Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Boating Round 9)

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 pm

missing a response from tea...I may just skip her this update
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:06 pm

► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:29 am

Aajej just nods politely and glances across the deck at the other passengers. The merchant in question appears to be deep in conversation with another of the passengers already. Perhaps better to wait to before attempting to approach him, she decides, you have given away some already, but to act too eager, it would be like walking barefoot into a nest of vipers and politely asking them not to bite, far better to keep feet and tread softly, she thinks, turning back to the dwarf. "<I thank you for the information, traveler.>" But, are the vipers mine for sending me into this nest, or yours?

Simoom isn't interested in mirrors and turns his attention to relocating the small, furry thing as he starts making his way back across the deck. _: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Maindeck Bow

Simmom ignores the woman and begins to sniff out the furry creature. There is a hole in the deck where a thick rope runs down. The smell of rodent comes up from it but Simmom canÔÇÖt go down because his head is too big to fit.

Maindeck, Starboard

Makita
Valdar looks about. Normally, Id say but with things the way they arewell Ill tell you but somehow I dont think they would find it right for me to bally their name about. He steps over to the side and looks out, But dont worry, they are damn straight shooteralthough not with a pistol like you

Arg
Id be a challenge for ya big guybut I ant looking to pick a fightmore like settle a betYou did fight in the arena this last season right?

Jager
► Show Spoiler
He found the woman easily; she was standing near the bow looking out to the east. The telltale sign of evil wrapping around her like a cloak. No more heightened senses here either. Whatever magic had mixed with his down below was not in effect on deck.

The woman moved away from the rail and towards a short black pipe rising near the forward mast.

Quarterdeck, Aajej
<On behalf of my wifes father I take thanks> He pauses as he watches a man emerge from below decks. I wonder what that doctor is doing heading out here he absently minded states in common.
When she falls silent he waits a moment and then says, <May you enjoy the voyageand may you find your path easy and shaded> before standing and moving over to the man at the tiller.

The Great Straits, Speaks
The sea continues to rush by the goblin and his mount, and the island grows bigger. Now the walls and roofs of houses dotting the island can be made out as white hiding among the green of the island. On the distant tower there seems to be now a few streaks of black from somewhere.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm

"Yah... Sorta.", Arg says with a scowl. "Silly rules down here."

(I'm suspicious, amulet giving me anything? I feel like he's gonna be a dick about Arg's failed match...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Speaks looks at the black streaks trying to figure them out, but just let drakan fly about.

...i really have no idea what i am supposed to react to

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Makita looks straight at Val'dar for a while before speaking. "Well normally I would not do business with someone I don't know, but I trust you Val'dar."

He turns back to look out over the water, flicking a card through his fingers before speaking in a very quiet tone. "So when would we begin? As I said I've got this contract at the Opera that I mean to see out, but is there any way you can use that to your advantage? I mean, reconnaissance, assassination..."
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm

OOC:
Burns your now a 1/3 of the way there...and there are actions occurring you can only glimpse...
Sorry but that is just how the timing on this works out though your about to start to see more and more as it unwinds...
(I forgot to post 2/6 turns to get to the island)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Boating Round 10)

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:16 am

Bump we are missing two at the moment...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:45 pm

► Show Spoiler
She wasn't doing anything... yet, but Jäger was intent on keeping an eye on her. He continued to track her movements as discretely as possible. The need to stretch and get blood flowing through his limbs again after sitting down was hardly faked.

[Having located her, switching over to detect magic? Watching her, still. Anything unusual about the pipe, and do I need to roll another perception?]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 pm

(sorry missed you editing that post...)

Update pending...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Main Deck
The cook seems to lean against the mast for a moment and then rises. She drops something from her pocket down the smoke stack rising from the deck before making her way back to the forward ladder down into the main passenger cabin.
Jager
Only Jager sees her, though as he studies her with detect magic he sees indications of magic all around her for some reason.

Makita
Val'dar shakes his head, "I doubt they will have more than one performance this week...all hell is about to break loose..."

Arg
The large sailor laughs..."Well it looks like someone just lost a damn easy bet. There aren't many Orcs around here who aren't wearing the damn crest of that Orc King in the north..."(1)

All, but Speaks
The small amount of smoke rising out of the forward smoke stac has been quietly increasing more and more, increasing exponentially in both amount and density. Smoke begins to rise from other places and coughing can be heard. Someone shouts 'fire' and all eyes go toward the bow that is now engulphed in thick, grey smoke.

Captain Tork yells out ' man the hoses...' get the men out of there!" He lets the two crew members on deck run over to a small contraption on deck. The large one rolls out a white tube while the smaller man attempts to move a tall handle back and forth only a small trickle of water emerges from the end of the white hose.

Val'dar turns and looks at the smoke, "Arg see what help you can be...." before jumping over to the crewman on the tall handle and begins to help the man move it. The water flow increases dramatically. The sailor grips the end and moves into the smoke.

A moment later, the sound of glass breaking can be heard and the smoke begins to concentrate into two geyser's rising from a small skylight near the bow and the stove pipe. The sound of people coughing and yelling for help can be made out from the skylight where the large sailor is letting the spray of water down into the forecastle.

The red headed cook just continues on down below deck ignoring the chaos completely.

Speaks
As they fly towards the island, a ship appears. It has square sails that are all billowing out. Actually the boat is flying through the water, and moving faster than Speak's minion can fly burned through the air. As the ship approaches, Speaks can see the deck of the ship where there are many sailors, many carrying axes, cutlasses, and pikes swarming aboard.

And they keep on pointing back at the ferry...which now has a massive plume of grey smoke rising from the bow.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Smoke! 11)

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:37 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:43 pm

What are the possible points of entry for Arg to go charging in? Just the skylight? Ah, screw it... he's going in. :wgrin:

Arg slings his pack to the deck in the direction of where Mr. Val and Makita were having their conversation, sprinting towards the skylight "GET OUTTA THE WAY, I'M COMING IN!", he bellows before crashing through the skylight. [Acrobatics +5]

He hopefully doesn't land on anyone or hurt himself in the process, and looks around in the room below [Perception +8], peering through the smoke [Fortitude +5].
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Makita was looking in the right direction so give me a perception check...

There is a hatch on the starboard side near the bow you could enter, (there is also a hatch from the main passenger cabin but it is a 'hidden' hatch* not really hidden but it blends in with the bulkhead...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:54 pm

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:01 pm

You are 90% sure she did some slight of hand about that stove pipe...which you were not expecting as you paid no notice of the woman at all before hand and you were talking to Val'dar when she did it...so you can't describe what she put in...(aka, you had a lot going against you seeing much of anything...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:17 pm

"Dra'kan? Cancel the curior trip. It's time to save the ship."
Speaks quickly steers Dra'kan to the burning ship

Question, which element is closer to water acid or cold? Cause i have an idea to extinguish the fire.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:48 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"Dra'kan? Cancel the curior trip. It's time to save the ship."
Speaks quickly steers Dra'kan to the burning ship

Question, which element is closer to water acid or cold? Cause i have an idea to extinguish the fire.
Water can be acidic...but seawater tends to be basic (Ph 7.8 to 8.4)

Cold is the absence of the movement of molecules...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:03 am

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:20 am

Amara wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Warning!: Quarg NPC are known to jump to conclusions, make false statements, lie for their own benifit, and generally be unreliable at times...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Did she just...

Makita thinks about yelling after the cook, and if she bolts it will cement her guilt, but decides he might gather more information or have a better chance of stopping her if he follows and tries to get the drop on her. He tails her using Stealth, trying to make ground using the smoke as cover but still keep a distance so as not to be easily spotted.
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:00 am

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:19 am

Amara wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Synch...How the hell are you thinking your going to sneak around a crowded ship's deck in the mid morning? I'd give that a 30 difficulty at least...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:23 am

*doesnt see ooc thread* okay it really depends how he's sneaking about. He could be hiding in plain sight by acting like a freaked out passenger, but would probably be mre of lines of a bluff check.