Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Julius makes the glass superheated again before the creature moves, attempting to encase it's front paws in molten glass before releasing the enchantment.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:14 pm

The carionite scrabbles forward trying to get some traction on the glass as Julius tries to rework his capture attempt. The glass softens under the heat, bringing out a yelp from the carionite as its paws sink into the surface and become stuck just below the surface.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:22 pm

((I edited Korga's actions based on OP character info.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Julius then starts to attempt to scibe the arrows with a rune to have a gravity touch applied where when it harms a target the said target will be weighed down. The rune looks like a wieght of somesort, applied to the feather of the arrow and aims at the creature's head or neck.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Julius has some difficulty with marking the fletching of the arrows, as they bend under the pressure, but after a few moments he has a few arrows with the planned rune scrawled on them. Taking aim as the carionite struggles to break the glass around its feet, he fires at the beast, one arrows striking it in the shoulder and another piercing the side of its face. The creature trembles for a moment before the weight enchantments drag it to the ground, its collapse proving to be enough to smash the glass, but also enough to keep it from charging. As he watches his target collapse, Julius begins to feel a sickness in his stomach.

Julius: 99%HP [sickened]
Carionite: 77%HP [tangled, fallen, encumbered]
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Julius goes to where the arrow missed and grabs it before he runs around the beast and tries to fire at the leg of the creature before he shoots regular arrows at it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Julius hurries to where his third arrow landed, the ground seeming to shift slightly under his feet as he moves, but not significantly enough to hinder him, and scoops it out of the sand to reuse before noting that the fletching has been bent by the impact with the ground. It's probably not going to fly straight, but he tries anyway. By some miracle the damaged projectile tumbles through the air like some sort of drunk butterfly and thumps into the target, shortly followed by two in-tact arrows, one of which, in vast contrast to the damaged arrow, comes very close to landing in his own foot. The carionite struggles to rise, but with the effect of all three arrows weighing it down and the bolas tangling its front legs it doesn't seem able to.

Julius: 99%HP [sicked/7turns]
Carionite: 66%Hp [Tangled, fallen, encumbered]
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Julius runs infront of the creature, but not too close to the creature to be lashed at via tongue and shoots more arrows at it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:37 pm

One hit.
4 damage.
6 turns of sickness remaining.
Carionite at 62%HP.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:41 pm

Julius sighs at the slow pace this is going and sees if he can get to the creature without getting slashed by the tongue or tail if it has any. if it doesn't have a tail he goes for the hind leg but not getting closer until his question is answered. "Hey I have a question, if I inscribe a rune now can i put magic into it later? Or would i have to wait until this...sickness goes away?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:47 pm

The carionite tries to twist to face Julius as he walks around behind it, but cannot seem to go far, "You could add the energy later, just as a different enchanter entirely could do so, thus granting the rune his own intention. Is there something you think necessary to test on an immobile and incapacitated enemy?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 pm

"Well i heard that there is a way to make animated items obey someone. I want to see if i can apply it to this creature and see what happens." Julius starts to use his knife to carve a head silloette following another head silloitte.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:57 pm

"Interesting concept. Tor would disapprove of doing research without being paid specifically for it, but interesting. Continue."
5 turns. Shall we skip to recovery?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 pm

"Why would he?"

Yea lets skip. Julius foceses on making the effect of obedence so that when he applies it to the rine the creature hopefully follows commands. To test it out he goes close to the mouth but not close enough to get hit to taunt the creature to try to attack with it's tongue.
"no. Stop attacking." he carefully gets into the reach of the creature if it is a success to test it out leaving him room to back away if the creature attempts to attack. If it doesn't he looks at it wary of it but still gives it commands. "look up! Now look down."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:28 pm

"Because he doesn't get any money out of it. Somebody would offer to pay us to do the tests sooner or later, or he would trick them into thinking it was their idea so they would pay us, so he doesn't see why anything should be done for free."

As Julius steps around in front of the beast it begins lashing his tongue at him, paying no heed to its demands to stop, "Looks like controlling things isn't so easy when they're already controlling themselves. Or maybe it doesn't understand what you're saying."
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:16 am

Eavus waits for Korga's next attack to charge the Felid and take a swing with his warhammer.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:46 am

Korga & Eavus
Korga unleashes another hair of blades, with some more success this time as three of them strike home. Eavus follows her attack in, striking with his hammer as the Felid is focused on trying to evade the knives, giving him a chance to land a strong blow. The felid recognises the new threat, though, and retaliates with its front paws in an alarmingly fast barrage, and Eavus almost manages to evade all of its attempts to strike him, only being grazed by one large claw.

Eavus: 97% HP
Korga: 100% HP
Felid: 81% HP
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:02 am

Now that the fellow whose name she still hadn't caught was tangling with the beast up close, Korga pulls free her blades and dashes around to the side, hoping to catch it while its attention was still focused on him. She darts forward, striking at the base of the tail, seeking to sever some of the muscles that control its movement and take the venom out of the equation.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:56 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 am

Since Lar didn't really tell him that the fight was going to start when he was ready, Loki starts to inspect the weapons and armour pieces that are lined up the walls more closely. He doesn't grab anything with runes, but looks around what kinds of runes are available, humming absent-mindedly..
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:55 am

Eavus moves in for an all-in attack, doing his best to prevent the Felid from realizing Korga's ambush is occurring.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:05 am

Olly grunts at the pain in his leg and decides to press home him advantage, using his body weight to pin the creature underneath him. Remembering his wrestling, he straddles the creature, pinning it's legs and body between his knees and using his left hand pin the back of its neck and hold it to the ground. He keeps his right arm free and uses it to attack the creature. He does his best to avoid the tongue, but accepts that this sort of attack will probably, inevitably, cause him to take at least some form of attack. He tries to keep the brunt of the creature's attacks focussed to his arms and legs though, and tries to ensure his face doesn't get licked...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:50 am

Risu finds it hard going, and as she stops to regather her energy and catch her breath, she scans around Monty for any tall nearby tree.

((If one IS nearby, Risu leaps from her position into the branches of the tree, swinging on them like a gymnastics bar before pulling herself up. She finds climbing the stationery tree much easier going, having done so hundreds of times, and gains a great height until she is above Monty's back. Taking some more time to regather herself, she then leaps from the tree onto Monty's back.))

((If one ISN'T nearby, Risu waits until she gets a second wind and then makes another scramble up the leg and onto Monty's back.))
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:02 am

Korga & Eavus
Eavus mantains the momentum of combat, swinging his hammer wide to keep the felid occupied, landing a good blow as he does, keeping its attention from his partner as it strikes at him again, with more success this time, its fore paws pummeling his arms and legs with light, quick blows. While it is distracted, though, Korga manages to sneak behind the creature and strike at its tail, slashing through the muscle several times before it manages to twist away from her assault.

Eavus: 83%Hp
Korga: 100%HP
Felid: 52%HP [Tail attack hindered]
► Show Spoiler
Loki
As Loki begins examining the tools around him, the entrance bursts open and a woman stomps in, "Laaar! I'm bored, won't you-" Whatever she was saying cuts off as she spots Loki, "You have one too?! Everyone else gets a new kid to deal with and I'm left with nothing to do! Even you have one! You're not even teaching them or studying how they fight, you're just sitting around! Let me help. I'll be good." Lar gives the woman a withering look and turns away from her with a grunt. "I don't hear a no, so I'll take it as a yes." In a few moments she has made her way across the room and wrapped an arm around Loki's, "The sour grump has told you what you're fighting, right, what are going after?"
► Show Spoiler
Ollrith
Olly manages to pin down the Carionite and give it a pummeling, keeping it in a position where it cannot drink any more blood, but, as expected, the tongue whips out to strike at him, coiling around the arm holding its head, driving the spines through his skin, continuing to writhe and tear and his skin and muscles. Bloody and painful, to be sure, but not causing serious harm.

Olly: 73% HP
Carionite: 43% HP [Pinned]
► Show Spoiler
Risu
Risu twists about as she scans her surroundings for a more stable place to climb, and decides a tree Monty has just stopped beside while tearing branches from another will prove useful for gaining height, though it looks as though any branches which would have allowed her to leap directly to his back have been torn off by his feeding. Nevertheless, with an agile leap, pushing herself away from the giant's leg as Gaul, watching from below, gasps, and a moment later she is in the lower branches and quickly making her way upward. At the highest point she can reach she turns and leaps back to Monty, keeping an eye on where she is going to land... If he were to stay still. As she is midair it seems he decides another tree looks more appealing and begins to turn toward it, oblivious of the small human's actions. With her target out of reach, Risu's landing isn't a soft one, but she barely manages to grab a handhold and slip safely onto a mostly level section of Monty's shell, a good ways above where she was and only a short way from his back, but battered and bruised for her efforts.
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:04 am

Pleased that he at least has the advantage for now, Olly ignores the pain in his arm and continues to hit the pinned creature.