GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 22)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:36 pm

"Sadly I don't have anything to eat. How fun is it being a thief? It sounds exciting!"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:36 am

Walks hops back up the pipe. "I'm very sorry, but this needed inspecting. And food... well, that depends on what you guys eat, doesn't it?
Anyways, maybe we could team up for now and see if we can find some yummies for you, and you'll help me inspect the dungeon a little." Walks
suggests unpon hearing that one of the thieves finds it too dangerous here.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Tinkers rubs her aching face... Then, she'll go ahead and search the skellington for information and items, and say a quick prayer over it to Mags.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:44 pm

"Oh god what happened to me?!"

Steals will lift his arms up and slide down the pipe again. He can't help trying to see if his brick punching skills are as amazing as he thinks they are.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:06 pm

That's fine, we'll sort them out when it becomes necessary :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 23)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Turn 23

"Sadly I don't have anything to eat. How fun is it being a thief? It sounds exciting!"
"Pfff... I dunno. I think it might be TOO exciting for my taste. I think it's giving me an ulcer."
"Hey! SHHHH! We still haven't worked out if these guys are the trap or not!"
"I'm very sorry, but this needed inspecting. And food... well, that depends on what you guys eat, doesn't it? Anyways, maybe we could team up for now and see if we can find some yummies for you, and you'll help me inspect the dungeon a little."
"Urgh. But what if you ARE a trap! We'd lose our licences for sure then."
"If the guild insurers even honour the resurrection clause..."
"Wait... You GOT the insurance?! You said it was a scam!"
"Well, it IS! For YOU! You've always been the... um... more competent one?"
"That won't save me from YOUR incompetence will it?"

... This could go on for a while...

Tinkers rubs her face and then reaches through the bars to pull the skeleton closer to her. She only just manages to graze the skull with her fingertips and gently roll it towards her. It doesn't fit through the metal bars though...

"Oh god what happened to me?!"

Steals replaces All and takes a second to understand his surroundings. Once he's come to terms with his current situation, he raises his arms up and shimmies back down the pipe. He punches a brick and it explodes for some reason! This room is weird.

--------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:14 am

Nuuuudge

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:27 am

Steals goes to the pipe on the right and call up to the others.

"Feels like I got something in my throat, could one of you go down here and hit me hard on the back?"

Meanwhile he'll destroy as many bricks as possible in this place.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Tinkers appears bewildered. "Oh, these are bars? From far away they looked like part of a pipe that was for some reason leaking into the last one of these floors! Oh well, I'll be back, Mr. Skellington!" Tinkers will scoot down to the last floor and investigate that strange puddle oozing from the bars, taking care not to touch it directly in case it's molten metal or something caustic and horrible.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:14 am

Tap steps off the pipe, looking around at his surroundings. "Alright, I need to check if this needs matenence and we can hopefully find something for you to eat."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 24)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Turn 24

"Oh, these are bars? From far away they looked like part of a pipe that was for some reason leaking into the last one of these floors! Oh well, I'll be back, Mr. Skellington!"

Tinkers, suddenly realising that the artistic resolution of this dungeon is pretty damn poor, climbs down to the level below and checks out the bar there. It looks like it's been melted with some kind of liquid. It smells sour and metallic and she decides not to touch it. There's a metal bar on the floor that's still smoking...

"Feels like I got something in my throat, could one of you go down here and hit me hard on the back?"

Nobody responds to Steals, but it's ok because he punches the shit out of the decor instead and finds 1GP in the bricks for no reason.

"Alright, I need to check if this needs matenence and we can hopefully find something for you to eat."
"Gods, I can't believe you! This is so damn typical!"
"Well EXCUSE me for having the sense to ensure my resurrection for when this all goes to shit like always!"

The thieves don't even seem to notice as TAP excuses himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Tinkers reasons that if the bar is still smoking, then this door must have been broken into recently. Deciding to investigate, she safely hops over the caustic pool and sneaks down the hallway, and peers into the next room to see if whomever broke the door is still in there.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:08 am

'sup folks!

I've just heard back from gathers and while she's totally fine, she's suddenly swamped with real life stuff that's taken over her time and she's not sure how much she'll be able to post. Given the general sliw-down on the forum for the summer, I'm inclined to leave walks in the game in a "time-out" and just continue with the three of you. It shouldn't make any difference to your chances of success anyway :)

That way if comes back soon, she can pick up where she left off, but we don't need to wait on her for updates.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:12 am

Steals continues with his brick smashing rampage and tries tosmash the left wall so he can go through, then the rest of the floating bricks for hidden money!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:00 am

I'll update tonight regardless, but just a heads up the we're missing an action for tap

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:59 pm

TAp sneaks past the thieves and looks at the land mines on the second floor

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 25)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Turn 25

Leaving the thieves to their arguing, TAP climbs up the ladder and investigates the "landmine" (whatever one of those might be). It appears to be a large red button.

Tinkers heads carefully to the east and discovers... exactly the same place that the others have been in this whole time.

Walks takes a time out*.

In the basement, Steals happily punches his way through the platform bricks and finds an extra 5GP for no reason. Enthused by his miraculous success, he turns his attention to the west wall and punches it as hard as he can! Which hurts. Oddly, he doesn't take any damage, but does find himself rapidly shrinking back to his normal size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Since the GAL is pretty quiet at the moment, we'll just leave Walks here and continue on with three players while gathers is away rather than replace her.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:22 am

Walks makes her way past the ninjas and examines the yellow thing (maybe a donkey kong barrel?) on the next floor, while avoiding the buttons.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am

Glad that's over with, without having to try injure himself on purpose, Steals go up the pibe to the right and addresses the two thieves.

"Hi there, I heard there was some commotion regarding lack of insurance here. It's too late to back out of the dungeon and return without the security being ramped up by at least 4 levels! But worry not, I'm part of the sales department and we do in fact sell several different insurances for the worried adventurer! The most basic pack will cover expenses to have your body transported outside in an easily retrieveable location, I know, that sounds horrifying, but if you get our supreme premium pack for just 100 gold we will cover all expense of preparing your body for a ressurection in case of your untimely demise, but that shouldn't be a worry as all the guards here will be ordered to only knock you unconcious and take you prisoner and keep all your equipment nearby in an unsecured chest ready for your retrieval when you inevitably go for a grand escape!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Still waiting on Burns and Narshe

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Tap steps over the mine and looks at the yellow eyeball.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Tinkers comes up behind the thieves, and snaps her fingers to try and get their attention. She tries bluffing them, "Hey, the guild sent me to make sure you guys aren't dilly-dallying like you always do. I'm disguised as a goblin to avoid attracting attention - apparently they're all over the place, so you wouldn't stand out. If you two had more than half a brain between you, you would have come in disguise too. Now, I want you to repeat your mission out loud so the guild knows that you haven't forgotten about it, and then you get on with it. I'll report back and prevent them from sending someone worse you haul you back in disgrace."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 26)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Turn 27

"Hi there, I heard there was some commotion regarding lack of insurance here. It's too late to back out of the dungeon and return without the security being ramped up by at least 4 levels! But worry not, I'm part of the sales department and we do in fact sell several different insurances for the worried adventurer! The most basic pack will cover expenses to have your body transported outside in an easily retrieveable location, I know, that sounds horrifying, but if you get our supreme premium pack for just 100 gold we will cover all expense of preparing your body for a ressurection in case of your untimely demise, but that shouldn't be a worry as all the guards here will be ordered to only knock you unconcious and take you prisoner and keep all your equipment nearby in an unsecured chest ready for your retrieval when you inevitably go for a grand escape!"
"Well... That's convenient."
"How did you even get here?"
"Sounds like a pretty good deal though."
"How do you get the guards to cooperate?"

Glad he's not enormous any more, Steals heads upstairs ready to sell some insurance!

"Hey, the guild sent me to make sure you guys aren't dilly-dallying like you always do. I'm disguised as a goblin to avoid attracting attention - apparently they're all over the place, so you wouldn't stand out. If you two had more than half a brain between you, you would have come in disguise too. Now, I want you to repeat your mission out loud so the guild knows that you haven't forgotten about it, and then you get on with it. I'll report back and prevent them from sending someone worse you haul you back in disgrace."
"...I... Wow. This is getting really confusing. We ARE disguised!"
"And you won't trick us THAT easily! Our mission is super secret."

Walks and TAP examine the yellow eyeball-looking thing, without stepping on the red button. The yellow thing looks slightly moist, which is kind of gross...

-----------------------------------------------

Since this game actually doesn't take too long to update, I'm going to try and speed up the update schedule a bit. It's still contingent on my RL stuff, but I'll try and get the updates out as soon as all of you guys have posted (except gathers - I won't wait for her until she's back in the forum properly).
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Tap tries to move the yellow thing.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:33 am

► Show Spoiler
Walks will wait what TAP's attempts yield. Then she'll try to
a) get past it (if possible) and climb up the ladder and examine the red and grey things (vertical lines) on the right. And the grate (?) and the liquid stuff on the left, oozing towards the brown things. Without touching any of it, just looking.
b) if the eye is blocking passage, she'll step over the red button again, cross the ladder and peek into the screen to the left, avoiding the other red button as well.
► Show Spoiler