Hunters of Letrua OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Sorry, I kind of had been taking a back seat, as I didn't have any good ideas about the puzzling room we are in. I'm fine with you resuming posting, and will get a bit more caught up now that the summer semester is over and be more active.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:28 pm

I was a little concerned that might be the case. I didn't design the place too well, so it doesn't have a whole lot for a group to do. It's almost done with, though.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 am

:oops: yeah, nice weather had me distracted pretty good.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:38 am

No worries, no worries, everyone gets distracted now and then.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Guys, I dunno if that's the reason for the game not having updated since 10th of August, but maybe you should decide which structure you would like to explore next?
It's worth a try, so please and thank you. :)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:09 am

There isn't really an indication of specific locations they can visit, the delay's on me, sorry.

Uni started up again a few weeks ago now, and it's been... Well, I've got time to make brief posts in other games, but I'm just not feeling up to putting the usual hour or two into updating. I could find the time, but when I think about doing it I just feel guilty about not working on assignments. Doesn't really help that I feel guilty about not putting out any updates, either. >.>

There are a couple of particularly busy weeks coming, but once that's past we'll see if I can work up the energy to get it going.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:22 am

Sorry to hear that, Dlover, and please don't feel pressured to update here.
The reason I wrote my previous post is: I just read the last couple of posts and one of the characters said something along the lines "where do we go now?" and another replied with "I'm fine with any of these choices" or something to that extent, which would leave you (the kind GM) kind of hanging in mid-air about where the group actually wants to go.
Sorry if I misinterpreted anything.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:35 am

Nah, I never really gave the clearest indication of their surroundings, to my memory, and the plan for a while now has been to make an arc through uninhabited land, so if there are no specifics I can just say they're generally heading west.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:12 pm

So I should actually say this where everyone can see it; I'm in exam season right now, and there are a couple of classes which I'm going to have to work particularly hard for, so I've been trying to keep away from things that will distract me for more than a few minutes, so it'll be a few weeks yet before I get any updates out.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:31 pm

No worries at all. Good luck with the exams!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:25 am

Wishing you success with all your exams. :)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Good to hear you're back and doing better, Gathers. Unfortunately, Hunters will probably be coming to an end, since my own lack of inspiration seems to have dropped us to two players, including you.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm here if you are!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Me too!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Me three!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Huh, I'd thought only having Korga post (and now Gathers) meant there was no interest. I guess there's just nothing much to be doing, though? If that's the case, I can push for an update where the group just starts out on the last leg of their eastward travel?

Iiiin other news, apparently the map with my notes on it got corrupted and the bottom quarter is now blank space. That's a pain. Gonna have to remake that. >.>
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Sounds good. Olly wants to stay out in the wilds as long as possible, but he's ready to go home and see his family and stuff.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:19 pm

I think folks were just holding back on stacking posts up when you weren't ready to pick things up?

I've enjoyed the venture, but think it's time to return to city and our supposed real jobs for a bit?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Julius wants to go back to the city, as fast as possible.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm going to be honest and say I remember that Loki was investigating something about the two brawlers in the tavern. One of whom is a plumber and a culprit who most likely stole something from his client, while the other was a jeweller supposed to be repairing some heirloom of the very same client and that piece ended up among the stolen item(s) and was blamed for it.

I'm also going to say that I'm kinda out of my depth trying to find out more. I know Loki has a good idea that the plumber is guilty, but it's going to be hard to prove anything, and I have no idea what else he could do.
Any pointers (from GM or co-players) would be appreciated. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, Dlover: How did your exams go?
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Sorry Gathers, I'd stopped reading most of Loki's updates, so I don't have any potential insights to share!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:36 pm

no worries, spiderwrangler, I likewise tended to only glance at what the others were up to as well. so no need to be sorry.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:35 pm

The thefts actually occurred in the jeweler's house, and while he wasn't officially accused of selling the items he was meant to be repairing, he has lost the trust of his clients as a result. For pointers... Well, first I'll sum up the points I remember being shared. You know:
  • The jewelry was supposedly kept in a safe with a high quality lock, so delicate work would be needed to pick the lock.
  • Working with plumbing requires working with enchanted pipes and not damaging the runes, but isn't the most delicate work.
  • The plumber, Jules, hired a worker to handle the digging for him.
  • Deliberately damaging the pipes to cause a repair job would have required detailed knowledge of where the pipes were laid when the jeweler's house was first set up with plumbing.
  • The damaged pipe to be replaced was located outside of the jeweler's property.
  • Jules said that his digger had to follow the pipe line outward from the house to find the damage, and that there was no sign of digging prior to his repairs. If he's guilty, there's no guarantee that's true, but it's quite difficult to confirm.
  • Jules was nervous when asked whether the pipe may have been intentionally damaged, but showed no outward signs of it, so only Loki noticed.
  • It was noted that plants with rough roots could do damage to the pipes.
Considering everything... Without giving away his ability, the primary options I can think of would be investigating whether anybody noticed digging in the area before the event or remembered any plants being there, or looking into the subcontractor he hired for the digging.
Well, there's another detail I can connect, being the one who's building this scenario, so spoiler in case you want to try picking up on it yourself;
► Show Spoiler
Aaaaand as a result of that one, taking spoileryness one step further;
► Show Spoiler
Also keep in mind that the city's guards are investigating, so any ideas to investigate could be shared with them to let the people with experience help follow up.

As for exams... They went well enough. The one that I was putting most of my time into studying for I got exactly a passing grade, so there's no doubting that taking that break for studying was the right idea. Though I feel like I may have technically not had a passing grade and just been bumped up to it since I was close, considering it was exactly a passing grade.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 am

I don't remember Jules mentioning a contractor who did the digging for him. Ofc that person would be interesting to question as well. Did Jules happen to give a name on that, too?
And thanks for spoilering the information, I didn't look at it. Yet. ^^

It's very possible that Jules used some pipes with... planned obsolescence as they call it nowadays, IF he was the person who installed them there in the first place. Or his predecessor could have. I'm very much assuming that Mr. Carver doesn't live there since only yesterday and that he is well known for what he does, so criminal elements would know his house to be one that's worth robbing.

But yeah, Loki would probably go back to Mr. Carver at some point to ask to be shown the area where the pipe was damaged, to see for himself... whatever is there to see.

And he does plan to share his information with the city guards at some point, too. I haven't decided yet if he'll do so right away or only once he actually knows something worth telling. I'll have to see.

But thank you very much for the refresher. :)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:07 am

The subcontractor was mentioned in one of the early posts with questioning him, though it wasn't brought up again, so it's easily forgotten. Heck, there may even be details I'd forgotten about. Searching 'jules' gave me a fairly good list of posts, though.
My game:

My characters: