The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:59 am

"Yeah. The Commander will come up with a plan."

One of the guards brings Randy the lance, and another brings Dornikal his spear (if he'd dropped it).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:46 am

Nem extricates herself from the group and takes herself off and away from the camp, dropping her Disguise Self once she's away from the crowd.

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 am

The gnome feels drawn to the Lance.

это ... выглядит знакомо ... что это за фамильярность, это то, что я видел раньше, почему мое сердце, кажется, прыгнуло мне в рот, так что я чуть не задохнулся от этого.

The gnome stumbles over weakly to look at it closer.
2d20 = [17, 15] = 32 disadvantage = 15

For ulmwin
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:07 am

2d20 = [17, 15] = 32 disadvantage = 15 - 4 = 11

In a room full of strangers, a fast growing tree, an explosion, and unknown surroundings, the lance is an anchor of odd comfort in otherwise alien surroundings hope Probably-Not-Belros. Unfortunately he has no idea why.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:08 am

"Aye figured yer just so tall ye'd have seen a naked gnome sneaking in, even with those things dragging us... wherever they dragged us. I understand ye got a thing going with naked gnomes."

"Builders? Builders of what? This place?"

((The conversation can happen pre-tree I guess! Would Dornikal have any knowledge of builders?))
---
Heading back to the bodies to check on them after what seems like an hour(?) to him. He pauses to look at the treasure pile. Pausing he examines what the things the abominations valued and specifically looks for the globe.

Investigation: 1D20 = [19] = 19

As he looks in the pile he says to Anders,

"How many have gone missing here Anders? How long's this been happening?"

((I know we got the globe but he doesn't. Any weapons/armor or it mostly just shiny stuff? They seem to be able to sense magic.))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 am

Randy takes the lance and shoulders it. He frowns at Dornikal, looking a bit confused.
"I have no idea what you're talking about."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 am

((Give me a Stonecunning History check (Int, double proficiency bonus).))

Dornikal doesn't see the globe, but there are lots of coins, gems, various jewelry and art pieces, and some assorted gear. There is a large chest, but it looks corroded and covered in (small, normal) barnacles.

((Though as a dwarf, he may have limited knowledge of barnacles.))

"Those boys last night were the first I'm aware of, but it could be they were only the first from the city, or the first we noticed. No one in the city matainence had reported that tunnel breach, so I think it was recent."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 am

As one of the humans lifts the Lance up on his shoulder, there's a painful look in the gnomes eyes as the one familiar thing is taken out of his reach. He hangs his head sadly and stumbles weakly over to the large tree. He looks up at it, lays his hand on it and says ты знаешь кто я?
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:51 am

PNB stumbles to the base of the rock cairn and tries talking to the tree. It places a consoling root on his shoulder, and another root straightens, then curves back on itself and forms a knob at the end. A third root grasps it and detaches it, handing the gnome a wooden cane.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 am "I have no idea what you're talking about."
"It was a joke. Aye heard from someone ye ate berries a naked gnome gave ye a while back. And yer tall. Jokes aren't as funny if ye got to explain'm."

---
To Anders,

"This is a lot of nice things. Maybe they brought some of it over but most of it," he picks up a piece of jewelry, "is from here. This place must of been gobbling folks up for a while."

Stonecunning: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

((Dornikal dislikes the ocean and isn't a fan of fish, so probably just pointy looking rocks.))

Edited

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

Dornikal
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 am

The gnome's eyes light up and he hugs the tree as much as he can before accepting the wooden cane. He finds that the cane is just the right height for him. He leans into it heavily as he walks over to the console in the center of the room and looks over the control panel for any recollection.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:31 am

At the mention of the Jester berry incident, Randy turns pale and shudders. "To be fair, I collected those berries myself and ate them. I misidentified them as something else. The little hermit said they were his, but he didn't give them to me. Even a madman wouldn't wish THAT on his worst enemy." He rubs at his eyes as though trying to scrub an image away.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:32 am

If Nem doesn't get caught dropping the disguise, she'll find a place near the sewer entrance where she can wait and hear if anyone comes out (or Ily returns with news). She won't be going back to the in until she finds out what happens to the others. If it sounds like an expedition is being launched to return to the sewers and look for Anders' and co. at any point, she'll recast Disguise Self and volunteer to join.

She'll pass the time by mostly worrying, and occassionally sending out a Message to each of the group (including Maji) in case they happen to come back into range.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:36 am

((The fog did dissipate in an instant at the same that it shifted from day to night.))

It takes a while, the naked, draped in rags gnome needing to pause and rest a few times as he climbs the steps.

((Give me a d20 at Disadvantage, - 4 please.))

( (That was a Halfling with the berries... Apparently you have the same issue Thinks does when it comes to the small folk!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:42 am

The gnome wheezes a few times as he finally makes it to the top step, his eyes bulging in exertion. He looks closely at the panel, looking for any words that he recognizes.

2d20 = [16, 15] = 31 11

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 am

Cojlin will assist the new gnome to the panel, watching him carefully to make sure he doesn't over-exert himself just yet, "Go slow, you were inside that...thing...for a long time and you must get used to using your body again."
He knows the man can not understand him, but speaks nonetheless.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:50 am

Coljin has a good beside manner, so his tone is soothing, even if PNB can't understand him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:28 am

(( I never said gnome or halfling, just hermit. :) ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:41 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:36 am ( (That was a Halfling with the berries... Apparently you have the same issue Thinks does when it comes to the small folk!))
((Nem probably told Dornikal :D.))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:41 am

The gnome smiles warmly at the other other gnome who helps him up the platform. The gnome can sense the generosity of heart regardless of the language barrier. He Pat's the other other gnome's arm before turning back to the control panel to look for clues.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 am

((I meant Dornikal, but it was probably Tess that told him it was a gnome! :lol: ))
* :ninja:

The PNB gets up next to the panels, and is able to read what is there, though much of it is technical and doesn't make much sense. Of the most immediate interest are placards of time etched bronze over three banks of controls.

The left most reads:

Su---t On-
Tor---l Gre---ock
A------ Abj--er

The center reads:
Sub---- Two
Gordon-- -----------
Flash ------

The right most reads:
------- Three
Geo--e F----------
----- Kni----
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:20 pm

No finding the globe he lays the jewelry back in the pile and says to Anders,

"Aye'm ready to go make sure this place is cleared. How many can ye spare? Once that's done aye'd be honored to help carry yer fallen to the surface."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:46 pm

The gnome points to a specific section of the board and says "oh"... With his finger he traces the words several times. He looks up, bleary eyes focusing on the tubes. He counts them with his finger and let's out an excited "Oh!". His attention returns to the board and he looks at the other other gnome and says "OHHH!!!"

это ... это имя должно быть тем, кем я являюсь ... у меня есть имя .... У меня есть имя !!!!

In his excitement, he lifts his arms in joy and if not for the other other gnome would have fallen over.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:55 pm

"Ah... Fella found a name. Good for him."

"...We're going to have to figure out this whole language thing sooner rather than later."