Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Smoke! 11)

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Quarg wrote: Synch...How the hell are you thinking your going to sneak around a crowded ship's deck in the mid morning? I'd give that a 30 difficulty at least...
I'm not trying to be invisible to everyone, only trying to stay out of sight of her. Ever lost sight of someone in a crowd? Its pretty easy. I think if I'm tailing her but hiding in crowds of panicked people and with the air thick with smoke, it shouldn't be difficult at all.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Synch wrote:
Quarg wrote: Synch...How the hell are you thinking your going to sneak around a crowded ship's deck in the mid morning? I'd give that a 30 difficulty at least...
I'm not trying to be invisible to everyone, only trying to stay out of sight of her. Ever lost sight of someone in a crowd? Its pretty easy. I think if I'm tailing her but hiding in crowds of panicked people and with the air thick with smoke, it shouldn't be difficult at all.
OOC: Your GM did not understand this... ;) glad we had the clarification
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:22 pm

Realizing he may not have much time to act, Jäger's attention remains locked on the volatile mess and he quickly[produces water] in an attempt to extinguish it with a hurried gesture and mumbled phrase. Only then does this attention fully return to the troublesome female saboteur. He fixes her with a [scowl that could curdle fresh milk.]
[Sense motive to root out lies ahead of time 1d20+13 -> 18+2 =20]
"Why? And did you really think you wouldn't be noticed?"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Main Deck
Arg moves quickly and does a stunning dive strait down through the decklight into the forecastle. Arg hits something semi-solid with his elbows now in the narrow opening, but whatever it is gives way and he feels it suddenly shift underneath him slanting towards the stern. He drops onto the sloping surface with his boots hitting something obviously very warm but solid. All the while, he is being showed by the seawater from the hose being held by the sailor. The whole cabin is a mass of smoke and he can hear coughing and curses from around him. However he can see nothing...

Mitka moves quickly across the roof of the main cabin as he does so he's almost run down by the quickly moving figure of..

Jager who steps up to the black smoke stack and casts water down it....

Causing a mini tidal wave of water to slam into the cook stove at Arg's feet. Warm cold ashes go flooding over his pants as cold bilge water rains down from above...but the smoke quickly begins to disapate...showing men and a few half elves all coughing and staggering around the deck or stuck in their berths along the bulkheads of the triangular space. Arg has apparently crashed into the middle of their table...

Jager finds himself standing next to a very scared man, Jager is looking down the ladder into the main passenger cabin while Makita stands slightly off to the side trying to keep his bearing on the woman now down and below him without her noticing him. Jager makes a threatening remark as he judges the creature looking back up at him
"Why? And did you really think you wouldn't be noticed?"

"Why do you think it matters?" The woman replies with a voice quite obviously not feminine or even perhaps human.
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Trechery! 12)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Sputtering the water out of his face and running his hand over his face to clear the water, Arg grins at the humans and half humans he nearly landed on. He kicks off the table, and slogs through the water and wet debris to the nearest door.

"Follow me!", he barks in a tone that doesn't leave room for disagreement.

Assuming the door/hatch is jammed, as none of them succeeded in getting out, he pulls back his arms and slams his open palms against the door/hatch.

[Trying for a break/burst attempt, rather than dealing damage to the door, which requires a Strength check, rather than attempting to deal damage... he'll resort to that if this fails.]

Arg, door busting: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20

For your convenience:

Strength Check to: DC
Break down simple door 13
Break down good door 18

Break down strong door 23
Break down barred door 25
Break down iron door 28
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Speaks goes to the burning Ferry he quickly unties the weigt on Dra'kan, making sure that Drakan lands before he takes it off.
"Dra'kan, come. We must see if we can find anybody trapped." Speaks quickly browses the rooms, reliying on Drakan to find anybody that is stuck.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:13 pm

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Well thats as good as a confession. Thought she was up to something.
Makita uses the diversion the tall man has created to sneak down to the stern cabin at the rear of the boat then make his way amid the chaos to be in the same area as the woman.
Stealth check: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:14 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Requested checks:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:25 pm

► Show Spoiler
A Lovely Day turned Bloody
As Speaks speeds on before the boat, there is a guttural sound in the wind and a

*Bang*

Speaks looks back to see a puff of smoke from the boat where a hobgoblin seems to have taken a potshot at him. An Orc stands there screaming at the hobgoblin. Speaks drops the weight on the bow of the deck, but the front of the deck shifts away from them as the boat changes course dramatically.

*Bang*

There is a second shot and a bullet smacks into the ship rail only a few inches from the back of the helmsman. Aajej jumps and grabs the helmsman, pulling him down and towards her, the ferry suddenly shifts course dramatically and the deck leans to the side.

Makita finds himself staggering a moment, but then continues to move to the ladder down to the stern cabin as he sneaks around to get at the woman in the main cabin from behind. However the sound of even more shots fills the air getting his attention.

*BangBangBang*

The helmsman jerks twice as musket balls find their target, but the man holds on to the tiller.
The large man on deck screams down into the forecastle through the broken skylight.
Pirates, weve gone to starboardget your guns or get your lines now!

The dwarven captain has turned to look across the stern of his ship and is now ringing the bell at full tilt.
Get out the swivelsraise the damn battle flag! The bastards must have a water witch whos cast slipstream on their bows

Below, a few of the crewman here the call and suddenly jump in front of Arg whoÔÇÖs trying to adjust to having to almost bend over at the middle to move around without smacking his head. Before Arg can slam himself into the hatchway, they smack a red handle on the hatch and throw it open. Two coughing crewmen scramble around him and out onto the deck above while the others push at him from behind. Arg emerges on deck to see the two crewman grabbing lines and hauling away with the large man, as the forward sail and boom swings around.

*BangBangBang*

Another three shots call out from behind the ship, but only the sound of bullets flying overhead can be heard.
Jager holds himself against the ladder as the ship tilts, and avoids the boom as it sweeps over his head. The woman in the cabin below, showing signs of some kind of evil inhabitant, falls down across the deck below and into a hard set of benches below. She just cackles I see my employer has arrived

Two crewman behind Arg finally push past him, and run to the stern. They then fling back the tops of the benches along the sides of the quarterdeck and pull out two small, stubby breech loading cannon. Black and ominous, moving them towards the stern rail.

ValÔÇÖdar yells to Arg,
Damn it, see if you can help these sailors trim those sailsdo what the big one tells you
as he runs aft. He jumps over MakitaÔÇÖs head to assist in setting up the small cannon.

Excuse me but you are in the damn way
calls a voice to Makita. The steward stands at the bottom of the ladder. His eyes seem to glint with malice and glee, as though he loved the idea of the upcoming fight. He stands there with a massive axe covered in runes in one hand and five cartridge bags in the other. Across his back is and a massive quiver filled with apparently four gunstocks and the tip of a bow.

The helmsman hands Aajej the tiller and stumbles over to one of the bench-trunks and pulls out a small round bundle. He attaches it to a rope running up the top of the rear mast and hauls on it. Suddenly a green flag, with a blood red dragon holding a silver moon in its front claws, begins to fly.

There is a sudden feeling of strength and will among all aboard when they look at the captain.
On the attacking vessel a black flag, with a skeleton holding a heart and an hourglass begins to ascend to the top of the rear mast.

By the Five GodsBorcat? Who gave that slimy twit a boat again?
the captain swears out loud.
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Arg tries to recall his past experiences dealing with marksmen and their loud weaponry, the main thing is not to be a target... which can be difficult when you're usually the biggest target around. Anyway, he moves across the deck, keeping his head down as best he can while dashing to the large crewman.

"How do I help?", he bellows above the din of chaos and shooting.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Pirates! 13)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:48 am

Speaks casts mage armour on Dra'kan

"Any suggestions as to what I can do?"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Speaks casts mage armour on Dra'kan

"Any suggestions as to what I can do?"
The crewman turns and stares at you for a moment...See if you can slow them down somehow...knock off one of their sails...or screw with their rudder...throw something anchored off them into the water..."

He turns back continues to pull on the rope.

Arg

"I need help getting the mizzen sail in place..."yells the large man and waves you forward as he rushes away down the side of the ship towards the quarterdeck.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:30 pm

"Oh I have a better idea. Sailors, give me the heaviest things you can find and load it up on drakan! Drakan, I want you to hold onto the weight we had earlier. They do not have air support and we have not really done water much. So lets bombard them." As the sailors get weights, Speaks casts ant haul on Dra'kan tripling his carrying capacity.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:33 pm

Arg, having no clue which sail is missing, dashes where directed and awaits further orders from the big man, or relays the instructions to whatever sailors are there.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:08 pm

"You're in MY way! The culprit of this fire is in the main cabin! Follow me and have at her!"

Makita leaps over the head of the steward and ducks into a roll, before dashing down the stairs into the main cabin. He pulls up 30 feet away from the prone woman, quickly draws both pistols and points them at her.

"Stop where you are Madam. You've done more than enough so far."
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Pirate Battle Round 0.5!
The sky seems to open up with eight javalins flying from the pirate vessel at those on the quarter deck. Almost all seem to do a fairly poor imitation and only hit the windows of the cabin below, but one takes a dead aim hit upon the elf at the helm and she grunts as it glances off of her shoulder.

Arg and the large sailor arrive and he directs you to grab a rope and pull on it. The mass of boom and canvas is quite heavy but the two of you quickly move it into a better alignment to the wind, making the ferry seem to pick up speed. A set of rocks also hits the deck and two slam into the elf. She grunts off the pain but one of the crewmen also grab on.

The dwarven captain yells a guttural cry and grabs one of the swivel guns putting it into place on the ship's sternplate. One of the crewman loads a canister into the gun.

Main Deck
Forward, the crewman looks at Speaks as he casts Mage Armor on Dra'kan. "Most everything heavy is in the hold and we don't have time to get in there..." He then looks at the bow "Here take the chase anchor and see what you can do with that..." Two crewmen now move to the forecastle and begin to maneuver a large, black iron anchor out of its resting place and on to the deck.

Stern Cabin
As Makita begins to jump over the steward, the steward seems to move sideways and around him. Makita finds after is roll that the only occupant of the stern cabin is a javelin pointing out of the floor after breaking through one of the stern windows.
As he moves forward through the main cabin, he passes two women passengers huddling together hiding between two of the benches. Makita's target is lying in a pile at the bench from the other side of the ladder where we last saw her. He sees the woman and draws both his pistols and commands,

"Stop where you are Madam. You've done more than enough so far."

"And what are you doing to do with those...shoot a little unarmed woman? When there is a big mean nasty for you to kill..."
A small ball rolls out across the deck from the woman and turns into a boiling, withering mass that rises to the height of a man.
It jells into a human skeleton carrying a rather nasty looking boarding ax.

"I'll just wait here till you are done..."
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:14 pm

"That is perfect!" Speaks casts ant haul on drakan. "now pick up that weight and soar upward!" drakan picks up the anchor and flies 25' up.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
[Editing this with an attack roll, then. Jäger will move to position himself within quicker distance of Makita (enough to move within 1 turn and cast if possible,) while keeping a good line of sight of the undead. 1d20+5+1 = 14 ...and misses]
Jäger's lips curled in a sneer at the sight of the creature. Oh, he recognized the thing alright. "Following me even here? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. And what poor bastard did you used to be, I wonder?"
He took aim and--

--still off balance from the sudden jerk of the vessel beneath him, missed. The tall man swore under his breath. Reloading would take time, and this monstrosity would have to be finished off quickly or it would be hell putting it down. Whoever's corpse had been taken deserved that much, at least. And there was also still the woman to deal with...
His voice rose so that (he hoped) the gunslinger could hear him, "Oh, she deserves plenty, but I believe you could put that firearm to better use here!"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:24 am

Makita recoils as a skeleton rises in front of him.

But responds with a shot from each of his pistols as the tall man's comment snaps him back to attention. He then holsters his off-hand pistol, and quickly reloads his main pistol.

He glances at the tall man. "Like that?"
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:59 am

"Now what? " Arg asks the big sailor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Bow
DraÔÇÖkan grips the anchor and flies up and out over the sea, avoiding being tied up in the ferryÔÇÖs sails or rigging. Speaks finds himself now 20 or so feet above the water. With the ferry sliding by him to one side, and the pirate shipÔÇÖs bow sliding towards them. Of course the pirate shipÔÇÖs sails are a good sixty feet out of the water.
► Show Spoiler
Main Cabin

"Following me even here? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. And what poor bastard did you used to be, I wonder?"

Jager decides to take out the possible former patient with a bolt. Stepping partway down the ladder, But apparently demonstrates poor aim and the bolt flies buy and buries itself into a cabin bulkhead.
He then advises Makita to deal with the skeleton himself
"Oh, she deserves plenty, but I believe you could put that firearm to better use here!"

Makita silently agrees by giving the monster both barrels. The first shot goes straight in the eye socket and the blue glow vanishes. Before the second shot sends bits of bone flying all about JagerÔÇÖs end of the cabin.
JagerÔÇÖs ability to detect magic allows him to see the tendrils of magic still attached to every bit of bone (and bone dust) flying about. It is like a vast magical spiderweb running out from the skull (that smacks into the floor). Unfortunately it obviously obscures his ability to detect anything else at the moment...
Jager does notice that the Woman has sat up now and is pointing something at him, at very close range and her mouth seems to be saying archaic words silently.

BaBaBaBaBaBaBang the sound of a rolling volley can be heard from the stern along with Humph and a slight jolt as though something bigger has also gone off aboard.
► Show Spoiler
Quarterdeck

Arg watches as the large sailor finishes tying off the sail when the steward appears and slaps a very long gun with a heavy barrel into his hands. The steward hands another one to a second crewman.
Arg asks "Now what? "

BangBang sounds from somewhere forward. ValÔÇÖdar turns and then looks at Arg.
Damn well find out what the hell Makita is up to Valdar orders.
He believed that one of the female passengers caused the fire interupts the steward who is handing out ammo and guns.
Valdar scowls and takes the third rifle from the steward. Well, we need his tail here

BaBaBaBaBaBaBang
Lead balls and javelins streak into the quarterdeck as Val'dar is drowned out by the sound of lead splintering wood all around him. Arg is completely ignored by the enemy fire. One of the crewman on the second swivel gun is knocked back by a musket ball. A javelin is so badly thrown it actually skids between ValÔÇÖdarÔÇÖs feet, not even slamming into the deck. One of the bullets slams into the swivel gun being used by the captain. He flinches but the gun suddenly goes off, Humph sending its round into the water between the ships.

The big sailor grunts as a javelin slams into his shoulder, he steps forward, levels his gun, screams and pulls the trigger.

Valdar smiles for a second, I see they started hiding after that and a few are throwing up over the deckby the holy blazes I think you got a damn head shot with thater

Bang the bullet flies past the head of the large sailor and he instinctively ducks. BraunLayef Braun The sailor says as he begins to reload the weapon. Valdar kneels and aims up a shot with the long, heavy rifle intent on the task at hand.

Er..sir the steward asks Arg before he can leave.
If you are going below to find those gentlemenplease take that woman

He points to the elf passenger who is now staring blankly at nothing apparently some sort of dog is nuzzling her body trying to get a response I think something has clouded her mind
The steward is knocking an arrow into a bow as he speaks. Obviously he has a ranged weapon for the fight.
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Pirates of Penzance! 13.2

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Drakan continues to fly upwards, hopefully gaining speed.