Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:56 pm

He could stand on Dornikal's shoulders?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Crap, forgot the height limit. This spell is rigged, rigged I say!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:14 pm

It will be a joint effort, Holger could make an illusion with the proper height :p

Btw, Holger can also assist Randy with funding the rapier, he brought everything with him in his arcane locked box.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm

...Or Nem could cast it and avoid the whole issue.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 pm

After calculating up Randy's resources, including the 60 gp reward, he'd be able to come up with 813.6 gp total, including trade in value of the burning sword. If the group were willing to let Maj's gold go to the effort (360 gp) then Randy would be able to meet the price and still have some left to live on (143.6 gp to be exact).
Maj's gold does give the group a bit of a slush fund/community war chest to play with. Could be done with the expectation that those using would be expected to contribute a percentage back to it. Also no reason to limit it to just the original 360 gp if the idea is liked enough. By pooling resources like that, it would make it possible for characters to have access to additional funds for more expensive purchases, provided the group approves of the use. People who use the funds, couldn't use it again until they paid back the original loan [and maybe a use fee of something like 10 gp?] with perhaps a waiver of the rule for special circumstances, again subject to group approval.
Thoughts?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:29 am

Dornikal would be in for such a deal, once his position in the group is secure.

Also he would very much like to trade in the magical spear as well if he can get another, better magical weapon. The spear's value is limited beyond its 'magical' status and it requires two hands.

If Thinks/Tess would be willing to pass Dornikal back the rapier he would gladly pass her the shortsword? The rapier's magical ability of +hp based on con after a kill is more useful to Dornikal but using a d8 weapon may be more attractive to Tess than using a d6 + 7 damage 5% of the time.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:32 am

Ulmwin's hoping to get a magical weapon at some point, but no real preference as to what. Probably will eventually find something in a dungeon crawl that suits him.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:44 am

Sure, Dornikal can have the rapier back. The only reason Nem was using it over her regular rapier was because it was magical and we got attacked by those were-jackals. It was never an optimal choice so much as a way to do ANY amount of damage :)

I'm happy with setting up a group pot of money, with (for example) one share of any gold / rewards we get going into it. I don't think we necessarily need to worry about having too many rules associated with rates or payback or whatever so much as just agreeing as a group that we'd like to spend the money on whatever it is. Purchasing for individuals is fine as long as it's beneficial to the group for example (e.g., if someone really needs an armour/weapon boost to stop them being a liability), but otherwise, stuff like buying the wagons and ponies could have been covered from the pot, or if we need to resurrect someone or whatever.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 am

Angrily grumbles something about how the rapier was originally his

:P

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 am

A share to the common pot sounds good to me. Do we just allocate or consider it a loan to be paid back?
I don't think there's much question that the rapier has multiple benefits for Randy: increased attack, increased damage, AND increased armor (he'd be able to use his shield). Since he picks up an extra attack at 5 and he still maintains his bonus action, no decrease in number of attacks, with the potential of an extra or doing extra/force damage with one. Or maybe just dodging instead of being a damage sponge. :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Isn't Randy currently a walking arsenal anyway?

Anyway, I'd forgotten the rapier came from Ulmwin, so if he wants it back it's his I guess :) Nem could do with A magical weapon of some sort, but as long as it's a finesse weapon she's fine.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:05 pm

He still has 3 knives, the bow, and one short sword. He gave the other one to Zokk.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 am

Dornikal whistles and tries not to draw attention to his heavy crossbow, longsword, greataxe, warhammer, spear and 14 javelins.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 am

Nah, rapier should stay with someone else. Ulmwin's staying in the backline for the most part and got his own healing, so I gladly gave up the rapier with the knowledge someone else could use it better :)

I'd probably want to claim the first ranged magic weapon we come across, but tbh even that might first best go to Randy? I'm thinking perhaps even just some magical armor or things along those lines could be useful/fun.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:59 am

Gordon is fine with sharing the pot as long as it's a tasty stew... Or perhaps a porridge.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:23 am

M0rtimer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 am Nah, rapier should stay with someone else. Ulmwin's staying in the backline for the most part and got his own healing, so I gladly gave up the rapier with the knowledge someone else could use it better :)

I'd probably want to claim the first ranged magic weapon we come across, but tbh even that might first best go to Randy? I'm thinking perhaps even just some magical armor or things along those lines could be useful/fun.
Also Nem. She's basically the party sniper, and with a utility build she's not got much else going offensively. Not arguing that Ulmwin isn't due some better gear though!

And I guess it was Dornikal I was thinking of as the party weapons-depot :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:24 am

Zokk is willing to share anything. Only thing that they would want in the future is something that will help against fire.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:34 am

Poor Burns, being mistreated by the staff at this place in two characters now...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:28 am

Some kind of cosmic karma, perhaps? :P
Gonna be a little busy for a bit.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am

Sorry things have been slow on my part, was out of town visiting family over the weekend, and got some bad news about a highschool friend that had me in a headspace where I didn't want to advance story, as I think I might have been prone to accidentally take things out on you guys. :?

In more positive news, I should be getting back into the swing of things soon, and did spend most of the driving this weekend thinking about how I want to go about converting my old Surviving Castle Heterodyne game on here into a 5e based version, while still retaining some of the crafting stuff that I really enjoyed about that game. I think I have my underlying concepts to a point where I will post to get a bit of crowd sourcing on some final polish to the system before hopefully launching a new chapter in that game, probably not until January though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:40 am

OH, I want IN on that game!
I was lurking and reading while that was going on, it always interested me.
Though the going was slow, I like the concept.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:52 am

I want in as well!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:03 am

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the time with your family was good :)

But I totally get why you've postponed it then. I recently checked back on some of the things from the desert and there's definitely a shift in how I played Holger, which coincided with a rough period in my life.. But it fits well that it roughly ended when we got to the city :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:06 am

Yeah, my frustrations don't need to bleed through to NPCs being even less pleasant towards the party than they already are in this town! At least you guys have a few locals in your corner.

Nice! I'll make sure to mention it here once I have the post together where I'm looking for input on game mechanics. Basically I understand 5e really well, and it requires a lot less tracking of numbers and extensive rolling that SCH relied on.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler