Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:02 pm

"I can check, but I don't want to do anything too strenuous. Making the barrier at the wind tunnel took a lot out of me and I want to be more careful or I may get myself hurt." Julius looks around using mage sight (tm) as he surveys the area.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:38 am

Julius can't see any signs of enchantments in place.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 am

"It seems to be fine."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am

"Oh cool! Look at that!"

Olly takes a break from constantly prodding his arm and scampers over to the stone to look at it, and of course, touch it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:16 am

Julius gives a sigh and facepalms after Olly seemingly not learned his lesson about touching strange things.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

((hey, Julius said it was fine!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:19 am

(He said it seemed to be fine! :p And Julius is just being a bit paranoid.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:41 am

The stone under Olly's hand is smooth, but firm, and warm to the touch from the sun's rays. It otherwise feels unremarkable.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:06 pm

"So, you are saying that one day after you did repairs in Mister Carver's house, he happened to come across you in that tavern, demanded that you give 'it' back and when you didn't - because you have nothing to give back - he started a fight with you?
May I also ask what kind of work you did in Mister Carver's house, like which room or rooms where the pipes located in? Is it common for enchanted pipes to break down? What is the average service lifespan of such a pipe? How does one go about fixing them? I hope you'll excuse my barraging you with questions, but I am quite fascinated with magical items and such." Loki
continues to try and get a bit more information out of Jules, both verbal and mental/emotional.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:13 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
((Are you three going to do anything? Set up camp nearby?))

Loki
"Indeed I am. I never had any possession of his." As Mr Jules gives his answer, Loki can feel a slight swelling of the smugness, and a little irritation, presumably at having what he had just said require clarification.
The questions which followed, on the other hand, prompted a pulse of uncertainty, "Why, I was hired to restore the plumbing to his kitchen. With access to the house, I checked that the pipes within the room were undamaged, then moved to the yard where they were connected. There I had a subcontractor excavate where the pipe was to be found and follow it along until we found where the damage was located. If you wish to know, the damage was slightly beyond the fence around his yard. If you were to check for freshly turned soil you would see as much, I'm certain." Though his voice is level and the words come smoothly, his face an expression of pure friendliness, a faint glimmer of concern is present beneath it all.
"As for the questions of my business... I don't like to offer up trade secrets, but I can tell you that the pipes should go undamaged for well over a decade unless something in particular damages the runes. Plants with rough roots, somebody digging and striking the spot, these sorts of matters."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:30 am

((Oops! Sorry!))

Olly will circle through the stone, looking for any marks on it at all. If it's all just smooth stone, he'll say as much to the others.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:39 am

((Yeah, think it's passing the sniff test so far, so camp sounds good to me. Korga will run Olly through checks again to see how numbness and crystalline arm is doing.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 am

(Camp is fine by me)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 am

Olly moves through and around the stone, declaring to the others that it appears perfectly smooth all around.
With the area seeming secure, the trio begin setting up camp, with Korga checking over Olly's arm again. The crystallisation has retreated below his elbow, roughly a third of the distance to his wrist having returned to normal. That area seems to be as sensitive as would be expected, but the crystallised areas are still relatively numb.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 am

Now that it seems like his arm isn't going to be permanently damaged by the crystallisation process, Olly will be slightly disappointed that it's wearing off.

"Aw... I was kind of hoping it wold stay like that. My brothers would have gone nuts!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:17 am

"Well, maybe you can show them some of the drawings I did of it. Not nearly as... envious, but still captures some of the strangeness of it!"

Korga would like to take a closer look at the ring as they set up camp, if Julius is willing, have him probe it to see if it has any magical nature that can be discerned.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:19 am

(Julius checked earlier, there was no magic, at least none that he could tell.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:21 am

((Ah, thanks, I couldn't remember.))

Korga eventually puts the ring on, perhaps infected by Olly's exuberant disregard for caution.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:07 am

Olly laughs

"Oh man, you DREW it?! That's awesome! You'll have to show them this when we get back cos they'll NEVER believe it!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 am

Korga shows Olly her anatomical sketches of his arm in her notebook, along with her observations of the progression and symptoms.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:33 am

"That's so cool!"

Olly will help set up camp, very clearly delighted that their adventure is being documented.

"Man, this is the MOST FUN trip! Where are we going to next, Korga?"

((He doesn't want to ask Julius because Julius wants to go home and Olly is just going to keep pretending that's not an option he'll ever have to face. Ever.)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:37 am

"Well, let's lay out our options and discuss it?"

((GM, help! Olly put me on the spot, and I forget what's what!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:51 am

(( :lol: ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:47 pm

"I've been documenting it myself, has some interesting magical properties that I want Marie's opinion on Maybe we can compare notes later, when its safe.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:55 pm

"Hopefully Marie doesn't want to remove and preserve it for further study.", Korga says with mock seriousness before grinning at Olly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler