The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 pm

;) So if Tess suddenly grows cat ears and her tail is suddenly fluffy, she's going to be okay with it?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:03 pm

If I was beholden to an Eldritch God and it for some reason took an interest in my personal appearance, I think I'd probably thank them profusely, be very grateful I was still alive and then hope fervently that I didn't draw too much more of its attention. Some forces are best left very well alone :lol:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:12 am

Just making sure that you noticed Coljin yelled for ulmwin’s assistance last round before you do your actions. He’s thinking he’s going to need your help.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 am

I didn't at least! :blush: sorry, been out of it again, work stuff.

edit: that's what the blush emoji looks like? Well then. :oops:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Realized that I kind of missed something that would likely have played out differently had we all been around a table, since I was doing it behind the scenes and not saying what I was doing, only what resulted.

This, I think, might have been a place where meta information could have helped to reinforce a link that your characters may have noticed, but a pattern that might be too temporally spread out to be as useful in thread.

I've spoilered things below that get progressively more meta, so you can go how deep you want...
► Show Spoiler
Not trying to steer things, but also felt it might be a disservice to you guys if the limitations of the format and my decisions on how to present things put you at a disadvantage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:49 pm

:chuckle: The assumption that Randy is making is that his power makes the portal bigger since his is planar based and that Holger's is less predictable since his magic is more choatic. The major difference it made for Randy's strategy is that he's using both swords instead of sword and shield. I don't know that Randy would act any different given the meta nature of the information: he can only act on what he knows, not what I know.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:24 am

Sure, totally logical! It's all Holger's fault anyway!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:08 am

Hey now! :lol: I did look through the updates to see if I could find a pattern but seemed I mostly just got the expand portal effect during my chaos, but nice to know that it has been working a bit like the age/height thing on the wild surge chart.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 pm

You guys are totally going to shut the gate while Randy, Anders, and Dornikal are on the other side, aren't you? :roll:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:19 pm

No. The guards warned ya you went through. We’ll let Anders get back. 🤪

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Well, guard hasn't made it to you yet, Anders couldn't shout to you with the alarms going off!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Ah gotcha. But I don’t think we’ve got it nearly figured out yet.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 am

"Hey, what's this lever for?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:47 am

10 Hours? Either we've got a lot of time desynchrony to make up, or there's some time distortion going on. That portal isn't linked into a world on the edge of a black hole, is it? :paranoia:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:54 am

We're all going to die looks like.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:12 am

Spider, I've been meaning to ask: what would happen if Randy were to throw the fireball gem like a rock at something while using the planar effect? Would there still be a fireball or a huge etheric blast instead?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:32 am

The planar warrior effect is "The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack."

The gem wouldn't be considered a weapon attack, as it is save based, the same way that shooting a fireball at someone isn't an attack

Interesting, since unarmed attacks are considered "weapon attacks" (but not weapons), you could potentially punch someone harder than anyone on the party other than a raging Dornikal. Though with no strength mod, you're not too good odds to hit.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:29 am

Just to be sure, but all we (Holger) really know is that the control panel and tubes are linked by magic that could be what is influencing the portal to stay opened. Destroying the tubes may explode in magic and with luck close the portal.

Could Holger use the equivalent of a cantrip or 1st level spell in an attempt to disrupt the portal in a similar fashion as his surges?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Might depend on the spell? If it's a sorcerer spell, and your tides have been used, it could trigger another surge.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm

NotStickFigures wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:29 pm Have any of you purchased or read the Ghosts of Saltmarsh, one of the newer DND hardcover books. It's intriguing me. I've always enjoyed stories about ships and water faring.
The reviews for it seem pretty good.
Okay, played a session of Salvage operation (from Saltmarsh) with a bunch of strangers and I thought it was pretty entertaining. The group of six had two people that never played before so the game was slowed a bit but everyone had a good time. The DM had clearly run that particular session several times (it was a pay to play deal that runs every night in July) so he managed everything smoothly and the story was interesting and engaging for us.

I can't speak to the other six modules in the book, but if this one is representative then the book is worth purchasing, which I may do once I wrap up Strahd...in two years.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:49 pm

Ok. Cool. I think I’m going to get it

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:22 pm

I picked up Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Ghosts of Saltmarsh today. Been reading through the Strongholds and Followers, and intend to bring at least some of that into this game on an opt in basis. I'll have a more complete post once I'm able to summarize it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm

If Ulmwin accidentally detonates the failsafe nuke, I'm not sorry.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 am

FYI It will be sometime this evening most likely before I get a chance to do anything. Walked into a FUBAR situation coming back this AM at work.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:16 am

So, Theis has been busy with out-of-forum stuff, so Holger's been kind of staring at lights for a bit now (going chaos-nova takes it out of you!).

I've not heard from Theis, so rather than me just dictating what Holger does, I'm opening it up to you guys to decide.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler