Pokemon: Darkness Awakens OOC thread (Now recruitting)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Pokemon: Darkness Awakens OOC thread

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Already? I suppose Buneary are rabbits, after all, so it makes sense that they mature quickly.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:43 pm

I'm a bit confused. My Poison Sting on the pokemon sheet does 1d8+6. On this new sheet it does 1d6+3?
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Hmm...Okay i may have to look into that tomorrow. I think it did not caculate stabs.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 pm

It's actually because of the fact they're the only pokemon that learn frustration and return via level up. Buneary evolves through friendship in the video games, so the move is a comment on how much they like you, but in the ptu they just made it lvl 10.

Also sorry about messing up your character name, that's what I get for trying ro spell it from memory.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Huh. Those two are going to be strange moves to handle, without a trainer to have loyalty to.

Edit: Yeah, it's definitely a matter of STAB with the damage problem. I didn't think to make sure the DB calculation was looking at the right place for the pokemon types, which I've now fixed. You could either copy the sheet again or go to the DB sections and look for the $Q$43 and $Q$44, and change those to $S$36 and $S$37, respectively. That should solve the problem.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:22 am

Thanks Dlover.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:20 am

Eh, I was meant to check the moves anyway. I just corrected my mistake.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:53 am

So, I'm guessing he's some sort of ancient... What're the turtles with plants of their back? Torterra?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:12 am

Close but not quite. He is a giant type shifted (Grass) carracoasta. And by giant i mean giant, he is probably the size of two or three wailords.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:17 pm

... I shouldn't have checked which pokemon I was referring to. Originally I had the name Tirtouga in my head, but checked and realised it wasn't what I was thinking of. If I'd not checked and realised I was wrong I would have been even more right. >:-P
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:19 pm

...I am trying my hardest to be good and wait for everybody to post incase they have additional questions or interpretations. Dlover's interpretation is not fully correct if correct at all :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:43 pm

I wouldn't expect to understand completely.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Seems trials may be a length process, at least in play time. Burns and I have worked through a few steps of it via PM to speed things up so you don't have to wait around through a dozen updates. I'll leave details up to Burns to reveal, though.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 am

Hey if they want to do trials, they can do trials.

Now which trials do you want? There is one per element (except nuclear)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:11 am

Normal would work best for me.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:01 am

If I was to do a trial, I'd take probably Bug.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:02 am

Are you sure narv? You are still burned

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:34 am

I know. I'm sure.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:29 pm

After narv tells me which way he is going or In about 2 days, whichever comes sooner i will update

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Here is Mary, Ninetails and Vulpix version.
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:31 am

Xeremede (scorpion fly)
Poison/Nuclear
diet: omnivore
I saw something amazing today, a whirlepede evolved into a different type of pokemon. They have a blade on thier tell which seems to pierce even through steel itself, facinating. It seems to eat anything it can get it's claws on.
► Show Spoiler
Atomoun (Destructive Canine)
fire/nuclear
diet: carnivore
These canine creatures are capable of creating massive explosions when threatened and cannot run. Despite it's large size and aggressive appeal, some are docile.
► Show Spoiler
Vorbit (Vorpal Rabbit)
fighting/nuclear
Diet: Carnivore
One of the most adorable nuclear pokemon i have come across in my travels. They seem to prefer solitude. For some reason other nuclear pokemon avoid them. As I draw- ahhhh! It's got my neck! *movement then static*
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:25 pm

So... I guess Vince isn't going to finish learning to fish. It's either that or not be with the other two.
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 am

Yeesh, my bad, guys.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:13 am

Eh, no going back now. We won't actually have to fight him any time soon, so if we avoid bringing up touchy subjects again we'll find a way to smooth it over eventually. Or, the two of you can. Mewtwo clearly doesn't like Vince much, and he isn't much of a charmer to begin with, so he'll be there for emotional support when you need it, and to bash heads as necessary. :confetti: o:)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

What were you expecting to happen runs?
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edits