The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 am

Badge, if you're going to do a split on the ingots don't include Dornikal (unless you really want to). They are before his time and he has no claim to them. I figure you wouldn't have anyhow but so you don't have to worry about me asking later I thought I would let you know where I stand.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:41 am

((There is no rapier of that description.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 am

^I edited it to Scimitar.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:49 am

but how much are they worth?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 am

How much are what worth?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 am

Didn't Coljin or Holger ask for the scimitar? It's less use to tieflings because we already have fire resist. I might be misremembering tho.

Wrt Nem's new spells... I'm going to need to think about it a bit. There are some fun options on that list, but I need to figure out what flavour I want to go with :D

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 am

The scimitar hadn't left her control yet...and now I have a use for it.

I shared the spear.

speaking of sharing..would anyone be interested in the magical scabbard?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am

What does it do?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:20 am

Badge, I think the total worth on the bars was 1,100 gold (1,000 of that belonging to the gold bars), if that is what you were asking?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:16 am

oh...okay, thanks.
I imagine it will go into group loot until sold.

The scabbard - "Wonderous item, uncommon (requires attunement)
The bearer gains a +1 bonus to Charisma (Intimidation) checks if the target can see this item.
When the bearer removes their weapon from the scabbard, they feel a flash of harmless pain, and make a CON saving throw, DC 10. On a failed save, the next time they would take damage in the next minute, they take an additional 1d4 damage. On a success, that damage is reduced by 1d4."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am

Not for me thanks. Nem's MO is to not be seen. Also, she's really squishy.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:13 am

Not exactly a cursed item, but not far from it. Randy tends to catch too much damage to be playing Russian Roulette.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am

May be something for Dornikal? He has the HP to spare. Probably much more useful than the spear, even with the downside. Besides he has a con save of +6 so the odds are in his favor?

Can the scabbard hold things other than swords? Like for instance, hammers? It magically fit to Zephyr's sword so maybe it can hold a hammer :P.

Though, the way it's worded it may cause enough damage negation that it would cause rage to end early. What's the ruling on that Spider?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

I'm also guessing that Ulmwin should take the horn? Not that I immediately see any great uses for it, but I suppose he would be able to use it best :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Yeah, why not. It seems like a bardy thing to have, and it should probably go on someone's sheet or else we'll forget it exists.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 pm

well, everything is captured in the Loot section.

Obviously once we come into a town, things can be just as easily sold. Though, and this is my opinion. Magical items which are sold should be a shared profit with the group....I might be greedy with items, but I'm not greedy with money.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Kinda noticed something along those lines. :roll: :chuckle: . Pretty sure that Randy is going to have buy his offensive upgrades. Zephyr jumps on items like a dog on a bone.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Maji would need to find a defensive upgrade he can wear in beast form and stacks with his barbarian stiff.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 pm

I mean...I jump on the items that I find...and I pick them up...and stash them on my person...

then, yes... Do I reach over and grab magic items away from other people when they find things?

nope.

I am planning on seeing if I can get the Orc Full Plate resized into Full Plate for Zephyr...and then I'll be quite happy with life.

Also would be nice if I could find a +1 shield once we get out east.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm home and healthy. Very sore for a few days, and staying home from work. But kidney stone pain. WOW!!!

The Dr's were amazing and i'm also amazed at how quick they were. The stone was blocking and causing very low kidney function. They got me in for surgery that same day.

Now, back to the game and fun stuff.

Coljin will indeed stay on the straight path of just cleric.
He will take the stat increase of +2 to wisdom.
This will max him out at 20 there, but give his spells saving throws one better along with a bunch of skill bump ups.
For his new cantrip he will take TOLL THE DEAD. I can hear a lot of Doctor Who cloister bells going off in the next fight we find.

Level 4 hit points: 1D8+1 = [7]+1 = 8

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Dornikal would also like the +1 shield and probably everything Maji would like defensively. Getting +2 AC bracers of barbarianness (don't remember their name, but they only work without a shield) would be great too! Or something to increase his speed. Or... :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am Can the scabbard hold things other than swords? Like for instance, hammers? It magically fit to Zephyr's sword so maybe it can hold a hammer :P.

Though, the way it's worded it may cause enough damage negation that it would cause rage to end early. What's the ruling on that Spider?
Can try... yeah, if you haven't attacked and it prevents damage to where you haven't taken any, it could drop your rage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Holger hp: 1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10

Holger seems to continue on his path to become some sort of battlemage :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Well if we're going over wish list stuff....
Some kind of enhanced finesse weaponry.
Elven cloak and boots
Elven chain
And maybe a ring of spell storing.
Pretty sure that the elven stuff will need to be purchased at some point. Randy is usually doing something else besides looting (which is according to character).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:07 pm

So the one issue I have with Zephyr jumping on all the items we find is one of timezones and player access to the forums. If we were all sitting around a table it would be ok, but it seems like the first thing Zephyr does at the end of the last couple of battles has been to rush to wherever the loot is and take first pick.

For instance, this time around, Z looted the outside corpses before she knew the inside battle was finished, then swept the rest of the cave while Nem and Maji snuck up on the chef. I believe the others were talking to the prisoners while it happened. So there's an element of "forum time" creeping in I think vs IC time.

That's all fine - looting is fun, and games have to move forward in a timely manner. But it definitely feels a little unfair that she gets first dibs on everything and an equal share of the gold because badge is actively prioritising that aspect over e.g. talking or exploring or whatever.

Maybe it's not that big a deal - we're all diversifying into various classes and stuff, but equally, we're not getting a lot of gear that is really good, and it would be nice to have some of the gear we find get distributed more fairly. Maybe there's a system we can implement IC/OOC for how we choose stuff?

Just my 2p.