Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Olly looks suddenly concerned, and laughs uncertainly.

"Heh... Yeah... So... Hey, how long do you think it'll take to disappear? It's going pretty quick, huh?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 pm

((I don't recall Julius examining the ring?
As for where you can go from there... I think you've now exhausted the places you've got clues about. The hermit told you about "cave" and "ground dents", both of which you've found at least an example of. So, you can keep heading east, south to explore the space between Letrua and the arc you've made so far, or further north, away from the country.))
Camp set up, everyone settles into a cheerful mood. Led on by this, Korga decides to slide the ring onto her finger. It feels like a perfect fit, securely covering her finger without squeezing. At the same time, there's a slight tingling sensation within her finger.

Olly and Julius, meanwhile, notice a gentle breeze picking up, ruffling at their hair and clothes.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:25 pm

"Aaaah... That's nice and cooling."

Olly fidgets with his crystalline hand for the millionth time and then decides to screw around with the campfire, testing to see if he can pick up burning sticks from the fire without burning himself (in the way that a normal human might try to touch something hot; he's not just going to reach into the centre of the fire and grab something super hot. ...At least not the first time!)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:33 am

Olly decides to do some more testing while he's still got the crystalline hand. A quick test reveals that he can feel the heat vividly, though thanks to his careful testing (Which is a surprising change), he doesn't suffer any notable burns.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Interesting." Loki places the tips of his index fingers onto his lips as he listens to Mr. Jules (and his subconscious).
Eventually, he removes the fingers and looks piercingly attentive at Mister Jules, asking: "So... with things being the way you found them... would you say it's possible that someone who wanted Mister Carver ill could have just dug a whole and damaged the runed pipe outside his property, in order to make Mister Carver's plumbing need repairs?"
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Korga takes off the ring, paying attention to odd tingles.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm

"Can I see that ring for a moment? I think it might be enchanted with some sort of air or wind magic."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 pm

"Sure."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Julius studies the ring to see if there are any runes on it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:06 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga removes the ring, and the tingling sensation fades as she does, along with the breeze. Consenting to Julius' request, she hands it over to him for examination. Checking the design, he can see intricate carvings along the inside of each segment. They almost seem like continuous lines, but there are very faint lines segmenting the symbols.

Loki
With Loki's question Jules meets his eye easily, though to Loki's senses there is an overflowing feeling of nervousness, "Hm? Normally it would be possible, but I saw no sign that there had been digging in that spot, nor anywhere else in the area, and to find the pipe's location without digging up a large area would require detailed knowledge of it, in the first place. Given that the entire street isn't dug up, I can't say there would be any sign of tampering."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:13 am

"It has some runes on it, but they are so small I can't guess as to what they do." He gives it back to Korga.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 am

"It felt... tingly when I put it on."

Korga puts it on again with Julius observing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:56 am

Julius returns the ring, and Korga puts it on again. The tingling returns, as does the gentle breeze, which she can't feel.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 am

((Is she able to see its effects?))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:15 am

Yep. Just doesn't feel it.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:38 am

"Ooh ooh! Try it on my crystal hand!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:44 am

Ignoring Olly's enthusiasm for the moment, she concentrates on the ring, trying to see if she can exert any control over the small gusts.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 am

Julius observes what Korga is doing, ignoring Olly's antics.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 am

With Korga focusing on the ring, the breeze becomes a little more... Stiff. The intensity picks up, but she doesn't seem to have fine control over it, nor can she mentally change its direction, though the direction does seem to turn to blow in the direction her hand is facing.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:33 pm

► Show Spoiler
"So, you're saying that only someone who knew where the pipe would be found and held some ill will towards Mister Carver would have been able to find and damage the pipe.
How does all that work, anyways? Do all people who have plumbing their own pipes from the source of clean water to their houses and from their houses to some particular place that the dirty water gets dumped, or are there bigger, somewhat centralized pipes for certain areas for both purposes from which the 'personal' pipes fork off of?"
Loki
digs deeper into Jules' knowledge about the fine art of plumbing.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 am

"Are you doing that with the ring!? Cooool!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm

"I.. think so!" Korga tries to send a small breeze at Olly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga points her hand - and thus the breeze- in Olly's direction, a gentle breeze tugging at his clothing.

Loki
Jules frowns slightly, a hint of irritation reaching Loki's senses, "Well, yes, that is indeed the case. But being that I saw no sign of digging in the area, that somebody also would have needed to be able to do the damage without overturning the soil."
The question to follow, as to the nature of the pipes use, causes an amount of discomfort with Jules, as the details of his job are pried out, "To less wealthy areas, where only one house is expected to have plumbing, individual pipes are used, as laying pipes which can handle a larger flow would be inefficient. In wealthier areas such as the Capital's noble district, larger primary pipes are used."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:06 am

"That might come in handy when our rations are down to just beans!", Korga chuckles.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:20 am

Olly looks blankly at her for a moment then snorts loudly as the penny drops and laughs.