CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4!!!!

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4!!!!

Post by LAYF » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Magically Misplaced!

Read first:
► Show Spoiler

Pre 1/3 SPRING, game year 1.

Four years ago Merlin called you all to the castle of Camelot!
Arthur, your king was out fighting for peace and he needed your help establishing a small settlement on the mainland of Normandy.
Coming from all lines of life, 30 men and women in total was called.
Merlin, not wanting to leave his King without the aid he needed for too long decided to use magic to send you all to his side!
That is when something went wrong. You do not know what happened, but as the spell was taking its hold you all heard another voice echoing alongside Merlin's, all heaven and earth started spinning , a huge column of smoke, dust and strange lights hindered your sight for several minutes and then all changed!
The air was no longer filled with the sound of seagulls, the smell of the capital was gone, and so was everything else you knew!
the thirty of you found yourself on the top of a hill right at a cliff-side. No other civilizations within sight, This is definitely not Normandy!

Over the last four years it has become clear to you all that you will not be going back to old England.
What is more is that this realm is filled with creatures and beings that you thought fantasy, old wife's tales or at least a thing of the past!
Goblins, undead and other beings has been sighted, but no serious attacks so far...
You have established yourself well, build eighteen houses, given birth to five children, made farms, a bridge to fish from, a small lumber and hunter station, a stone quarry and even a church...
...The church!
Two weeks ago when the church was finished you all went in to pray to god and you got answers! But not from him, the being that answered presented itself as Kir'ril arch deva of Pelor, second messenger of the sun god! he told you that god, your god had no presence here, but not to fear, the gods of this realm would listen and watch over you, if they found you worthy!

OPTIONS:
A: I'd like to play
B: I'd also like to play
C: really, all the options this round is to say if you want to play!
D:....

Okay... so, this is mostly a test of interest...
Free for all Civ like game. you can participate without a character if you want, all you have to do is vote.
You may also make a character if you wish, to make a character come up with a description, a profession and two talents.
All characters currently possible are non magical humans from the dark age/feudal age England. only knowledge of magic is Merlin, Excalibur and folk tales.

MAP:
► Show Spoiler
Sight explanation:
► Show Spoiler
Settlement status:
► Show Spoiler
Player status:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: recruiting: Magically Misplaced! Civ Pre round

Post by LAYF » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:13 pm

I'll make an update tomorrow evening with first real votes.
People can always join...
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm

I want to join. Your games were great so far so I don't wanna miss the chance to play in this. :D
:zzz:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:11 am

Nerre wrote:I want to join. Your games were great so far so I don't wanna miss the chance to play in this. :D
Cool, you can go to the Recruitment thread and post a character.... http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1482
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Magically Misplaced!

1/3 SPRING, game year 1.

Finally spring is here! it has been a rough winter and the food resources are lower than they should have been, luckily the melting snow means lots of fresh water is going into the lake and soon you will be able to plant seeds for your fields!
Luckily for you all some of the fishers caught a huge fish a few months ago, it was big enough that it lasted the whole month, making you save some resources so you wont starve for the next few months.

Not much has happened over the winter, a single zombie had found its way from the south, but it was dispatched by Captain Griffiths long before it made any thread to the children or anyone else!

Together with the lumberjacks, Robert Johnson explored a bit into the forest, not much of interest was found in there, but footprints, seemingly humanoid or at least primate was discovered once in a while, maybe belonging to some of those short pale skinned humans you had seen a few months ago in the distance before they ran away? No matter what they belongs to its seems something intelligent is roaming the forest! two columns of smoke rises from the forest now each day (*5), in the morning one, and later up the day and all night another a bit to the west of the first. same pattern each day!

One of the miners claimed that they saw one of the stones they tried to mine bleed, but when he got the others there his mysterious stone was gone, people are not sure if the even want to believe him!

No one have tried to pray in the church again after what happened last time, no one is really sure what to do about this whole "other gods than god" thing....

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: Start building a palisade wall (Define where)
B: Put extra resources into the fields, you need much more corn for the next winter.
C: Send out a scout party (Choose direction or destination)
D: Start building a boat or raft, its a small lake but maybe there are better fish at the center, and you could explore the river!
E: Build more houses, living together is fine for couples and families, but you all need a place to call your own!
F: Try praying to god again!
G: Try praying to this "Pelor" God you heard about!
H: Try praying to another god by praying to a specific item/event/emotion (Define god of what?)
I: Yell at Merlin, (into the air)
J: Try convincing people NOT to pray at all.
K: Other option (each suggestion costs at least 1 Action point)

Still (always) open for new players)

MAP:
► Show Spoiler
Sight explanation:
► Show Spoiler
Settlement status:
► Show Spoiler
Player status:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 1

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 pm

A, main town
B.
C, into the woods

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:37 pm

A:2 (Badge,Noland) (Main Town: 2)
B:2 (Badge,Noland)
C:1 (Badge) (Woods:1)
D:
E:1 (Noland)
F:
G:
H:
I:
J:
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:01 pm

As my char is a crafter, he is most up for building palisades, secondary in more ressources into fields (he would then forge more/better tools, not spread fertilizer or plow). Tertiary in houses, cause that also sounds like something his skills might help in.

A:3 (Badge,Noland, Nerre) (Main Town: 3)
B:3 (Badge,Noland, Nerre)
C:1 (Badge) (Woods:1)
D:
E:2 (Noland; Nerre)
F:
G:
H:
I:
J:[/quote]

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:41 pm

My character is a learny type, so he tries to ascertain the metaphysics of this place first by invoking nature like the druids from years past, but is also up for a little exploring.

B:3 (Badge,Noland, Nerre)
C:2 (Badge,Runsaround) (Woods:2)
D:
F:
G:
H: 1 To the cliff and lake (Runsaround)
I:
J:
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm

B:4 (Badge,Noland, Nerre, Chuck)
C:3 (Badge,Runsaround, Chuck) (Woods:3)
D:1 (Chuck)
F:
G:
I:
J:

In hindsight, choosing riding without mounts wasn't the best choice but that just means finding a mighty steed will have to be a personal goal of mine.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:11 pm

OOC: Question for those who played some CIVs before: Do we only get to do one of the tasks, or do all tasks for which one of us decides to spend parts of his work force on getting done - or at least proceed towards completion? Does it matter if we only pick 1 or 3 tasks? Can we "focus" on one of the tasks or do we get to help completing 3 anyway, and only picking 1 would only mean wasting 2 votes?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 pm

In other civs, the number of things you vote for is the number of winning options. So our civilization will work towards 3 tasks. Each is rolled separately with our individual actions being the only things that can boost them. There is not double voting towards a focused actions, but your character could focus it.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Chuck is right. but one addition.
While 3 tasks are what is voted for this round there are two main exceptions to this "limited" number of actions
1: Prolonged actions*... any action already started in a previous round will gain points from votes no matter how few. but if it is not a "winning" vote it will not get a +1d100 that round.
2: Major actions. If a player spends a major action on a vote that vote will automatically happen as a extra action in addition to the 3 "winning" votes, this action will receive a +1d100 as all normal actions.

*Prolonged actions: Actions like option A, building a palisade wall, for one example is a prolonged action. while most actions simply needs a to get a better "point score" out of its votes + 1d100 (and any bonuses) a prolonged action needs a much bigger number, but can accumulate said points over multiple game rounds. in some cases they can also lose points each round that no progress is made, or even fail/go really wrong if a to low number of points is gained or a critical 1** is rolled.

**critical 1's and 100: if I roll a 1 on any given task it fails. no matter how simple it is and how many votes it got it fails. if I roll a 100 extraordinary progress or results are made, in normal actions the effect is really impresive, while in prolonged actions each roll of a 100 will result in the addition of two extra d100 rolls.

Hope that answers all you wanted to know....
*Ps, these rules are for THIS civ game.... not all of them...
*PsPs, I've added all characters now. still some descriptions WIP....

Last votes was:

B:4 (Badge,Noland, Nerre, Chuck)
C:3 (Badge,Runsaround, Chuck) (Woods:3)
D:1 (Chuck)
F:
G:
I:
J:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:18 am

I'll lock votes in 2-3 Hours, making the update then because I have extra time :)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:54 am

Magically Misplaced!

2/3 SPRING, game year 1.
► Show Spoiler
A single zombie during the winter is no problem, but the smoke rising from the forest indicates more intelligent creatures may be out there! For this reason work on a palisade wall is started, its slow work, and lot of wood is consumed in the initial attempts (-35) but a good deal of the wall is already finished within the month.

Seeing as a good defense is not always enough, some intelligence is also gathered: A scouting party left to have a look in the woods, what they found surprised them more than it worried them, the fires are started by a single creature. The.. man? or whatever they should call it is near 3 meters tall, has only a single arm and one eye, while the single arm seems to be due to the loss of the other, the one eye is clearly what this creature was born with, seeing as it is in the center of its forehead and 3 times bigger than it should be!

Sneaking back, the scouts are about to give report to the others when suddenly one of the lumberjacks comes running, screaming "GIANT! GIANT!!!" He yells!
All able men starts running towards the forest but when they get there they find no giant, only a giant pile of dead animals, big as small they all seem to have died the same way, heads crushed by stones!
All in all there is a little more than enough food for a month (38) but why is it there?
Besides the dead animals is also a big willow basket, within it is a single straw of corn.

Also on the food side, the seeding of the corn fields are going much better than the previous years, Rain has made the fields easy to plow and apparently the ground is fertile, because small plants are already growing after a week!

On the more troubling side, people are nervous about the whole "no god" thing and when Oblon the sage tries to get people to help him making sure metaphysics of this place is indeed at work a single woman named May panics, she pushes Oblon into the lake just before she runs away towards the north screaming that this is the punishment of god because they let Merlin use the devils magic on them!
Luckily Oblon is unharmed, but May has not been seen for 6 days now.

OPTIONS, choose up to 4:
A: Continue building a palisade wall around the main town.
B: Send out a few men to find May!
C: Try contacting the Giant creature (hostile or non hostile approach?)
D: Add the dead animals to the food storage!
E: Do NOT add the animals.
F: Send out another scout party (Choose direction or destination)
G: Build more houses, living together is fine for couples and families, but you all need a place to call your own!
H: Try praying to god again!
I: Try praying to this "Pelor" God you heard about!
J: Try praying to another god by praying to a specific item/event/emotion (Define god of what?)
K: Yell at Merlin, (into the air)
L: Try convincing people NOT to pray at all.
M: Other option (each suggestion costs at least 1 Action point)

Still (always) open for new players)

MAP:
► Show Spoiler
Sight explanation:
► Show Spoiler
Settlement status:
► Show Spoiler
Player status:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 2

Post by Nerre » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:23 am

A: Continue building a palisade wall around the main town. (1 vote, Nerre)
B: Send out a few men to find May!
C: Try contacting the Giant creature (hostile or non hostile approach?)
D: Add the dead animals to the food storage!
E: Do NOT add the animals.
F: Send out another scout party (Choose direction or destination)
G: Build more houses, living together is fine for couples and families, but you all need a place to call your own!
H: Try praying to god again!
I: Try praying to this "Pelor" God you heard about!
J: Try praying to another god by praying to a specific item/event/emotion (Define god of what?) (1 vote, Nerre - Wayland tries to pray to a deity that might be connected with fire, metal and forging. If Pelor covers that field, all the better. A deity that speaks up is much better one that never shows any trace of its existence.)
K: Yell at Merlin, (into the air)
L: Try convincing people NOT to pray at all.
M: Other option (each suggestion costs at least 1 Action point) (1 vote, Nerre - Wayland asks the guys at the stone quarry if they found ores. If they do not know enough about it, he checks all stone locations for ore deposits himself. They might need metal later, so better check early.)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:32 am

Nerre:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:34 am

A: 1 (Nerre, Chuck)
B: 1 (Chuck)
C:
D:
E:
F:
G:
H:
I: 1 (Chuck)
J: 1 (Nerre - fire, metal and forging)
K:
L:
M: Other option: 1 (Nerre - look for ore)

Minor action: Robert will track down the cyclops and stealthily follow and observe it to determine if it is a threat
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 pm

A
C
D

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 pm

I want to spend a minor action.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

BadgeAddict wrote:A
C
D
On C. Hostile or non hostile approach?
I'm guessing non hostile?
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:39 am

Sorry.... Vacation... No PC... Non-hostile

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:03 am

Okay :)

A: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge)
B: 1 (Chuck)
C: 1 (non hostile, Badge)
D: 1 (Badge)
E:
F:
G:
H:
I: 1 (Chuck)
J: 1 (Nerre - fire, metal and forging)
K:
L:
M: Other option: 1 (Nerre - look for ore)
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:21 pm

anybody wants to switch a vote to M? As far as I understood the top 3 options win, and we actually have a draw for all the ones with 1. Would be nice to prevent that we only get the 1d100 for 2 options instead of 3.