Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat May 11, 2019 3:40 pm

((Crud!))

(( Yo ho, yo ho, it's a pirates life for me! ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 11, 2019 5:59 pm

The rat keeps creeping, looking to make it into the sewer unseen. One of the guards definitely sees him, and pulls back in revulsion.

"Ugh, forking rats.", he spits, as he shifts his grip on his spear for stabbing.

The other guard looks around and snorts. "Better down there than on the streets... besides, didn't you get your arse chewed out last time you stabbed a rat and damaged the point of your spear."

"Man, that thing was huge, I'm telling you!"

1d20+2 = [8] = 10 1d20+2 = [19] = 21

He moves aside as Maji goes past, but aims a kick in the rat's direction to hurry it along.

"And stay down there, ya filthy vermin!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat May 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Randy pulls back on his bow, then relaxes as the guard lowers his spear and Maj passes. He thinks with some grim humor about what the guard's likely reaction would have been if he kicked a lowly rat and it turned into a rather large and irritated dragon born. He quietly chuckles to himself and returns his attention back to the guards confronting Holger.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:16 am

((Sorry about the delay, had an early shift at work and got sick yesterday, ruinning the whole day))

Holger shakes his head in slight annoyance.

"Force of habit referring to any females as girls. I'm not looking for a child but rather a grown woman. She stole something from the guild, which we are still missing."

Holger will cast silent image and make a copy of the woman and sphere next to him.

"So do you remember what happened to her and potential hidding spots ideal for stolen goods this side? I doubt it would have gone through a fence given it's function and rarity."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 12, 2019 6:50 am

Maji takes a dodge action just incase as he runs into the grate. He tries to find the dungeon.

Surv [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 13, 2019 10:52 am

"Oh... that's confusing."
"Ah!"

The guards are a bit startled as Holger conjures a 'girl' next to him.

"Ummm stole something from the guild? A month ago? Did you already report it, Magus .... ?

He looks at you questioningly to fill in a name.

The other guard speaks up, "Any hiding spots we know about, aren't good hiding spots any more for folks dealing in stolen goods."

Maji scoots across the bloody steps and down into the dark. He can make things out somewhat, and heads down the stairs that curve and descend. They soon let out into a tunnel with a curved ceiling, and there is the occasional splat of blood that he comes across. He noses about for a while, catching the scent of other rats, and something else... something that smells cold and wet, but in a way that makes his nose itch and seems out of place even with all the other cold and wet he's encountering here.

((Maji's roll will get him *something* else too, but was low enough that it's going to take a bit of nosing about in the sewers for that to happen, I'd like to see what happens with Holger and the guards first.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm

"You can just call me Holger, I know how little our titles matter to those outside the guild. And yes, all proper channels regarding the loss of the object have been used, which is why I've got this pleasant task of tracking it down, as the culprit was smart enough to have it blocked from our scrying and it hasn't been found otherwise. But don't worry about that aspect unless you know where this woman ended up after the incident."

"Any hiding spots we know about, aren't good hiding spots any more for folks dealing in stolen goods."

"True, yet I believe your experience in dealing with the local lowlife could still point me in the best direction, beyond involving myself with those.. people."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 13, 2019 2:29 pm

"Holger then. You said she stole it, and then someone killed her and took it?"
"As far as where she ended up, her family would have claimed the body, if she had any, otherwise she's likely buried south of town at the cemetery."

"If someone was trying to sell it, might ask at the Merry Mendicant. Ol' Tell cries innocent anytime he's found without something he ought not to have, but not sure I buy it...", the guard shrugs.

"Why are they sending you to look for stolen items now? It wasn't a call I was on --"
"Me neither."
"-- but seems that when she got killed would have been the time to look for it? If you don't mind my saying so. I could ask, see if anyone that did the investigating remembers anything?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 14, 2019 9:16 am

"... but anyway... we're on duty, so need to get back to that. You might ask down at the barracks, find someone who caught that one?"

Meanwhile...

Flow from the streets, and presumably within buildings as well, intersect with the tunnel Maji is traveling in, the path through the tunnel a raised walkway hugging one side of the tunnel, while the other is lower to allow flow of fluids (and solids). Perhaps luckily, with the rain all day, the flow is a bit stronger than usual, and it mostly smells like rainwater. Mostly.

Maji eventually finds where the blood trails lead, at least in part, arriving at a metal door. While is seems relatively new, the surface is dented and scratched, seemingly recently. The blood trail goes under the door, but also continues down the tunnel, seemingly stopping a few dozen feet beyond. Nosing beyond that, Maji can see a section where part of the tunnel wall has been pushed in, rubble littering the floor, and a craggy, non-constructed passageway though the stone connects and winds unevenly into the darkness.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 am

Maji sniffs around, following the blood trail, wondering who it was.

(Unseen doesn't have the highest roll like coyote did, so I had to roll twice)
Keen senses per [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21[1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18

Edit ninja:
He tries squeezing past at first and if that fails to work he uses his rodent teeth and paws to chew through/move some of the obstruction.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 14, 2019 9:34 am

The blood trail stops short of the rubble, but there's not really any obstruction, it's a wide open tunnel going into the dark. Unless you mean the metal door, obstructing you from going in there, but it's pretty rat proof, you think. As far as the rubble in the tunnel, it is made of the same blocks the tunnel is constructed of, it would seem that it either collapsed or was knocked in, revealing the tunnel beyond.

You do pick up that the blood seems the same freshness as the blood that was up in the alley, and you (or Randy, rather, who conveyed it to the party) saw two people get loaded into the wagon, seemingly one dead with a sheet over their features, and the second a young man, presumably still alive and being tended to. Good bet the blood is theirs, but since it goes on past the door, and also under the door, that's a bit puzzling. Though there does seem to be more of it past the door?

If you want to explore the natural tunnel, it's no problem to get in there, you're just scurrying over a bit of stone rubble and you'd be into the natural tunnel. That what you're doing?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Yes. Sorry i got a bit confused. I thought the rubble obstructed the tunnel so Maji couldn't squeeze through.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 14, 2019 3:02 pm

((No worries!))

Maji noses into the natural tunnel, the cold, wet... slightly off smell is stronger here.

((How far you exploring?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 14, 2019 3:10 pm

(Hmm. About 30 mins worth of exploring for now?)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:30 am

"Holger then. You said she stole it, and then someone killed her and took it?"

"That's the version I heard from the local guild."

"As far as where she ended up, her family would have claimed the body, if she had any, otherwise she's likely buried south of town at the cemetery."

Holger simply nods as that explains why the captain said she wasn't in this town.

"If someone was trying to sell it, might ask at the Merry Mendicant. Ol' Tell cries innocent anytime he's found without something he ought not to have, but not sure I buy it...", the guard shrugs.

"And where in the city would that be?"

"Why are they sending you to look for stolen items now? It wasn't a call I was on --"
"Me neither."
"-- but seems that when she got killed would have been the time to look for it? If you don't mind my saying so. I could ask, see if anyone that did the investigating remembers anything?"

"There are people higher up in the food chain in the guild getting impatient with the local guildhouse, since they still haven't gotten the item back. So I've been sent as extra help to locate it, granted internally in the guild. Your captain doesn't really like all this magic business which is why it's kept to a low profile as Iinvestigate."

"Anyway... we're on duty, so need to get back to that. You might ask down at the barracks, find someone who caught that one?"

"I might just do that, thank you for your time, I'll leave you to guard your.."

Holger will take a few sniffs getting a slight disgusted look. The illusion starts bleeding down along the arms, dropping a single drop of blood on the ground before Holger visibly waves it out of exsistence except for the one drop lying bright red on the ground.

"Secret infirmary or torture dungeon? In any case you should do something about the smell of blood and death before it bothers those living here."

Holger will start moving away from the guards only stopping if they say something that requires a more elaborate response than a nod.

Once out of sight, Holger will cast another illusion over the rooftops shoving an arrow going in a circle before vanishing. He then walks the long way around to get back to the others.

Holger insight: 1d20+3 = [11] = 14

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 15, 2019 2:11 am

((Ulmwin is just ready to play backup should anything be going wrong through all this btw :shifty:))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am

"And where in the city would that be?"

"Just outside the south gate."

"There are people higher up in the food chain in the guild getting impatient with the local guildhouse, since they still haven't gotten the item back. So I've been sent as extra help to locate it, granted internally in the guild. Your captain doesn't really like all this magic business which is why it's kept to a low profile as Iinvestigate."

"Ah. You're the fixer then. Problems are with civilians using it... no one wants to get magicked while haggling over fish. The guild gets more leeway, of course. ", he gestures at your image.

"Though mind magic or harming anyone would of course not be alright. "

"But really, we need to keep watch here. Good luck. "

"Secret infirmary or torture dungeon? In any case you should do something about the smell of blood and death before it bothers those living here."

They both look startled and a bit confused, but not angry or guilty. They have a whispered conversation, before turning back to you.

"Ummm... look, if -hypothetically-... if one were a fixer, and a magical investigator, would this hypothetical person be too busy with their own work, or would they perhaps be available to help an investigation? Hypothetically. You know, if something bad went down... hypothetically. Of course, such a person would need to approach the Commander to offer their services, and not mention that any guards encouraged them to get involved..."

"Hypothetically. "

((I don't know what the compass is...?))

Maji continues on, the sewer and scent of rats vanishing, replaced by the cold, wet, wrong scent. You find a mucus slime on some rocks that climb up to a ledge 5 ft or so up.

((If you'd like to climb it in rat form, I'll take Athletics at Disadvantage. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:22 am

"A simple stabbing wouldn't really warrant it, but if there is suspicions of any type of magical involvement then it would be detrimental not to call in such a person to check for any magical energies before they disperse. But just how bad are we talking? Hypothetically."

((I should have written the intend with the illusion, I just wanted to put it where only Randy could see it from his roof view and tell him I would circle around to meet them... Something like a browser refresh symbol))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 15, 2019 9:11 am

"Hypothetically, one dead and one not far from it..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:31 am

"I got a friend that might be able to save the dying person through magic, point me to where he/she is and I'll see to it that I have my friend come tend them right away. I can also take a quick look around for any magic that may be left just need to be able to see the scene, won't go in."

Holger casts detect magic and glances around just in case.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 am

Randy eases back from the edge of the roof and drops back down to where he climbed up to wait for Holger.

((Was he able to overhear any of that? ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Dornikal scratches his right leg, just above the knee. He wonders idly if he has an insect bite there and then if the insects here are the same as in the east.

His need for an outhouse increases ever so slightly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 15, 2019 4:04 pm

"Sorry sir, I can't let you in. Only members of the guard or civilians with clearance from the Commander. Any injured folks that the guard ends up needing to help would get taken to the infirmary that is next to the barracks."

((You don't see anything magic on them.))

((Randy, you can make an Insight check to see if you pick up anything from body language, but you couldn't hear at your position.))

((Dornikal can make a Nature check regarding insects if he wants...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 pm

(Is there no more tunnel then?)