Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 am

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:27 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius takes particular interest in the bird-man demonbeast before joining the others at the giant statue, where Olly is trying to work out as much as possible from the statue. The forelegs are nowhere near as large as the rear, so it can be assumed that they provide driving force on the land, but it's hard to tell whether the wings are strong enough to provide lift or are just for balance. Searching closer, Olly can't find any gaps in the tightly packed scales, though with the statue being made of stone he can't determine what those scales are really like.

Loki
"Well... We don't have the full story. This guy doesn't seem to be saying much, and the other is saying less. There's no knowing how long it would take to get a coherent sentence out of them, and while we could keep the unconscious one at a single table in the back of the room, having a man seething with anger would be... We could try contacting some guards to make sure this fellow has shelter tonight, and they can hear him out in the morning, help sort out any personal problems. And we can keep the unconscious one here to ask him about it when he wakes up, or send him with the guards too so they can get the full story... To be honest, I'm not great with these situations, I normally just intimidate people into calming down or beat them down."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:01 pm

"This is awesome!!" Olly whispers to the others. "My brothers are NEVER going to believe the things we've seen out here!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Julius has a grin on his face, somewhat of a rairity in the past few days. "Nor would my parents. This is truely amazing. Whomever made these is incredibly skilled and god up real close to both beasts and demons." Julius studies the statue with Olly before he walks further to look at the other miscelaneous beasts and the 'humans' as well.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:11 am

"Is it... Is it possible that this was more than just someone being skilled? It sounds silly, but a great many things sounded silly before this job. Olly partly turned crystalline, could these be specimens collected and turned into statues?"

((Is there any history story about such a thing?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:19 am

"I am not sure, maybe that is the case, but the humans on the otherside do not look well, human. I doubt there are any human beast hybrids from however long sgo. And I am not sure how people would capture the flying beasts, espessially this Tyrant King. They would have to be extreamly powerful to do so."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:29 am

Risu leads the woman (sorry, did she give her name?) to the menagerie with the demonbeasts. She starts by feeding them and talking gently to them, while sending positive and friendly telepathic thoughts. "These are the beasts that we unfortunately can't have much hands-on interaction with, but I can possibly help you with further understanding of what makes these guys tick." She points out each of the various types, and some brief mention of their basic behaviours while being discrete about her ability.
"We have some other beasts that you can get a lot closer to, which I think you'll quite enjoy."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 am

spiderwrangler wrote:((Is there any history story about such a thing?))
There are old stories about a creature called a "Petrice," said to turn living things to stone by making eye contact, but it's considered a fairytale, with the description changing between tellers, from a woman with snakes for hair to a giant feathered creature with a snake for a tail. Some retellings say that the only defence is a mirror, some that the creature's tears are the only cure, or that only a blind person can survive an encounter. With so many variations on the story and no record of a person encountering such a demonbeast, nobody but children believe in its existence.

((For Synch, I'll have to go back and check whether she did, but I'm inclined to say she didn't.))
Yep, confirmed it, no name given.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:57 am

Loki sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. He still stays out of reach of the aggressive man and sends some more calming thoughts his way. "Alright, I guess have the guard sort them out is the most sensible thing to do, then. We don't know if the unconscious man did or did not do something to the angry regular. We also don't know if he passed out from too many drinks or if something else caused him to rest his head on the tavern table... And getting this guys here off the street is really for the best, I don't want him to start punching someone who doesn't know how to avoid it or to take it. Is there some way Jon can contact the guards, a runner maybe, or is there a guard station close-by? I could bring this one there and then have one of the watchman pick up the other one, while you stay here and keep an eye on the pub and also make sure the unconscious one doesn't bail, if he wakes up."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone is very excited for a moment, Julius moving on to study the other statues around the place, until Korga makes a disturbing proposal, which Julius does his best to disregard. Olly, though, knowing Allie's secret, knows that Julius isn't entirely right.

Risu
The woman listens intently as Risu goes through her explanation, watching how she handles the feeding, "It's a shame that we can't interact more directly with them, but I'm sure the Arena's rules are set by knowledgeable people. The cages are not ideal for study, but I suppose it is better than dead specimens... Very well, let us move on. What sort of beasts will we be approaching?"

Loki
Mac rubs his face for a moment, "Okay, watch this fellow for a moment, I'll see if Jon has a runner boy to send for a guard." Mac ducks into the bar for a minute, and a bit later a young boy scuttles out the door, taking off down the street at a surprising pace. A moment later Mac comes out again, "The kid will fetch a guard to take this guy to their post. We'll make sure the other guy doesn't go anywhere, in case he's the cause of the trouble. I'll head back inside to keep the customers under watch, come on in once this one's taken care of."
It takes a little while for the guard to arrive, and it seems Loki's constant calming pressure has worked to a degree. The guard does eventually arrive, a rather large man with a club on his belt, approaching Loki, "You there! I was informed there was a matter that required our attention in this area. Where is the disturbance?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 pm

How far are we into the room? Do we see a door? Any pattren to the human/beast hybrids?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:33 pm

The Tyrant King marked roughly the half-way point, and from here you can see an archway at the end of the hall. There's no pattern that you can make out.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Julius will continue to scribble various demons/beasts up to the end, deeming that the human hybrids are probably fake. Once he gets to the end of the hallway he looks into the next room briefly before going back to look at the beasts and demons.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Loki looks only briefly at the guard, to greet him, then turns his attention back at the angry customer, just in case he wants to fight some more, now that a guard is here.
"Yes, Jon hired me this evening to keep peace in his tavern and during my shift, this guy here had a little falling out with another one, who has passed out. That one is still inside, don't know if he's still unconscious. My partner is keeping an eye on him.
The one here tried to punch me, but he seems to have calmed down somewhat in the meantime. He kept screaming and at some point he said the other one 'ruined everything', whatever that means. Would you be so kind and handle that? It might be worthwhile to give them both in a - separate - room with a bed to sleep in, until they sober up and you can get some sense out of them, but I'm sure you don't need me telling you that."
he adds, with another smile.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone continues examining the statues, until reaching the end of the passage, which ends in an open archway, which Julius takes a moment to peer through, spotting a large glass pane, a small glass ball, and tools of some sort with his cursory inspection.

Loki
The guard nods, approaching the drunken man, "Understood, I'll take this one to a safe place and come back for the other, get everything settled in the morning. Come along lad, let's get you some water and a bed." Pressing a firm hand against the man's back, the guard leads him away, standing slightly behind him. When Loki heads back inside Jon waves him over and gestures to a chair at the bar, where the unconscious man is slumped onto the surface of the bar, "You handled that well, mate. Scuffles are nasty business, always breaks something. And while you could just beat the troublemaker, if some poor sod's being harassed he doesn't need a beating on top."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Olly continues to be fascinated by the statues.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 am

Loki looks around the tavern quickly upon his return inside to locate Mac, seeking at least eye-contact with him before following Jon's invitation.

He smiles and runs his fingers through his hair at the employer's praise, shuffling his feet slightly. "Thanks. Just trying to do my job."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone continues staring at the statues... Yep. Those are statues alright. Very unique statues, I assure you. If there were any descriptions left you would be receiving them right now.

Loki
Mac gives Loki a brief nod as he searches him out, standing against the far wall and keeping an eye on the tavern.
"Aye, and you're doing it better than some. You deserve some praise for that."

The rest of the night continues quietly, with a guard showing up after a dozen minutes to collect the unconscious man, nothing else happening until Jon declares closing time and the remaining patrons shuffle out into the night. As the last of the people leave and the staff set to cleaning, Mac approaches Loki, "Not too bad for a night of work, eh? Feeling up to heading back to the Arena tonight?"
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 am

Ok wanders up to Julius and looks into the room.

Can he get coffee close enough to see what kind of tools they are? He will if he can.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:47 am

((No coffee for Olly, sadly. I'm going to assume either you were in a rush or need some coffee yourself, though. :p))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 am

Julius sighs as Olly wanders into the next room and he follows him.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 am

Dlover wrote:((No coffee for Olly, sadly. I'm going to assume either you were in a rush or need some coffee yourself, though. :p))
Pahahaha! Ok that's a new one for the autocorrect! It was supposed to say "close enough". I've edited the post :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:53 am

Olly checks the next room as well, and decides to further investigate the tools. It seems there is an arrangement of chisels of varying width and shape, along with a wooden mallet. These are lined up on a table which, now that he's closer, Olly notices is standing near a lot of scratch marks on the ground.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:29 am

Julius looks at the scorch marks and looks around the room for anything out of the ordinary. "Olly, do not touch anything."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Scratch, not scorch. Or maybe scrape.
My game:

My characters: