Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Party Crashers 13.7.75)

Post by Amara » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:52 am

Seeing that the woman remained unconscious, Jäger stoops to lift her, and nods in agreement to the steward's suggestion.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Party Crashers 13.7.75)

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 am

Quarterdeck
Arg decides to deal with the hobgoblin. He roars and gives the pirate an upper jab followed by a right hook. The sound of the hobgoblin's skull caving in and the spray of brains and blood across the deck leaves no doubt that he's never getting up again.

*Boom*
CreeeeeeechCrackSnap
SPLASH

The mast parts as the shot weakens it too far for it to remain whole. The heavier section goes falling into the water, leaving two pirates haning on to the rattlings for life while a third bobs off in the water. The fourth pirate, a hobgoblin, grimly holds onto the grappling line in his hands, but is finding it difficult as the ferry speeds away.

"Hurrah" screams the crewman who just fired the swivel gun. Rejoicing as the ferry begins to speed away from the pirate ship, now wallowing in the seas with a vast kedge anchor of a former mast.

*Hurrah" yells the remaining crew as they realize the danger from the pirates is gone and they have survived.

The Captain joins in with another loud "Hurrah".

Val'dar gives Arg a slap on the back..."Damn good my man...damn good..." he steps around and levels his gun at the Kitsune's temple. "Surrender seadog or this beast is going to have yah for dinner."
The kitsune stops struggiling and looks back as his ship falls away behind him. "I will surrender to you human, but not the dwarf...I shall never bend my knee to an Enash lover..."
The sound of his swords falling to the deck can be heard by everyone.

Val'dar looks at Dra'kan, "Sorry but I think we need the knowledge in his head, so I owe you a meal..."

A wounded crewman cuts some line from the fallen mast and uses it to begin to tie up the kitsune.

The Captain looks about "Well Merchant, you know how to use a gun, and your fellows are good in a fight...I must thank you for your assistance..."
"Well, I doubted they would have been that warm and friendly to me or my fellows...though we lucked out in having the goblin wind rider with us." Val'dar points at speaks.
"Quite...where is that doctor..."

The steward, who has now shown up and is trying to pull the yard arm off the two crewman replies, "He is dealing with a demonic possession below decks apparently..."

The Captain swears and marches off towards the stern cabin ordering. "Get the wounded untangled and below...and get that carrion off my deck.."

Val'dar interrupts..."Ah Captian, I think we need to search them...for information before we dispose of the bodies..."

The Captian turns back and looks at Val'dar..."I did not take you for an undertaker..."

Val'dar bows slightly, "I learned a great deal from War sir...she is a far more exacting mistress than any workman of the Ferryman."

"Heathcliff...help the merchant here in collecting his intelligence...I'll see what is about with this doctor and his demon..." The steward nods and looks at the yard arm he is slowly moving in his arms.
Val'dar looks at Arg, "See about getting the crew down below Arg. If this seadog tries to break free we'll call you..."

Stern Cabin
The steward nods as Jager picks up the cook and then trots at almost a run up the ladder to the deck above.

Jager quickly moves the cook into the stern cabin and finds that the talkative maid has laid the elf out across the deck. She is wiping the woman's brow with a wet cloth.

The sounds of *Hurrah* begin to be heard from above their heads. "So do you think we won or lost?" the maid asks quietly.

A few minutes later the dwarven Captain limp marches into the stern cabin and looks at Jager.

"Sir...I am informed you believe there is a demon aboard my ship? Where?"
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 am

Arg works to lift the remnants of the mast, yardarm and rigging off the crewmen, and if none are tangled in the lines, levers it over the edge of the ship. If crew are still tangled, he holds it up so 'Kita and the crew can cut them free.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:18 am

Dra'kan continues to hold onto the kitsune, tasting him. Speaks uses detect magic to see if any of the pirates have any magic on them.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri May 01, 2015 5:06 am

Makita frees any crewman still trapped or tangled. He then saunters over to the grapplin hook attached to the boat and quickly cuts the rope loose with a flick of his knife. "Oops..." he exclaims, feigning innocence as he holds his hands up with a grin on his face.
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sat May 02, 2015 1:23 am

"I am presently trying to determine just that." Jäger's voice was flat. "Your stowaway inhabited her, before, and now presently requires...relocation." He gestures to indicate the injured woman, now placed safely aside.

[detecting for evil again.]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue May 05, 2015 11:18 am

Quarterdeck
Two crewmen pick up the large sailor's bleeding body and make their way down to the cabin below before returning for the next.
As Arg discovers that the yard arm is still attached to the top gallent as well as various cables, blocks, etc making tossing the whole thing rather a difficult job. However with Makita cutting out the last sailor, it also might be best. The wounded sailor at the tiller looks at Arg and says, "Might as well just cut them loose and stack them on the deck, we can get a few gold for them parts back in port ya know..."

Makita free's the wounded, unconscious sailor for the two crewman to take below before freeing the hobgoblin to the fates. He looks up with hatred in his eyes.

Heathcliff and Val'dar begin the process of emptying pockets from the dead. They use a small pack one of the goblins was carrying to collect the items together, along with the gold, silver, and markers they seem to be carrying.

Speaks can detect the presence of magical energy across the deck and slowly begins to note that there are a few magical objects now in the small pack. However, what the kitsune is carrying magic is a bit hard to tell since the kitsune captain is giving off his own magical aura. This does not stop Dra'kan from 'tasting' the fox creature to his own regret. Apparently someone forgot to tell Dra'kan that tasting furry creatures induces fur mouth. A condition where the mouth seems to be covered in kitsune fur. "Bah, who's pet is this? I have surrendered I do not need treating me like rock candy!"

Val'dar notices that Dra'kan seems to be contemplating eating the kitsune. "Creature, I need to access his pockets now so if you'd be so good as to release him."
► Show Spoiler
Stern Cabin
A pair of crewman bring in a dying man and lay him down before rushing up to the deck to fetch another.
"Doctor, I have wounded crewmen who will die without proper medical attention, including the one man of my crew with medical training. I will use the resources of my ship to see about finding this evil that is afoot."

The Captian proceeds to walk up to the bar, walk behind it and begins to search for something. "Now where in the hell did Healthcliff put it..." he states outloud.

A second dying crewman is laid at Jager's feet.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Dra'kan spits out the fur. 14
"I am no pet."
"Drakan, if you really want a meal go get the hobgoblin that is in the middle of the sea somewhere."
Dra'kan nods and flies off to get himself a hobgoblin snack.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Arg works on shuttling the injured crew below deck, moving as quickly as possible without aggravating their wounds.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Makita assists Arg with any remaining injured crewmen and getting them below deck.

If the Doctor is struggling to administer to the volume of casualties, Makita will attempt to help stabilise any have escaped the Doctor's attention.
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am

"Very well; please alert me if you find anything related to the demon. We would do well not to give it time to possess another."Jäger's attention turns to the wounded. He will tend to both, prioritizing the one indicated to have medical knowledge.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu May 14, 2015 10:38 am

Quarterdeck
Dra'kan spits out most of the fur but fails to get it all out of his mouth before flying off over the waves to see about getting a hobgoblin snack.
There does appear to be something, or someone near the far shore...though it isn't likely the most recently lost Hobgoblin...

Val'dar and a crewman man handle the kitsune to the mast where they begin to tie him up, and search his pockets. Heathcliff, the steward, watches and takes items from the kitsune and stuffs it into a bag.
Val'dar pulls out a book from the kitsune's inside pocket and opens it to reveal a note. He looks at the note, then at the book and laughs..."A book code...quite fancy but useless if you keep the damn message in the book you furry twit."

The kitsune just scowls at Val'dar as he's tied to the mast.

Stern Cabin
Arg helps carry the last of the wounded. Jager is healing the large crewman, who the captain calls "Braun" while Mikta works on the crewman laying next to him. Arg lies the third crewman next to the other two.

The Captain waves over to Arg. He is wearing a pair of goggles over his eyes. "Your the least banged up of all of us...eh...Arg wasn't it. I'm looking through these things looking for an evil soul or minion of evil...cause the doctor says there is one aboard but I can be damned if I can see it...you were down here with those two..." He points to the two patching up the wounded on the deck
...did that cook touch anyone or anything while you were down here?"
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 14, 2015 11:17 am

"Your the least banged up of all of us...eh...Arg wasn't it. I'm looking through these things looking for an evil soul or minion of evil...cause the doctor says there is one aboard but I can be damned if I can see it...you were down here with those two..." He points to the two patching up the wounded on the deck
...did that cook touch anyone or anything while you were down here?"

Arg slips his battle mask up, letting it rest on top of his head, fangs protruding forward over his heavy brows and frowns in concentration...."Yah, Arg works.... huh... I brought elf down... sumpin might be wrong wit her, she kinda outta it. Uhm, I bring her down, 'Kita says they got undead, I see 'cook' lunge at tall guy. He shoots her inna chest, she screams at other two.." he indicates the two women that had been hiding, "... den rip bolt out and start bleedin' all o'er. So she only touch ship... an da bolt in 'er chest."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu May 14, 2015 2:18 pm

Makita coughs, "Ah, its Marko, Marko Ribero. Kita is a friendly nickname. Everything the orc tells you is correct, I too saw it all with my own eyes. Prior to being shot, she was speaking in an otherworldly voice, and produced a skull which became a reanimated skeleton that we took down. Sounds far-fetched, I know, but you'll find fragments of skeleton all over the main cabin, with some nice bulletholes in the skull I might add," he says with a grin. "I think the poor girl was possessed, but I know little of the occult."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Speaks helps seperate the magic loot from non magic loot as drakan flies back. "i couldnot find him. Maybe sunk."
Speaks then checks to see if the book is magic, and tells the steward if it is.

'So...I doubt you found us on conscience, fox man. So how did you find us?"

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am

[Jäger will try to listen in, naturally. 1d20+10 -> 27]
Surely the foul creature he sensed before couldn't have simply vanished. Tracking it down became the tall doctor's immediate priority, as soon as the crew were stabilized. That he was still (potentially) being scrutinized did concern him, however.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri May 22, 2015 6:52 am

Quarterdeck
Val'dar peruses the letter and the unmagic book for a moment more before chuckling.
As speaks tries to help the steward seperate items, Val'dar shakes his head. "Let's do that down on the bar...I have a few tricks of my own I'd like to apply..."

The Kitsune just growls at Speaks when he asks his question. Val'dar and the steward go below as two crewman reappear and begin to strip the bodies of their clothing and toss them into the sea.

Stern Cabin
The captain nods at both Arg and Marko, "Well that explains why the good doctor appeared to be hiding from our foes above, I thought you were just a tall yellow wind I needed to rid myself of doctor. My appologies." Te he captain hobbles over to the skull and picks it up looking it over with his goggles..." sign of necromancy but no current possession... Marko these undead guardians are known in the isles, people will sell their bodies to necromancers to create animations like these....But this is an expensive item for a mere cook, even from a first family to purchase, where did she get twenty thousand marks?.." He looks down at the cook..."Odd...the woman has some hard nob of residual evil stuck in her stomach..."

Everyone has been successfully stabilized but doing healing, especially on Braun is going to take some time...all three are severely wounded.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 22, 2015 7:56 am

Speaks nods and follows him. When he gets there he asks, "What did you find so amusing about the book?"

Drakan stays above deck, staring down the Kitsune, until he sees the bodies being thrown overboard. "Can I have one?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 am

Arg heads back to the bar cabin, nodding at his employer on his way above deck. If Mr. Val calls him over, he'll halt and see what is required of him.

If not stopped, he'll head up and make sure his pack is still intact. He pours some grog into the cupped palm of his left hand and dips his dragon amulet into it before sauntering over to the captured kitsune.

He pulls the mask down over his face and speaks in a low guttural tone, grinning maniacally, putting his face right in the fox man's.

"Used to have fox cloak. Maybe take YOURS and share meat with snake. Heh-huh.... " , he let's his chuckle and casual threat hang in the air then looks at the kitsune.
"Why you attack man ship? "

If the captive responds, he'll attempt to use Timmy the Dragon to gleam further insights.

(Intimidate +14, Arg trends to play to people's expectations of brutal orcs when it suits his needs.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 25, 2015 4:50 am

Marko winces. "That sounds unpleasant. Is it safe to keep her onboard? I mean, should we... cut... that evil out, or feed her to the fishes or something? Clearly she's some pawn for a greater evil, but what in the Gods could she have wanted with this ship? Something doesn't smell right, and I bathed yesterday."
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sat May 30, 2015 2:24 pm

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Amara wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Normally it would take a couple of turns to get that 'precise' but the floor is speeding up the magic...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:08 pm

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:56 am

(Wee...can't beleive how long a hiatus this wound up with)
Stern Cabin
Val'dar looks at Speaks for a moment. "Whoever this is, was communicating with someone using a book code. Which is almost impossible to break without the book. This poor twit left the message in the book which means we know exactly what his orders would be."
The Kitsune winces at that.

Val'dar nods at Arg but issues no orders as he climbs down into the stern cabin and begins to lay out objects across the surface of the bar. "Now then we'll just divide these back out by each individual might help us to understand where these buggers have been before showing up here..."

The Captain looks down with the pair of goggles over his eyes. "Eh, I'm not sure there...I'm inclined to throw her off but then again it isn't active black like evil would normally be. More like damn...do either of you speak elvish cause I think I could explain in that but not common...What do you say Doctor?"

To the Doctor's eyes which are adjusting back to having a full complement of the detect evil spell there is obviously some small, grayish object that seems to scream 'dead evil' and it appears to be lodged in the woman's stomach. It might be attached to the lining but an emetic might dislodge it...along with a hell of a lot of else.

Quarterdeck
Arg's backpack which is on the main deck is fine...no one has had any time to pilfer it or damage it.

Arg decides to question the Kitsune by attempting to frighten him. Which he does but then the Kitsune are a race that tend to view Orcs more like annoyingly large pigs. (Actually the Kitsune word for Orc is directly translated as Footed Pig so +14 vanishes into the ancient racial arrogance of the Kitsune...)

"Used to have fox cloak. Maybe take YOURS and share meat with snake. Heh-huh.... "
"You wear a Kitsune cloak and every one of my race will try to slay you...." (The dragon gives a sign that yeah, that is true...Kitsune are not know for being tolerant of Orcs, humans, or elves taking pelts even if justified in killing a member of their race.)

"Why you attack man ship? "
"Because I wanted the gold this damn dwarf is carrying that's why..." (roll for motive check)

The two crewman look at the large flying snake for a moment and then at the bodies. "If you want one take it up to the head...there beyond the bow and eat him there...don't want to get sick watching you gobble down an Orc." Says the crewman on the tiller. The others nodded at let Drakkan have his pick of the bodies.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:44 am

"Can I see it without the code? That would be a fun challenge!"

Speaks hums a bit. "I don't know elvish but I am pretty good with languages."
29 i have halfling. And two draconic apparently. Will need to change one to aquan if i remember.

-----
Dra'kan picks a meaty non orc from the pirate ship and flies to the kitsune with it and slowly eats it in front of him.