The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:30 pm

"I have no idea, but your library sounds lovely and cosy. If I ever have one of my own, Id want it to be a bit more lively I think. A place where people can read stories to each other and share what they've learned!"

Nem has never even thought about going to a library until now. I suspect she's in for a shock.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Randy smiles at Tess's naivety. "I think you're going to find that most libraries are quiet places of study. There are some theaters that do what you describing, and they may be associated with schools of learning with libraries, but you probably won't find both under one roof. " He looks thoughtful for a minute. "Unless the bards have something like that..." He looks a question at Ulmwin.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:08 am

((The instrument presentation would be days later... You guys hitting the road by then?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:29 am

((I would very much like to get out of the mine as would Dornikal.))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 am

(( I suppose the goats could be jerked while on the road. Just set up some drying racks on the wagons and let the desert do it's thing. That is if Tess doesn't mind her wagon looking like a bacon display and people don't mind being followed by buzzards. :P ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:42 am

((Buzzards are food too!))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:58 am

(( >:-P Technically true, but I wouldn't want to eat one unless there was literally nothing else available. Snakes, lizards, and bugs are more appetizing. ))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:03 am

Ulmwin chuckles a bit, shaking his head... "You know I just gotta play two notes and I know what's on there, right..?" he asks, expectantly. And barring that he denies answering... Well, it'd be something if today after all days he finally actually needed those spell slots- He'll cast comprehend languages.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:09 am

((just dry them on one of the other wagons and leave the nice one for sleeping :P Nem's happy to leave, and I'm happy to get back onto a single timeline!))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 am

The only thing Coljin would like to try to accomplish before we leave, is making the anti toxin potions from the herbs he purchased.
He would set up the needed alchemy area in the 'throne room' and would ask Maji to assist, hopefully.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:02 am

While the others were gone...sad that she couldn't take the throne with her. Zephyr breaks it down for spare parts. Trying to keep the most ornate part of it in one piece, so that it could be brought with her.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:06 am

((Maybe you could mount the backrest onto the other wagon behind the driver's seat? It wouldn't be a full throne, but it might look fancy enough to pass?))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:17 am

^That's kind of what I was thinking. :lol:

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:38 am

((Perfect! It'll give us something to hook onto for the drying racks! :chuckle: Zephyr could be the Queen of Bacon and go into the food cart/wagon business. Just roll up outside some administrative office and starting selling bacon/jerky sandwiches. ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 am

Yeah, I don't want meat juice dripping on my nice cushions :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:49 am

Maji will be tempted on messing with her throne.

Edit becauae I forgot.
M0rtimer wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:03 am Ulmwin chuckles a bit, shaking his head... "You know I just gotta play two notes and I know what's on there, right..?" he asks, expectantly. And barring that he denies answering... Well, it'd be something if today after all days he finally actually needed those spell slots- He'll cast comprehend languages.
Maji gives Ulmwin a coy grin, not willing to spill what it says so easily. When Ulmwin starts casting, her can hear Maji snickering softly. Maji looks at Ulmwin with amusement and ancipitation as the bard reads what he wrote. In the small draconic print it says 'Maji's little girl'.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Ulmwin sits puzzled for a moment... Raises an eyebrow. And then soon starts chuckling himself. He gives Maji a bit of a grin, putting one hand to his side while he shakes the rattle with the other one... Seems he didn't mind the joke too much.

"Ah, don't worry Maji... I'll keep it forever it that pleases you!"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 am

Randy will leave Maj and Ulmwin to their "bonding" experience. He'll help set up drying racks on the wagons other than Tess's. He'll help load the racks and the wagons (taking some of the old blankets and covering the cargo so it doesn't get meat juice all over it). "Are we ready to go?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:50 am

:lol:

Nem will help pack up "her" wagon for the roadtrip, putting some of the unnecessary niceities away safely and clearing space for people to sit if they want to. She's very grateful to Randy that he's put the meat somewhere else to dry.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Maji gives Ulmwin a smirk and nods, snickering softly. He ruffles Ulmwin's hair before leaving. He helps move the meat and cookery into respected wagons.

(He's ready to leave this cave)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Dornikal helps Szartha prepare the wagons for departure along with Tren and Galt.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 pm

With the exchange of trade goods, there's even enough room for that ostentatious chair Zephyr seems so fond of.

Renny helps out with prepping the goats, and the next evening the wagons head out after a quick stop at the well. Szartha plants a sign warning of spotty wells ahead, along with directions to the shelter of the mine as the barrels are topped off. You get underway, and the body heat you build up walking helps to offset the cool night air. Shortly before sunrise, you make it to the next well, and begin setting up camp.

"You said you might be able to do something to treat the wells as we go?", Galt asks.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 pm

"Yes, we can try some clerical spells and see what they can do. But first we need someone to actually climb down into the well, take a rope with them, and check to see if they put corpses or something else down there to foul the water. They will need to be hauled up here before any proper cleansing can be done. "

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Dornikal adds,

"Problem is that the bodies had pretty well broken appart when we pulled up a bucket. It's going to be a messy and slow process if it can be done at all."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:39 am

Oh great, Zephyr will take the whole chair then and not take it apart. Huzzah.