Thread of Unknown Purpose...OOC for Immortals

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment/Interest Thread for the Immortals

Post by Nerre » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:27 am

How complex are you planning to run this game? Much roleplay, smalltalk? I did just sign up for Willpells game, so another complex D&D might be too much, especially if there would be a need to read a lot on a daily base.
:zzz:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Nerre wrote:How complex are you planning to run this game? Much roleplay, smalltalk? I did just sign up for Willpells game, so another complex D&D might be too much, especially if there would be a need to read a lot on a daily base.
This will focus on the story aspect and character building more than just mechanics...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: where is the link to thuntian goblins at?
http://www.goblinscomic.org
Yeah base your goblins on Thunt's work rather than the description in Pathfinder...Race is either -2 STR, +2 DEX or the standard -2 STR, +4 DEX, -2 CHA depending on the type of tribe your associated with...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Synch wrote:Hmm very good point. I wasn't sure if we would be exclusively in cities or travelling through the wilderness etc, but given you've said its very Venetian-esque then I will go with the Gunslinger or Knife Thrower. How common or uncommon are firearms in your world? If they are near non-existant I'll go with the Knife Thrower.
Quarg, you may have missed my question. Is your world 'blades only' or are there firearms/gunpowder?
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Synch wrote:
Synch wrote:Hmm very good point. I wasn't sure if we would be exclusively in cities or travelling through the wilderness etc, but given you've said its very Venetian-esque then I will go with the Gunslinger or Knife Thrower. How common or uncommon are firearms in your world? If they are near non-existant I'll go with the Knife Thrower.
Quarg, you may have missed my question. Is your world 'blades only' or are there firearms/gunpowder?
Nope, just haven't gotten to answering it yet...Firearms will be allowed but me and Pathfinder have some *Issues* I need to work out...

Edit...Alright second post now has the firearms rules...Firearms are not that rare...but they are quite limited in distribution being primarily items of the governments/nobility and seafarers (mainly because of Pirates)
Last edited by Quarg on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Oh ok, sorry.

If its easier to negotiate Pathfinder I'm quite happy with making a knife thrower.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Synch wrote:Oh ok, sorry.

If its easier to negotiate Pathfinder I'm quite happy with making a knife thrower.
Nah, the big thing was the firearm attributes of matchlock, wheellock, and flintlock (though flintlock is 1610...I'm pushing it forward a bit in this world history)

And now it is finally up...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:27 am

Quarg wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote: where is the link to thuntian goblins at?
http://www.goblinscomic.org
Yeah base your goblins on Thunt's work rather than the description in Pathfinder...Race is either -2 STR, +2 DEX or the standard -2 STR, +4 DEX, -2 CHA depending on the type of tribe your associated with...
Hmm. Well i was asking because i thought it was some homebrew thing and i knew that thint dod not put Nything up

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:01 am

Question on which point buy method.
Is this starting with a base of 8 or 10, and is it on a 1-1 or a scaling ratio?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 am

10 and the cost is the scale provided in the Core Book
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:51 pm

That's fine. It just always pays to double check. C: Lord knows assuming never ends well for me.
I'm packing this weekend, but I will start putting a character sheet together for review. If anyone needs, I can host the blank sheet for people to download, if, like me, it's easier to have a PDF to look at outside of the forum.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Um...I am trying to figure out wether or not I should be a witch or summoner. I went with summoner route because...create your own monster.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:47 pm

I thought he was going to be a Magus...but either is acceptable...
The only thing is your first summoned monster must have been a damn surprise to your warcamp...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Yep. Espessially with a flying snake that can fly! :lol:

...Uh so do we use mystic weavers or what to make our sheets?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Mystic weavers works...
What I need is access to it via the web, I'm not going to get overly pushy about a single format...
(mostly because your base stats are going in a spreadsheet for me to reference also but I need your sheets also...)

As for this flying snake...I think I want details...a flying snake might be okay...or it might break the damn game...
So please discribe your creation Burns...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:12 pm

When I said snake...I should have said snake like. Anyways, being medium size it is probably the size of a boa, or python. It has no venom of it's own, but it still can give a burning sensation. The wings is a cross between bat like and insect like. It has natural (or as natural as these things get) sack like thing on it's back, a kin to a saddle, and atteni-like guiders on it's head, streching back to the sack so that the rider could change direction if desired.

It can also force itself onto other people as a really snug scarf that may choke you to death.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:33 am

[Editing: finished typing back story and making this look a bit more presentable]

Name: Aajej (still have to find her a family name)

Age 150 (or 180) whichever would work better for aging of long-lived races in this world.

Physical Description: A hundred years of sun and wind have darkened her skin to a deep bronze. Her hair is dark brown, bordering, almost, on black. Her eyes are silver. She is slightly shorter (not greater than 1/4 of a head) and stockier than average for an elf, but not enough that she is easily mistaken for a human.

Personality Description: Aajej prides herself on being pragmatic and fiercely loyal. Her upbringing in the often harsh deserts has made her carry a disdain for the ways of more temperate people, viewing them as soft and sheltered. While she doesn't mind people, she is often overwhelmed in large crowds. When not adventuring, she enjoys listening to others tell stories or slipping off to find a quiet place to read.

Race: Elf (I don't see a desert elf subtype, but Arctic Elf seems pretty darn close)

Class: Hunter [animal companion: fennec fox (whom she would like to name Simoom)

Background:

Way Back
► Show Spoiler
Back
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Tea on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 am

Tea,
First, Yea the Arctic Subtype is best...the Arctic is a desert in many places....just one with tones of frozen water...
And no need to remove darkvision...the best time to do much in the desert is at night...

And I'm going to nix the camel period...*shudders* camels and boats...do not get along...
But I will let you take any desert predator and we'll just translate it to it's closest relative on the current list...or a horse...

Burns,
Yeah, at fifth level you can have a flying snake with wings...but I'm going to say you have to spend a good number of evolution points to get it to be able to fly with you and all your gear on it...and then it can't fly very high fully encumbered...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:35 pm

I am not too worried about encomberance, with how small my goblin is. And I spent points on fly AND mount abilities

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Okay, now it's a draw between three canids: jackel, wolf, and fennic fox. (It was close between one of these and the camel anyway.)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Wolf is already stated
Jackel looks to best be represented by the Hyena
Fennic Fox --Small Cat but the claw damage is removed and gets Energy Resistance Fire +2 AC to fire or heat attacks...
(Yeah, the Fennic Fox would get lots of comments by NPCs...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm leaning towards the fox, but it's a little....cute.
maybe I'll just have to test telling everyone it's poisonous and likes to eat people to keep them at bay.

Almost done, editing completion into original post. Then it's wait and see who actually gets picked?

Another question: is the Republic of the Emerald Islands the same nation as the Empire?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Lol...you just had me have an idea about an Urban Ranger concept...

Tea,
Well, I've been debating between six and seven characters....
What I am leaning towards is that my character, who's now a PPC-Psudo-Character Player...is going to interact with yours quite a bit but avoid being in direct contact with some of the people you meet and a good number of the battles... (This game doesn't need to railroad in any way shape or fashion after you all join on the mission...but damn it I want to at least RP with her a bit more!)

So...right now that translates into two open slots and three people showing interest in them...
and only one actually (you) have so far made a real bid...
At some point I need to get Chuck and Nerre to bid or cut bait...(Although I think Nerre has cut bait already)
Likely I will ping them both on Monday about it...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:03 pm

okay apparently mystic weaver does not have pathfinder. I don't know what else to use. Sigh.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Myth weaver does. Just sheets with some maths built in, so you'll still have to build it out mostly manually.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler