Home to all current Forum Games.
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: The Gobl'Inn

Post by Wolfie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 pm

You do remember what family you married into.... right? :P
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:10 pm

None will ever be allowed to forget which pack they join. It is an eternal nightmare.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:05 pm

A large hulking ogre steps out of the Xanth doorway, followed by a small flame shaped like a mouse.

"Me name Synge, come to binge!
Need to stretch bod, who seen Odd?"
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:02 am

If you need to stretch a bit, sweetie, there's a rack in the back in you can sack. Otherwise, grab a beer from a bar and some snacks from the jar.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:50 am

"This place seems to have become a men's club somehow? Where are the female members? Besides our host of course..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:37 am

Don't worry, we only just reopened. They'll come.

In the meantime, would you care for a game of Billiards?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 am

"Might as well..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 am

Wolfie smiles and walks to the far wall and presses a button. A gleaming, solid oak and green felted billiards table rises from the floor with a light whirring sound and stops with a near silent THUNK. With another press of a button on the wall, the cue sticks and other accoutrements appear from behind a hidden panel on the wall.

Choose your weapon, sir.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Synge picks up a billiard cue between his fingers, but it looks like an oversized matchstick in his hands.

"Too small me think, me go get drink" he says before plodding over to the bar.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:41 pm

"I'll use my own if you don't mind..."

Pulls a gleaming white stick out of hammer space. Quite useful when bar fights break out...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:23 am

A silver head, about four feet off the floor, nudges the door open... allowing the rest of her considerable but rather fluid bulk to slip through unhindered. She flicks her tail, snatching it out of the way of the closing door as it clicks shut behind her. She spares no glances to the inn's other occupants yet - inky eyes fixed firmly on her destination. She pads silently to the bar, leaps atop it in one graceful bound, and selects her prize from behind it. She closes her maw around the neck of a bottle of vodka and drags it down from the rack with a loud clonk, then hops down from the bar and stalks to the fireplace, carrying the bottle with her.

As she moves, a quiet disembodied voice falls word by word into the air behind her, laboured and slow, like silk dragged over metal.

it has been far too long since i've been out to play

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:29 am

Ya know, we have a bartender for a reason. We also have glasses, Wolfie calls over to the newcomer as she looks up from taking her shot on table.

Darn. Missed the 12.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:42 am

(Spot check DC 20)
► Show Spoiler
A bottle descends from the ceiling on the end of a glistening purple tentacle to hover near the fireplace.

A toast to absent friends.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:25 am

Here here! When you're done, you can smash your glass in the fireplace to complete the toast. You'll owe me $.50 though. And I promise you won't get hit with shards, it's made to not spray.

► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 am

glasses...yes. but no hands.

She looks at the tentacle and bottle as she approaches and tilts her chin up and sideways, allowing the bottom of her vodka bottle to clink off the suspended one. Rudimentary toast started, she drops down in front of the fire with an inelegant flumph, and angles the bottle so that it is held upright between her two forepaws, then bites down sharply on its neck. An awful screeching sound pierces the air for a split second as metallic fangs grind over glass, then the weaker of the two gives way with a quiet crack and shatters. Satisfied, she crunches happily, then stops and spits out the bottlecap with a brief look of distaste, before continuing to chew.

vechnaya pamyat

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:36 am

The tentacle with the bottle starts waving about the room, clinking glasses until all are satisfied.

Two more tentacles drop down in front of the fireplace.

Borrow some of mine. I've got enough to spare.

The tentacles waggle their fingers to the sounds of popping joints.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:52 am

Looking rounr the room at the other patrons
"O.K this is getting odd, I'm going to check out this pool, and maybe feed the inhabitants."
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 am

A green goblin withba tophat walks in

Didnt this place blew up a while back
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:51 am

A ball with a seven goes into a corner pocket....along with the 10 ball.

"You should know, you are the one who blew it up to avoid paying you're debts..."
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 am

Ahh, billiards.

Wolfie quickly sinks the mischievous 12 ball and the 13... but misses on the 14.

Damn. And yes, this place has been rebuilt from the ashes of its former glory where a similar goblin in a tophat blew it up.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 am

Must have been my distant cousin I suppose

A glass of ale for me please as he sits down

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:09 am

A muscley limb snakes down and attempts to snatched the hat from the green goblin's head.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Wow easy there kraken you still own me one saved you the trouble of a costly resurrection.when this place light up

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:25 am

So, top-hatted goblin, where have you been?

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:17 am

Saved me the trouble, indeed. This place has more exits than a door factory in Sigil. Besides, I only steal out of love.

An empty bottle hurtles across the room and explodes in the fireplace. Violent as it is, no shrapnel escapes the fireplace.

After the dust settles, another green goblin who is definitely not a sock puppet on the end of a tentacle wearing your tophat has mysteriously appeared in the room.