GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:38 am

Zaks finds not stalagmites to tie the rope to. But he is able to pull it taught. ItÔÇÖs a little loose with no natural features to secure it to, but it will still provide some measure of safety for those who follow.

Laughs Creepily is next to cross. He manages quite well with the rope to provide some safety. About half way across his foot slips and falls into the webbing. He is able to pull his foot out before he becomes entangled, but the web thrums at the touch and the goblins can hear skittering echoing out of the chasm. It might just be the echoes but it sounds like a lot of spiders.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:01 am

"*eeeehheeeehhheeee*", Laughs quickly but carefully continues to the other side, pull inf out his Lance once he gets there.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:06 am

Copying how Zaks got across he ties a rope end around him and begins the traverse.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:16 am

► Show Spoiler
Walks will hold onto the rope end to ensure Forges safe crossing and remain watchful of the surroundings.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:10 am

Forges for Food starts across, holding the rope as he edges along the beam. He only makes it about 8 feet out before his footing slips. As he falls the other goblins strain hard to keep the rope taught so he doesnÔÇÖt fall far. Unfortunately his legs slip through and he is now Entangled. Luckily he manages to hold onto the rope so he stays close to the beam and is able to hold onto it to prevent himself from falling further.

His bad luck continues as three spiders come out of the nooks and crannies and crawl along the web towards Forges for Food.

*Pat, why do my dice really hate you? Did you insult them or something? I don't understand it. In order to stop from falling further into the webbing and facing further penalties, you must keep one arm on the beam or rope, leaving only 1 for weapon/shield/gear/etc. You can use both hands for such things but the entanglement penalty will be worse.

Combat Status:
Spider 1: full health ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Forges for Food
Spider 2: full health ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Forges for Food
Spider 3: full health ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Forges for Food
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:04 am

Laughs takes a swig of his balance juice. "*teeeeehhhhhheeeeeehhhhheeeeeeee*"

Leaving Zaks to hold down things on the far side, he easily skips out onto the bridge, intent on stabbing anything that gets near to Forges.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:10 am

"God damn it."

Forges tries and uses his new dagger to cut himself out of the webbing/entangled condition (unless some one else does a similar action then he defends with his shield whilst trying to pull himself up.)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:56 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Leaving Zaks to hold down things on the far side, he easily skips out onto the bridge, intent on stabbing anything that gets near to Forges.
Just to point out: That is +15 is on a d100. So easily might be a stretch. Not sure if that changes anything for you or not. Also you can still hold onto the rope, so its not like you'll do too bad if you fumble your roll unless you roll a 1, but if you do hold on it slightly inhibits you with a two handed weapon.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:08 am

Well, then he'll hook an arm over the row and walk calmly out. Once there, he'll use axe to try to free Forges if the spiders aren't there and attacking yet, or stab with spear if they are.

(It may mean losing the armor, but burning their web may turn this in our favor...)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:51 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:(It may mean losing the armor, but burning their web may turn this in our favor...)
Maybe.... though I will point out: the small little web traps created some strong bursts of flame. You are standing in the middle of a cluster of giant webs. :bomb: Good luck.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:53 am

Walks tries to find something to tie the rope to on this side. If she does, she'll tie this end of her rope there nice and good, then gets out her bow and arrows. If she still can, she'll shoot at one of the spiders (preferably one she can kill).
If there's nothing to tie the rope to, she'll hold onto it and gets her shield out to keep the rope taut and herself safe.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:07 am

► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Tells will move along the bridge with his harpoon out to help Laughs with attack the spiders that get near Forges.
► Show Spoiler
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Forges for Food frantically starts hacking away at the webbing around his legs. ItÔÇÖs tough to do but he manages to slash himself free and sling himself back up on the beam. Unfortunately when he puts his leg over the other side he manages to entangle it in another web (seriously you canÔÇÖt catch a break). Its only one leg this time so he isnÔÇÖt as entangled as he was but he needs to free himself again.

Walks With The Wind and Zaks pull the rope taught so that Laughs Creepily and Tells Bad Jokes can crawl out to help Forges for Food. Both are able to quickly get out to him with no issues (seriously great rolls even without your bonuses). Laughs Creepily attacks one of the spiders with his spear. He strikes a good hit on it and it skitters back in fear. Tells Bad Jokes strikes at another spider and manages to distract it away from Forges for Food.

That spider attacks Tells Bad Jokes in retaliation but isnÔÇÖt able to get past his defenses. He teeters for a moment at the attack but manages to easily keep his balance. One spider is still on a vulnerable Forges for Food. It attacks doing 1 damage but forges is able to kick it off before it sinks its fangs in deep enough to inject its venom (yay you won a roll).

*Nolandking to answer your question, the beam still has intact supports and is made of sturdy wood. It creaks a little under the weight of 3 goblins but gives no signs of giving way. It would be quite evil of me to have it snap sending the 3 of you to your deaths and trapping Zaks. I may only be a little sadistic but IÔÇÖm not going to end your torture that quickly. I got to draw it out and make you think youÔÇÖve almost beaten the dungeon before I kill you all. >:D

*Pat you have the use of both hands back.

*Badge I took your posting but offering no action to mean you were just continuing to hold the rope. I can change it if you wanted otherwise. Since we are in combat rounds I would like some sort of confirmation of what you're doing though in future rounds, even if its just continue holding rope.

Combat Status:
Spider 1: lightly wounded ÔÇô on web ÔÇô temporarily scared off
Spider 2: full health ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Tells Bad Jokes
Spider 3: full health ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Forges for Food
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Laughs attacks one of the spiders that he hasn't yet, giggling all the while.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:19 am

Walks keeps on holding the rope. If a spider comes her way she'll defend with her shield.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:17 am

Zaks keeps the rope knotted around his waist so that his hands are free to hold onto the rock floor or fight if needed. He looks around closely at the cavern on his side, looking for danger.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:03 am

@Gathers nope, nothing on your end either.

@Badge As I said in the beginning I'll give people weekends. The only reason I went ahead this time is because you did post. And I assumed it was the disconnect between switching between RP and Combat modes, which I handle differently. Post if you can nest weekend, if not I'll wait.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:10 am

Forges continues to try and cut himself free, cursing all the time.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:30 am

"... cursing all the time."

"Oooh! *teheheehe* That was a good one! Give it to em again, Forges!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Tells continue to attack the spider attacking him.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:19 am

Walks With The Wind and Zaks continue to keep the rope taught for their comrades.

Forges for Food continues to free himself. This time he successfully frees his leg and pulls himself back onto the beam.

Laughs Creepily attacks the other spider that was attacking Forges for Food. It retreats in terror.

Tells Bad Jokes continues on the same spider, but is still unable to harm it. Worse he over balances and tumbles into the web. With his enhanced agility he is able to partially save himself but itÔÇÖs not good, he is heavily entangled.

The spider that Tells Bad Jokes tried to attack seizes the opportunity and strikes at him. His defenses are too strong to harm but in the struggle he loses the use of one arm getting caught in the web. The spider Laughs Creepily scared off previously returns and attacks him but he stays well balanced and fends off the attack

Combat Status:
Spider 1: lightly wounded ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Laughs Creepily
Spider 2: full health ÔÇô on web ÔÇô attacking Tells Bad Jokes
Spider 3: lightly wounded ÔÇô on web ÔÇô temporarily scared off

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 am

Laughs burp, giggles, and attacks the spider that is trying to eat him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:10 am

Growling out in frustration about not being able to help her companions so far, Walks ties her end of the rope around the freaking beam, since there is nothing else to tie it to. She takes very good care NOT to touch any webbing while doing so. After she freed up her hands, she equips short bow and knocks an arrow then aims very carefully at a spider she is likely to hurt or even better, kill. Unless one of the spiders has taken interest in her, in which case she will defend herself with the shield.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:35 am

Forges tries to defend or cut Tells out of the web depending on the action Tells takes. (i will chose the opposite.)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem