The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by The Lost » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:43 am

I just hope if they shoot fire it counts as a ranged attack for monk’s deflecting missiles.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:53 am

As they get closer, but still far out of ear shot Coljin mentions to his companions, "I have some protections spells ready. Bless will be in use for the front line fighters, and I can also help by giving resistance to fire to one or two of you, but it is a spell that only lasts one hour, or if I get hurt badly and lose concentration."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Do note that both bless and protection from energy are concentration, so wouldn't be able to keep both of them up. You do have the amulets which can confer temporary fire resistance, and there isn't such a thing as double resistance, either you have it (and take half) or you don't.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Oh, I guess I need to actually go read the spells to know what I'm doing. Ok, then , Blessing it is!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Just so it's posted more recently...

The amulet has 7 charges. While wearing it, you can expend charges to create the effects below.

The amulet regains 1d6+1 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expend the amulet's last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the amulet crumbles into dust and is destroyed.

• As a reaction, when you take fire or radiant damage, expend 1 charge to gain resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the resistance ends.

• As an action, expend 1 charge to create a radiant flame in your hand. The flame remains there for up to 10 minutes, and harms neither you nor your equipment. The flame sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The flame vanishes if you dismiss it as an action, or if you attack with it. As part of the action to produce the flame, or as an action on a later turn, you can hurl the flame at a creature within 30 feet of you. Make a ranged attack with +5 to hit. On a hit, the target takes 1d4 fire damage and 1d4 radiant damage.

• As an action, expend 6 charges to wreathe your body in wispy flames for the 10 minutes, shedding bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. You can end the flames early by using an action to dismiss it. You have resistance to cold damage, and whenever a creature within 5 feet of you hits you with a melee attack, the shield erupts with flame, dealing 2d8 fire damage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 am

Gonna be a bit hit and miss on the forums this week. Clinic took significant water damage, so we're teleworking, which means more computer/paperwork. Using the official laptop, so the firewall is still an issue even if I'm at home. Late in the day/evening I can get access to the home computer for a short bit. Stocks are a bit wild, so the other half has been dominating it's use lately.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:39 am

No worries. I'm in a bit of a grading crunch at the moment, so haven't been pushing us forward. Might be a good time for the party to strategize, then once we're all above water again, we can jump into your dungeon delve?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm

:chuckle: For me, there's just days when I'm not so far under that you need a sonar to find me. If I ever get to the point where I'm actually caught up, I'll probably have a nervous breakdown from being conditioned to being overloaded. :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am

Not above water, but able to tread. We can proceed when folks are ready?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Dornikal is ready to go!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 pm

Ready. :)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 am

I might be at periscope depth. We'll give it a try.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:03 am

Not saying I might not need to submerge... the course coordinator just went on maternity leave, so I'm stepping into those shoes for our class as well. But we'll give it a go, if all are ready. I'm considering taking a suggestion on running PbP and implementing combat in a slightly different way. It will be pretty similar to how we've done it, but slightly less constrained to turn order? Basically treating things in blocks, where if we have something like this:

PC
PC
PC *
Enemy NPC
PC
PC
Enemy NPC
Enemy NPC

Then I'd ask those first three PCs to go ahead and post. If I have them all by the time I'm able to post, I'll process them, but if I only have 1 or 2, I'll update for them, and then pause for the others before posting for first enemy. That way if you're the PC marked with the asterisk, you don't need to wait on two other PCs ahead of you to post what you want to do.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:43 am

Ok I like that idea. And that way if you think that something one of the other two players may affect your actions, you can still wait and see if you need to, but in straightforward combat where you are not worried about others actions, it will speed things up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:28 pm

Definitely agree. (I mean, I've already been kind of doing it when I wasn't sure if I'd be able to post swiftly when the person before me gets to act :shifty: )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:50 pm

Yeah, just kind of formalizing it, and that I'll potentially be breaking from turn order with updates. So if it's supposed to be Randy, Zokk, Ulmwin, and Lurk's periscope is down, I'll post an update with only Zokk and Ulmwin's actions, and then get one from Randy when we can.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:33 pm

Sounds good to me. Kinda like Mort says, we've sort of/kind of done it that way at times.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:54 pm

Just a heads up/confirmation that I'm in the end of the semester crunch, so things will continue to be a bit sporadic for the next week or so.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:16 am

S'okay. I'm dealing with an administrative clusterF***k right now anyhow. :wall:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 01, 2021 6:23 am

Semester's wrapped, so I'll get a post up!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Just an early heads up, but now that we're fully vaccinated, the wife and I will be traveling to see family that we've not seen in a year. It's an 8 hour drive, and she's staying an extra week, while I'm coming back to work. Travel days where I likely won't be able to post at all will be the 10th, 18th, 22nd or 23rd, and 25th. From the 11-17th and 23-24th, my posting will likely be evenings and early mornings only.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Work has gotten "busy", admin mainly. In naval parlance, we dove deep and are flirting with the crush limit. Don't know if I'll be looking in much. If my turn comes up, message me.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat May 22, 2021 10:21 am

On vacation until Wednesday and doubt I'll be able to post until I'm back.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 am

I know that Lurks may still be lurking below sea level, but I've posted an update and should be good to post at a more reliable rate going forward!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:56 am

I hope the red tinting on the dead ones reads well to you guys, the red Xs were just making things a bit too busy for me.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler