Pokemon: Darkness Awakens (Now Recruiting)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Pokemon: Darkness Awakens (Now Recruiting)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Vince

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
Just...five more minutes.
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Groggy, Vince wakes up, hitting his alarm and stretches when he realizes what today is he rushes down to get a bowl of cereal, before he rushes outside to get on his bike and pumps the petals as fast as he could, ignoring all other distractions as he approaches the docks. He is lucky that he lives so close by to the city, he gets to sleep in. He goes to the ticket collector to show his ticket.

"S.S. Abominable is third one down, you cannot miss it, it a decent size ship. The captain will be there to greet you."

Syana

Syana's parents drive her towards Edge City. As she looks out of the windows she notices various wild bird pokemon flying around. Today is going to be the day where she gets to go out in the world and have a pokemon of her own. She can hardly wait and wonders how much longer it would be before her parents would drop her off at the docks. The car stops in a parking lot and she moves to the ticket collector to show her ticket.

"S.S. Abominable is third one down, you cannot miss it, it a decent size ship. The captain will be there to greet you."

Callum

Callum gets up an hour early just in case and prepares his clothes. He folds them up nicely and puts them in a suitcase. Today he can show people dancing is not just a hobby, it is a way of life. Too many people dismiss dancing, but he will show them that style is everything. He gracefully goes down stairs with his suitcase and walks across the city towards the docks. He manages to find the ticket collector.

EVERYONE
As you walk down the docks you notice a few more people, none of them that you know of. You see a person in a sailor's outfit which you assume is the Captain.
"Ah you all came. Good. I am Captain Travis. Well, this is your last chance to turn back. And seeing who the professor is this week, I would turn back. I ain't going to lie, he likes to talk a lot and I hear that his speak...well more of a lecture now, gets longer each time he presents it."

Captain Travis shows them into the ship, entering last.

"Now, the professor is upstairs but I suggest you get to know each other before you sleep on their lap." The captain chuckles to himself.

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Pokemon: Darkness Awakens

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:24 pm

At the captain's advice, Vince glances at each of the others before announcing, "I am Vince Jacob. I'm here to become stronger. If you are useful to me I will see that you become stronger too."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:33 am

"Nice to hear from you, Vince! It's nice to know that other people have such big dreams too! Nh, I can't wait! The Pokemon Professor!"
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:15 am

"I'm here to prove that dancing is still valid career, so we all have big dreams then? I'm Callum Yew by the way." He extends his hands to the other two people, and while shaking Syana hand he'll say. "I don't believe you've mentioned your name yet."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Vince takes the offered hand, giving it a firm shake before stepping back, "A career indeed. Dance works as well as singing to evoke a response."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 pm

"Oh, woopsy. Syana Taen, at your service! Future world champ too, if I can do anything about it." Syana looks to the staircase. "Come on then, times a-wasting!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 pm

"True, we are gaining nothing by standing around. Let us get a move on."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:49 am

As you go upstairs you see a pokemon professor with a few pokeballs in front of him. He has gelled black hair and a suit.

The professor takes a deep breath, speaking in a very bored tone.
ÔÇ£Welcome to the SS Abominable, I am Professor Sudowodo. Please refrain from any jokes. As you may know, the laws in the Topaz Region, Coral Region, Unka Region, and Spiral Region have been getting more and stricter, making it harder and harder to obtain Pok├®mon. And those who wish to visit those regions must hold a trainerÔÇÖs license to be able to cross the borders and keep their Pok├®mon. The laws in those regions make it much harder for trainers in general as well. Pokeballs themselves are no longer in most markets because the scarcity of trainers to buy them. If one is not a trainer they cannot buy them and if they catch someone else capturing a Pok├®mon without a license they could be severely punished. Which means most parents cannot give their children Pok├®mon without a lot of money. For this reason me and a number other professors hold the lottery to let some people become trainers without spending a fortune. It is also why the black markets are flooded with people wanting to buy illegal pokeballs or they attempt to make some themselves to capture Pok├®mon. But without a proper license they will be caught and punished. Not to mention the PSS, or Pok├®mon storage system will not hold any unauthorized trainer Pok├®mon. Not that it stopped criminals from making their own and using illegal trainers to store Pok├®mon there so they could use it. Every few weeks I give a lecture about the laws, and to give out Pok├®mon to those who win the lottery. The reason for these laws is because many used Pok├®mon to bully, intimidate, and use them as weapons. We have had too many voltorb bombs go off, destroying buildings and we had to rebuild cities so many times. And in other areas were the laws are less strict you can see the devastation it causes to museums, banks, jails and other such places. It is unfortunate that the many have to pay for what the few have done so in the past. There are rumours that a league is being built, with the most elite trainers taking them on, but it is not something you should be involved in. With such power, they can easily do serious damage. Many cities in coral region, there is a person whom declares themselves to be the best. Do not engage until you are ready. I hear they have advantages with the surrounding area. I think some of the merchants were in working with them to make it even harder to obtain pokeballs. At least it is better than it used to be, they used to hire people to block areas to hinder travel until you defeated the best in the area. Pokeballs themselves are a semi status chamber with their own environment catering to the type of Pok├®mon. If a Pok├®mon is not loyal to you and wishes to escape from the pokeball they could unless there is a lock in place which a few pokeball designers make. They also make certain cases for individual pokeballs after you give them to therm. Furthermore wild Pok├®mon may see you as a threat, especially bringing another Pok├®mon in their territory, and if you bring a type they prey upon or vice versa then you may get in a fight. Unlike pokeballs repels are easily obtained and sometimes police give them away free if you do not have a Pok├®mon and going in the wilderness. If any of you wish to be a Pok├®mon breeder, go to a breeder in one of the cities and they can set up an apprenticeship for you to train, and you may even gain a license yourself if you are fully trained and lucky. If you wish to be in a coordinator you must wear a pink tutu and dance all times. Or at least i wish that was the case, but sadly not. Just...go to those pansy show halls and see for yourself, It is pathetic. Now the reason why you are all here is because of Pok├®mon. Pok├®mon are wondrous creatures with biology completely different than a human's. They give birth to eggs in a few hours, which hatches in a week, which can fully mature in a single day if one takes good care of it."

The professor finally pauses
"Oi! Get up! This is a Pok├®mon."
He releases a giant tentacle monster
"This is a tentacruel, you will find similar creatures in the world around you. Now before I give you your first Pok├®mon, why did you want to get a Pok├®mon?"

Roll Per and Focus. Focus is dc 5 and very much fluff.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Almost interrupting at the pansy remark Callum manages to keep his mouth just, and remains very focused, even if his eyes were only seeing the giant tentacle monster. Why? Because I have a dream that I am passionate about, and with a pokemon I'll have a partner to work with to make it come true. Plus not having to rely on repels to travel from city to city will be great too.

Callum focus [2d6] = 9
Callum perception [2d6] = 3

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Perception: 2
Focus: 11

"I am acquiring a pokemon because it is necessary to better myself and unlock my full potential. I will accept nothing less."
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:46 pm

"I was always really fascinated by pokemon battles, on TV and everything,so I've always dreamed of being in one. If you want to pokemon battle, you need a pokemon, don't you?"

Perception:5

Focus: 17

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Asides from the massive tentacle monster right in front of them they notice nothing of suspicion.

The professor nods. "Hmm very well. Just know that the journey of being a trainer is a difficult one, which you will face dangers unlike you have seen yet. This is true for all trainers whom wish to prove themselves. When we reach the Coral Region you will get a pokedex along with some starting money to help your journey.

Vince Jason, according to how you filled out your forms we felt it was best to give you the fire type pokemon growlithe. Growlithes are carnivorous and if you feel the food is too much to pay for you may have to find pokemon to feed him. Growlithes evolve by fire stone after gaining some world wide experience. There are other ways of evolving a growlithe, most involve fire in some way.

Syana Taen, according to how you filled out the forms we felt it was best to give you a venipede. I have no idea why when teddiursa was obviously a better choice due to type and how you filled it out but I am not the only one that chooses your pokemon for you. Venipedes tend to be be more posionous than other bug types and bird pokemon tend to avoid eatting them. Lucky you. A venipede is an herbavore, which means it can eat most fruits and vegtables, if prices are too expensive you can find fruits and vegtables out in the wild. Venipedes evolve by gaining lots of world experence and after they feel extreame stress. Which means either battling or over leveling.

Callum Yew, according to how you filled out the forms we felt it was best to give you a bunerary. Buneraries are also herbavories. Buneraries evolve after gaining some experience in the world and are easy to evolve. They have a mega evolution which would be hard to obtain the equipment to do so."

The professor gives you each a pokeball. "Each of these contain the cooresponding pokemon. Get used to them, they will be with you with your entire journey."

The professor reaches inside his briefcase for something, which Syana sees something out of the corner of her eye. A purple pokeball. "as luck should have it one of you has won-"

"Now. Now now Professor Fake Wood. lets not be hasty. Minions, you remember your mission? Now apply it."" A person with a covered face, seemly appears from nowhere, but looking where he was you see guards that are on the ground. "How fortunate are we that the winnings would go to the most wordy of professors. You even put the guards to sleep." The masked man lets out a white creature with giant claws and a large purple monstrosity with a giant gaping mouth. He then points a strange device at the professor.

Two minions of the masked fellow nod and gets in the way from the Professor and the young trainers.
"We have a secret mission to stall and distract you! I got the best pokemon! I even got an evolution! See?" In his hands is a white coated pokemon.
"You are an idiot." The other grunt facepalms, he has some type of purple rabbit right beside him.

Callum (15)
Vince (10)
Purple Rabbit (10)
Syana (8)
Grunt 2 (7)
Grunt 1 (5)
White Coat (3)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:53 pm

"Tch. Don't get in my way, fools." Vince calls out his growlithe as he leaps at the faster grunt, putting the force of his landing into a powerful swing of his arm, leaving deep cuts behind it, "Hear me, growlithe. I am your new master, and these fools stand in the way of our greatness. I grant you the name Leo. Show our foes our might!"
At the end of the turn, Leo moves to send the 'purple monstrosity' back to its trainer with a Roar.

Dragon Claw: AC=15, Damage=28
Roar: AC=18

It'd be nice to be able to use Roar to make both of the opposing pokemon return, but since I can't judge where everything is I'll target the evolved one.
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:34 pm

"Don't think you'll steal the show that easily." Callum calls out Buneary "Seems like we're partners, so Cocoa let's show them why we're the stars, and they're the audience."Turning around Callum tries to line them as many in a cone as he can; then with a flourished bow he say. "After all we'll shine brighter then any of you." as soon as he says brighter a blinding light emits from his body. "So shall we dance?" Cocoa quickly follows up on Callum actions bounding into into action.

Callum uses flash priority on hitting humans. Callum uses flash [1d20] = 17
targeting the one point a device to the proffesor. Buneary uses pound [1d20] = 5 [2d6+18] = 12+18 = 30

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:48 am

Syana sends out her newly-acquired Venipede in a flash, shouting: "NO TIME TO EXPLAIN: SHOOT NEEDLES AT THAT POKEMON!", as she points at the white-coated pokemon.

Syana: Sends out Venipede, Uses Brutal Training

Venipede: Uses Poison Sting on the evolved pokemon: (Accuracy: 14, Damage: 23)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:06 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 am

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:43 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:48 am

They are viable. I just didnt think you would target them. :lol: Also make me a pokemon edu check to tell what pokemon they are please.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:25 am

3 :roll: Great, that's probably not even good enough to go "The purple thing is probably a poison type." Clearly Vince is going to be the "Punch first think later" kind of person, if only because of rolls. Eh, I'm going after an unlisted one anyway. It's going to be the greater threat and Roar works on any strength of pokemon.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:13 am

Okay. Roll focus for leo then please

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:33 am

My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

The white clawed creature, as fast as lightning strikes true against the proffessor and his tentacruel. The masked villian continues to point the strange gun like device at the professor, pressing various buttons on the machine before firing at it. Both the professor and his tentacruel scream in unison, obviously in pain.

Callum does a magnificent dance and manages to stun grunt 1. Cocoa nods to her master and is ready to punch the daylights out of the masked villian but is stopped by the giant purple monster, leaving it barely injured. The purple monster grunts at them and bellows out a huge roar, which the scared bunny runs back to her master's pokeball.

Vince, angry at the grunts slashes at grunt 2, leaving him injured. The grunt 2 holds it's face. "Ow what the fuck. Fine. See how you like your eyes! Needles, KILL."
"Um...Actually we are only supposed to leave them barely concious Lilith."
"Steve, this is not the time for this. Do something useful for a change and stop helping the enemy! You got me in trouble last time because of your shenanigans!"
Needles or the purple rabbit pecks at Vince, dealing 19 (24) damage.

Leo then roars at the purple monster, whom bellows back at it, it's voice much louder than the growlithe's leaving it a bit intimidated. Spines attacks the evolved pokemon, leaving it barely damaged.
The tentacruel screams in pain, not able to do much else. Lilith glares at Vince and she spits in his eyes. The grunt spits acid in his eyes, dealing 21 (26) damage. She then lets out a large purple snake. "Now would be agood time to use some magic or something Steve."
"Um...Okay. Oh great Arceus I summon thee here today to aid us in our endeviour. Let your light shine. I choose you, Arceus!" Steve lets out an.... orange fish.
Lilith facepalms. "Really? Really Steve? You are suck a dork. I meant actual magic."
"Oh um...but...wouldn't they hurt me? Like they did you?" Nervous, Steve releases a tiny ball of fire, which does not even come close to a trainer. The white coated pokemon hardens.

The professor looks at the masked villian horrified, stuck on something, barely able to speak. "What. did. you. do.?"
"Now now now professor don't over exert yourself. That just isn't healthy for you two."

White Claw (25)
"Arceus" (15)
Masked Villian (15)
Callum (15)
Cocoa (15) (returned)
Purple Monster (15) barely injured
Vince (10) (8/48)
Purple Rabbit Needles (10)
snake (10)
Leo (9)
spines (9)
Tentacruel (8) injured
Syana (8)
Grunt 2Lilith (7) injured
Grunt 1Steve (5) (-1 ac)
White Coat (3) +1 def
Professor (5) injured
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:15 am

Hearing the grunts talk amongst themselves, Callum starts spinning back towards the proffesor raising his speed, and sp. atk along the way.

Using Natural turn
Speed and Sp. atk raised 1 combat stage

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Are you sure? There is multiple enemies nearby the professor, the white creature with claws is right by him, and the large mouthed purple monster is kinda in the way. Pretty sure it's a large creature. I need to check when i get back to my pc