The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:06 am

*The allure of the Female Form*
"Hi! Wow how did you change into a human? I am not sure about the gods if they led me here or not, but my name is Azabik, what is yours?" Azabik said, his eyes running over the female stalking towards him. The female dragon practically purred at him. "You can call me Alyssa. Have you never seen a dragon use transformation magic? Oh, my dear, you are in for a treat. So, what's a guy like you doing in a place like this?" When she finally reaches him, she sits on her haunches and stares at him as if consuming him with her eyes.

*Sword of Wonder*
Tha'kzrel is visibly angered by the mention of DragonHearts as an ingredient of the swords, so much in fact that Edward takes a cautious step backward, raising his hands in case he needed to defend himself. But Tha'kzrel's response was not anger toward him, but rather anger toward this wizard and he sends a mental image of him freeing them from the kings oppression. Tha'kzrel pauses to reflect the past, and remembers the sword of power, lying in the throne room within the depths of the cave, he impresses on Edward and Scarlet to follow him. Edward turns to his son, wife and other children and instructs them on how to continue with the fence before following him, scarlet had already ran up alongside him, staring up at him with stars in her eyes. He led them up into the cave and down the long staircase of dragon sized stairs, though a smaller set existed in the center which the kobolds must have carved for themselves to make the way easier. When they reached the bottom, which took a bit longer for his human companions, he led them through the large chamber filled with 100's of twinkling candles and torches which lit up the enormous room. Scarlet and Edward, having not come down here before now were staring up at the vastness of the chamber, eyes bulging out of their heads as they stared agape in wonder. It took a little encouragment from Tha'kzrel, but they finally followed him into the throne room of dragons, an equally impressive, but smaller room. The room was mostly as Tha'kzrel had last seen it, except for having been cleaned and lit by the kobolds. He hadn't looked around the chamber as well as he would have liked, and now that it was lighted up, he could finally see the room in its entirety. The walls were covered in exquisite carvings of dragons telling story upon story of events that happened so long ago that only the ancient dragons would remember them.

There, in the center of the floor, in front of the dais that had served as the late dragons throne, lay the sword, exactly where it had fallen from the hands of his undead minion.

*New Life*
As the tree growth comes to an end, Sapphire tries to inspect the inside, but the entrance is more sheep sized than dragon sized and she is unable to do so. She encourages the sheep to go inside by gently pushing them in the direction of the entrance. They are somewhat frightened by the new appearance of a tree that wasn't there before, but they give in to her persuasion efforts and go inside. They return after a few moments and bleat happily at her before walking out and starting to graze on the long grass once again. Sapphire reaches out her mind to the tree as she did before, but this time, when she connects to it, it's a different feeling than before. Instead of the Ancient tree-being that she had sensed before, she sensed one that was newly born and yet still connected to the others but it was this sense that by her planting the seed, she had helped give helped the birth of a new sentient tree and that all of the seeds in her wooden satchel were in fact eggs, waiting for a chance to be planted and born. This must be why Willow had insisted that it was better for them to be planted in places with higher concentrations of magic, because if these trees were actually alive and they fed on the magic of the world.....her mind had a mini-meltdown as she considered the ramifications of everything she had just discovered. She calmed herself long enough to see that she could indeed look through this tree to the other two that existed, including the fact that she could now "sense" the details of the inside of the tree she had just planted. When she finally pulls her mind from the tree, it is already afternoon and she feels slighted drained as if she had exerted herself.

I am going to start tracking your timelines separately, but I would like to keep a max. distance of 3 days between all players, the furthest behind will be identified by the lack of +# Day notation.
Times:
Gathers: +1 Day, afternoon
Spider: +1 Day, Morning
Burns: +1 Day,
Pat, Quarg, Thinks: afternoon

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:22 am

Tha'kzrel gives them a moment to soak in the majesty of the room, then, settling himself on the dias, extends a claw to point at the blade on the ground, sending a thought image to them that carries a thread of caution and inquiry, conveying that this sword has great power, having been used to kill the former dragon residing in these caves. He questions Saberhagen-Edward if he recognizes the blade as one of the Saberhagen set, and if so, what he knows about it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:06 am

"Well I hope you got what you wanted but your time is about up in that smaller form and we need to get to the top of the cliff before it wears off, might be quite difficult to find room to start a flight down here without damage. "

Hurrying off back to the ascender Winter shoes Cyrano a bit knowing when his father says one hour it's normally one hour exact.

After any near misses of regrowing Winter returns to the main hall to see who is about.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Azabik shifts uncomfortably. "I-I am looking for sky sorrow, for something urgent. I have been told the way to there is eden."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:24 am

*History in the finding*
When Edward and Scarlet had finally finished staring up, Tha'kzrel motioned at the sword, which still lay where it had fallen. Edwards eyes lit up with wonder as he rushed over and then stopped just short of the sword, as if afraid to touch it. He used a dagger, which had been strapped to his side, to push the sword around, and looked at the blade without touching it. "You'll notice that I'm not touching the blade, this is because the blades have been rumored to have a mind of their own, some of which are strong willed enough to force you to do things you don't wish to do." Finally, with some skill and luck, Edward managed to flip the blade over. With the tip of his blade he pointed to an inscription on the sword with ran horizontal with the blade. "Heart-Seeker" Edward read the blade over and over several times before sitting back on his haunches and thinking. "This is one of the Dragon-Swords, which were made with one purpose in mind, the ability to kill a dragon, though all with horrible consequences to doing so. This one took the life of the wielder, but it could not be stopped once it found it's target. It takes a hero willing to die for a cause to wield such a blade." Edward stood again, placing his blade back in its sheath. "My father told me many stories of the blades, many that I don't recall, but one that I do was that the power in the blade was directly caused by the dragon whose heart was in the blade. If you ask me, you should destroy it."

*Times Up*
Once Cyrano had asked his questions and gotten the answers he sought (retro-active as needed), Winter coaxed him back to the mountain with words of warning about taking on his true-shape in the crowded village. Hurrying back, winter and cyrano boarded the ascender, which was balanced with the descender so that when one rose, the other fell, but when the riders left it, would return to their places. Rising up the mountain took a matter of moments and sooner than it seemed, they were reunited with the king & Queen, and Krazk and Puck and Will who had waited patiently for them to return. The transition back into their true-self was awkward at first, as the world suddenly became small again and the two dragons had to wait a few moments for their minds to adjust to their surroundings and their heads to stop spinning before trying to move.

*Personal Space*
Alyssa's eyes go wide at his mention of Sky-Sorrow. "Oh, the city in the sky, I've always wanted to visit, father told me so many stories of the city, too bad it's lost. The great continent, or Eden, as the humans call it, can't take you to Sky-Sorrow. My father says that only the dwarves know where it is, but even in their sky-ships they are unable to reach it. What's so Urgent that you need to go there, are you sure you can't stay awhile?" She purrs as she edges closer to him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:29 am

Tha'kzrel sends an image of the blade surviving the detonation and conflagration that ensued when it was drawn forth, with the inquiring thought asking how destruction of the blade might be achieved.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:53 am

"It is a path I must go on, to protect ones close to me. I worry that you may get hurt. Just point me in the dirwction of Eden and I will get out of your scales." Azabik looks downward and sighs. "if....if you really want to know.....cast detect magic or detect evil on me....."

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:04 am

Looking to Cyrano and Krazk

"Well I hope you both enjoyed your experiences, I'm sure mother and father have enjoyed the meeting of fellow dragons, I know I sure have." He looks lingers a bit longer at Krazk enjoying her dragon form. Then he remember the little folk.

"and I do hope both you two have enjoyed your visit. You must be learning so much. What are your future plans everyone? Will you be staying in DrakTero long? I'm sure we can accommodate you for a while if need be."
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:56 pm

This week is crazy busy for me, I will get an update in when it's possible.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:25 am

Sapphire smiles at knowing the sheep being a little safer now, and decides to curl up for now and rest a little. A nap in the afternoon sun sounds lovely right now.

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:34 am

*Unmaking the Unbreakable*
Edward listens intently as Tha'kzrel describes what had happened to the blade. "It would seem that since it was forged by great magic, it would need to be unforged by magic as well. The dwarves are very well versed in the making of fine blades, it could be that they know the secret to destroying such an artifact, other than that I cannot say."

*Personal Stalker*
Alyssa appeared confused by his lofty words of protecting his friends and family and of this great evil which he supposedly had within him. "Evil is not a tangible thing, it is a choice that we make. If you say you have evil within you, then you must be under a curse, you poor thing." Alyssa moved closer to Azabik, and curled her tail around his body. "I will take care of you in any way I can, but...to get to Eden, I'm not sure if you could make the flight on your own, it is a long journey from the northeastern tip of our lands and it is fraught with danger. Come with me, back to my fathers house, he will know how to help you."

*Sheep-Napper*
Sapphire, tired after such a long day, smiles at the sheep and the tree that had just sprouted and curled up to take a little nap.

*A conversation*
Having returned to the castle and finding their guests safely returned to their natural forms, Winter inquires about their experience and after taking one last longing look at Krazk turns to Will and Puck. The human sat in comfort upon a small bench facing a small round table, upon which was was a small marble board upon which were two sets of colored tokens. Puck, his small size keeping him from being able to sit on his own bench and still see the table was seated on the table, chin in hand. Just as Winter was about to speak, Will reared from the table, knocking the pieces aside while fiercely pointing at the small sprite and yelling "You cheater, I know you cheated, admit it!" Puck in reply merely stuck out his tongue at the human wizard and turned toward Winter who had approached them. Will eventually turned as well, still red in the face with anger, but this quickly left his face as Winter spoke to them both. "and I do hope both you two have enjoyed your visit. You must be learning so much. What are your future plans everyone? Will you be staying in DrakTero long? I'm sure we can accommodate you for a while if need be."

Will took a small moment to get himself together before starting to respond, only to be interrupted by Puck. "I was leading these wonderful folks to Sky-Sorrow, the youth here was eager for adventure when we found him and quickly joined." Will's jaw dropped as the sprite talked about and for him with no concern for what he might be thinking or feeling. "Don't speak for me, I can speak for myself thank you. The lovely Krazk there landed near my village and I offered to give them a speedy flight north, I seek my father who came this way long ago."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:52 am

Tha'kzrel is not certain if the Dwarves are another family like the Saberhagens with a history of swordmaking... without revealing too much of his ignorance, he asks Saberhagen-Edward to further tell him what he knows of the Dwarves.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 am

Krazk rolls her eyes at winter's staring, but enjoys the attention nonetheless.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:20 am

*The Dwarves*
Edward raised his eyebrows in disbelief, thinking that everyone knew about the race of short rotund men and women, but he kept his thoughts to himself so as not to be eaten on the spot. "The dwarves are a race of short rotund men and women. I've personally never met one, though I have heard that you can't always tell the men and women apart on account of the hair that they grow on their faces. Either way, the Dwarves are masters of the art of Blade making, it's possible that is where the wizard discovered the designs for the swords of power as this isn't the first time that such attempt was made to create artifacts. I've heard stories of several items of great power that were created long before the birth of mankind, though perhaps they are only myths and legends. I'm not sure where they live anymore, there used to be many of them long ago, perhaps they've retreated to their mountain homes." Edward pauses in his musing long enough to get back on track. "Ahem, anyways, I've heard that much like the elves, dwarven blades and armor will last hundreds of years without dulling or rusting, they are true masters of the craft, but then, they live a good deal longer too."

*Council of Kings*
The King and Queen look upon their guests for a moment before speaking "You obviously have not come to our wonderful lands for no reason at all, how may we help you continue on your journey?"

Times:
Burns: +1 Day, Morning
Pat, Quarg, Thinks: Evening
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:25 am

Azabik nods, head sown low as he follows Alyssa to her father, his lack of sleep starting to get to hi.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Tha'kzrel conveys the sense that it may be a while until they can consult with the Dwarves on how to destroy the blade, and suggest that perhaps in the meantime, once Saberhagen-Edward's forge is up and running, he could fashion some form of enclosure it could be sealed within for the time being.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 am

*Take Off*
Azabik agrees to follow Alyssa back to her father. With nothing more than a seductive wink, she jumped skyward and turned NorthWest. Reluctantly, not having any fight left in him and the sleep deprivation starting to get to him, Azabik followed, unsure of what he would find wherever it was he was going.

*Iron Cage*
Tha'kzrel doubts he might run into a dwarf anytime soon, and he conveys his thoughts to Edward. He then asks about whether it would be possible to create a chest or another enclosure of some type that could be used to keep the sword out of dangerous hands, at least for the time being. The thought of banging on his anvil made the large man smile "You've brought me all of my forge equipment, now I just need a place to work and I can create something, yes." Edward paused to look around the room again, before leaving to walk across the expanse of the great hall, stopping at the far end in front of the chasm which stretched far down into the earth, before turning and walking back. "If you wish to keep the swords safe, such that they cannot be found or used, perhaps after I put them in a chest, you can put them somewhere down that hole in such a place that only you can collect them."

Times:
Burns: +1 Day, (Traveling) --> Noon

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:38 am

"in truth, we came to your palace because we were told by your humans that the consequences would be dire for us if we did not. I am glad that their advice did not end up as threatening as it appeared, but we did not come to you with expectations of help.

If you are willing to provide us a guide or map to Sky Sorrow though, we will gladly make use of your wisdom."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:07 pm

*Answers*
The king moved forward to the edge of his seat at Krazk's question, a thin smile on his lips. "Many dragons have sought for Sky-Sorrow and few have found it. I have no intention on telling you lies, but believe me when I tell you that I have been there myself, though back then it was known by another name. It was the Capital of the elves, the most beautiful city that you have ever laid eyes on. During the great wars, the elves kept to themselves and to their city, becoming the only nation to refuse to choose a side, that of dragon or humanity. Peace would not hold forever though, and the elves brought into being the most powerful magic ever crafted in the world. In the center of the city was a temple, in the center of which was a large meteor that had fallen a millennia ago, known as the Sky-Stone. The elves, used their great understand of magic, to harness the four elements and bind them to the Sky-Stone. The outcome was much better and much worse than they could have ever expected. The city and its hill and a good portion of the forest surrounding it was ripped from the earth and set afloat into the sky. Not only did the city float, but it quite literally flew away, to become lost in the great expanse of sky." The king paused to take a long drought of the cup at his side before continuing. "Under such circumstances, there is no possible way to find the city, but, today you are in luck. As it seems my son has taking a liking to you and it is time he go out and explore the world on his own for a time, I will give him to your care." The king rose from his throne and walked out of the room only to return after a few moments holding a large golden chest. With a gesture from his hand, the lock opened and after setting the chest down, opened the chest as well. From within it's velvety interior, the king brought out a long chain, upon which a small plain rock was affixed. He walked over and gestured for his son to bow his head and then slid the chain over his sons neck. "This necklace was given to me by elders of the city long before it was lost to the sky. It is a piece of the sky-stone, and it will always lead you to wherever it is."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Tha'kzrel nods, and indicates that he was of a similar mind. If the humans are ready to depart, he will lead the way back up the caverns to check in on the kobold progress. Along the way, he'll all Saberhagen-Edward for details on the forging process and the heat required, seeking to put it in terms he understands... dragon flame.

(If the forge proper is going to be a while, but Tha'kzrel can provide the heat source....)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Azabik continues to follow her, but his lack of sleep is noticable as he dips down at times. He tries not to sleep while he flies, but his tiredness takes him at times.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Looking at his father with a little shock and pleasure.
"Oh father are you sure? It been a dream of mine to try and visit Sky-Sorrow and see the elves and the great beautiful cities you described. You really thinks it's time? I, I am so honored. Bran will be extremely jealous I get to go while he's stuck in the south. I shall not let you down and will act as an emissary for Draktero as well if you'd like. "

Winter half bows to his father in respect for this blessing.

"Will this necklace work in all my forms or only the ones it fits?"

Turning to the others but directing his attention to Krazk

"It will be my pleasure to escort you and your friends to Sky-Sorrow, It will certainly be an adventure with a spectacular reward of the city at its end."
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 am

*Lead the Way*
Azabik continued to follow Alyssa, but his lack of sleep was obvious and he kept drifting to sleep as he flew, which as an experienced flier, he knew was a very dangerous thing to do. One such time, as he felt himself nodding off, he felt an incredible softness beneath him and the burning in his wings faded. As he opened his eyes briefly before falling asleep, he saw that Alyssa had caught him and was now carrying him.

*A Plan*
Tha'kzrel nodded in agreement to Edwards words. The Smith started walking back toward the top, saying that he wanted to see how the kobolds were progressing and Tha'kzrel followed them. The journey upward took a bit longer than the journey down, but eventually edward and scarlet arrived in the upper portion of the cave, though somewhat winded. Stepping out onto the plateau, they could see that the kobolds were still hard at work, digging through the hard stone, making a home for the SaberHagen family. Before looking around, Tha'kzrel begins to ask questions of Edward as to what is involved with forging, and what temperatures are required. Edward explains that an extreme amount of heat is required to melt the ore down until it can be poured into the crude shape of the final project, at which point it is beaten with a hammer until finally it is cooled. When Tha'kzrel asks if Dragon flame is hot enough, Edward scratches his head in thought and shrugs. "As my father always told me, you never know until you try, let me set up the crucible."

As Edward began to dig through the stack of things that had been brought back from the homestead, Tha'kzrel inspects the kobolds work.

A doorway had been carved from the stone, set quite perfectly into the mountain at the rear of a newly carved ledge. The path, which was roughly 5 feet wide and about 200 feet long, led from the plateau to the ledge and had a small carved wall of stone on the cliff side. Several small square windows had been carved into the mountain to allow natural light into the rooms that were being carved within. Halfway between the two ledges was a small cutout into the mountain, almost as if an a large wooden spoon had taken a round portion of rock away. At the back of this cutout was another doorway, which led into the mountain.

*A Guide*
As Winter accepted the chain from his father and he felt it fall into place around his neck, he felt a small tug on the chain. Looking down, he used a claw to hold the chain away from his neck and he saw that the piece of stone on the end slowly rose in the NE direction. He stumbled over his words in thanks to his father who simply beamed with pride at his son. Winter asks, wondering about transformation "Will this necklace work in all my forms or only the ones it fits?" The King smiles and replies
"Indeed, the necklace will change shape to meet your needs."

Winter then turns to speak to his new friends. "It will be my pleasure to escort you and your friends to Sky-Sorrow, It will certainly be an adventure with a spectacular reward of the city at its end."

The King then turns and speaks to them as well. "The hour is growing late, please be our guest one final night and you can then leave in the morning."

Times:
Burns: +1 Day, Morning

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:39 pm

SNOOOORE

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:57 am

SNOOOORE
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler