The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:09 pm

"Oh. There is another matter we're yet to broach too... Your old assistant sir, I believe lays in a grave outside the village here. Is there anything you'd like to do in that respect..?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 pm

"Three minutes should be enough to get us in...and then out?" He looks at Kreldoran questioningly, "Ye can find the orb from outside, aye? Can ye see if there are any traps? The best situation would be that the thing is an empty room and ye can get us in, grab the orb without a fight, and get us out."

In regards to Coljin's question Dornikal looks to Randy again for details on the area around house.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:26 am

"It's a manor house with a full yard surrounding it. There is a line of trees on the west side that we used to observe from. There are 4 guards who patrol grounds. Two in front and two in back. Every few minutes a guard from the front and the back exchange positions in a clockwise manner." Randy quickly sketches out the grounds on piece of paper along with the guard positions and timing of their rounds, and observed locations of windows and doors..

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:13 am

"Yes, Dornikal mentioned you'd found her resting place... If we have time... When were you thinking of hitting the manor house?"

"Did... Where the ones in this house the ones that killed her?"

"I've a few spells that might give a view in... Depends on how well it's being secured."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:54 am

"Aye think we should move fast, before they move it."

To the question about who killed the assistant he is quiet a moment before saying,

"Aye, we think so. We aren't sure exactly why they wanted the orb so much."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:15 am

Randy growls. "I don't care WHAT they want it for. I'm not interested in leaving a portable and tunable dimension gate in the hands of someone with that sketchy a character. I get enough grief from the goddess about the normal ones."
He explains to Kreldoran "The local wizards guild confiscated the globe, told us what it did, and then gave it to this 'advisor'. They clearly had reservations about it, but they didn't want to start a fight with the local lord."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:54 am

"A WHAT?!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 am

Randy gives him a look. "You didn't know?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:16 am

Ulmwin let's out a slight grimace about it being spilled out so openly against Kreldoran... As he mentally curses himself not thinking about having that conversation before meeting up with the dwarf. Still, he's silent for now, Randy already having asked his question - He's keeping an intent look on the dwarf as he responds.

Insight: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

(I'd bardic inspiration it too, but I don't think playing his lute atm would be appropriate :P )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am

The old dwarf shakily takes a seat.

"I.. my former apprentice that borrowed it seemed to think it was important, I took it for a bit more of a novelty, projecting a star chart is interesting, but it wasn't relevant to my research at the time. A tunable dimension gate... yes, I could see how that may draw attention."

He curses in dwarvish and rubs at his face with a hand, "Oh Denaria, what did I send you in to..."
► Show Spoiler
"Wait... what was that about a goddess?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:26 am

"Yeah, it's quite a hefty thing... I thought personally you might have kept it hidden because you didn't trust most people to know what it could do in full. I suppose you ought to know what it really can if you are to hold on to it..."

"And yes, we've found some clues that seem to hint the top brass here might be just a tiny bit corrupt... I'm not sure how deep that might go, perhaps not more than one would expect from a standard city," Ulmwin speaks, perhaps having some experience "But on the other hand, it seems heavily so that it might have been involved in trying to unleash abominations upon the city, so... That's something worth considering."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am "Wait... what was that about a goddess?"
Randy grimaces. " I had ...an interview, you could say... with the All Mother not too long back. Long and short of it is I got drafted into looking for extradimensional gates, in particular the Gate of the Worlds/Planes ...whatever...to shut down traffic related to the Elder Gods. In exchange, She made me into a 'planes touched' so I could do the job. She also apparently put a partial copy of Herself in my head to keep me on task. At least I assume it's a copy since my head hasn't exploded or melted or some such, like I'd expect to happen from prolonged contact with a being of that magnitude. Most of the time She stays in the background...most of the time."

He mutters something along the lines "...heard of being married to the job, but this is ridiculous! "

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:45 pm

"If aye may ask, what did ye send Denaria here for?"

Dornikal shakes his head,

"If ye want revenge elder, we can maybe help. Aye don't like these folks getting a chance to spread more pain and evil but that's a bigger issue than we signed on for and may not be the best equipped for it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:35 am

"Stars, if I'd know what it could be used for, I certainly would have kept better track of it..."

He looks at Randy, mouth agape. "You're serious, aren't you...?" He shakes his head, "And I thought I'd seen some strange stuff."

He turns to Dornikal, "She'd done a fair number of jobs for me over the years, very capable woman. My old apprentice had borrowed it before he got himself killed, and she'd managed to help me recover some of his work, and - at the time, at least - bring justice on those who killed him. Now I wonder if that group was just an intermediate... Anyway, nothing in his notes she'd found mentioned it serving as a planar anchor, but did reference more than one star chart being able to be projected. I'd dismissed it as an interesting, but out of date artifact at the time, so when he'd wanted to study it further, I was happy to loan it. Like I said, he got himself killed, and his work and lab were burgled, and Denaria was helping me recover them."

"Revenge... I can't say I'd pass up the chance... but I think first priority would be to stymie whatever plans these crooks have."

"Say, you think they're still serving breakfast? That nice orc boy made me breakfast, but that was a few hours ago and running about as a ten year old girl with good knees works up an appetite."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:33 am

Randy sighs. " The Brothers of the All Mother haven't had a church militant since the The Fall. ( And their monks don't count. They're strictly defensive.) When they need someone along those lines, they 'borrow' someone from one of the churches they're on good terms with. So I'm on loan from the church of Obad Hai. It's just that...She took it a bit more seriously. Not that she really had any real choice, I guess." He shakes his head. "I have no idea what my superiors are going to say about all this. Not like they have any real say either. I mean what are they going to do, lodge a protest?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:59 am

"Glad I've managed to steer clear of religious obligations."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:58 pm

Gordon hefts his lance as he stands there, wondering what's going on. Eventually he crawls up into the branches of his tree friend, patting it gently on the bark in warm affection.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:47 pm

Gordon crawls out the window, luckily Zokk had taken up position outside.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Zokk watches over the little friend and pats him gently with their needles.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 pm

(Needles? What kind of tree is Zokk?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 pm

((Yew-folk))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Dornikal goes down and brings up the elder a plate of breakfast, whatever they have, and a watered beer.

"So we going now? Seems like this is an ongoing, more pressing issue and we'd thought. Once the orb is back in yer hands we can sort what needs to be done to get yer apprentice her due vengeance."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:53 am

"Can you ask if they've got any hardboiled eggs? Shell on?"

When Dornikal returns Kreldoran makes quick work of the sausage, porridge and bread, cracking the shell on the egg and putting the egg in his mouth and the shell in his pocket.

"Had some cockatrice shell, but needed something else..." he says around a mouthful of egg, "I can cast a spell that will let us all talk to one another in our minds."

"I guess we ought to. Though she wasn't my apprentice, she was more the ah... head of acquisitions."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:02 am

While Dornikal is waiting for Kreldoran to finish breakfast he climbs into and out of the bag a few times to get a feel for it pausing only to raise his eyebrows at the title of the apprentice becoming something all together different.

"Well then is becomes even more serious. Aye suppose she knew her business but the people were too... prepared somehow?"

When breakfast is over,

"Whenever we're ready, lets go."

((Dornikal wouldn't normally be this pushy but I'm ready to be level 5 and to get out of this town and continue east.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:07 am

((Hey, if no one pushes, we just stand still!))

Kreldoran brushes the crumbs off of his hands and stands up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler