Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Burns probably has the right idea. If you aren't gonna run away, focus down the Summoner('s staff) and free the Regisyke.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:27 am "Summoner! What is the meaning of this?! Control the beast!"

"I'm trying! It's not LISTENING to me!"

Despite Echo's sudden unwillingness to engage with the trainers, this isn't stopping them from trying to break through...
The summoner seems rather frustrated at this situation, seeming to be waving her staff a little bit with little actual response, but otherwise does not seem to act...
I think the staff is just for summoning.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:44 am

She is waving it around to try to get a reaction from it. So it also controls it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:05 am

Or at least it's meant to. If it properly controlled, Irene wouldn't be able to talk to it. Well, unless there's something about element affinity that overrides these control situations, in which case it was even more vital for teleporty lady to send away the fairy gym leader.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 am

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:16 pm
SuperVaderMan wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am Double post again because I always have follow-up questions :shifty:

Two questions about Rawku's Rock Blast on the Rattata. Since the Regi's mental pressure was no longer in effect by Rawku's turn, would Rawku still have the -3 CS penalty? If he doesn't, would that combined with the fact Sam only rolled DB 10 instead of DB 11 add up to being enough to knock out the Rattata?
err, let me look at the hp it has... Yeah, it would actually. Consider it KO'd
Quick reminder that the Rattata's out ;)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 am

Also I'm debating having Koa try to Disarm the phone from the Summoner. I'm not sure if it would be worth it, though?
Page 499 wrote:Maneuver: Disarm
Action: Standard
AC: 6
Class: Status
Range: Melee, 1 Target
Effect: You and the target each make opposed Combat or
Stealth Checks. If you win, the target’s Held Item (Main
Hand or Off-Hand for humans) falls to the ground.
Wouldn't the Summoner just be able to pick it up again? Sure, Koa would be able to get an AoO on her for doing so, but... eh? This could be effective if someone else smashes/steals the phone, but that's also 2 Standard actions being used to deal with this problem. It could be worth it if the Summoner's calling reinforcements, which I'm assuming she is (of the mundane or supernatural variety, who's to say). Maybe Irene could send out a pokemon to help with that, or do the disarm itself so Koa can grab the phone?

Koa's other option is to Slice both of the Grunts unconscious, but so far they haven't been that threatening. If Bruce wants to wade into combat again, Rawku could probably Bulldoze the both of them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:30 pm

*mumbles something about being too tired for this shit, replaces fallen rattata with lvl 100 charizard...*

This is what I get for not just updating the post immediately. I'll resolve the update in your guys favor and remove the damage + the new pokemon sent out won't get to act this round.
SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 am Also I'm debating having Koa try to Disarm the phone from the Summoner. I'm not sure if it would be worth it, though?
Page 499 wrote:Maneuver: Disarm
Action: Standard
AC: 6
Class: Status
Range: Melee, 1 Target
Effect: You and the target each make opposed Combat or
Stealth Checks. If you win, the target’s Held Item (Main
Hand or Off-Hand for humans) falls to the ground.
Wouldn't the Summoner just be able to pick it up again? Sure, Koa would be able to get an AoO on her for doing so, but... eh? This could be effective if someone else smashes/steals the phone, but that's also 2 Standard actions being used to deal with this problem. Could be worth it if the Summoner's calling reinforcements, which I'm assuming she is (of the mundane or supernatural variety, who's to say).

Koa's other option is to Slice both of the Grunts unconscious, but so far they haven't been that threatening. If Bruce wants to wade into combat again, Rawku could probably Bulldoze the both of them.
Koa has overland 8, right? Should be able to reach her then, although he'd have to take AOO from... Well, almost everyone there- Everyone is getting clustered around the entrance, and the commander is close to the summoner still. She could also probably pick the phone back up, which... Would probably be another standard action? It feels like it should be something lesser, but I don't want to say "and she immediately picks the phone back up using her shift action and then just dials anyways" :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm

You know...you guys do have an eldrich abomination you can call on that can affect technology...At the very least he can disrupt the waves in the air.

Or if you guys have a mon with thief or knock off it would prevent her picking it up again for the encounter.

Or just put her to sleep. Would stall at least one turn.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:31 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:30 pmKoa has overland 8, right? Should be able to reach her then, although he'd have to take AOO from... Well, almost everyone there- Everyone is getting clustered around the entrance, and the commander is close to the summoner still. She could also probably pick the phone back up, which... Would probably be another standard action? It feels like it should be something lesser, but I don't want to say "and she immediately picks the phone back up using her shift action and then just dials anyways" :roll:
Overland 9, so maybe he could skirt around 1 or 2 guys?

As for picking up and using items, I think that would be part of the same Standard Action? It costs a Standard to retrieve something from your Backpack and use it, so I'd say it would be the same for picking up stuff off the ground and using them.
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm You know...you guys do have an eldrich abomination you can call on that can affect technology...At the very least he can disrupt the waves in the air.

Or if you guys have a mon with thief or knock off it would prevent her picking it up again for the encounter.

Or just put her to sleep. Would stall at least one turn.
I believe Spark can only really affect things he 'owns', either himself or through us.

Unfortunately none of us have pokemon with item-targeting moves. Koa has the TM for Thief, but hasn't taught it to anything yet.

Irene's Spinda has Hypnosis... that's still an AC 6 move, so about the same chance to hit as Disarm, but there's no contested skill roll afterward in Hypnosis' case. Then Koa could run over and grab the phone while she's sleeping. Not a bad idea.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm

I can give Koa either his tick or 8 Dr from every attack for a round. So that should help with the aoo.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm

That sounds like a solid plan. I'll wait for you to post for Irene before making one for Koa. And yeah, I'd recommend either Ochrana to go for a Disarm (5d6+2 Stealth) or Rhythm to go for a Hypnosis.

If you miss or don't want to have our pokemon participate, I'll try Disarming with Koa and smashing the phone with Lonaki. I'd prefer not to, though, since Lonaki can probably take out the Umbreon. :shifty:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Wasn't quite sure what to do, so I figured I'd just go for biggest area of affect. It didn't really work out, but... oh well.

Also, I really love the idea of combining riding a pokemon with intimidate. I don't know if it actually makes it easier to intimidate them, but it seems much more satisfying. Depending on my team, and how many extra feats I have in the late game, I might make Rider my 5th class.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Hey, should I save probility control just incase my charm check needs a boost, or should I help Rawku out. And annoy the commander even more with how much I do compared to him? :p

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 am

Natrivv, the secondary master lock ability is meant to be used as a separate action, not an "add-on" as you're using it right now. :P I suppose my intention of what it's supposed to be never was super clear, though, in that the additionally could be interpreted as an "also" rather than an "instead" like I intended, so my bad.

Anyways, while the means of master lock is magical, it's results are still "ordinary"... Using it to lock a standard door for example, won't magically make it "impenetrable" or "impossible to unlock"- Assuming that whoever is on the other side has the key of it, they could just unlock it like a regular door. It IS magical in the aspect that it can affect likely most things in this manner. A regular wooden door. A two-meters thick heavily reinforced steel bunker door. A can of pickles.

As for using it on a phone... I'll allow it. Would probably be just a regular "enter your pin code" type of deal, but judging how many people just keep their phone on all the time and never need to input that pin code... I'm gonna have her make a tech edu roll, and it'd take up her standard action. :roll:

Also, here's a prediction from the "probably never going to happen" vault:
HAHAHAHA! FOOLISH trainers! You're too late... I've already initiated the door unlocking sequence. And once it is done... NOTHING will be able to st-"

"..."

"Did you... Just use. Master lock. On the fucking door?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 am

ok, my bad. I could have it be a regular disarm check instead if you like.

Yeah I wasn't meaning to describe a magical lock, most cell phones I've seen after so many failed tries the phone locks itself for a period of time with an exception built in for emergency calls to the local emergency hotline. Though stalling her for a turn to just re-enter the pin would be entertaining.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:57 am

Just a regular disarm would be fine if you prefer. Also do note it IS still a free action, if you'd rather use the ability for that than it's other effect.

And yeah, I expected as much, but I just wanted to clarify just in case/for future reference. :)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:06 am

Ok, I'd prefer to keep Klefki locking the phone if possible, just because that would be harder to counter.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:59 am

Neat idea, Natrivv. Locking the Summoner out of her phone for a bit freed Koa for some clean up!

Now Bruce can come in and have Rawku stomp around, looking scary :lol:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:24 am

Added in a Confusion check for Lonaki that I forgot. Good thing Confusion doesn't eat your turn anymore :P

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:40 am

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:06 am
Bjorn

Bjorn continues further down the maze, trying to ignore the lurking sense of fear... Nothing seeming to happening- Only eerie silence through the halls... The first thing he ends up finding being another door, non-surprisingly, locked... But it does seem there's two series of cables leading out of it, in either direction- Likely a means to open it..?
Does the door swing out, or in? Do the cables go up and down, or left and right?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:44 am

Door seems like it's automatic, likely on some kind of automatic mechanism that will have it swing out when activated. Cables go left and right.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Wasn't the Summoner slowed and trapped, as well? She was the primary target of the Fairy Lock, and Burst 3 is a HUGE area, a 7x7 square.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:00 pm

I was under the impression that she was meant to be the target only of the special effect, not the actual move, and the latter was "hit as many targets as possible". It was also the only targets Ochrana could realistically hit, as they were still clustered around the tiny "entrance"- And as is evident by the summoner not actually having participated in the battle, she's been hanging back well out of the range of standard attacks, too.

Do realize I should have caught the buizel and phantump in the burst too, though. :shifty:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Huh, I didn't think the secondary effect would have a longer range beyond Fairy Lock.

The Summoner was that far away, though? 8 meter release range, Ochrana's 6 Levitate speed, and 3 meters of Fairy Lock range?

I don't think it matters that much anyway, though. Koa still has 9 Overland, so if I decide on trying to catch her, he probably can. :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Well, Ochrana probably could, but would also take (for what it matters) AOO in the process, and only be able to hit the summoner. But I can change that around if it is what is preferred.