Climb 1 = 1 Rank
Escape Artist 5 = 1 Rank +4 Ability Modifier
Intimidate -2 = -2 Ability Modifier
Perception +9 = 1 Rank + 1 Wis +7 Racial/Skill Focus
Stealth +5 = 1 Rank +4 Ability Modifier
Survival +1 = +1 Ability Modifier
Swim = 0
Specials
Jump = +12 = +4 Dex +8 Mysterious Bonus (Apparently in Pathfinder Fennic Foxes mated with some kangaroos...no their actually better relative jumpers than Roos) :paranoia:
Track Noise = +5 = +4 Racial +1 Ability Modifier
Selected Feats:
Diehard
Dodge
Iron Will
with
Perception -Skill Focus as a racial feat...
The other two are joint with his mistress...

And the 50% rule will be for any trick he's only partially learned...

I'll allow her to use archaic elvish words, but anyone who speaks/reads/understands elvish will understand her...even though they might wonder why she's talking like she's 537 years old to her fox... >:D
(And it will not be a language slot either...)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Re: Recruitment/Interest Thread for the Immortals

Post by Tea » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:42 pm

And then it's class skills again, so Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, and Stealth have another +3, but otherwise it's looking like things are matching up now.

I was going more for Elvish at about more in the 1000 years or greater ago range, although I have no idea what the early histories are, so only if it exists. (I'm still trying to fill this language slot). Although,...this face on the end doesn't seem to bode well...I'm competently fine with just going with modern elvish and finding something more normal for the other language.

Edit: although, now that I think more she's probably not quite that educated (she's a little educated, and she might have a streak of the amateur linguist in her, so even if she did know a few words, the chances of them being the same words she would need for commands are probably not so good), not to mention she probably didn't get that many illicit slips off to the nearest, biggest library in her youth and I was already having her dust off her calligraphy and alchemy(her parents definitely did not approve of this particular undertaking) lessons so I might just drop the Old Elvish idea.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 am

Tea wrote:And then it's class skills again, so Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, and Stealth have another +3, but otherwise it's looking like things are matching up now.
Er...no as animal companions don't have a class so they don't get a class skill bonus... ;)
I was going more for Elvish at about more in the 1000 years or greater ago range, although I have no idea what the early histories are, so only if it exists. (I'm still trying to fill this language slot). Although,...this face on the end doesn't seem to bode well...I'm competently fine with just going with modern elvish and finding something more normal for the other language.
But I don't see elvish as a language 'moving' that much because of the race lives so long...and its a written language which makes 'movement' far slower than non-written languages...(Old Orc is a completely diffrent kettle of fish)
Edit: although, now that I think more she's probably not quite that educated (she's a little educated, and she might have a streak of the amateur linguist in her, so even if she did know a few words, the chances of them being the same words she would need for commands are probably not so good), not to mention she probably didn't get that many illicit slips off to the nearest, biggest library in her youth and I was already having her dust off her calligraphy and alchemy(her parents definitely did not approve of this particular undertaking) lessons so I might just drop the Old Elvish idea.
If I recall her family is in trade, which is the ultimate reason for her learning lanquages...so that you know when someone thinks their trying to screw you over... ;)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 am

Unless you wanted to count all animal skills as class skills, I suppose. :b
I can only see that ending poorly. We already wound up with the party's wolf having the best climb in the party sans the rogue in my last Pathfinder game.

I've almost got my equipment finished up. I'll toss updated links as soon as I'm ready.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 am

Animal companions can have ranks in any of the following skills:

Acrobatics* (Dex), Climb* (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Fly* (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Perception* (Wis), Stealth* (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim* (Str).

All of the skills marked with an (*) are class skills for animal companions. Animal companions with an Intelligence of 3 or higher can put ranks into any skill.
That would mean Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim...

Quarg, for my character, do you have any objections or concerns with the following? I opted against the Underpants of Wisdom... a WIS boost only gains me access to two more feats at this point, so I went a bit more conventional as STR and armor do more on a regular basis.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:20 am

Yeah...adding both skill points and class points for a creature hainging out with someone seems a bit problematic at best...

Spider...
My only problem with you dropping both Wis and Int is that he might be a bit like Sych's character in the Willpell game...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:51 am

Well, I think some of the issues with Synch's character was that he was drunk the entirety of that game.... :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Well yes...

But I'm going to make your character an offer in his past he was offered either two thousand gold by a sleazy promoter or:

A Dragon Amulet
Description: A small magical silver 'dragon' golem on a silver chain.
The wearer, if they concentrate on a particular question or conversation can gain a +1d6 insight bonus to understand it (equivalent to an intel bonus) depending on the happiness of the dragon shaped golem
To keep the magical silver golem 'happy' it must be provided alcoholic beverages regularly (at least once per day)
If the golem is unhappy, then it will provide no bonus
If the golem is really unhappy, it might flash a random idiotic thought into the wearers mind...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Quarg wrote:Well yes...

But I'm going to make your character an offer in his past he was offered either two thousand gold by a sleazy promoter or:

A Dragon Amulet
The wearer, if they concentrate on a particular question or conversation can gain a +1d6 insight bonus to understand it (equivalent to an intel bonus) depending on the happiness of the dragon shaped golem
To keep the magical silver golem 'happy' it must be provided alcoholic beverages regularly (at least once per day)
If the golem is really unhappy, it might flash a random idiotic thought into the wearers mind...
I'll take it! Of course, now I'm tempted to make it unhappy at least once just to see what happens. ;)

Flavorwise, unless you had something else in mind, I'd picture him dunking the amulet in a drink and it consuming all the alcohol in the drink, leaving the rest behind... ?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:46 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Quarg wrote:Well yes...

A Dragon Amulet
I'll take it! Of course, now I'm tempted to make it unhappy at least once just to see what happens. ;)

Flavorwise, unless you had something else in mind, I'd picture him dunking the amulet in a drink and it consuming all the alcohol in the drink, leaving the rest behind... ?
Well then he has two thousand less to spend on goodies then...

And no, it drinks the whole damn liquid...any left...well what does dragon golem piss taste like... :lol:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Quarg wrote:
Tea wrote:And then it's class skills again, so Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, and Stealth have another +3, but otherwise it's looking like things are matching up now.
Er...no as animal companions don't have a class so they don't get a class skill bonus... ;)
Hm,..I thought I readÔÇöand oh looks like someone already beat me to finding it...
Spiderwrangler wrote:
Animal companions can have ranks in any of the following skills:
Acrobatics* (Dex), Climb* (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Fly* (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Perception* (Wis), Stealth* (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim* (Str).
All of the skills marked with an (*) are class skills for animal companions. Animal companions with an Intelligence of 3 or higher can put ranks into any skill.
That would mean Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim...
If I recall her family is in trade, which is the ultimate reason for her learning lanquages...so that you know when someone thinks their trying to screw you over... ;)
Oh yeah, I completely forgot I could bounce that part of her background off of the language slot (tea... :roll:) In that case I should probably ask, is there anyone besides the elves in this coastal desert region?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Tea wrote:
Quarg wrote:
Hm,..I thought I readÔÇöand oh looks like someone already beat me to finding it...
Yes, but I'm not sure that the class bonus was ever meant for animal companions...
I mean really...I will grant you you can train a really smart animal to do things but still a +3 across the board? :meh:
And the bugger is going to be acrobatic like crazy...just not a very good swimmer at all...
Oh yeah, I completely forgot I could bounce that part of her background off of the language slot (tea... :roll:) In that case I should probably ask, is there anyone besides the elves in this coastal desert region?
But they could have meet anyone from the other side of the desert or from the sea...except Orcs...then your talking knowing your enemy...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Alright, not dealing with class skills for animals it is then!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:10 pm

You'd said you wanted to have an idea of what our characters look like for purposes of figuring out NPC response.

Here's Arg'ak...
[thumbnail]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/FwB2H ... 16-h919-no[/thumbnail]

I predict lots of hugs. :lol:

(That's intended to be a combat stance, not a drawing of him seconds after shitting his trousers, FYI. :roll: )

He occasionally wears this Battle Mask.
[thumbnail]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K5-w ... 223318.jpg[/thumbnail]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Alright, I'm going to try and get his show on the road...working out any outstanding details on the characters (*ahem* Sych) early on.

So I'm going to post draft opening entry situations for each of you. I'm going to try to closely follow what you've already posted about your characters but feel free to comment back on the drafts if you think I'm wrong on something...I don't want to waste too much time on getting things moving and I don't want to railroad your characters but I do need to point the launch rails in the right direction...

spiderwrangler wrote:You'd said you wanted to have an idea of what our characters look like for purposes of figuring out NPC response.

Here's Arg'ak...
[thumbnail]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/FwB2H ... 16-h919-no[/thumbnail]

I predict lots of hugs. :lol:

(That's intended to be a combat stance, not a drawing of him seconds after shitting his trousers, FYI. :roll: )
I thought he was trying to break dance...
He occasionally wears this Battle Mask.
[thumbnail]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K5-w ... 223318.jpg[/thumbnail]
He's going to get hugs from the ladies in the alley of seven veils at a sliver tog each...normally they only cost a copper tog...(Hugs that is)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Ooooh, that's a good price for lady hugs! Arg is used to paying silver and five coppers!

In other news, my sheet is pretty set, other than the martial flex feats and some other low cost adventuring items. I dropped the RoP to make room for his little dragon golem buddy... Sheet can be found here for your viewing pleasure.

He's definitely the blunt instrument of the group, but in the event that we need to intimidate someone to get the info we need, he's sitting at a +14 on Intimidate. :lol:

And whenever we do get around to some fighting, can dish out 1d8+10 damage at +13 to hit.

Also, if you really NEED/WANT it in mythweavers format, I can do that... I like them for autocalculating stuff, but they are kind of a pain for dealing with a bunch of feats, etc.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:44 pm

Art of Jaeger? that I can probably manage faster than I can finish his inventory. (oops.)
I meant to finish today but got caught up..making more feywild maps. I'll have art tomorrow unless I'm in town too long to get anything done.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:58 am

Oh hey, I knew I've just happening to be sketching the elf for some reason, I have one almost done drawing (just as soon as I convince her to grow that pair of arms she's supposed to have....) which I was going to put up anyway because I seem to have gotten a strange idea about attempting to hit it with some acrylics that are just sitting around being useless and trying to make sense of it after that prospective fiasco....methinks not so good. Otherwise, I'm just about done with the sheets. Let's see...what's the price for a middling quality paintbrush (she's not quite serious enough to set down and buy a proper set of calligraphy/art supplies, but she'd like to try something to practice with)?

Edit: okay,..now only need to grow one arm....

And, as done as I'm gonna be for now.
[thumbnail][/thumbnail]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 am

First,
I never requested artwork...just a description....

But you've put all my artwork to shame so...*bah*

And likely I'll be translating everyone's sheets to an internal spreadsheet so no worries there...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Oh,..sorry....
[thumbnail][/thumbnail]
but here, have another one! Or, you know, you could always see about getting a consolatory hug from Arg'ak up there. :D

And there, now they're both together and I just have to remind myself not to go back and tweak anything until necessary.
Aajej http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... id=1086143
Simoom http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... id=1091141

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Draft Pre-scenes
This is my attempt to work out why you are all at the same place at the same time to begin the game. If you think there is something wrong or the character would take a diffrent tact tell me as this is just a draft. The real idea is to give you a reason to be at a given place with a real purpose in the city based on your backgrounds.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Gah, I keep meaning to make my character when I get home and I keep forgetting! I'm really terrible at filling in character sheets, never been good at it.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Scowling and giving hugs are what Arg'ak's best at! The intro background sounds good to me, I would be interested in what knowing what his other teammates were like though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:47 pm

At first I was not sure about it, but now I am diggin it. I bet get even more looks because I am a goblin which anything to have them buy is good.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Synch wrote:Gah, I keep meaning to make my character when I get home and I keep forgetting! I'm really terrible at filling in character sheets, never been good at it.
You can just follow the same format Spider did...I just need your attributes, skills, feats, and high value goods really... ;)
At first I was not sure about it, but now I am diggin it. I bet get even more looks because I am a goblin which anything to have them buy is good.
It took me a moment to parse this...
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr