The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm

It's okay, forum format makes everything run linger so easier to forget details.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:49 am

@Lurks

I did write nearly ;)

Dornikal had every intention of following Randy back once he's watched the guy move off but wasn't willing to let Maji just lay there. Not because he is good, but because he has a strong feeling of obligation to repay the group for having saved him when he and the rest were helpless. That said he isn't likely to try and save Maji should he range off alone again and it puts the others at risk!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 am

Hey Spider, one of those guys on Ulmwin should be dead and have dropped his sword, right? Are any of the others near him already injured?
And Mort, before you start, yeah I was working under a double disadvantage: I couldn't see the maps most of the time and I had to make decisions and entries on the fly. It was a pretty busy week without a lot of down time, but I didn't want the game to stall because of me. So I didn't have a lot of time for strategic thinking. Had to make do with tactical. :shrug:
Nah, it's alright, I just went overboard myself and metagamed a bit too much for anyone's enjoyment. The reason it got so far in the first place was just cuz of the way things went down, though:

Me: make a comment about how I'd really like to see everyone get back up
You: reply that you don't want to get AOO to death
Me: "Wait, what? There's one guy on you, you can't think you actually risk getting KO'd, right?" - comments that
Me, 5 seconds later: "Oh, wait, he can't see images on his intranet..! That's probably the issue."

And I definitely shouldn't have called it the "worst possible action", since it was most definitely not.

I do still think my analysis of the situation could be seen as correct, but it was way too in depth for the situation, and was going under the assumption they wouldn't try and just flee :roll:

If Randy wants to shoot the one guy so he doesn't leak the info that Randy needs his bonus action to be able to injure people he can do that by the way, Ulmwin should be able to survive one or two more turns now. :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:43 am

((Ah, yes, one of them is dead.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:45 am

Too late, went the wrong direction for an intercept (and a bit out of character for Randy to go chase the fleeing guy while a party member is getting gang banged by 3 hostiles). Maybe Maj can go bear on him once he's up.

Wait. How many is Ulmwin tangling with?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:46 am

2 hostiles. Didn't change the map to reflect the 'kneeling man' he killed with murder music.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:50 am

Huh. Okay, that does change things some. Randy COULD go chase the guy if Mort feels Ulmwin is up to playing tag with the two remaining ones. Dornikal should be coming on line pretty quick regardless. Your call Mort: chase or assist?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 am

Ulmwin's dealing with two guys, and the one guy is still in range for a bow shot. Or can you not activate your force ability on ranged attacks..?

Anyways, they dealt 17 damage with the three of them, leaving him on 20/37 now, so... Should be fine for another turn, hopefully..? Could always heal himself. About that, I don't seem able to edit my HP on the sheet?

edit: NINJA. Anyways, I think Randy should be able to finish him off with one, maybe two more rounds..? Might be worth it if we don't want some recurring villains, but it's your call really.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 am

Randy has to be within 30 ft.

Okay, we'll retcon a bit then. Randy send Galt to wake Maj and Dornikal and then seeing that Ulmwin is holding his own, takes off after the other guy.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:38 am

...Poo, I missed that suggestion is only 30ft. Given that they're dashing... Yeah, Lurks, if you want me to try I can hit him with a dissonant whispers... But assuming it isn't enough to KO him, he's only going to end up using his reaction to get FURTHER away. :roll:

Ulmwin at least has nothing that'd be able to keep pace with them... Does Maji potentially have something?

What kind of action would it have been to pick up the sword in each case..?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:43 am

Free interaction, just scooping it as he runs away.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:56 am

I guess it's too late to ask if Ulmwin could have scooped it up after the one guy got felled, then..? It WAS actually something I was thinking about, so I had a weapon that could presumably hurt them if spells alone didn't seem to do the job, but I didn't think I could do it in the same turn. :shifty:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 am

Ulmwin has the victorious blade (rapier that grants HP back on kills) which will hurt them. If I remember right anyhow.

(Which Dornikal would really like :D )

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:15 am

Lets see here... the beasts he has that have high move speed.

Deer: 50', camel: 50' riding horse: 60', warhorse: 60'

Unfortunally his only attacking spell he has prepared is heat metal, but Maji can charge them and Randy (or Ulmwin) can shoot them when they get close.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 am

Heat metal could force the one to drop Randy's sword though (or take damage if he refused to drop it).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:19 am

Oh, wait, Ulmwin still has that..? I thought he had already given it to Dorni- I might be misremembering and he hadn't actually given it yet because there was no "IC reason" to have it handed over yet, oops...

And yeah, heat metal seems like a good solution if we can catch up with them- We mostly want the sword back, getting a prisoner is a close second.

Wait, hold on a second... Every time I've used dissonant whispers before the enemy actually dropped their weapons, so... :shifty: Can Ulmwin try an intimidate roll as a bonus action to basically say "You really don't want to keep holding on to that sword if you don't want to be chased till the ends of the earth..!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:21 am

Heat metal's range is 30' unfortunally.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:48 am

Now's a great IC time to lend/lease it to him! If we are going sand people hunting...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 am

As to Randy's sword, well it'd be nice to have back since it has a light spell on it. But the spell doesn't offer any damage bonus. That was all PW. PW converts all damage from a weapon to force damage and then adds 1d8 on top of it. Since Randy was dealing with magic users, he didn't see any advantage to cluing them in that he was anymore than a simple fighter using a "magic" weapon on them. That way they would guard against the SWORD, not him specifically. PW being what it is, can potentially be used with any attack that is ranged or melee. So bow, sword, mace, etc. Could be used with a shield bash (improvised weapon rules) and I think he could even use it bare fisted (which would make for one heck of left hook!).
Anyway, I suspect our sword thief is going to disappointed. He's probably going to think that there's a trick to using the sword....and he's going to be right! :lol: If we don't get it back, Randy can use a scimitar instead. There's a few lying around now.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 am

Similar with Dornikal's radiant damage, except the base damage doesn't change type so it's more important for him to have a magic weapon against damage immune targets.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

So tomorrow, I start at the new clinic. I probably won't be on immediately since I've got to get set up on a new computer and then review the charts with a brand new team. It'll take a couple of days for me to get settled in most likely. Expect me to be more active on the forums in the evenings in the short term. If something needs to get done in the next day or so, Spider can take over Randy if need be. I'll update everyone as this goes along.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Hope things go smoothly!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:15 pm

It's a little bit of a seat of the pants type operation. We had about 3 providers at that clinic leave in a short time span for various reasons. Originally, I was supposed to go to a new clinic in Joplin. Admin decided about 2 weeks ago that they needed me in Branson worse and made it happen. That's FAST, especially for a federal agency. I'm not 100 % sure that everyone who works at my old clinic even knew that I was being shifted. :shrug: I'm sure the folks at Branson are a little nervous about it as well. They need the help, but...this is like being thrown into the deep end of the pool with a couple of cement blocks tied on and told "sink or swim."
Should be fun! :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Welp, definitely sounds like "fun"... Good luck!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:45 pm

<Whew> Took all day, but I'm finally back on line and caught up enough to post. Tomorrow should be better.