Children of Ash

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Children of Ash

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:04 am

Now that everything had been taken care of and bodies removed from sight for kid and women, Mr. Green watched the others quietly, careful not to give anything about himself away. Looking over the things that weren't already taken, Mr. Green stooped and took the ballpoint pen from the floor. He smiled as he picked up the pen, you never knew when you needed a writing instrument, or something sharp to stab into someones neck. Mr. Green forced the carnage of that incident from his mind and sorted through the random pile of stuff.

A thought crossed his mind, and he realized that with the world having gone to shit, the people that they meet out there in the world may want to barter. With no one else laying claim to anything, Mr. Green stuffs the glove & Calculator into his rucksack.

Moving back toward the group, who were standing around chatting like little old ladies, he raises his voice "If you are finished standing around talking, we need to leave this place and access the situation outside. We need to find a place to stay for the night and I have no intention on waiting for the Pack to return, you can find me outside."

Having spoken his peace, Mr. Green headed to the exit and opened the door to the outside. Upon leaving, Mr. Green took stock of what was outside (cars, trucks, etc).

(Actions: Yell at the people inside, go outside, if any vehicles are available, try to jump-start one {assuming they have any fuel}, he will look specifically for a larger Vehicle, like a Army truck or Humvee.)

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:13 am

((Honey took the bat, wash and shampoo.))

Of he has any time remaining for actions, Jimmy will go with the bossy guy, going to find a vehicle to get out of here in.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:15 am

loot list:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Considering weapons are in short supply, I'm not letting you get two badge. The knife or the bat but not both. In character I would stop you from weapon hording as it would make you very untrustworthy.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:08 pm

When Honey goes to change in another room, Roslyn nods, deciding that is a good idea and she goes into a separate room and changes also.
She comes out looking a bit more confident in her own clothes and out of the baggy, non-flattering white she was in.
Jeans, Blue Nike tennies, a blue t-shirt showing from the collar area of a tan fleece zippered top.

Having no desire to save the white clothing, she unceremoniously dumped them in the room she changed in.

"Lets go find us some working vehicles." and she heads for the front door. She is done with this place and ready to move on, even if it might be as bad out there as she feels it might be.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Wow, universally snubbed...

Noticing no one really wants to talk anymore. Jacob will head outside with the others. "I'm gonna go up and see what's around" He will proceed to climb the building (or a taller structure) to get a vantage point to see what's around.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:57 pm

"Sure, but I reckon we're walkin' wherever we go... Think them maskers gon' burn up food an clothing, but leave some nice truck out here wit keys an' gas in it? I do rightly doubt that, but I would love bein prove wrong."

(Edited to add colour - posted in a hurry from a party :lol: )
Last edited by nikohl on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Ooc. Didn't mean to snub Jacob, just missed that. :zzz: We'll chat later

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:43 pm

ooc: Its all good. Everyone else did too so it lets me play my character a little more distrustful which I don't mind at all.

loot list:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I've been giving everyone else fair chance to take whatever they want, but I'll take whatever's left over just so nothing gets left behind.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Jimmy has pocketed any bills $10 and up, not sure what denominations are actually present.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:43 am

Joshua takes a look at the things Jacob and the others found. Apparently there's not much left.

"Oh, wow. A Vault Boy bobblehead. How very appropriate." He picks it up and puts it into one of his pockets. "Heh, I wonder if I get a stat bonus now."

He also pockets some of the loose change. Never know when you could use it.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:54 am

Paul, Joshua, Roslyn, Jani, Honey, Peter (Retroactive)

Introductions aside, the group decide they too should join in with searching the compound for useful items. Instructing Peter to go and grab a pillowcase to put his things in, then heading off down the corridor together, the group manage to sweep through some of the previously searched rooms and end up in the staff offices. With the obvious bee in his bonnet, Paul bursts into Wilcott's office and begins rifling through a file drawer before he finds a file marked 'ROBINSON, Paul. #13592.'
Throwing on the desk and flicking through it, he finds information he is after.

Code: Select all

ROBINSON, Paul
Family: Wife (Ex) - Susan, deceased.
Daughter - Kristen, 16, location unknown, status unknown
Immunity: Genetic
The rest of the file is essentially background, progress notes on his behaviour and scientific notes about his blood samples and smallpox resistance, but generally nothing noteworthy. He eventually joins with the others on the sweep.
They continue through staff rec areas as they search under broken furniture, through opened drawers and through piles of paperwork and other office items. As with the others, it is evident the raiders have had a similar frame of mind and gone through the entire center picking everything clean like ants on a carcass, before vandalising whatever remained with no real motive other than wanton destruction in a world with no repercussions. Those who enter the staff cafeteria ahead of Peter quickly backtrack, halting the remainder of the group and advising there is nothing of use in there and to search in another direction.
Thankfully, a number of items have gone unnoticed under the detritus, or else been overlooked:
  • cordless mouse
  • A ripped bedsheet
  • staple gun
  • A cookbook, Betty Crocker's Big Book of Comfort Foods
  • 4 tins of food, assorted pastas or vegetables
  • 5 packets of instant noodles
  • A toaster, broken
  • 3 bottles of water
  • A bar of soap
  • $17.31 in notes and change
  • A packet of 6 AA batteries
  • A ballpoint pen
  • A pair of reading glasses
  • A scarf
  • An ipod, no headphones
  • 2x lightbulbs in boxes
  • A wristwatch (The time is 9:30am)
  • A keyring with keys, one looks like a vehicle key.
  • A meat cleaver
  • A small kitchen fire extinguisher
► Show Spoiler
They converge in the staff rec area to show each other their findings and sort through the stash prior to continuing on.
Last edited by Synch on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:05 am

Honey wastes no time in pointing out or picking up every food item, making sure nothing is missed. She suggests using the ripped bedsheet as a makeshift carrying or dragging device to help get the supplies back to the main corridor.

Before they take things back to dole them out, she takes two each tins of food and bottles of water regardless of anyone else's protestations and hands them to Peter, acutely aware that he had none of his initial rations left. She heads off any complaints with a stern look and a firm "Boy gotta eat. Y'all got a problem with that, ya got a problem with me."

Unless anyone else indicates they would particularly like to have them, she takes one tin of food , the broken toaster - "This gon' have bits in might be useful" (apparently she recognises it, whereas she doesn't seem to know that the ipod and mouse would also fit the "useful bits" category) - and the bar of soap. She also points out the keys, picking them up and clipping them onto her belt so they don't get lost. "Ain't much of a driver, but I reckin' we aint wanna lose these. Anyone fin'a lock door, holler." She eyes the cleaver, but waits to see if any of the initial finders pick it up. If no-one there does, she will stick it through her belt before returning to the main group, not wanting it but not intending to leave it lying around for the relatively-unknown "other guys" at this stage.

--

Back in the now, when Joshua picks up the bobblehead.

"A hwat?" (For that is how she pronounces it) "None-a them words was words."

"'Ey, y'all checkin' outside. Don't forget this keys here. Them mask-facers mighta burnt it or done take'd the fuel, or jumped it, but there'm at least one vee-hicle what they don't got a key for. She jingles the keys brought back from their earlier scavenging attempt.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:13 am

loot list:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
((Jimmy, Jacob and Mr Green, please refrain from any of this loot until all other 6 have taken what they'd like. It is assumed the remainder is brought back to the rec room, and then you three can help yourselves to what is left.))
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:47 am

I was damn grateful really, the woman had actually been telling the truth, now I just had to play Odysseus apparently.
Movies and TV were dead but I was stuck playing a part.
I pocketed the file after glancing to see how or who I had been brought here. I then glanced to see if any mail was in here with Wilcott's private address. As one of the last non-bolters, if her home was still intact then it would have supplies.

I went out with the others but focused on finding a damn local map; preferably a topograpic map but hell I'd even take one of those damn poor 'how to get to our facility' maps.

I look at the dirty blond who had just found the keys and nod about her comment but point out..."Or the vehicle could be sitting at their residence..hmm" The raiders were not rushed really, so why hotwire the damn vehicle rather than just go search the bodies again...

I saw the torn sheet and heard what "Honey", why do I want to call her the Badger?...said about it. I took the thing and fitted up a sling with it, a trick some dusty civil war re-enactor had taught me during the Gettysburg shoot. When the others gave me a strange look I just commented, "Sorry learned that from a Civil War Re-enactor on set..."

When someone found the cleaver and held it up, I took it along with a scarf and stuck it in the front of my trench coat. The map pocket on the front made a decent sheath for the weapon though I used the scarf to keep the blade from cutting the interior of the coat itself.
Paul puts on the wristwatch if it happens not to be digital

I picked up a pair of reading glasses to use as impromtu sighting glasses but knew someone else might have a better use so I called out "If anyone needs these tell me, I just want to use them for a moment...", I pocketed the poor fellow's pen at the same time.
I and honey had both gone for the soap. I just passed it over to her, "No just focused on making sure we have it handy and somewhere waterproof..." I indicate my coat.

I looked at the fire extinguisher. It was a decent one shot weapon but too clumsy to carry around except in a pack and then would be almost useless. I decided to go gather up shoestrings from the dead to create a shoulder strap for the fire extinguisher...(Or he will go and use some flexible plastic tubing from the lab if he found any) before I offered it to others. "One hit weapon, but it might help you"

I made sure that someone took someone the staple gun,the ipod, the six AA batteries.
I also spent a few moments looking through all the coins to see if there were any old enough to be real copper or silver.

After getting done I annouced to the group that I was going to see about getting up on the roof and doing a scout of the area, "I'm going to see about getting up on the roof to survey the nearby area before we start off..."
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:11 am

"Huh? Oh sure, I guess... nobody at my place walk off wit keys to our truck without my daddy yellin' when they get back, but I guess." Honey nods as Paul offers a differing opinion about the keys, and lets him take the soap when they reach for it at the same time. "Hey, less for me ta carry. Y'all gon' let me lend that if'n I get a cut though, right? Ain't want no dirt in no wounds out here."
Last edited by nikohl on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:30 am

Joshua will take the staple gun, the ipod, the batteries,the mouse and the cookbook. He will check if the staple gun is loaded and the iPod charged.

"A staple gun, cool. Lots of stuff you can do with that."

((Is that staple gun powered or manual?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 am

Honey: "'Ey, y'all checkin' outside. Don't forget this keys here. Them mask-facers mighta burnt it or done take'd the fuel, or jumped it, but there'm at least one vee-hicle what they don't got a key for. She jingles the keys brought back from their earlier scavenging attempt.

"Miss, you mind if I have a look at those?"

If she lets him take a look at the keys, he'll try to determine if he can tell what type of vehicle they are for (brand markings, shape, size, etc.). If she's planning on coming outside to look for vehicles, he'll hand them back, otherwise he'll hold onto them for now.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:18 am

Honey isn't going outside for now, she's busy sorting out stuff in here, so will happily hand over the keys.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 am

► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:11 am

Reading some of the current actions I thought I might point out:
Synch wrote:Bodies lying where they fell have been stripped of boots and weaponry.
Sorry to ruin your day.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:58 pm

loot list:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Roslyn watches as the others grab the found items and place them in their makeshift bags.

She looks over at Jani, who also hasn't taken any of the found items yet, "Anything in particular you would like?" Roslyn just sits quietly for a few seconds trying to digest this. "I understand finding stuff so we can survive, but...this mad grabbing. Are we all planning on staying together and working together? What about food? Are we all going to forage and make our own food, or are we going to be cooking and eating as a group?" She really doesn't care to think about making mad dashes for food everyday and then fighting the men..or Honey, for it.

Unless wanted by Jani, Roslyn will take three packet of noodles and the bottle of water.
She hands the chickpeas over to Jani. "I would have to be REALLY hungry to eat these."
She will let the others take whatever they want.

She won't make a fuss over any the items. Hell she thinks, finding one unlooted car in some out of the way place, left by someone who died, and we could find a trunk load of stuff, prolly all more useful then a computer mouse of lightbulbs.

Wasting no more time she says, "It's time to be brave and see what is outside. Lets go."
She offers a hand to Jani to see if she will go with. She also looks to the others of her group, and motions them to follow along. "C'mon." She does not particularly wait for anyone if they do not come right now. She doesn't plan to go so far as she will lose anyone.

Actions: She plans on peering out the front doors and windows for a minute and if no movement is found, she will head out quietly and carefully, trying to be quiet, but look around and see what there is to see. If there are cars or trucks around. She will look inside them and check the tires also, see if they are viable for travel, or if they are all vandalized. So, basically trying to be sneaky quiet, and loot what is nearby if anything.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:10 pm

These last few day he has not been his intelligent self and he is in full kid mode, but at least he was raised with manners and finds a lot of these adults running about were cursing a lot, but thinks at times like this maybe it was a time it was exceptable. Watching the other grab things Peter just watches until Honey notices him.
nikohl wrote: She heads off any complaints with a stern look and a firm "Boy gotta eat. Y'all got a problem with that, ya got a problem with me."
"Thanks miss..." Peter takes the food and water and stuffs it into his gear. His gear as it is looks quite formal like some form a school uniform but not quite as there no insignia, but it would definitely be classed as smart. He studies Honey while she talks and sees while she may seem a bit wild she has helped him more than the others, perhaps he would keep nearer her.
nikohl wrote:Back in the now, when Joshua picks up the bobblehead.

"A hwat?" (For that is how she pronounces it) "None-a them words was words."
He had been looking at the bobblehead before it was picked up by Joshua.
"It from a game, looks like its the medicine one. seems appropriate as it the first one you find in the game too after escaping a vault like facility"
He smiles at his first piece of knowledge shared to the group.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 am

Patdragon wrote: He had been looking at the bobblehead before it was picked up by Joshua.
"It from a game, looks like its the medicine one. seems appropriate as it the first one you find in the game too after escaping a vault like facility"
He smiles at his first piece of knowledge shared to the group.
Noticing Peter looking at the bobblehead Joshua offers it to him.

"You want it? I just didn't want to leave it here. Good to know that someone here knows his games.

I don't think I got your name yet. I'm Joshua ."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 am

NotStickFigures wrote:Roslyn watches as the others grab the found items and place them in their makeshift bags.

She looks over at Jani, who also hasn't taken any of the found items yet, "Anything in particular you would like?" Roslyn just sits quietly for a few seconds trying to digest this. "I understand finding stuff so we can survive, but...this mad grabbing. Are we all planning on staying together and working together? What about food? Are we all going to forage and make our own food, or are we going to be cooking and eating as a group?" She really doesn't care to think about making mad dashes for food everyday and then fighting the men..or Honey, for it.
"Stickin' together is the smart thing. Ain't what any one of us would choose, buncha strangers an never seein' no face you knew ever again... but we don't got a lot o'choosin to do. Wit folk like them maskers out there, one on'er own gon' never get no sleep, get no rest, til she get found and get took and get dead. I ain't spendin my last days runnin' like a hunned deer or sleepin with mah eyes open, t'aint no way of livin a'tall. Everythin do better, go easier, when it get shared, if'n it food or work or a home. S'just the way life is.

So like it or not, y'all are basically family. I know it, and y'all can believe me or ya can just not, but I'm right. These people gon' be your people now, for all the time you got."

Honey's sage advice is doled out in a lazy drawl, said as simply as if she was reading from a dictionary, while she suspiciously inspects a packet of noodles, apparently unsure of what it is.