Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Boating Round 6)

Post by Amara » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:14 am

► Show Spoiler
The unexpected brightness gave Jäger pause. He squinted behind the lenses and blinked a few times, before trying to make sense of what he was seeing. The slight shake of his head was reflexive; he knew it would do no good against anything magic or supernatural. [Spellcraft to figure out what's amplifying things / how it's working -> 1d20+6 [26] ]
At least things seemed calmer once more. He tried to relax with that in mind, hesitating again when he noticed he'd drawn attention to himself.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:47 pm

"An Ascendathlon clause eh?" Makita reaches into a bandolier pocket and pulls out his contract. "I presume this applies to me as well then?"
He has a quick read of it. "So essentially, some House could sign me as a gladiator of sorts to fight in their name? Well, I may be a mercenary and gun for hire through and through, but this is something else!"

Shaking his head, he figures this information might go down easier with some whiskey, and tops up a glass.
"To old comrades," he replies to Val'dar, giving a tip of his hat to the merchant and orc before downing his drink.
► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:51 pm

"Ah essa tiri amrun yalmena" <Also bright morning to you, travler>, Aajej returns the greeting and walks over to take the indicated seat. He seems friendly, but just in case 1d20+0=3.

Simoom glances around excitedly and attempts to investigate...everything. But, for starters,
He hasn't spent a lot of time on boats, so where are all these creaking noises coming from? 1d20+8=14
Meaty things smell better than the whatever tidbits Aajej gave him for breakfast, unless it's fishy, meaty things which he's not particularly partial to... 1d20+8=10
Worrisome smoke, it does have that tendency to be near fires which are even more worrisome 1d20+8=11

((and Simoom and Aajej, another two in the not evil camp))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:36 pm

The Education of Speaks
"Why so jumpy at that word? Surely you could benefit from it as well to sell your wares nearby.

ÔÇ£I am not that kind of merchant, I donÔÇÖt sell wares to the masses off a cart. I deal in buying what people donÔÇÖt think they need, and then selling it to those who do.ÔÇØ ValÔÇÖdar replies.
"Are you suggesting that someone, such as yourself would offer me more? And what of the current contract?"

Well not to be a barker, you are getting paid damn well for that job. But your friend there can flynot a bad trick all done and told, but how fast and how much you and your fellow can carry would determine your value to someone like me Valdar sips his whiskey.

And contract law in the Republic is a damn b*** actually. Just ask Arg here, he lucked out of not getting thrown on a damn chain gang. But if you were fast and strong enough, hell I know someone who might hire you for a bit moreand pay a lot more if they decide to hold the games
"I presume this applies to me as well then?"
"So essentially, some House could sign me as a gladiator of sorts to fight in their name? Well, I may be a mercenary and gun for hire through and through, but this is something else!"
Valdar turns to Makita and blinks. You got the same damn contract? Aw hell no He looks down at his glass mumbles to himself for a moment, then looks back up at Makita. You got the short of itthough hopefully yours isnt as stingy as the Goblins. But Im going to have to buy it out damn it

ValÔÇÖdar looks at the goblin and then Makita.

Hey ersorry didnt catch your name He addresses Speaks or yours he addresses the construct. Name is Valdar but most people around here call me Mr. Val. If you want a chance at a better contract, well how about we go topside and you can show me how well you can fly?
He looks at Makita, You might want to get some fresh air too His eyes point back at the tall man sitting behind you.

Jager

Well, thinking about the problem the most likely conclusion is that one of the roomÔÇÖs enhancements from the floor likely gives an vision bonus to whoever is using it. You have apparently hijacked into it, which says that it was likely made for other Inquisitors. And white Kitsune Inquisitors most likely.
And your staring has garnered the attention of the steward again as well as the Orc.
Something dark flirts through the very edge of your vision. (Roll to see if you get a spot before it vanishes)

Aajej
The dwarf carries on in elvish as though it were first nature to him. <Yes, please be seated. My name is> Tork Boldamber of the Seven Mountains Clan < and I am sea leader of this craft>.
He lets her introduce herself before nodding, and continuing <It is just rare for us to have visitors of the blood upon the island> He points towards the small distant speck of land off the bow.

Simoom discovers that many of the ropes that go up from the sides of the boat to the masts are under strain and are creaking. No one except Simoom seems to mind them so maybe it isn't a problem.
The meat smell and the smoke smell are apparently coming from the same place. There is a small pipe rising out near the first mast of the boat and both smells can be made out. Obviously someone is cooking meat somewhere below the deck at the front of the ship.

As Simoom investigates the head of an older woman appears from a ships ladder and up onto the deck. She smells like she swam in bay rum ointment. (This is the same passenger who was bugging Jager earlier)

OOC: I am traveling this weekend (intentionally) and will likely not get a chance to update past Wednesday.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm

ÔÇ£And contract law in the Republic is a damn b*** actually. Just ask Arg here, he lucked out of not getting thrown on a damn chain gang.
At the mention of his name, Arg shrugs and tips back a bit more of the whiskey. If the other three move to head topside, he'll advance up the ladder last, keeping some of his attention on the tall shady character peering about the cabin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:14 pm

"My name is Speaks Gibberish but you can call me Speaks."
"Yes! Lets fly!" dra'kann and speaks goes outside, speKs in the saddle as they fly, going slow at first but then pick up speed, and they start doing some airborne tricks. Ride: 20

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:25 pm

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:10 pm

► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Makita stands and returns the gaze of the unsual tall man looking staring at him. Old Makita might have used a bit of charm or bravado to confront the man and catch him off-guard whilst still appearing non-threatening, but Makita thought that well past him now, and would probably just end up as confrontation and bluster. Bad enough that he had already been recognised once this trip, (although he was glad it was Val'dar), he decided to err on the side of caution to maintain his low profile and make sure it didn't happen again.
As the tall man's gaze was diverted by the movements of someone else, possibly the woman in second class, Makita makes the most of the distraction and slips up the ladder ahead of the orc.
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:55 pm

► Show Spoiler
...her? That had Jäger wary immediately. He sipped at the cold remnants of his tea again, though it was more reflexive than anything by this point. He wouldn't have taken her to be magically gifted; that told him quickly that she wasn't who she was pretending to be.
So why the act?

The other guests were leaving, now. He watched absently out of what peripheral vision the dark glasses afforded him. While fresh air seemed preferable (though it came with unpleasant bright light,) he didn't fancy cracking his skull on any other low barriers that evening.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:34 am

► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:56 pm

"Aajej Duvenien," the elf simply states, using the name she'd been going by since leaving her clan, before letting Tork continue. She does not seem impressed by either his command of the vessel or elven tongues, and as she waits to see if his next sentence has anything to do with why he wanted to speak to her, she sips at her coffee. She waits for him to pause long enough for her to politely interject. "<You wanted a word?>" As more people begin to come up on deck, she glances over.

Simoom, meanwhile, goes over to the redhead and sees if he can smell anything on her besides her oil bath. 1d20+8=19

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:23 am

Topside, Main Deck
The red haired, second class passenger moves quietly over to the port side of the bow. She then looks out across the sea but keeps her other hand close to her and out of sight of everyone else on deck.
(If you want to try, it is a spot check for everyone but Simoom)
► Show Spoiler
Speaks
Valdar unhooks a large pully attached to the forward mast and then pulls out a small book. He waves over Speaks. Alright, the best possible price for your skills at the moment is as a courier, so here is some weight He hands over the large pullyAnd a recipt book he hands over the small book. Now thentake these over to that small island He points to a small island towards the southeast, it looks more like a small green hill rising out of the blue green water than a real island. On the south side you will find a small village with a dock, at the end of the dock is the customs office. Get a stamp from the customs officer in the book and come back. Well discuss terms when you get backwith the pully
When Speaks finally launches off ValÔÇÖdar turns and says ÔÇ£If you would be so kind as to mark the time CaptianÔÇØ he hells down to the quarter deck.
Makita and Arg
After that he looks about and waves Makita to stand close, and Arg to keep the others away. He then whispers to to Makita,
► Show Spoiler
Quarterdeck, Aajej
<Ah, only to make a polite inquiry as to the length of your stay > The captain states before being asked to check the time. He stands up and goes over to a small desk before the tiller and looks at an hour glass. He shouts out five minutes to eight bells and then sits down again. <Yes you see not many of the Blood willingly come out to the island, so your presence is a rarityAlso my wife is Consul here for the Northern King and I would be remiss in not offer you her assistance if it were to be needed.>
Stern Cabin, Jager
The steward wipes down the bar now that the cabin is empty except for Jager.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Boating Round 8)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:32 am

"Alright buddy, let's ride!" Speaks secures the pully on Dra'kan and puts the letter in his bag and starts flying off to the island.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 am

Arg nods at Mr. Val and turns to stand with his employer and Makita behind him, and crosses his meaty forearms. He fixes his best "don't even think about coming over here" look on his face and scowls at anyone who looks in their direction.

[[If anyone were to approach and attempt to bother the two in conversation, he'll growl at the intruder and crack the knuckles of his massive fists (Intimidate check +14).]]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:44 pm

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Makita leans on the handrail, watching the water ripple and crawl below, and lets out a deep sigh. Yes Death, you found me again. Looks like I'm back on board.
"Well I had hoped on maintaining a low profile, I still don't know if someone is still out to kill me or not, but I suppose I can't keep running forever. And look how easy it was for you to spot my handsome mug!" He smiles, the sarcasm showing he knows all too well his hawkish good looks have long since been replaced with ugly scarring and the loss of an eye. He drops his smile, looking sombre. "Just bear in mind I'm a shadow of who I used to be. But if anyone is gonna buy my contract out for this Ascendalthlon clause, I'd rather it be you, Val'dar."

He turns to face the man and extends a hand to shake. "Well, consider me hired..." Makita leaves a pregnant pause, hoping Val'dar will finish his sentence with whatever rank he now holds.
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 pm

► Show Spoiler
Jäger's growing suspicions keep him from being able to sit calmly. He drains what is left in his cup--little more than dregs, now--and rises after setting it down as gently and quietly as he can manage. Having already smacking his skull against low-lying architecture at least twice that day already, he adopts a familiar hunched posture while navigating his way toward the ladder.
Last edited by Amara on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:55 pm

"<Ah, I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I have business on the island>" she pauses taking a moment to think over her next words "<but I don't know how long it will be before I am done and, if I can avoid it, I would rather not let anyone else get caught up in it, however kind in offering.>" Odd, she thought searching her memory for anything that would make the islands particularly unsavory to her people (or elves in general) [Knowledge:Geography 19+8=27 (linkable die roller not cooperating this evening, so I borrowed one of the other ones. I can re-roll when it comes back to working if needed.] "<Although, I first seek the Emperor's Ambassador and I hear that all does not go well for him, perhaps it is something she can assist on and we can come to an arrangement?>"

Simoom will attempt to sneak closer to the redhead to try to find out what she's holding (if anything, since he doesn't actually know if she is holding something and just thinks that she might be). It might be edible. [Stealth 7+4=11, Perception 5+8=13]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:54 am

The Great Straits

DraÔÇÖkan flies across the choppy waves of the Great Straits. The island in the distance becomes lightly larger (1/6 turns to the island). As the distance passes, a small flash of light can be seen from the small white stub near the top of the island.

Topside Main Deck
Simoom quietly sneaks up on the woman. She is moving whatever is in her hand back and forth slightly then stops. A moment later the woman nods to herself and pockets what was in her hand. It was a small concave mirror, not anything to eat.

Makita
Valdar laughs a bit at the sarcasm. You may now be an ugly mug but a memorable one He states. EhLets just leave it as Mister Valdar, Eh He shakes Makitas hand. After all youll likely be working right for the He stopsand a nasty smile is on his face...Boss directly, and keeping a low profile

Arg
A crew member emerges from the forecastle of the ship. He is a rather large human, he walks over to Arg and gives him a once over. Youd a fighter? He asks in a rather odd accent

Topside, Quarter Deck
<Ah, well the Imperial Ambassador has taken one of the more remote summer houses out on the island> Tork comments. <I would suggest you set up an appointment with him before trying to go out there.> He then points to the group standing amidships, <I know the merchant over there served the Emperor in the last war. Several times I have seen Imperial sailors buy him drinks to hear him tell tales of the war. He has likely cultivated friendships within the embassy staff himself. He might be able to provide some assistance in getting an appointment.>
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Stern Cabin, Jager
As Jager makes his way to the ladder, he can look down into the forward cabin and sees only the two woman talking. The red haired one he was accosted by seems to have gone up a ladder at the far side of the ship going starboard (right) while the stern cabin ladder goes up to the port (left) side of the ship.
Last edited by Quarg on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:08 am

"Ya, fighter when pits are open. Working for him now.", he uncrosses his arms long enough to jerk a thumb back at Mr. Val.

"Pays me to crunch nosy people.", Arg grins meaningfully.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Boating Round 9)

Post by Amara » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:36 am

[Stealth -> 1d20+8 = [22]
Jäger Will try to find a way of getting closer to where he believes her to be without trying to draw attention to himself; watching from afar is fine, and he doesn't wish to cause suspicion, so going for silent movement rather than obvious sneaking with that roll. If she is positioned so as to be directly adjacent to the starboard side's ladder, he will still take the ladder nearer him and approach that way; if she is sufficiently far from the other ladder, he will head for it instead.
(Unless ruled otherwise) Since detecting alignment does not require an action for inquisitors and only continued concentration, detect evil will be maintained in an effort to track movements.]
Last edited by Amara on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 am

Makita raises his one eyebrow, clearly taken by surprise at Val'dar's mention of a Boss.

"Boss? I assumed that would be you, Mister Val'dar," he says with emphasis on the 'Mister'. "Who's the big cheese?"
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:16 am

Not sure if you want me to post but speaks just keeps flying.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Not sure if you want me to post but speaks just keeps flying.
Well you do have a chance to respond so yes...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr