Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:05 am

Just recalling is a Shift action, as is just sending out 1 pokemon.

The Machamp is faster than Ms. Cuddles, so she'd only be able to apply Intimidate after its damage was already done. It wouldn't make a difference in keeping Ms. Cuddles up.

And Maguma didn't do anything this round because Koa used his command action on Rawku. And even if Ms. Cuddles is in range to use Friend Guard on him, would you really want to? That was a Rock attack Maguma got hit with, so the damage would still be neutral on Ms. Cuddles after using Friend Guard. She'd only get knocked out that much faster, and the grunts and their pokemon would be able to move into the warehouse and start attacking us. Koa was recalling Maguma anyway.

Again, regardless of if you want to use one of the 2 Reflect charges to keep Ms. Cuddles up, I'd recommend sending Ochrana out to do his thing.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:14 am

Double post to ask Mort a question

You know how Regifae sort-of 'called' Eliza to it, because it was forced into acting against its will? Would Irene be getting any sort-of weird vibes like that from this Psychic Regi? Or any sort-of vibes at all?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:19 am

Friend Guard would make Maguma resist the damage, not cause her to take it instead.

and if I can activate friend guard I can get a second cheered condition. which can allow me to reduce 5 more damage on an attack. :thumbsup:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:23 am

Oh woops, you're right. I had Intercepting in my head when I thought of Friend Guard, my bad.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 am

Chiming in just in general... Yeah, any help that could feasibly come in would need at least ten rounds to even get there, and that'd be very very optimistic- Izzy seeing the message, jumping on Kay, and instantly finding the right kind spot kind of optimistic. And Izzy is gonna have her own, entirely avoidable issue to deal with, too.

There's the pizzeria owners though, which... Probably called for help of some kind? Probably not feds, but...

That's all I'm gonna say, though, because I don't want to steer decisions in any direction. If you've any questions, I'll answer them, though. Such as, IC, the stat penalty thing is constantly "active", not something that got triggered once, so Lonaki will be subjected to it. Also...
SuperVaderMan wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:14 am Double post to ask Mort a question

You know how Regifae sort-of 'called' Eliza to it, because it was forced into acting against its will? Would Irene be getting any sort-of weird vibes like that from this Psychic Regi? Or any sort-of vibes at all?
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:27 am

oh, if the stat penalty is active, how does that work with motivation? Cause I'll switch commands if it's just going to be "you brought the stages up just for it to go down again!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:30 am

It'd depend on what exactly you're doing to remove the penalty, I suppose..? Assuming that you're "removing" it by boosting CS, then assuming the "effect" gets removed, you'd just end up with boosted CS. If however, you use something that "removes negative CS", it probably wouldn't work for this..?

Trying to judge by the raw interpretation that I remodeled to be less severe. :shifty:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:40 am

yeah it removes negative cs it's "the pokemon/trainer can give up the motivated condition as a free action to increase the cs to it's default value."

by the way you phrased it, it sounds like the default is now adjusted based on the effect of Echo, so I'll adjust my post real quick

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:40 am

I feel that Don't Stop Now! would be the better choice anyway. The Temp HP and DR do a better job at negating damage, if you wouldn't mind switching.

Also I don't... really understand what Irene's going for? Things aren't that dire that someone has to stay behind to let the others escape. I get that Irene's having some kinda mental conversation with the Regi, so I'm not privy to everything they're talking about, but still.

Also also I brought up the Regifae thing because Koa does have a Snag Machine, and Koa just got done buying a bunch of supplies for the specific purpose of liberating captured god-pokemon :shifty:

Does the ceiling above the broken wall look collapsible btw, Mort? I'm still considering trying that, and suggesting that Bruce have Rawku help.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:45 am

lol already switched, and I thought Irene seemed quite rational in the post. She can just teleport away whenever.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 am

Not from my viewpoint. Irene said a whole lot of nothing. She just said "go, I'll be fine" while providing no context for what she's doing at all nor any convincing arguments that she'll actually be OK with all these Red Hand guys still attacking us. :shrug:

Also I think Irene still has a Shift action available? It seemed like the psychic Regi teleported right next to Irene, so she wouldn't have to walk up to it, I don't think.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:36 pm

I don't suppose Ms. Cuddles' crit Dragon Rage last round on the Machamp could have done 30 damage instead of 15? It still isn't a lot of damage, especially for a crit, but it might make the difference :shifty:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:03 am

Rawku should be doing 3d10+10 for DB 11, btw Sam. Mort's roller is a bit off when it comes to 5-strike moves.

Also, great! Bruce actually managed to get on :lol:. Rawku should still have a Shift action left, so Bruce can get going a bit this round.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:16 am

On a side note, I actually find it hilarious that there are people in this dramatic struggle where they're desperately trying to work out how to avoid getting the shit beaten out of them, and Alex is meanwhile considering "Do I want to try luring out that demon again so I can verbally abuse it until it feels so bad it returns my idol?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am

I feel as though I misinterpreted what Natrivv wanted to do. When he said 'Irene moves towards the exit' I assumed he meant the only exit, as in the entrance to the pizzeria and not the eventual exit Rawku would open up. Woops :paranoia:

Also I'm assuming Irene's check to placate the Regi cost a Standard action? Because if Irene managed to use a Go, Fight, Win! then Ms. Cuddles should be up from having 5 Temp HP and +5 DR.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am

Double post again because I always have follow-up questions :shifty:

Two questions about Rawku's Rock Blast on the Rattata. Since the Regi's mental pressure was no longer in effect by Rawku's turn, would Rawku still have the -3 CS penalty? If he doesn't, would that combined with the fact Sam only rolled DB 10 instead of DB 11 add up to being enough to knock out the Rattata?

Also, how many/which opponents would you say Koa would be able to hit with either Slice or Rock Slide?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:16 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am I feel as though I misinterpreted what Natrivv wanted to do. When he said 'Irene moves towards the exit' I assumed he meant the only exit, as in the entrance to the pizzeria and not the eventual exit Rawku would open up. Woops :paranoia:

Also I'm assuming Irene's check to placate the Regi cost a Standard action? Because if Irene managed to use a Go, Fight, Win! then Ms. Cuddles should be up from having 5 Temp HP and +5 DR.
Well... Truthfully, I seem to forget about those things unless people post them in big, bold, flashing red letters, and am even liable to forget them even then, so... Truthfully, I just forgot/missed it.

Practically however, I'm gonna say charming the regisyke (Yes, that's it's official name now) took a standard action because I don't want to go through retcon hell. :shifty:
SuperVaderMan wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am Double post again because I always have follow-up questions :shifty:

Two questions about Rawku's Rock Blast on the Rattata. Since the Regi's mental pressure was no longer in effect by Rawku's turn, would Rawku still have the -3 CS penalty? If he doesn't, would that combined with the fact Sam only rolled DB 10 instead of DB 11 add up to being enough to knock out the Rattata?

Also, how many/which opponents would you say Koa would be able to hit with either Slice or Rock Slide?
err, let me look at the hp it has... Yeah, it would actually. Consider it KO'd

Also, right now there's a good number of them bunched up near the entrance trying to get through, so... Slice could probably hit the poochyena and a grunt, while rock slide could hit both grunts and the poochyena? (Assuming that they haven't all managed to rush in next round or something like that. :roll:)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:52 pm

So... sorry about the retcon hell o:) , but it seems unless you want to readjust some attacks Ms. Cuddles might get to act still. On the bright side at least reflect is used up :P

though if Irene could have gotten the go fight win off Ms. Cuddles could have 15 hp instead of 5 :shrug: at least I know it's very effective in battle now.

edit to clarify the 2nd statement. I meant I know Irene does what I wanted her build to do in battle now. This is the first chaotic group battle where she's had enough powers to actually have influence over the entire battle field. Even if it's been mostly directed at Ms. Cuddles so far, there was two rounds of her being a primary target instead of just one, which did help our side avoid damage.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Btw if Irene is recalling an unconscious Ms. Cuddles, she can send another pokemon out as part of the same Shift action, if you want. That's only if Ms. Cuddles is knocked out, though, which she probably will be before the start of next round.

Also, some clarification on how Go, Fight Win! is supposed to stack with Commander's voice. Apparently if you stack GFW with another [Orders] feat, you still end up using both your Standard and Swift. No mistakes were made with Irene's actions, I just wanted to point out an odd interaction.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Alex in going to be spending a very long time just trying every combination he can, now that it seems like he's locked out the 'demon'. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

So... I'm sure you can't give us all the details, Natrivv, but what is your game plan? Is it just to distract the Regisyke? Turn it to our side? Heck. convince it to come with us and join the fight against the Godslayers? I just want to know if this is turning into a rescue mission, or if it's still an escape attempt.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:22 am

Break the summoner's staff. It's what is controlling it.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:10 am

... would you guys be mad if I said I didn't have a game plan?

She is talking to me, and her initial reaction was to protect me from danger which is why she teleported between me and everyone else. Beyond that I'm sorta just going with the flow trying my best to improvise

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Not really. I don't think anybody expected this to go this way.

So I guess the question is, do we want to turn this into a rescue op and free Regisyke? Or just continue with our original goal of getting out of here. The fight isn't going all that badly (namely thanks to Koa and Irenes buffs, with Bruce being pretty much useless ri Christy t now ), so I think we might have a shot if we want to
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm

I'd say that's up to Natrivv. It's the psychic Regi, and Irene's the one interacting with it, so Irene has more claim on it than anyone if Natrivv wants to go for it.

Again, Koa has a Snag Machine. If it wants to come with us willingly, it's a simple matter of escaping and having Irene use the machine to override the Summoner's staff and catch it.