The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:43 am

Yes, the amount to deduct was 1145 copper and 305 silver.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:12 am

Burns, please confirm whether or not you updated the sheet for Maji or not. Wouldn't want to deduct money from you twice.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 am

thinkslogically wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 am I'll use 5 inks, don't you worry!
Kinda figured you would. ;)

Thanks for updating mine, Spider. That explains where you got the numbers from. I was getting a bit confused as to where you were getting them. :P

Updating from me may be... a bit slow. Our internet connection seems a bit tenuous today. We've had several minor freeze ups already.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 am

Who's turn to roll your d12 of horror?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:48 am

I refuse to take responsibility for our potential demise this time :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 am

BadgeAddict wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:12 am Burns, please confirm whether or not you updated the sheet for Maji or not. Wouldn't want to deduct money from you twice.
Burns only had 1151 copper, I think, so if that's still there, it hasn't been deducted.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 am

I already subtracted the amount.

Also here you go. Dice of doooom: 1D12 = [6] = 6

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm

You know, the more Holger and Tess keep stressing about Randy's sanity, the more tempting it gets to go full on Cthulu with him. >:D I mean, he DOES have a perfect excuse, having had an Old One ( no matter how benevolent the original intent) rearrange his software for him. And Halloween is coming up....

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:21 pm

They're not stressing about him :P just chatting about him behind his back :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 am

Sorry I've been a bit slow with the posting, just picked up a 5th lab section with one of our full time contractors taking a full time industry job.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 am

Those zombies would only have been an issue for Coljin had he flubbed his investigation check and been right within grabbing distance before realizing the "cobblestone" was the top of a head. Even then, the cleric is definitely the one you want to be encountering a pair of zombies at the bottom of the well, if anyone in the party is going to!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 am

He is sending up two dead bodies without a heads up? That's going to be interesting.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:40 am

Yeah, I kind of pushed forward, but feel free to RP having a couple more bodies arrive topside!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 am

Isn't this giant spider far underground? It is a long ways off and then we would need to find a way down to it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:03 am

Yep. Maji probably will not be able to get to it.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am

For some reason, when Spider starts getting into detail about "atmosphere", I get nervous. :paranoia:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:19 pm

No sinister intent, I promise. Just establishing that you've dim light for the night, and a bit of a nudge to determine what direction the party is wanting to go.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:05 am

Just added a bit of dialogue to my post to indicate it is going away from us in case Thinks caught it before I edited it
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:34 am

An update has been made to core rulebook errata for 5e.

There are many that are just tweaks to wording, but I've copied over a few that might come up or have bearing, and included a few comments of my own.

The one of you most impacted would be Maji, as a handful of beasts have had their 'to hit' bonus increased, including his standard brown bear form.

New errata:

[New] Grappling (p. 195). Before “If you succeed” in the second paragraph, the following sentence has been added: “You succeed automatically if the target is incapacitated.”

[New] Shoving a Creature (p. 196). In the last sentence of the second paragraph, “If you win the contest,” has been changed to “You succeed automatically if the target is incapacitated. If you succeed,”

Both make a fair bit of sense, and would likely have been granted/argued for even w/o errata.

[New] Acid Splash (p. 211). In the second sentence, “one creature” is now “one creature you can see,” and “two creatures” is now “two creatures you can see.”

Make sense, since the flavor is hurling a bubble of acid, that you'd need to be able to see to hit.

[New] Call Lightning (p. 220). In the first paragraph, “100 feet” is now “within range.” In the second paragraph, “within range” is now “under the cloud.”

Not sure they got this one right... it went from "A storm cloud appears in the shape of a Cylinder that is 10 feet tall with a 60-foot radius, centered on a point you can see 100 feet directly above you." to now read "A storm cloud appears in the shape of a Cylinder that is 10 feet tall with a 60-foot radius, centered on a point you can see within range directly above you." It can also now only target under the cloud, which is only 60 ft radius horizontally, but the range of the spell is 120 ft.
As it now reads, you'd be able to drop it indoors...?

[New] Contagion (p. 227). The last sentence of the first paragraph now reads, “On a hit, the target is poisoned.”
The second paragraph now reads, “At the end of each of the poisoned target’s turns, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. If the target succeeds on three of these saves, it is no longer poisoned, and the spell ends. If the target fails three of these saves, the target is no longer poisoned, but choose one of the diseases below. The target is subjected to the chosen disease for the spell’s duration.”

Initial wording of this one was confusing, so good to see them change it. The intent was apparently for them to have to fail 3 CON saves to have the disease, but that wasn't clear, and read as if the disease took hold initially. The semi-broken way to work it was to choose Slimy Doom, which gives disadvantage on those CON saves, and be able to stun them down. But if it DIDN'T take hold initially, you had to wait 3 rounds for there to be any benefit to casting it. Giving them a temporary poisoned condition seems to clean up that problem.

[New] Disintegrate (p. 233). The last sentence of the second paragraph now reads, “The target is disintegrated if this damage leaves it with 0 hit points.”

My reading of this is that it would now grant protection to half-orcs and druids in wild shape, to where they no longer get turned to dust if they temporarily drop to 0.

[New] Levitate (p. 255). In the first sentence, “One creature or object” is now “One creature or loose object.”

Probably put in to reduce arguments about ripping X off of Y? It has a lift limit of 500 lb, I'd probably still allow non-loose objects to be targeted, and rely on the weight limit to dictae whether it is moved.

[New] Unseen Servant (p. 284). In the first sentence, “shapeless force” is now “shapeless, Medium force.”

You just know that needing to dictate a size on Unseen Servant was because someone summoned one they claimed was gargantuan as a means around some DM's puzzle.

[New] Exhaustion (p. 291). The following sentence is appended to the last paragraph: “Also, being raised from the dead reduces a creature’s exhaustion level by 1.”

HA! Because reaching 6 levels of exhaustion means death, and if you get raised again and are still exhausted with 6 levels, you'd otherwise immediately die?! Does clarify that exhaustion doesn't go away with being raised, not sure if that is specified elsewhere. Raise Dead and Resurrection note that coming back from the dead is an ordeal, you have have a -4 penalty to rolls, but that would apparently stack with any exhaustion you still had. Seems a bit odd for someone dead a long while...

[New] Black Bear (p. 304). The to-hit bonus for both Bite and Claws is now +4.

Up from +3.

[New] Brown Bear (p. 304). The to-hit bonus for both Bite and Claws is now +6.

Up from +5.

[New] Riding Horse (p. 310). The to hit bonus for Hooves is now +5.

Big jump, up from +2.

[New] Warhorse (p. 311). The to-hit bonus for Hooves is now +6.

Up from +4.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:44 am

You missed the errata where it stated that maces wielded by clerics now do 1d12 damage. :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 am

Nice try. If we had a Beast Master Ranger, there were a number of small quality of light updates for them too, but left that out since it doesn't apply to Randerwaith.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 am

Too bad they didn't change dragonborn, but overall happy with changes to his forms.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am

What did you want them to change dragonborn to? Errata seeks to clarify and balance, but don't think there is anything really confusing or out of balance with dragonborn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 pm

I don't know.......

maybe make them a bit more dragony? Even thier racial feats seem weak compared to other races.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm

They are the only race with a breath weapon... how much more dragony can you get? Racial feats, and feats in general are optional, and as such I think they tried to design them such that they remain optional, rather than making the racial feat a MUST for anyone playing that race. That being said, I can't recall what they are, so must not have made that much of an impact on me...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler