Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:39 am

Alright, I made supersonic a cone 2 move. Seems the most fitting.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:57 am

Uh, mort? If you do that then what would cute be? And i would have to change aroumnd my starter a lot if you do that (hell probably have to find something much more fitting for beauty :roll: ) I really don't want to do that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

Intuition would be cute. And why would you have to change your starter?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:03 am

Because I was going to be a cute trainer and now i will probably end up as beauty, which means getting a starter that would be good at beauty competitions. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 am

Ah, fine. I stick with my point that charm fits beauty better, but I should probably have mentioned it a lot sooner. Homerule unhomeruled. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 am

Charm fits cute pretty damn well mort.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm not saying charm doesn't fit cute. I'm saying that in my opinion, charm fits beauty far better.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 pm

*picks Dragon Starter, first Gym is Fairy Type*

I suppose I should just be glad it wasn't an Ice Gym.... :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Yeah, sorry, bad luck there. :roll: It was either that or a dark-type gym (yes, blasphemy) but it made more sense to have a supermodel be in "charge" of the capital rather than, well, a hipster hobo. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Counter: kittens and puppies. They are cute, and have lot of charm.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:55 pm

You know what those puppies have?

Intuition. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Not really. Not at first.

Not much of things that are beautiful have that huggable charm.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Ack! Scynch, your colours are blinding.
I know, but light blue was taken, white and lighter blue too hard to read against green and not much else suits Ice :(

I would say beauty and cute both have an element of charm, but beauty more so. Synonyms for charm are attractiveness, beauty, glamour, prettiness.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:19 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Yeah, sorry, bad luck there. :roll: It was either that or a dark-type gym (yes, blasphemy) but it made more sense to have a supermodel be in "charge" of the capital rather than, well, a hipster hobo. :roll:
Why not Grass? Or Bug? Or Fighting? :paranoia:

Also, you don't know what you're talking about. Hobo's make excellent mayors :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:24 pm

*Has a resistant Fire-type with a Poison-type move*

I'm fine with a Fairy gym! :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Dusk9 wrote:
M0rtimer wrote:Yeah, sorry, bad luck there. :roll: It was either that or a dark-type gym (yes, blasphemy) but it made more sense to have a supermodel be in "charge" of the capital rather than, well, a hipster hobo. :roll:
Why not Grass? Or Bug? Or Fighting? :paranoia:

Also, you don't know what you're talking about. Hobo's make excellent mayors :roll:
It's because I hate you, obviously.b >:D

In hindsight, I actually do regret taking fairy as the first gym type. I just statted up a first build for when you guys eventually try to take on the gym and... Geeze, it's more like a bunch of random pokemon that also happen to be part fairy rather than an actual fairy team. But with the way most fairy pokemon are set up, I'd need a higher starting level to properly do something with it.

Oh well. There's always the chance you guys come back to attempt to get better rewards. And it's not like the way it's currently set up is going to be easy in the least bit... :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Actually we don't know how gym challenges work in this game, and I really doubt any of us are planning to challenge the gym with one pokemon anyways whether if it's a fire with poison move, or weak to it dragon.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Yeah, you guys will need to do some pokemon hunting/training before trying to take on a gym. But it's going to be similar to Dusks game. I'll write out the specifics tomorrow if you guys want, else it'll come up IC sooner or later.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:12 pm

M0rtimer wrote:In hindsight, I actually do regret taking fairy as the first gym type. I just statted up a first build for when you guys eventually try to take on the gym and... Geeze, it's more like a bunch of random pokemon that also happen to be part fairy rather than an actual fairy team. But with the way most fairy pokemon are set up, I'd need a higher starting level to properly do something with it.

Oh well. There's always the chance you guys come back to attempt to get better rewards. And it's not like the way it's currently set up is going to be easy in the least bit... :roll:
It seems like Fairies are a bit like Dragons, in that their Moves are pretty limited for some lines. For example, Kay is part Dragon, but the only Dragon move she learns via level-up is Dragon Pulse. At Lv70. As a Noivern. Though I guess the Gardevoir line has it worse, only learning Moonblast at Lv85.....
Natrivv wrote:Actually we don't know how gym challenges work in this game, and I really doubt any of us are planning to challenge the gym with one pokemon anyways whether if it's a fire with poison move, or weak to it dragon.
I know, I'm just being silly. To be fair, it actually gives me a good excuse to search for a Steel type which I can type-shift to Flying/Steel later in the game.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Yeah, most "fairy" lines get fairy wind at the start and after that they're on their own, at least until the way higher levels. Hence that I'm saying it's mostly a mishmash of pokemon that also happen to be fairies. :roll:

Vader, how much do you have prepared in cooking ingredients?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:56 pm

I have to have ingredients prepared ahead of time? That... makes sense, heh :chuckle: *Scraps idea of selling treats to the competitors for mad dosh*

If I had to pick a number I'd say $1000 worth.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Alright, you can mark that on your sheet, and use that to prepare any treats as you see fit.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey so...how would you change it to steel flying?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Type Sync. Obviously :roll:

As for the 'mon in question, I'm thinking Aron. Partly due to it learning Metal Claw at Lv11, but mainly because a winged Aggron would be hilariously fun to play with. Who needs a Skarmory when you have a flying armoured tank! :P

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Type Sync. It's now a General feature, but you need a type-linked class (Type Ace, Elementalist, a Psychic class, or Aura Guardian) to take it (and it has to match the type-linked class).

... :o_O:

...Heh. Aura Guardian's eligible for Type Sync. I didn't know that until I checked just now. :evillaugh: