The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Just as a heads up for Thinks, since it was months and months ago.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm

I mean, if some cleansing fires hit the mayor's house soon after our artifact got taken from us, who did it would probably be pretty clear.

As long as some evidence of the corruption is laid in clear daylight, and the intrepid heroes make their escape before too many people start asking questions, I'm sure things will be fine though...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm

You have resources, and are resourceful. I have no idea how you're gonna make it work, but I'm confident in your abilities. :)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:10 am

We also have little time to do it in

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:33 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm You have resources, and are resourceful. I have no idea how you're gonna make it work, but I'm confident in your abilities. :)
I assume you are talking about our ability to set fire to things :p

But if we get our exit secured, we could do a quick hit and run :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:02 am

Gordon is currently playing the role of baby Yoda

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:56 am

If you lot don't end the bought and end up going to the All-Tree, bring Gordon with you. He'd like a chance to look at the remaining tech. (And he might be able to read it for you)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:11 am

((Coljin and Ulmwin have returned by this time.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:39 pm

So interesting question for you Spider. What's your attitude on tech that COULD have been made in medieval times? I ran into this little toy while browsing. It's rather interesting, to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZuOZ7Fqag8

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:19 am

I've seen that before on the slingshot channel! Definitely looks fun, but as far as the speculation of whether it could have been put to use, he didn't cover the arrows needing to all be absolutely identical. I think that would be the practical limitation of it in medieval times, which is why he used modern composites in the video. Also made a big deal about no one being able to shoot them back... but you'd ONLY be able to shoot those, and couldn't shoot anyone else's back either.

Game wise, possible, but not sure what I'd settle on, mechanically, or what the true benefit would be over a regular bow. High level archers can already shoot quite quickly, a 20th level fighter archer can do 4 shots in under 6 seconds, and at next level, Randy will be able to get off 2 per round.

If something like this were to confer say, ability to shoot with a bonus action, I think that it might be doing so at lower damage and range, but might confer proficiency? A peasant who has never shot a bow before will probably be able to pick this up and be effective.

Conceptually, it's not far off from a revolver, and the DMG does have mechanics for that, where it takes an action it bonus action to reload after 6 shots.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:36 am

Anyone think we can find a horses head on short notice? :shifty:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am

If you can find a horse, you've found a head...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:23 pm

I suspect Tess might have even more issues with that than flat out killing Pembleton. At least he probably deserves it! :P Whereas that poor horse (probably) never did us any wrong.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:34 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am If you can find a horse, you've found a head...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Enough wild surges near him might transform Pembleton into said horse :shifty:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:10 am

Why are we suddenly hung up on killing horses?

Much easier to just kill Pembleton. Also it doesn't fix the town's mayor problem.

Think Anders would help us out on this?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:54 am

Guys guys...

We.... Yous... Bring the wizard here tomorrow... You cause a distraction... Big big... Like telling the people about the corruption big... Distraction or something.... Then you break into pembeltons during the ensuing chaos. Then you escape through the portal back to his keep

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:27 am

Rodgeir wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:10 am Why are we suddenly hung up on killing horses?

Much easier to just kill Pembleton. Also it doesn't fix the town's mayor problem.

Think Anders would help us out on this?
Never watched "The Godfather" did you? :chuckle:

Tess has pretty much vetoed deliberately gunning for Pembleton (something Randy is more than willing to do at this point) and she can make it stick since none of the rest of us can crack a safe without bringing the house down on ourselves.
We've never met the Mayor or had a chance to determine if he's dirty or a tool. Randy's not quite enough of a vigilante to go after someone just based on rumors and speculation. If Pembleton (or his hench) were to put the finger on him convincingly, that might change.
Now I suppose Randy and anyone who felt likewise could wait until they got the globe back and THEN put a hit on Pembleton later. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:35 am

Ulmwin wouldn't be for killing someone publicly like that, unless it was VERY obvious that he was far too dangerous a man to leave alive.

Some public humilation, exposing him and stripping him of his seat however, or at least heavily destabilizing that...

Also I am not completely dismissing the idea that the mayor is actually the good guy and our dwarven friend is the villain. The woman that came here wasn't killed but rather fled after dumping the artifact deep in the sewer so hopefully no one could find it, and the mayor agreed to fake her death. :shifty:

But nah, he's probably just a mob boss that likes his fancy trinkets. Probably.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:44 am

Zottle pretty much as said that "bad things" happen to people who thwart Pembleton. Not something that usually happens if the man was a fine, upstanding pillar of the community. Actually, I'm half expecting an attempt on Tess regardless. Pembleton probably figures he can get his money back that way and tie up loose ends at the same time.
I find it a little ironic that the neutral good ranger is ready to do some star chamber justice and the tiefling is the one advocating for a peaceful outcome. :chuckle: Not saying I don't understand it. Just interesting which way the character development went.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:06 am

We need to know where he keeps the orb. He may move it away from his place for a while.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:17 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:06 am We need to know where he keeps the orb. He may move it away from his place for a while.

Actually... I'm thinking that pembelton is just a broker and plans on giving the item to someone else ... Someone who will pay far more than the chump change that he bought it from Tess for.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Feel free to plan out your approach in ooc, I'll only chime in if you ask me to, or if there is some sort of mis-remembering that vastly changes things that I should correct. Otherwise, you can plan out things here, and let me know in thread what you are actually doing?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:57 am

Dornikal would like to involve Anders somewhat, if possible, so that the official police are involved without getting the corrupt chief involved. Problem is the entire top level of the control in town seems to be a problem so there is no point in trying to reveal the corruption unless there is someone even higher up than them?

@Spider - how is authority here split up? Is the mayor the local baron reporting to someone else higher up or is it more of a city-state?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 am

Time to burn the whole city down I guess!