The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Ily casually slinks down an the street before climbing up onto a stoop and peering through the railing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:41 pm

(( About how much time has passed since Zokk used his spell? ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:45 am

((Still within the hour.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:49 am

When supper time arrives, Coljin will finally make his way back down to the common room.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am

Ulmwin in the meantime has amde sure to keep the occasional look at the guy that seems to just be watching... Is he trying to watch them? Tess..?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm

He seems to be feigning sleep, to what end, you can't be sure, but his head is leaned back against the wall, his lips parted softly, but his eyes occasionally crack open as he scans the room.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:22 pm

Dornikal takes the sausages and for himself and the basic items for Gordon and pays, carrying the food upstairs then coming back down for the drinks he will nod and smile to Coljin or Ulmwin if he sees them.

"Feeding the new fella and tryna keep a low profile."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Ulmwin tries to not show his distrust of the character, though makes sure to subtly check in on him from time to time. Whenever someone comes to meet him back in the main hall, he'll covertly alert them to the potential watcher.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Coljin and Dornikal eventually meet up with you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm

"Yeah, do keep at it." Ulmwin states, before whispering. "There's some guy pretending to sleep over there. I'm not sure if he's here for us, or..."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Dornikal inspects the guy once pointed out, particularly his boots. He will inspect a few other points in the room too just in case there is someone else watching.

Looking at the guy: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

But is too darn hungry to care.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:47 am

His feet are tucked into shadow, so Dornikal can't make out his boots, but his clothing looks pretty shabby.

The 'sleeping' man raises a finger and a server stops by. He has a whispered conversation with her and she looks in the party's direction before replying. He clasps her hands briefly and she nods and approaches you.

"Pardon me, the fellow over there said he's been waiting for his friends to join him, a dwarf and two gnomes?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 am

Dornikal shrugs, asks the kitchen to hold his food for a bit, and heads over with the gnomes.

"Aye?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:12 am

Ulmwin pauses for a moment. DOES he recognize this guy..? In each case, there's no harm at least to go and see what it is that he wants to say...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:25 am

"Ah, there ya're! M'uncle was wondering what ya'd gotten up to. Is yar sister here?", the fellow greets you amiably, sitting to and gesturing for you to join him, his eyes shifting back and forth above his scruffy blond beard.

He waves over a server. "Round for m'friends!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 am

"Meh sister or ye mean one of their sisters?" Dornikal is confused but up for a drink and takes a seat.

"Aye like yer beard." He comments while waiting for clarification.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:35 am

Ulmwin pauses for a moment, seeming to mull the question over, before thinking he has a decent idea what the guy means. After a while, he answers.

"No, she's not with us currently- Went out for some shopping." he states, perhaps not too accurately, but it gets the idea across. If it has any hidden meaning he's unaware of it- He doesn't know Thieves Can't after all.

"What does your uncle need her for..?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am

"Meh sister or ye mean one of their sisters?"

"...Yes."

"Aye like yer beard."

"Highest compliment a beard can get."

He turns towards Ulmwin, having dismissed Dornikal as someone who can hold up a conversation.

"No, she's not with us currently- Went out for some shopping....What does your uncle need her for..?"

"Ah!", he exclaims as drinks arrive. "I'm sure she'll manage to haggle it fine. Just checkin' on a friend, Farmer Steve said there's a snake and a fox what got into the hen house, but hadn't made off with any chickies."

He downs the mug he'd had on front of him, swoops up a fresh one, sending it to join its mate before clunking the mug down and standing.

"Tell yar sis, if the market be bare, to make sure her laundry's dry."

He turns and saunters out.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56 am

"Wait... What?"

He tests the ale to make sure it isn't tainted and watches the man leave, one ale richer for the experience.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:57 am

Coljin was just about to try to respond to the man, but smiles in a bit of relieve when Ulmwin instead begins talking and dealing with the subject.
He will let Ulmwin try to deal with this as he takes a seat and listens.
He'll tell the server, "Ale please."

Then he does his best to remember the strange sentences by heart.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:01 am

((Brown ale had already been paid for and brought. Seems your drinking what he was drinking unless you'd like to order something else.))

Doesn't seem tainted or poisoned as far as Dornikal's dwarven constitution goes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 am

Ulmwin waits a bit before downing his own ale,a bit confused. Seems the guy was a friend..?

"...You guys think Tess has been making acquaintances? I thought her and Holger were an item."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:29 am

"Nah, I think this was just a contact she made in the city while she was out on her own, but not...a close friend. " he then nods and talks more quietly, "Yep, I think those two are becoming 'an item' as you say, but not like there is much privacy in our group to do anything much about it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:33 am

((Holger did have a redheaded young woman run up to him and hug him in relief after you guys left the guardhouse, so if you are looking for gossip, there's probably a deeper well there than with Tess and random bar patrons. :chuckle:))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 am

"Yeah, but you know... What happened with Holger and the redhead girl? Tess might have been looking for some revenge you know... Or maybe they're open about it..? Bah, I don't really want to make any conclusions..."

((I like to have Ulmwin be very observant to some things while clueless of others... :lol:))