Thread of Unknown Purpose...OOC for Immortals

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Recruitment/Interest Thread for the Immortals

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:20 pm

I did not see pathfinder as one of the types of character sheets...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:32 am

Quarg wrote:At some point I need to get Chuck and Nerre to bid or cut bait...(Although I think Nerre has cut bait already)
Yes, I really would love to play, I just don't have the time to properly read through another game. I don't want to do this half-heartedly.
:zzz:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 am

1- Name: Makita Pantalion
2- Age: 36
3- Physical Description: 6'0", 170lbs. A once handsome hawkish man with steel grey eyes and meticulous black salt-and-pepper hair, Pantalion now has heavy scarring down the left side of his face and an unkempt appearance. He wears an eyepatch to cover his missing left eye. He wears black leathers and boots, with a black tricorne.
4- Personality Description: Pantalion was once a very dashing, hubristic and charming man; well loved by both the soldiers and the women. However since his mishap he is now very quiet and apathetic, with very little flamboyance in either his personality or his operation.
5- Race: Human
6- Class: Pistolero (Gunslinger)
7- Background: Every man, woman and child in the Empire knew the name Makita Pantalion, the legendary musketeer of the Imperial Army. Initially a mercenary for hire and one of the famed Dogs of War - elite mercenaries that only the most wealthy could afford - he was known for his sublime marksmanship and long-range assassination, as well as his womanising. It was rumored he could shoot a man between the eyes at 1000 yards with his highly customised flintlock rifle. The Imperial Army made him an offer he couldn't refuse when they became tired of their officers being picked off.

Pantalion became accustomed to the luxuries and trappings that came with a steady income and the glory of being a famed warhero, and slowly developed a very hubristic and narcassistic personality, although his charm and gallantry still left him enamored by his men (having risen to lead the First Imperial Rifles) and the ladies. It did not sit well with everyone however.

It was at one fateful battle that Pantalion's gunpowder had been switched with a highly explosive cocktail in an act of sabotage. Who was responsible or how they managed to tamper with Pantalion's custom rifle successfully is unknown, but it was an uncharacteristic lack of preparation and scrutiny that led to the rifle exploding in his hands, sending shrapnel into the left side of his arm and face. It was only the quick thinking of his gun squire Aldor, his most loyal and ardent fan, to put Pantalion's comatose form onto a horse and head for safety that saved him from being finished off by his would-be assassin.

Pantalion's recovery was slow and difficult. His gun squire had managed to get him to a monastery where the shrapnel was removed and wounds disinfected, but he lay in a deep sleep for a fortnight. When he awoke, he remembered only fragments of his previous life, his left eye was gone, and his left arm prone to frequent numbness. Although Aldor had filled the gaps in Pantalion's history and past events, and Pantalion remembered his gunsmithing enough to repair the rifle, Pantalion could barely hold his rifle steady with his numb arm, and his missing eye sorely ruined his aim. He was no longer the charismatic man Aldor once knew, instead prone to long bouts of silence, and outbursts of frustration regarding forgotten details and abilities. However he retained enough memory to adapt the rifle into a flintlock pistol that he could wield in one-hand, and muscle memory had left him adept at the use of other firearms still, if not long-range rifles.

Departing the monastery once well, Aldor and Pantalion could find no leads as to who might have been behind the assassination attempt, and did their best to hide Pantalion's identity lest he still be a target. Such a dramatic change of personality and scarred face did much good in distinguishing him from his past life, thankfully. What little coin the monks had given them gone, the pair were forced to resort to highway robbery to survive. All was going well until they were ambushed by a large group of mercenaries in hiding that had been employed by a lord who was becoming increasingly frustrated with his vassals being robbed. Pantalion managed to escape by the skin of his teeth, but could not prevent Aldor being killed.

Alone and constantly on the move, Pantalion eventually found safety and employment with a travelling group of troubadours and performers known as Circo Spectaculare as a trickshooter with the moniker of Marko Ribero, the Black Hawk. Always aware of the fact that he eventually may need to move on again, Pantalion kept a low profile and his distance from the other members of the troupe, and wondered whether to disappear again as they approached the outskirts of Avedon.
Last edited by Synch on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 am

Burns,
I will try to take a look and see what is up with sheets...I have seen a few elsewhere...

Synch,
Two minor problems:
1 - Just give the republic he came from a name...as in the game the Republic refers to the game nation which hasn't been at war with the Empire on land(sea power vs land power) but there obviously could be other republics on the same land mass...
2 - Change the name Immortals to something else...The Immortals are a rather horrid mercenary group known for hiring people who supposedly already died in battle...They will be a major opponent in the game
But beyond that it works...though realize their in an Island Republic far from the Empire now...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 am

Alright, character sheets pathfinder are availble at mythwevers...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Thought I'd have more time to finish my sheet than I did! I get on the plane in less than 24 hours, but I'll definitely have more time once I arrive. I'm still a bit torn on picking my domain/inquisition, but I can at least figure that out on the plane.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Amara wrote:Thought I'd have more time to finish my sheet than I did! I get on the plane in less than 24 hours, but I'll definitely have more time once I arrive. I'm still a bit torn on picking my domain/inquisition, but I can at least figure that out on the plane.
Promises promises promises...Nah no worries have a good trip...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Quarg wrote:Burns,
I will try to take a look and see what is up with sheets...I have seen a few elsewhere...

Synch,
Two minor problems:
1 - Just give the republic he came from a name...as in the game the Republic refers to the game nation which hasn't been at war with the Empire on land(sea power vs land power) but there obviously could be other republics on the same land mass...
2 - Change the name Immortals to something else...The Immortals are a rather horrid mercenary group known for hiring people who supposedly already died in battle...They will be a major opponent in the game
But beyond that it works...though realize their in an Island Republic far from the Empire now...
1. I have changed the realm to just plain Empire. I want him to be someone that everyone once knew but who he is unrecognisable as now. Basically, he was a famous merc who was recruited by the Empire, and subsequently an Imperial war hero of renown, that has either died or vanished.
2. Changed Immortals to Dogs of War (although, now I know who the Immortals are, Makita would be the perfect recruit given everyone assumes him dead... its a shame they are evil...)
3. I left his would-be assassin ambiguous in case you want to work it into the game later, but am perfectly happy to leave it a mystery for the entirety of the duration.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:07 pm

At least your brain does not tell you that you should change to witch for multiple reasons... So probs ending up as a witch.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Just saw that summoner would let me make a spider eidolon...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Yea. And you can get one that flies!

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:07 pm

I seem to be shifting from Hunter to Ranger (Infiltrator), would the fox still work or should I look at choosing a different animal?

Also, doing a bit of a rewrite for back-story now that I've been messing with her a bit, in theory, it's quick, but I have a tenancy to say that and then it turns very much not quick. Will attempt to get the revision up before the time of selecting people, otherwise, I don't think I have intent to change anything too major...she's still the same person and the same things happen as in first one or, at least as far as I got on first one.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Tea wrote:would the fox still work or should I look at choosing a different animal?
Depends on what the fox says *snicker*
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Tea wrote:I seem to be shifting from Hunter to Ranger (Infiltrator), would the fox still work or should I look at choosing a different animal?

Also, doing a bit of a rewrite for back-story now that I've been messing with her a bit, in theory, it's quick, but I have a tenancy to say that and then it turns very much not quick. Will attempt to get the revision up before the time of selecting people, otherwise, I don't think I have intent to change anything too major...she's still the same person and the same things happen as in first one or, at least as far as I got on first one.
First,
Rangers don't get animal companions until 4th level apparently in Pathfinder...
I consider the Fox to meet the Cat(small) slot so that's fine...
However your going to have a second level Animal Companion when your fifth level because of the age business...
And an infiltrator makes less sense at the moment than a general Hunter based on her background...

Second,
Your current entry was based on your ability to create a character and background that fit...
So you might just want to post your update in a spoiler so I still have the original one to use... ;) (if needed)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Synch wrote:
1. I have changed the realm to just plain Empire. I want him to be someone that everyone once knew but who he is unrecognizable as now. Basically, he was a famous merc who was recruited by the Empire, and subsequently an Imperial war hero of renown, that has either died or vanished.
That end statement in the first paragraph makes less sense now but not a big issue...Also he was recruited to help form the First Imperial Rifles (so saeth the GM so let it be...)
2. Changed Immortals to Dogs of War (although, now I know who the Immortals are, Makita would be the perfect recruit given everyone assumes him dead... its a shame they are evil...)
Actually more than you know...but political considerations would make it rather difficult...not all the Immortals are evil...they just work for people your character really wouldn't like him...people who's war leaders he's killed in battle ;)
3. I left his would-be assassin ambiguous in case you want to work it into the game later, but am perfectly happy to leave it a mystery for the entirety of the duration.
Nah, I've figured out how to get you (and maybe Burns character along with them) into the group...so yeah yea! :confetti:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Quarg; there is a third party feat that boosts the animal companion that's basically made for rangers (...and multi-classing druids, I guess,) if you'd like to look at it. It's pretty strong, but you ARE giving up a feat for it, I guess.
(Eep and I need to break my machine down now to pack it!)

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Quarg wrote:(or not said anything so we'll assume they have wandered away like a kitten with a new toy)
apparently this also works in the other direction, kitten appears to maybe be having too much fun with this toy. Okay catty-tea-whatever-I'm-actually-supposed-to-be-referring-to-myself-as-creature, set back, quit running around after the why-is-this-suddenly-a-laser-pointer, realize that 'wait, maybe that's why I've been trying to find a fitting ranger to use and not finding anything fitting. Yep, I'm an idiot.',...and, I think I'll just go for backtrack to hunter. Kitten, I'm keeping internet and you a safe distance away from each other for a bit.

On a slightly more serious note, I've been overindulging in uses of the edit button, so the version I posted did get a few changes (although, I stopped when I shifted ranger). However, I should still have the original (before I copy/pasted it over) saved. Would you like me to go back and restore it?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Amara,
Thought there would be one...couldn't find it...apparently the search terms crap on this browser...Thanks...
Though the real question is what is the real variation between Hunter and Ranger...(I mean in acutal abilities)

ediT: Yeah, the spells and the 10 or so skill points might be worth the loss of a feat...

Tea,
Eh--yeah you haven't really screwed anything up as I see...though your background (the later half) has a half finished sentence...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Quarg wrote:
Synch wrote:
1. I have changed the realm to just plain Empire. I want him to be someone that everyone once knew but who he is unrecognizable as now. Basically, he was a famous merc who was recruited by the Empire, and subsequently an Imperial war hero of renown, that has either died or vanished.
That end statement in the first paragraph makes less sense now but not a big issue...Also he was recruited to help form the First Imperial Rifles (so saeth the GM so let it be...)
I still think it makes sense. Although a citizen of the Empire, he was on the wrong side of the law and although usually employed by wealthy lords and ladies to kill off people, he occasionally took contracts from freedom fighters, officers who may have wanted to climb the ladder through subterfuge, enemy nations etc. Not often, but enough for the Imperial Army to want to employ him on a permanent basis.

Eg in A song of Fire and Ice, the Second Sons were employed by Yunkai to defend against Danaerys, but then were routed in battle and subsequently employed by her to sack Yunkai. Makita had similar loyalty only to coin, but this is now not the case as he has no desire for wealth or fame anymore.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:15 am

Synch wrote:
I still think it makes sense. Although a citizen of the Empire, he was on the wrong side of the law and although usually employed by wealthy lords and ladies to kill off people, he occasionally took contracts from freedom fighters, officers who may have wanted to climb the ladder through subterfuge, enemy nations etc. Not often, but enough for the Imperial Army to want to employ him on a permanent basis.
Eg in A song of Fire and Ice, the Second Sons were employed by Yunkai to defend against Danaerys, but then were routed in battle and subsequently employed by her to sack Yunkai. Makita had similar loyalty only to coin, but this is now not the case as he has no desire for wealth or fame anymore.[/quote]

I hadn't planned on the Empire being that corrupt. But we'll just have him from one of the more corrupt 'states' of the Empire. (Like Louisiana under Huey Long, or Phenix City in the 1950's...Which was put down by use of the state military)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:37 am

Right now I am trying to determine feats for me and my eildion. I got mounted combat, but asides that I don't have a clue. I thought there was a feat that helps with movement but I cannot seem to find it.

I also have not bought any items. Can my eilidon have any magic items?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:59 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: I thought there was a feat that helps with movement but I cannot seem to find it.
What kind of movement? Base speed, movement in combat?

@Quarg, How would you feel about me buying a Wis boosting headband? There are some combat feats that are only available at Wis 13, but getting there 'naturally' beggars me on point buy since Arg's starting at Wis 8.

If yay/nay is dependent on me justifying it storywise, let me know.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 am

Casting while moving. I found it. It was uncanny concentration. So that is my character down, now I need to find two feats for my monster.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:44 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote: I thought there was a feat that helps with movement but I cannot seem to find it.
What kind of movement? Base speed, movement in combat?

@Quarg, How would you feel about me buying a Wis boosting headband? There are some combat feats that are only available at Wis 13, but getting there 'naturally' beggars me on point buy since Arg's starting at Wis 8.

If yay/nay is dependent on me justifying it storywise, let me know.
I will let you have any directly worn object (on the skin/hair of your character) for 4,000 gp for +2 Wisdom as a XXX-of inspired wisdom...just so you don't have to have a girly headband... ;)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Underclothes of Inspired Wisdom...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler