Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:13 am

Julius turned to the one that attacked him. He drains the monsters life to make himself healty.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:27 am

Korga curses and switches to her karambits and slices into the one in front of her.

((D I guess) )
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:30 pm

((Want to try specifying the magic, Burns, or is it just going to be 'drain life'?))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Specify? Uhhh, okay.

Dark tendrails flow from Julius and take aim at the beast. When they strike they leech on and start draining from the beast like a bat, vampire or mosquito.

...is that better?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:39 pm

((Well, I was referring more to specifying how he constructs the effects, since that was the whole idea on how to limit the use of magic, but I'll get to work on making an update anyway, since a visual description can be used as how Julius pictures it working.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Having been flanked, the two backline fighters turn to face their threats as the battle rages on. Olly slams his claws into the large beast yet again, and as the creature sinks its fangs into his arm once more it collapses. Moments later, the Beast's partner lashes out again, its barbed tongue whipping at the large man painfully.

Korga draws her blades and strikes at the carionite nearest to her, leaving a pair of long gashes in the creature's side, the pain being enough to make it flinch away such that the bite to follow only scrapes against her, that reaction seeming to concern the creature's companion.

In the final scuffle, Julius tries to stretch out with magical tendrils to drain the life from one of the creatures assaulting him. The tendrils plunge into the carionite's body, causing it to yelp loudly, and moments later they start draining from it... With a discomforting glugging noise. Julius' injuries close over to a degree, but at the same time a pain runs through his body from the point where the tendrils emerged. Seeing this opportunity, the two carionites strike again, working together to do significant damage.
► Show Spoiler
Combat:
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:48 am

Olly gasps in pain again and turns to face the new attacker, striking at it hard (until it's dead) before rolling out of reach and regrouping himself in a defensive stance.

((Basically fighting the second one that attacked him then "disengaging" from the others and "dodging"))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 am

Julius pulls out the teleport rod and targets one of them that is attacking him and makes the destination farther away. He runs and hides behind Olly.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

► Show Spoiler
Loki smiles at Malis as they started leaving the room. "Excellent. Let me know when and were we can meet a plant expert."

He then proceeds to give what little information he got (verbally!) out of the two interviewed people to the guard - if he can find any willing to write it down for the files. If he doesn't have the information of who the digger was, he will ask the guards, to kindly relay that information to him (if available).

After that is done, he lays his arm around Malis' waist.
"So, what do you want to do next? I got to pick checking up on this, now it's your turn."
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:51 am

((I can't find anywhere that it was asked, but it's understandable that you would have thought it was, so let's say Loki asked and was given the address of the subcontractor.))

"I'll try to set things up as soon as possible." Grinning, Malis laces her fingers through Loki's as they leave the room, sticking close to his side.

Meeting with a guard back out in the lobby, Loki relays what he has learned, and though the young man behind the desk frowns slightly as he notes down the key points, he does make notes of them. "Our thanks for sharing this information with us. Running an investigation like this, anything can be a big help, so we'll be sure to make use of everything we can."

As they step outside and Loki loops an arm around Malis' waist, she leans against the tall man's shoulder, smiling up at him, "There's a little restaurant I'd like to introduce you to. It's not big, but the people there are good ones, and being small just means it won't be too crowded."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 02, 2019 4:47 pm

((Doh! I wrote a post from my phone, but doesn't look like it took!))

Korga flips out her karambits and lays into the enemy in front of her. ((Carionite D))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 02, 2019 10:02 pm

The struggle carries on as everyone fights for victory. Olly lashes out at the remaining carionite, leaving deep wounds in its sides, before backing away towards his companions. As he does, the beast, now without its partner and heavily injured, turns and runs.
At the same time, Julius manages to pull out his magic rod and gesture at the beast in front of him, calling out the targeting keyword before pointing out away from the action and sending the creature away into the long grass, though in his panic he's not exactly sure where he sent it. Left with one carionite lashing at his heels, the enchanter bravely runs to hide behind Olly.

Meanwhile, Korga is facing off against her own opponents, her blades leaving behind deep wounds, but she hardly comes out of the clash without serious injuries of her own.

Combat:
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 03, 2019 5:22 am

Olly bellows and charges the carionites around korga, slamming his fists into them and trying to give her space to back off and get her distance again.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 03, 2019 6:57 am

Loki smiles and nods happily. "That sounds good. Lead the way, if you would."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 03, 2019 11:14 am

If Olly gives her a chance to get away, she'll sick back and recall throwing blades, before spreading them among the remaining enemies.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 pm

In his panic over being hit, Julius points his rod and blasts the other carionate with it. Hopefully teleporting it far enough away to at least not hurt him anymore.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 03, 2019 8:07 pm

"Can you send them up? "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 03, 2019 10:34 pm

"No, I cannot. Unfortunally."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 am

"Hmmm... is it a conservation of kinet-- nevermind, a discussion for another time..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 am "Hmmm... is it a conservation of kinet-- nevermind, a discussion for another time..."
((FYI, whatever color this is is completely invisible on the green forum style :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 22, 2019 9:51 am

((It was muttered under her breath then!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 22, 2019 10:56 pm

((Pistachio green, I'd call it.

Also, I should actually say that it'll be a bit longer before I can update. The assignments just don't stop coming oh gods save my sanity.))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 am

((That's fine, figured that was the case, but realized is kind of left or mid conversation with J.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 26, 2019 6:12 pm

"Hmm? No? It had something to do how powerful the enchantment is and how many it can hold. And it can't hold any more."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:22 am

► Show Spoiler
Olly, Korga, Julius
Olly gives a roar as he charges the carionites harassing Korga, colliding hard with Carionite C, claws digging deep as he drives it away from his companion, who manages to evade the remaining target and withdraw to a distance. Recalling her daggers, Korga splits her attention between the three remaining carionites, which proves more difficult than expected as only two of her five blades make contact, one striking each Carionite C and D.

Julius, in a panic, flails his magic rod in the direction of the remaining carionite near him, thinking only to blast it away while seemingly forgetting all of a sudden how the tool works. Though the rod is indeed powerful magic, it seems that it does nothing without the correct process, as the flailing achieves nothing.

Carionite B continues to flee, disappearing into the grass.
Carionite C, having been charged by Olly, turns upon its attacker, biting into his thigh even as the venom from his claws wracks its body. Meanwhile, Carionite D turns to give aid to its companion, snapping at Olly's flanks.

As Julius waves his wand around ineffectively, Carionite F lashes out at him with its tongue, though it seems his flailing does at least dissuade the beast, as it barely makes contact with him.

combat:
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Malis wraps an arm around Loki's hips, sticking close to him as she leads the way through streets, weaving comfortably through the crowd, which gradually thins the further they go, while the streets narrow slightly at the same time, getting narrower as they reach farther from the main thoroughfares. After a while there are only occasional passersby, and as they round a corner a small courtyard comes into view, fenced in with a storefront, small circular tables to seat two to four spaced around the area, each table sporting an umbrella.

Heading for an opening in the fence, Loki's companion gestures to a board listing several forms of cakes and sweets, as well as coffee and tea. "It's not the widest selection, but there are only two cooks, after all. We'll have to go inside to order." Once Loki has made his decisions, Malis heads inside with him, speaking up to a woman behind the counter, greeting the woman and introducing Loki as their orders are written down and a small sign with a large one printed on each side is handed to them. As the woman sticks her head into a back room, Malis heads outside again, taking a seat and gesturing to another for Loki, setting the sign on their table.

Pausing for a moment, she meets the large man's eyes, "I've been thinking for a bit now, but tell me. Why are you interested in this matter with the theft? What is it that pushes you to get involved in something that professionals should be handling?" Though the young woman's eyes are steady, and her expression even, Loki's sixth sense easily picks up on more; while some may think poorly of interfering with such matters, he can feel a strong pride directed at him, mixed with softer undertones of happiness.
My game:

My characters: