Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Okay cool.
Dusk9 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 am I would rule that the ghosts also had a readied action to use Hypnosis. Then base it on Speed. Which the ghosts would almost certainly win vs Haley.
I am pretty sure getting out of invis takes an action and I don’t remember about Gengar’s shadow walk but I am guessing it’s the same to prevent sneak attacks like they precented the same withburrowing mons.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:59 pm

You should look this stuff up before saying anything, Burns.
Page 305 wrote:Invisibility: Pokémon who have the Invisibility
Capability can turn invisible as a Shift Action. Pokémon
may not perform Moves while invisible. While invisible,
you must roll +4 during Accuracy Checks to hit the
Pokémon. When a Pokémon turns invisible, they can
only remain invisible for up to 4 minutes or can turn
visible again as a Free Action. After becoming visible,
they must wait two plus the number of minutes they
spent invisible before turning invisible again.
Page 307 wrote:Shadow Meld: Gengar can melt into shadows to remain
unseen as a Standard Action. While doing so, Gengar
receives a +4 bonus to Stealth rolls, gains +1 to its
evasion, and can travel along a surface as if completely
flat. Gengar may also “ride” along on a living creature’s
shadow, moving along with it as the creature moves.
Gengar may not use Standard Actions while melded
into shadow. Reforming is a Shift Action.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:18 am

Missing a whole bunch of actions still. Even if they're just "follow along" or "wait" :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:55 am

Yeah sorry, been trying to figure out how Izzy would react to the ghosts. I'll get something up by tonight

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:23 am

I'd completely missed that there was even anything for the climbing group.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am

Sorry, been training the new manager at work, along with other chaos in life. I'll get a post up by tonight as well.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:05 pm

How many ghosts are there? A Gengar, Ghastly, and a Dusclops so far, right?
So far, yes.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Sorry for the delay on the update, been dealing with work stuff (work stuff that might lead to a promotion so hurray for that at least)

Haven't gotten sword/shield yet, not sure if I will, but been keeping up with it. Seems like it's fun after the original dexxit mess.

Also my quick words on the "final boss" of the game:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Eh. I probably won’t get sword/shield. Even when they update the dex. I heard there is a loooooot of hand holding and it os too easy.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:28 pm

There are some ups and downs of hand-holding from what I've seen. You can skip some of the tutorial things (eg. if you catch a pokemon before reaching the whole "I'll show you how to catch pokemon" thing it doesn't make you sit through the whole thing), but your rival is... "special." Supposedly they'll just repeat the same shocked lines throughout the entire game whenever you get a crit or use a SE move on them.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Actually the interesting thing about the game is Hop is never called your rival, you're always called Hop's rival.

And it's not any easier or harder then any other game, it's just how much you want to create a balance team vs running a team of all fairy and grass types.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:19 pm

I mean, as far as I know, being rivals is a mutual thing, who is whose rival is just a matter of perspective.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:42 am

Hey Dlover, give me a perception roll anyways. Let's see if his aura means he can see something that'd be impossible for the others to notice in the first place.
Also are we still doing 2x for super effective or 1.5?
We have now officially switched to 1.5x super effective damage. Also Burns, what does eating a Figy berry do for willow, if anything?

Also, in a completely unrelated question. I believe we previously established that pokemon with levitate can't take falling damage (long as they are conscious at least), but speaking purely hypothetically, should a pokemon go intangible and phase through something, only to find itself suddenly a good dozen meters in the air, it'd fall down to the ground, yes?

...This raises a lot of ghost physics related questions...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:05 am

I'll post the roll in the IC thread. Though I still have a feeling anything worth noticing is going to take more than a 6. :P

As for your question... I'd say so long as it's still phased into something it would keep its elevation, but if it completely leaves the surface it would fall, yes. Can't levitate over air, that's called flying. Probably can't reverse-levitate either. That's call hands-free climbing and I named it just now. It's the most extreme sport.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 am

Figy berry restores 1/6 of her hp. And with harvest she can do it per turn.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 am

That's what it does in the actual games yes, but in PTU it only seems to be a pokeblock ingredient? Unless there is something that triggers the HP?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 am

That’s what it does in game, since she likes it. It’s considered a treat berry. If she didn’t like it then she’d heal for 1/8 (or is it 1/16) and be confused

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:40 am

Oh, yeah, I'm dumb. That's correct, then. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 am

Drake is gone sadly. I killed him.

... Ok fine, he just stayed behind at the University.

If you'd want to see if you know yourself what the arcane circle does, you can roll me an occult edu check.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:01 pm

It wouldn't make any sense for Koa to know, not gonna bother trying to roll for it. Either the two present authorities on arcane shenanigans, Magnus and/or Luna, exposit about it or they don't :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Don't worry, there's 90% chance it's going to be in Grimms monologue :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 am

Sam, you'll have to give me an acrobatics check to try and reduce fall damage. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:04 am

So working on the maps for these coming battles, I'm realizing that they're too big to manage them as they are, and trying to get them out as single images like this would not be overseeable. So, which of these options would you guys prefer?

-Compromise and go smaller than I first intended so the rooms should still be small enough to be manageable for single images
-Show just a global overview of what the map looks like, then make (several) pictures zoomed in on the action.
-Do some "hacky' stuff as in saying each tile is actually 2 or more meters rather than one.

Alternatively, and I'm planning to do it anyways, I can share the roll20 game I'm making these on, and then you can look to your hearts content. To make that the ONLY option would mean that's an option for everyone, of course.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:20 am

I can guarantee you that if we go with the third option people are going to consistently forget about the change to tile size and misjudge distances. Otherwise I'm not bothered with the decision.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:14 pm

I'd be up for just doing things via Roll20, that sounds the easiest.