The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:49 am

While still listening for her nest mates, Sapphire tries to tap into the senses of the tree and learn more about the magic world. See if there is anything she can detect with her lenses, also, or devise some sort of magic detector.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:02 am

*With a Tangled Skein*
The Queen weaves an elaborate story of the world and the humans and where dragons have arrived after all of these years. "After the Great One created this world, he sent his 7 favorite servants to create life upon the world. The First created the heavens and the skies and the clouds and all the birds of the air and the things that flew and lastly he made the dragon, lord of the skies to rule and have dominion over what he created. The Second created all the trees and the grasses in the field and every plant that exists and finally created the creature that would one day be known as the Elf. The Third created all of the mountains and the hills and the rocks and the veins of ores and finally he created the creature that would one day be called a dwarf in which to live there.The fourth created all of the waters and the oceans and the rivers and created all of the fish and creatures that would dwell there and finally he created creatures that would one day be known as the Sliths. (A large underwater lizard creature, they have their own society under the waves and are rarely seen above water) The Fifth, thinking that he was devious, created pain and anger in the world. He dried up rivers, flattened mountains and destroyed forests, and in their places left barren lands and deserts full of sand and wind. Within these places he created the creature that would one day be known as an Orc. The Sixth, who was the wisest of all of them, gave sentience to creatures that his brothers had created so that they could create societies and live better lives. The Seventh, was the craftiest of them, but was rather late to the party of creating races. On a whim, he created humanity in all of its forms in the hopes that they would spread over the world and subjugate the other races." The Queen paused for a moment before continuing. "The humans have done well to follow this command of spreading over the world, but they do not know that they are serving the purpose of one of the 7th servant, thus as the eldest of the first races, I feel it is our duty to guide them toward harmony with this world instead of spreading themselves like a disease upon every inch of land. My husband and I have found that, while they live their lives at such a faster pace, they throw themselves into the unknown with such an abandon that we are unable to understand, much less take up as our own. At the same time, they do not care about the sovereignty of the world or the natural order and have sought to free themselves from their subjugation. This rejection of law and order, to be their own people, free from the natural order is both frightening and intriguing."

*Being a Green Mother*

While listening for her Nest-mates, Sapphire reached out with her magical senses, seeking the specific thread that connected her so seamlessly with the tree. A few minutes of intense focus allowed her to find this connection and she followed it back until her magical senses merged with the tree. What she saw and felt and sensed left her breathless. As she connected mentally with the tree, she found that it was more than just a tree, but it was a sentient creature itself. Though she was unable to understand or comprehend what exactly it was, she could tell that it was alive. She could also tell that Verdin had drained it's magic reservoirs greatly and while the tree was still alive, it was very weak. The other thing she discovered was that she could sense all of the area surrounding the Great Tree as well as all of the area surrounding the tree that she had planted near the witches den at the south end of the swamp. As she focused more intently on these surroundings she found that she could see them in her minds eye as if she were there personally. When she finally withdrew her mind back into her body, she found that several hours had passed, the sun had long set and the moon had risen high in the sky. The seeds nestled in the small pouch on her leg felt heavier as she realized the potential of what they could do.

(Note: The trees have a limited range of use from one to another.)

*For Love of Evil*
To test the ability of the wolf to listen and obey his commands, Tha'kzrel flew back in the direction of the homestead, landing a little distance away and sticking several large limbs and branches in the ground. He watched closely as he commanded the wolf to attack a specific stick. Ready and willing to follow it's creators commands the wolf darted forward with uncanny speed and jumped upon the specific stick that Tha'kzrel was impressing into its mind.
Satisfied with it's ability to attack a specific target, Tha'kzrel impresses upon the wolf's mind to take a stance of stealth and then watches as the wolf hunkers down in the long grass of the field until even he could no longer see it. He knew that if he wasn't able to sense the wolf so well, it surely would have crept across the entire field without him realizing it. By the time the two of the made it back to the homestead, night had fallen and the only things he could see of the wolf were the two dancing yellow eyes. Tha'kzrel looked around the now empty area, empty of life or sounds and began looking for a place in which to settle down for the night. There was no obvious caves or covered places in which to lay down but as he looked closer at the mountain where the smiths forge had been, he noticed that the forge hut had been built into the mouth of a cave. A small wall had been built by the family, sealing off the cave from the outside. Tha'kzrel impressed upon the wolf to stay back and then began to tear into the wall with his claws, easily ripping the wall away from the cave mouth until he revealed the cave within. Looking closely, he found that if he backed into the cave on his haunches he would be able to just fit, but it would be a tight squeeze. Tha'kzrel carefully backed into the cave and commanded that the wolf stand watch in case anything tried to sneak up on him while he slept.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:01 am

In the forge Winter hardly notices the heat and causally greets the smith.

"Good to see you again Josh, I hope all is well. What are you working on today, another barrel hoop?" Expecting the traditional aye or nay he continues

"If you don't mind the intrusion I have an odd guest who wanted to meet you today. He seems quite interested in metal working and wanted to hear some things from an experienced crafter. I told them you'd at least have a word to say to them. "
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:01 am

Sapphire is both pleased and puzzled with these new findings and curls up to sleep until morning (unless she hears from on - or more - of her nest mates).
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:08 am

When morning dawns, Tha'kzrel will take a moment to judge how well he'd be able to lift and carry his pet wolf without damaging it. If he can do so, he'll pick up his new friend and fly (north? I want to head back towards the cave, but not directly. Looking to fly such that my path wouldn't be visible to Klod and the others) ahead of the the herdskobolds and deposit his wolf closer to the cave, on the upslope side, and instruct it to wait. From there, he'll return to the cave to check in and let Saberhagen Scarlet know that her family's goats are on their way and should be arriving in a few more days.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:38 am

Times:
Gathers, Burns, Spider - Morning of next day
Quarg, Thinks, Pat - Previous day = Afternoon
Runs - Lost in a clearing (absent)

*Forging On*
Josh looked up from his barrel hoop work to smile at the young lad, "Aye lad, another barrel for the tavern." When Winter mentions that someone was willing to learn more of the trade he finally looked up and squinted at the odd looking fellow beside the boy. He starts to talk between swings of his hammer. "Aye, so you want to know something about metal working do ya, well the most critical thing is having a nice hot fire and something to contain it." He nods his head over toward a carefully constructed iron stove, full of red hot coals. "Then you'll have needed to find some ore, or perhaps you have some old metal and can rework it." This time he nods toward a barrel of old tools and blades. "Then, it's simply a matter of warming up the metal until it glows and beating it into submission. 'Course, if you can get your fire really hot, you can melt metal in a crucible and then pour it into a mold." The man sighs. "Or you can end up like me, being stuck making barrel hoops for a tavern."

*New Lands*

Azabik, having flown through the night, finally reaches the northern kingdom, his wings are going number with the effort and his heart gladdens at the sight of land.

*Above the World*
Sapphire wakes up from a dream of the island of her birth, her mother was next to her, her body closed in around her like she was a hatchling once more. Her eyes opened to find that she had fallen asleep in the tender embrace of the tree which had closed in around her enough that it felt as it had been her mother.

*Hedged In*
A low growl awakens Tha'kzrel to early dawn, his senses come alive and as he listens closely he can hear the low tremble of many feet hitting the ground and bellowing of some animal. His eyes lock on to a distance dust cloud coming up the road toward the homestead.

Runs and Quarg have been absent a bit, but will remain in hibernation of sorts until the end of RL summer. I'll work with you pat and thinks, it's possible for you to get to a point where you maybe leave quarg behind to explore the world further, just let me know.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 am

Mentally praising his wolf, Tha'kzrel slips quickly from his temporary den, swishing his tail as best he can to hide trace of his presence... it couldn't be helped that they would know that SOMETHING large had been here, but he hoped for now to disguise that a dragon had been present. He slinks away, summoning his wolf to follow.

[[He'd be pulling on stealth and hunting experience to leave as little trace as possible, and set up with the homestead within range of his hearing, but well hidden where the humans would have trouble reaching, and such that the wind wouldn't blow his scent to the approaching party. If there happened to be a large outcropping of loose rock above the homestead, that would be ideal :evillaugh: , but I'll settle for remaining out of sight where he can observe.]]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 am

Sapphire rubs the sleep from her eyes, yawns, stretches and does a little morning preening. Then she tries to make the tree make the meat fruit once more. If successful, she'll eat it, else she goes hunting for her breakfast.
In any case she bids Willow farewell as she leaves the tree, and, after she has eaten, dons her magical lenses once more to try and find those places with much magic in them.

She'll explore a little at random, but will steer in the general direction of the valley where she hid the sheep she brought with her, to check on them. If the human castle is on the way there, she'll take a closer look (not close enough for crossbow bolts, though), and decide whether or not to pay them a visit, based on her observations.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:20 am

Azabik lands in the forest, using it to shelter him for the morning as he slumbers.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 pm

*Taking a break*
Azabik, tired from his long flight, slowly dives from the air up there keeping an eye out for a quiet area where he can rest undisturbed by friend or foe. He does find it slightly odd that there are no roads connecting one city to another, but pushes this to the back of his mind as he realizes that this will make it easier for him to find a safe place to rest. He finally finds a peaceful valley several wing-beats north of a few coastal villages and here he lands gracefully and climbs to a small outcropping of rocks that jut out over the valley. Here, beneath this stony expanse, Azabik curls into a small pile of tired dragon and quickly falls asleep.

*Slipping Away*
Tha'kzrel mentally praises the Direwolf for waking him and with great care and caution, Tha'kzrel slips from the cave that he had formed for himself. Tha'kzrel uses his tail to cover any obvious signs of his presence and then sneaks around the corner of the mountain. The area around the homestead is very densely forested and Tha'kzrel easily finds a spot where he can easily see and listen to whatever or whomever is coming up the path as well as be able to slip away from his hiding spot if needed. The wolf follows him and waits patiently but at the ready at his side. Soon after he finds his spot to sit and wait, the noisy party breaks into view.

The group consists of a open wagon led by a team of 4 horses. On either side of the wagon is a group of 6 armored men riding horses, with swords and shields at the ready as if they expected a fight. A young boy sat in the cart and held the horses reins and beside him sat a elderly looking man. When the wagon arrived near the buildings, which had been stripped of their roofs, it came to a stop and the elderly man carefully stepped out of the cart and helped to the ground by the young lad who had quickly exited and run around to help him. Once on the ground, the man grabbed a long wooden cane nearly as tall as he was and walked toward the buildings, a look of wonder and excitement etched into his face. The young lad grabbed a large satchel from the wagon and hurried to catch up with elderly man.

Tha'kzrel listened intently to what he saw, the voices, though faint, cut through the morning quite clearly. The boy, an equal amount of wonder on his face exclaimed, somewhat loudly. "I wonder what could have ripped the roofs from these buildings so easily." The elderly man smiled at the exuberance of the boy as he walked about the once populated farm. "There are no trees disturbed, nor deep rivets in the ground, this was no storm that did this." The man paused and whispered something to himself, holding his hand close to the end of his staff. As he removed his hand, the end of the staff glowed with a magical yellow light and then a burst in a concussive light show which spread out quickly, covering the buildings until it had touched everything in the immediate area. Then, just as rapidly as it had expanded, it contracted back into the man's staff. With practiced ease, the man touched the end of the staff with his fingers and seemed to drag the golden light out of the staff until it floated in his hand. The man carefully strapped the staff across his back and held up both hands to hold the light. The boy watched with barely contained excitement. The knights, who had at this point dismounted, kept their distance from the man and the boy, instead looking about the homestead as if trying to look busy. The elderly man, holding the light in his hands, began a series of strange hand motions, but as he did so, the light took on a larger and larger shape until Tha'kzrel could finally see what it was. The man was holding a perfect representation of the homestead made from the glowing yellow light. By now, the glowing homestead and surrounding land was about the size of the cart, still floating in the air as if tethered in space, held only by the will of the elderly man. "Ah-hah, I think I found the culprit. Look here boy, do you see the large footprints leading up to the main building from the south. They are faint, probably a few days old, but it would seem as though our new guests have been raiding homesteads, the king must know of this." The boy looked up at the man. "Master, do you think that they are the cause of the strange disturbance as well." The elderly man tugged at his beard "I do not know lad, but I know it came from somewhere from this direction. I do find it odd that there is no blood, but I think we can assume that the SaberHagen family is dead." Turning from the boy, the elderly man looked at the knights. "Captain Lance, did you or your men find anything?" The knight shook his head no in response, but maintained his distance from the elderly man. "Very well, torch what you can and we'll be on our way, tomorrow we'll visit the mines." The captain barked some orders at the other knights who quickly gathered up some dry tinder and branches from the woods and stacked them in the 3 buildings. A quick click of some flint and the branches and wood of the houses quickly caught on fire. The knights got back on their horses, the boy and man loaded into the wagon, and the group headed back down the mountain as if nothing had happened.

*Exploring*
Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Sapphire silently preens herself, removing some of the dirt and grime from her scales that had collected over the last few days. Turning her attention to her hunger, she tried again to will the tree to make food for her. This time she had limited success as a large meaty fruit quickly took shape before dropping before her, though it's size was not as big as the one she had had before. Still, the meaty fruit satisfied some of her hunger, allowing her to focus on what she wanted to do for the day. She projected her plans to willow who was locked away somewhere with the safety of the tree and then took to the sky. Without even trying, she donned her magical glasses to look at the world through, but still she suffered from a limitation of range, if there was only a way to gain a better sense of the magic in the world. Regardless, whilst wearing her magical lenses, she flew WNW, in the direction of the small valley where she had left her sheep, eager to check in on them.

Her flight was but a few short hours and she finally found the small box valley coming into view. (The castle is SW of your the valley.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Once the humans are gone, Tha'kzrel and his wolf slink up the mountain, and once they are clear of being seen, he'll very carefully pick up his furry companion and fly stealthily towards the cave, dropping the wolf off somewhere along the path the kobolds will be taking on the upslope side. I'd like for it to be within a few minutes flight of the cave, but far enough away that he won't be discovered by anyone from the caves. Afterward, he proceeds down to the cave entrance, where he asks to speak with Scarlet and her parents, relaying in mind images to them the arrival of the humans and their delicious smelling creatures.

He'd like to know what mines they were referring too, whether the old man is known to them, and if this visit was in line with when they expected the next collection to happen, or if this was ahead of schedule.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:37 am

Sapphire lands very carefully, trying not to scare her sheep and looks around for them. She also inspects this valley for suitability of perhaps planting a tree here.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:30 am

*Curiosity*
Once the humans leave and the dust of their departure settles back down, Tha'kzrel climbs up the mountain to an open area, carefully picks up the wolf and then flies back toward the cave. When he is a few minutes out from the cave, he lands and drops off the wolf before flying the last mile back to the cave. As he lands, he sees a flurry of activity has occurred whilst he was gone. The path that the kobolds had been cutting in the cliffside is completed, stretching out from the ledge for roughly 500 feet before coming to a stop at another much small ledge which had been carved from the rock. Here, at this new ledge, a doorway had been hewn from the rock and Tha'kzrel could see kobolds moving in and out of the entrance with baskets full of rocks, which they proceeded to dump over the edge of the cliff. Half-way between this new ledge and the original ledge, was a tall but narrow window which was located below the path, how odd. Once Tha'kzrel lands, he looks around for the Saberhagen family and finds them down the mountain in the forest below, chopping down trees. Climbing down the mountain, Tha'kzrel approached them. Before he was able to ask his own questions, Edward walked over and said hello "Hope you don't mind, but we figured that with you helping bring our goats to our new home, we should build them a fenced in area to live." Following the broad sweep of his hand to the side of the mountain, Tha'kzrel sees that wooden posts have been planted into the ground at the base of the mountain and a crude fence is beginning to take shape. The large man smiles and breathes in the mountain air. "The taste of freedom has never been so sweet." Tha'kzrel relays with images what happened at the homestead which causes the man to stop in the middle of his breathing exercises. "That sounds like the kings wizard...I never met the man personally, but I've seen him before, he's been around for years now, looks the same the last time I saw him as you just described. They think we're dead too, well that's a relief knowing they won't be coming and looking for us." When asked about the mines, the big man scratches his head. "I don't rightly know where we are currently to give you directions, but it's a large operation at the base of this mountain range, bring all sorts of ores and gems." Scarlet speaks up "As the only one with my eyes open during the flight..." Her father rolls his eyes as she continues.. "We're several miles east of our old home, the mines are further east and then south." The big man pats his daughter on the head and continues talking "Yes yes, south and east of here, but you can't miss it, there's a large town built near them which is where all of the labor live and warehouses full of materials are." The man fidgets as he thinks, the dull whacking sounds of an axe biting into a tree fill the silence. "They weren't due another delivery until the end of the month, which is next week."

*Sheepish*
Sapphire lands carefully in the small box valley and as she does so, the sheep that she had dropped off bleated happily and ran in her direction. They both got to her at the same time, ran into each and went tumbling in a ball, but quickly righted themselves and came over to her, bleating happily as they rubbed up against her. The sheep looked well fed and there were sheep shaped hoof marks along the banks of the small stream that split the valley in half. As she looked around at the valley, she wondered if this place would make an acceptable home for one of the trees. As she thought more about it, she realized that with her new connection with the trees, she would be able to cause it to grow in a shape that could act as a shelter to the sheep, to protect them from the winter months.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:11 pm

After a long night of flying and a half day or more of slumber, Azabik wakes up and stretches, quickly lifing off to the northren kingdom

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:51 pm

*You're already in the northern kingdom*
► Show Spoiler
Also, you have no idea in what direction the continent of "eden" is...so, I hope you fly in the right direction or ask for help...otherwise you may find yourself making a "water landing"...which is probably not good for your health.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm

I thought i was in the forest area. Azabik looks around the nearest city to find a place to land, looking around and detecting evil. He looks ror a non evil human/creature to speak to. "hello can you direct me twoards Eden please?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Tha'kzrel gifts the kobolds working on the excavation with a mental reassurance of his approval, and nods in agreement at the humans' efforts to build an enclosure. His mighty brow furrows when the smith describes the unexpected visit to their old homestead. Tha'kzrel points out that the man did not seem overly surprised to find that a dragon had been there... it is possible that their king had made contact with others of his kind recently. He inquires if the arrival of dragons in the kingdom would be cause for the wizard to have sought Saberhagen out on behalf of the king, or if the trip would have been already underway when the dragons arrived, in which case the wizard may have the means to communicate with his sovereign at a distance. He further inquires whether their disappearance and presumed death would be cause enough to search the mountains for their 'killer', and comments on plans to return to the homestead and destroy it utterly, before humans return and notice that all the Saberhagen's belongings have been removed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:55 am

Sapphire greets the sheep almost as enthusiastically as the sheep greet her. "I missed you, too, my woolly little darlings. Are you in good health?" She looks at the sheep's vital signs, to be extra sure.

Sapphire is very intrigued about the idea of having both a way to keep an eye on them from afar and also protect them from the cold, so she very carefully picks a seed from the bag, trying to "feel" which one of them would prosper best this high up (she has noticed that after a certain height on a mountain, trees get sparse and then stop growing altogether, making room for other flora) and also takes her time to choose the best spot in the valley to plant it. She proceeds as Willow had told her, and stands ready to both shape the tree as it grows to help accustom the sheep, as well as aid the growth with her own magic, if need be (because this valley maybe doesn't have enough magic).
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:22 am

"Well i'm sure he knows his way around fire but i'm sure he'll want to know more about the tools and molds.Right?" He nudges Cyrano

He watches Josh until it seems there is no danger from him burning himself or injuring himself.

"Hey Josh put down that hammer a moment and come over here and greet Cyrano, just don't be too shocked when you do, Kay."

---waiting for the shock to be over--

"Best ask your questions now, you only have a limited time Cyrano"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:52 am

*Where Am I?*
Azabik wakes up from a short nap and takes off again, searching for a village in which to stop in and ask for directions. He sees a medium sized city, nestled in the side of a rolling hill and lands carefully in the large round sandy center. As he does so, he sees a old human arguing loudly with a young woman with long golden locks of hair. He doesn't detect anything overly evil, but he has performed the magic so much that he now detects evil without even trying. (So please stop doing it every time) His senses, now attuned to the discovery of evil, cannot help but notice the dark stain of evil emanating from himself. He tries talking to the humans but they are so furiously arguing that they don't even notice his arrival.

*Tree Bender*
After happily greeting her sheep, she checked the sheep's vitals signs and was gladdened to see they were in good health, better health even perhaps than their island home which had less grass in which to eat. Intrigued at the thought of being able to keep an eye on the sheep from a distance, Sapphire carefully opened the pouch at her arm and withdrew a small seed, which pulsed with magic between her fore-claws. She looked around the small box valley for a suitable place to plant the tree and chose a spot near the stream so that it could get ample amounts of water as needed. Sapphire used the claws on her other hand to dig a small hole on the river bank and then finally, once the earth was turned over, stuck the small seed in the ground. Knowing what would happen after experiencing it first hand near the witches cave, sapphire walked backwards a few paces and then reached out with her mind to guide the trees growth. The tree seemed to understand her desire even without her guidance and it grew rapidly, expanding from a small bud into a giant tree in a matter of a few hours. The base of the tree grew wider and bulkier than they needed to and as the tree grew, a small hollow area was created pointing away from the direction of the stream. The tree also grew along and around the stream, such as to create both a pool area in which the stream could collect in as well as a small tunnel that stretched over the stream, providing access to the water for anything sleeping within the wooden cave in it's side. It's top, rather than growing as high, grew more out, spreading large branches filled in with large leaves that cast a large circle of shade upon the ground.
► Show Spoiler
*The Unknown*
Tha'kzrel gives a mental nod of approval to the Kobold's working on the Saberhagen's home as well as agreeing with the humans at their efforts to build a fence for the goats. He then proceeds to ask Edward a lot of questions, Edward replies as he can, otherwise shrugging when he has no answer. "Anything is possible with magic. There may be a reason why he is looking for dragons though, other than to keep the kingdom safe. When my grandfather made the swords of power, a great wizard helped him in their creation. During the forging of each sword, a Dragon's heart was included in the sword. I don't know how the hearts were added, but I do know that dragons are creatures of pure magic, which is what keeps the power of the sword from ever diminishing. Somehow, that wizard imbued those swords with the very essence of the dragons whose hearts he used. I've even heard stories that suggested that the swords were alive and had a will of their own. I do not know if the Kings wizard is the same wizard as the one who used Dragon's hearts to create those swords, but if he is....I would keep my distance from him. I see what you mean about destroying our home, but from what you told me, they were already destroying it...no...I would think that this wizard already knows of the existence of dragons on this island and he has a reason for looking for them.

*What in the name of...*
When Josh finally finishes the hoop, dropping it into a large barrel of water, which hisses and whines as the heat from the metal dissipates, he places his hammer aside, wipes his brow and walks over to meet winter. As he does so, he finally sees Cyrano fully and his eyes bug out for a moment, but winter talks him down from going full ape-shit crazy. Once the Smith is calmed down, Cyrano takes the time to ask the Smith all the questions about metal working that he has and the smith does his best to answer without staring. Time flies by and when the Cyrano has gained all of the knowledge he can, the two walk out of the forge, Winter thanking Josh and waving goodbye.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:33 am

"Hello humans! Are you okay? I am looking for a place called Eden, do you know where I can find it?"
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:47 am

*Sultry Pirate Captain*
At his call, the older gentleman and the young woman whirl around to look at him. Their eyes go wide, but for different reasons as their responses indicate. The older gentleman drops to his knees in reverence, the woman runs toward him. As she runs, her body changes before his very eyes into a shimmering blue dragon, slightly larger than him. He can tell instantly that it's a female dragon and the dragon continues to pad toward him, but in a seductive manner, swaying her large scaled hips and flicking her tail back and forth. "Welcome to my fathers kingdom, I do not know you... Have the gods finally answered my desires for a male dragon that isn't related to me?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:36 am

"Hi! Wow how did you change into a human? I am not sure about the gods if they led me here or not, but my name is Azabik, what is yours?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 am

Tha'kzrel is visibly angered at the mention of dragonheart as an ingredient in the Saberhagen swords of old.

He sends a thought image of the members of the Saberhagen family, each bound by energy bands the color of the wizards's glow, coalescing into a twisted band extending into the distance. A charcoal grey dragon claw swipes through the knotted cable and the energy dissipates, the humans freed. The following thought images make it clear that Tha'kzrel is concerned that the wizard was seeking Saberhagen-Edward out in order to have new swords forged now that dragons have returned to these lands.

The mighty dragon pauses for a moment, regarding the two humans, for turning and heading back up towards the cave, sending an image of Saberhagen-Scarlet and Saberhagen-Edward following him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Sapphire smiles and inspects the new tree's insides. (If it's large enough for her.) She also encourages the sheep to go inside and see if they like it. She then tries to "see" through this trees "eyes", like she did in the one Willow was in, the day before and also tests if she can "contact" the other trees or Willow from this one. Sapphire attempts to estimate how "good" a place this is, in relation to the other two locations that are known to her, magic wise.

If it has become evening, she will listen and reach out for her nest mates again.
► Show Spoiler