You are a Dog

Home to all current Forum Games.
lingrem
Former Mod

Re: You are a Dog

Post by lingrem » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:13 am

total votes:
A)
B) 5 (chuck, Burns, Kida, Gathers, lingrem)
C) 3 (spiderwrangler, Kida, Gathers)
D) 1 (lingrem)
E) 3 (chuck, spiderwrangler, Burns)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

HerdsCats
Of Few Words
UStream Username: HerdsCats
Location: Somewhere between a tub and a sharp pointy set of teeth

Post by HerdsCats » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Rolls and notes
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Thrilled to see that at least one of your visitors wants to play, you leap to your feet, and start dashing around in circles. The little female dog, whose name is Bonnie, gives chase, happily barking and egging you on by nipping at your heels. You don't mind so much, as you get the feeling that she's probably still very young, and you're very large compared to her. You used to nip at the heels of bigger dogs when you were a pup as well. Round, and round, and round you go, eventually catching the attention of her brother Clyde, who halfheartedly tries to follow you. He seems a bit conflicted by wanting to chase you and his sister, but also wanting to find the critters down in the hole he'd been digging. At any rate, he's not nearly as cranky as he was before. Not friendly, but not cranky either.

You and your new friend then make a break for the front yard, dodging strange people as you go. Many of them are carrying boxes and pieces of furniture into the house, and - hey! There's your FAVORITE sofa! You take a flying leap, and land on it. The surprise extra weight proves to be too much for the people carrying it, and it falls to the ground loudly. Bonnie yelps in surprise, and races away. Not deterred, you leap off the couch, grab one of the couch cushions and shake it mightily, hoping somebody else might want to join you in your game. The humans seem less than impressed.

Master comes out of the house and scolds you for being so rowdy.

Choose 2

A) Apologize to master for scaring the other humans
B) Run in the opposite direction, dodging your scolding, and hoping master will chase you instead
C) Try to find Bonnie
D) See if Clyde wants any help with huntin' wabbits
E) Settle down, and investigate some of the other smells in the yard
My name is HerdsCats. I do the impossible, improbable, and downright unpleasant on a daily basis. How may I help you today?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:44 pm

► Show Spoiler
A)
B) 1 (Spiderwrangler)
C) 1 (Spiderwrangler)
D)
E)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:25 pm

A, c

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:12 pm

C D

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:59 am

AE. We're a labradog, people. Gotta stay on da boss' good side.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:47 am

A) 3 (Burns, nikohl, lingrem)
B) 1 (Spiderwrangler)
C) 4 (Spiderwrangler, Burns, kida, lingrem)
D) 1 (kida)
E) 1 (nikohl)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:28 am

► Show Spoiler
my pick: A, C

A) 4 (Burns, nikohl, lingrem, Gathers)
B) 1 (Spiderwrangler)
C) 5 (Spiderwrangler, Burns, kida, lingrem, Gathers)
D) 1 (kida)
E) 1 (nikohl)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 am

► Show Spoiler
A) 4 (Burns, nikohl, lingrem, Gathers)
B) 1 (Spiderwrangler)
C) 6 (Spiderwrangler, Burns, kida, lingrem, Gathers, Chuck)
D) 1 (kida)
E) 2 (nikohl, Chuck)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:50 pm

A) 5 (Burns, nikohl, lingrem, Gathers, Rodgeir)
B) 1 (Spiderwrangler)
C) 6 (Spiderwrangler, Burns, kida, lingrem, Gathers, Chuck)
D) 1 (kida)
E) 3 (nikohl, Chuck, Rodgeir)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:04 pm

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:15 am

Rolls and Info
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

You drop the couch cushion at hearing Master's harsh words. You hadn't meant to cause trouble - it was only a game! It was supposed to be fun! Whining and creeping low on your belly, you wag your tail in submission and give your master the saddest most apologetic look you can muster. Master sighs, picks up the couch cushion and tousles your ears affectionately. He tells you you're a good dog, you just need to calm down a little bit, and kisses you on your snout - causing you to both sneeze and give a relieved whole body shake. The movers all laugh at your antics, and one of them produces a tasty chicken flavored cookie from the inside the big smelly truck. They take turns lavishing you with affection, belly rubs, and side thumps. Today is a good day to be a dog.

When the humans decide it's time to get back to work, they leave you to your own devices again. Naturally, you attempt to find Bonnie so that you can resume your game. This time WITHOUT jumping on the couch and stealing the cushions. But when you go back to the backyard, you find that both Bonnie and Clyde are no longer anywhere to be seen. Putting your nose to work, you track their whereabouts, and discover a hole underneath the fence WAAAAAAY in the back. Judging from it's location, it isn't likely that a human or a larger dog than yourself would be able to find it. You have to go through the prickly underbrush to get to it, but finding your new friend is worth it. The hole requires some... modifications... for you to be able to fit through, but your big paws make quick work of the soft dirt, and you wiggle under the fence after the scent of Bonnie and Clyde.

Er. Bonnie and Clyde, and about seven other dogs who happen to live beyond the fence.

There is an abandoned horse barn on a large piece of mostly open property. Here a large-ish pack of dogs has made their new home, and at least ONE of them doesn't much care for strangers. Cujo is a slightly porky Chihuahua/Pug mixed with a healthy helping of Satan for added endurance and aggressiveness. He comes charging at you like a bat out of hell, and you run into the field. Thanks to his short stubby legs, you can run much faster than he can, but that doesn't help you much against all the OTHER dogs. Most of them catch up with you easily, except for the mastiff who is old and slow, limping as he makes his way to the rest of the pack. The surround you easily, and you panic, freezing to the spot. Cujo finally catches up, snarling and barking. He is promptly told off by Bonnie, who comes to your rescue and bites him on the face. Cujo and Bonnie go at it for a few minutes, and the rest of the pack watch with interest. You carefully sit up to watch the match unfold. In the end, Bonnie is victorious, and she gives a clear signal to the rest of the pack - outright bullying you is NOT going to be accepted. Cujo isn't happy about this, but after getting his butt kicked by Bonnie, he isn't about to risk losing his authority if somebody else should challenge him at this point. He's in no shape for a serious fight.

Choose one for the pack:

A) Escape while the escaping is good!
B) Stick around, and stay near Bonnie - Her recent display means nobody should mess with you at all
C) Stick around, but socialize and explore - you'll get to know the pack better but you won't be protected completely by bonnie if somebody gets uppity

Choose one in regards to Cujo:

D) Avoid and ignore him - no sense getting into a scrap on his territory
E) Treat him like any other member - friendly and with intent to play. no hard feelings, right?
F) Challenge him for dominance - Dude just lost to a little girl. How tough can he be?

@ LAYF - Thanks! I've been itching for a game recently, and this place just isn't as active it used to be. Time to change that :D Figured this would be something we've never had before. If ever you do feel like voting, feel free, since this doesn't require constant participation.
My name is HerdsCats. I do the impossible, improbable, and downright unpleasant on a daily basis. How may I help you today?

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 am

A)
B)
C) 1 (lingrem)

D)
E) 1 (lingrem)
F)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:52 am

► Show Spoiler
my pick: C, E

total votes:
A)
B)
C) 2 (lingrem, Gathers)

D)
E) 2 (lingrem, Gathers)
F)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:06 am

► Show Spoiler
my pick: C, E

total votes:
A)
B)
C) 3 (lingrem, Gathers, spider)

D)
E) 3 (lingrem, Gathers, spider)
F)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:16 am

► Show Spoiler
total votes:
A)
B)
C) 4 (lingrem, Gathers, spider, Chuck)

D)
E) 4 (lingrem, Gathers, spider, Chuck)
F)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:36 am

Pack: c
Cojo: d

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:11 pm

CE from me too.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:04 pm

► Show Spoiler
total votes:
A)
B)
C) 7 (lingrem, Gathers, spider, Chuck, Burns, nikohl, kida)

D) 1 (Burns)
E) 5 (lingrem, Gathers, spider, Chuck, nikohl)
F) 1 (kida)

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Guh... Life decided to pee all over me this week. Post will be up either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:53 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Thankful for your pint-sized savior, you leap over to Bonnie, and show her your gratitude by rolling over and licking her face, as her short stubby legs mean that you'd otherwise have to bend over her to do it - not a wise decision after seeing her in action.

The rest of the dogs disperse somewhat - they don't want a fight either, and tensions are a little high right now thanks to the little scrap that just happened. They sorta stick to the general area, giving off clear signals that indicate they wish to remain neutral. Well, most of them do. The male pit mix doesn't much care for pack politics, and he waggles his way over to you, ready to play. This is JUST the sort of thing you need, and the two of you tussle for a bit. Chopper is thrilled to have somebody his size who likes to play rough like he does. It's hard when you have so much energy and everybody else is either too small or too cranky to want to play! After a bit of wrestling, you try to engage Chopper in a game of chase. He obliges, and the two of you race around the property like it's nobody's business.

This picks up the interest of several other dogs, including the scruffy little dog Louie, his dad, Cujo the other lab, Mitzi, and poor old Sargent, who limps along after you as fast as he can, his tail going faster than his legs. Round, and around, and around you race, doing hairpin turns, and suicide dashes to draw the other dogs in closer. It's a grand game, and even Cujo seems to be enjoying himself. He seems less mad at you, at anyrate. In your excitement, you accidentally crash into Louie's sister Angel. She is NOT happy about this, as you already showed up on the property uninvited, and then you had the GALL to to slam into her, and step on her too? She snarls and whips around to bite you, narrowly missing your face, and taking a tiny chunk out of the tip your ear. You yelp, and race away with her hot on your heels, a small trail of blood left in your wake. She gives chase, but is stopped cold in her tracks when you hide behind Sargent. The old Mastiff growls at her, and raises his hackles. He doesn't have time for her drama today. Angel gets the message, and sulks away.

You hang around Sargent for a while, and he's happy to have the company. He putters around the old barn, and you follow suit, sniffing everything you can stick your sniffer into. You notice that he gives a wide berth to one of the old horse stalls, and being the curious dog you are, you go check it out. A very persnickety Duchess is nursing her puppies, and she gives you a very low warning growl. This stall is HERS, these puppies are HERS, and you are not to be near either of them. No need to tell you twice. You rejoin Sargent, and resume your sniffing. Whoever lived here before had apparently owned lots of dogs, as you can smell many other dog smells that aren't the same as the dogs here. The only consistent ones seem to be Cujo and Duchess. You can tell that they have been here the longest, as their scents are the oldest of the ones you can recognize. Surprisingly, you can't seem to locate anything that smells like either Bonnie or Clyde inside the barn.

You an Sargent continue to make your rounds. The property is HUGE. It's MUCH MUCH bigger than home. It's even bigger than not-home. It has a big house on it, a decent distance away from the old barn, a small stream running parallel to them. All around, you can smell small critters that live here, and there are many abandoned fruiting trees whose bounty now lays untouched on the ground. Sargent sniffs one of the trees, marks it, and goes on his way.

You notice now, though, that it's starting to get dark. There's still more to explore, but you're also starting to feel a little less sure of yourself. You've been away from Master for a long time now...

Choose two:

A) Stick close to Sargent while he finishes his rounds
B) Continue exploring over on this side of the property
C) Head back home to master
D) Try to figure out where Bonnie and Clyde are
E) Visit the old farmhouse

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 am

AC
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:16 am

A, C

lingrem
Former Mod