The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am

((We will say he saw what the contents were then. Anything from the others (slaves) as he brought the remains by?))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:54 am

Also anything off of Randy's insight roll?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:40 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:54 am Also anything off of Randy's insight roll?
Doh, got eaten by the forum.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 am

"I think he's only so-so about being here. Doesn't like the mine, but likes having his own place in it."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Nem sighs.

"...Can he even hunt? Or will he just steal from caravans that make it to the camp? Fork... I don't know, Randy."

OOC: I think Nem has a bit of a dilemma to work through, but it won't change the fact that she doesn't know what to do with him (abstain). If we want to move on from our chef, I'm good to skip ahead with the orc's fate and discuss where we want to go next.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Randy looks at Maj and Ulmwin. "You two seem to be the most concerned about his welfare. Are you willing to accept responsibility for him until we can find a place for him? You will be responsible for keeping him on his best behavior and keeping him out of trouble. Bear in mind that if he crosses the line even once, accident or no accident, I'll be forced to kill him. I don't think the others who voted against him will tolerate anything less. If you don't feel up to that, step aside now and let me do what has to be done. "

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 am

Zephyr, currently off in her own little world, takes a closer look at the throne and hefts it a bit to see if she could carry it. She puts the BAG OF HOLDING into her own satchel (for now) and then tries to lift the throne, intent on carrying it over and putting it into the wagon.

(Is the throne ugly or nice? and what is it made out of?)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 am

Maji gives Randy a nod.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 am

"... I suppose I'd be willing to try, yeah. I'm not exactly the best person, though... I don't even speak orc!"

"But, I suppose part of me feels obligated to try... The idea would be to try and get him on the cart for now- Tell him we're gonna relocate... Then we can try giving him some of our rations and see if he puts em to good use..?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 am

Randy gives a neutral nod. "Let me run it by him. As to speaking orc, well, how many people speak it? If he's going to live with non-orcs, he's going to have to figure a way of communicating with them, whether he learns to lip read common or some other way. I'm willing to help translate while he learns, but he needs to come up with something. And we'd better keep him away from the other survivors. Tren is more than willing to slit his throat."

(( Little busy this morning. May be a little bit before I can finish posting on this.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:57 am

Nem shakes her head at not speaking orc and heads back to the mules to get them some food and water for now. She'll move them back inside too if it looks like we're not going to be leaving for a while.

After all that, she'll investigate their cart a bit and see if there's anything left of her nice decorations and such it if it's all been stopped down to be as practical as possible.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 am

Zephyr pulls the bag of holding off the throne and appraises it. It's awful big and ornately carved. Should be worth something to someone. Now if she can just get it to a wagon. It's too big to carry easily, but it is drag/pushable.
► Show Spoiler

The others debate the fate of the orc, who has now put the lid back on the kettle of porridge and returned to the horse stew, merrily ladling out bowls and handing them to everyone still there, oblivious to the conversation about his fate going on right behind him.

Tess heads out to tend to the mules, Rusty and Bramble moving to the ends of their leads to great her. She draws off some water from the barrel in the back of the wagon, and doles out some feed for them and the others into the buckets she saw near where they were being kept.

There is some orcish graffiti on her decorations, but should be able to be cleaned off.

Dornikal is met partway back by Galt, who was coming to see what was happening. The big half-orc silently helps him carry the remains, stopping at one of the wagons for some fabric to make them a shroud like Talish and Rens, before carrying them out to where Szartha and Tren are keeping vigil. The dragonborn has cast light on another pebble, and Tren is attempting to finish removing the cage from his head.

((Tess opened the hinged muzzle portion, it's still secured around his neck. So once it's off, you can add "dragonborn muzzle cage" to the inventory. Tess, you're in the area if you'd like to chip in.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 am

Maji gets a spoon and starts eatting the stew, savouring it. He gently pokes the orc's shoulder and gives him a thumbs up and grins at the orc. He then gets a new bowl and fills it with some stew and hands it to the orc.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 am

Zephyr inspects the fine craftsmanship of the chair and decides that she does indeed want to take it with them, she wanders deeper into the cave to try to find someone who can help her move it and enters the rather strange scene of an Orc surrounded by others. Having some idea of what is happening, she doesn't draw her sword.

Having grown up as she did, other than when they were trying to kill her, as they were outside, she had always been taught that the big brothers Orcs were impressive creatures held in some high regard and wondered if perhaps the gnashers were in need of a cook, if only the dumb brute understood goblin.

Zephyr ignores the others and approached the Orc, tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention and then speaking in goblin.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 am

Nem sees the group struggling with the muzzle and offers to help try and unlock it ((I assume it's locked?))

Thieves tools:
Thieves tools (Dex + Prof): 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

Apparently it's still tricky.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:42 am

Once Dornikal has spoken over the remains of what he believes are Jhon and Benjo he stiffly approaches Szartha and waves him further into the mine and away from everyone before explaining what was in the orc kitchen.

"Aye've suspected since...since right after aye killed Jhon. The orcs said things. Aye needed to let ye know and ye can decide what to say to the others."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 am

It takes a while, but Tess is finally able to spring Szartha. He thanks her and pauses, eyeing her in consideration, before Dornikal asks for a word. He nods his thanks again, before slowly following after the dwarf.

He listens, his face contorting to a scowl. "So... what exactly are you saying...?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:59 am

The orc awkwardly returns Maji's thumbs up, and tucks in to his own bowl of stew, smacking his lips. "Hurm, hurr."

Zephyr tries talking to him in goblin, but he just looks at her in confusion, "Hurm? Hurr, hurr!", before hurrying to fill a bowl and extend it to her. "Hurm, hurm!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:00 am

She gives Szartha a grin as she replaces her "hairpin".

"Not my first time, love."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:03 am

"Aye'm saying that the forkers have been feeding us Benjo. Then Jhon. Aye guessed they were doing it maybe a couple days ago ((ish?)). Aye didn't share meh worries then because aye thought it'd only cause problems the day before we tried to escape and aye wasn't sure."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:04 am

Zephyr raises an eyebrow (in the way she does) and tries one more time.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am

Before he heads back with Dornikal....

Szartha nods at Tess, "You learn that from your Aunt?"
► Show Spoiler

In his conversation with Dornikal....

"Forking ladles.", if someone as weak and exhausted as Szartha could look more ill... he does.

"I'm sure Korgal was sitting on that bit of info as a final thing to taunt you with.", he sighs, rubbing his head with a clawed hand.

"Tren's tough, but this might break her. I don't think you or I know the extent of what they put her and Talish through already. I don't make a habit of lying to my employees... or friends, but I think we keep this between us for now."

The orc gets excited when Zephyr says "Hurm.", dropping his ladle to clap his hands. "Hurm, hurr, hurm hurm!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 am

"Aunts, uncles, cousins... Been a while since the last family reunion though."
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am

Zephyr rubbed her temples, this idiot was starting to give her a headache. She rolls her eyes and then looks around for Dornikal, who albeit a dorf, was impressively strong. She backtracks through the cave until she finds him and then asks "Would you mind giving me a hand with a real nice throne I found, would make something nice to sit in for the rest of our journey."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am

Dornikal nods,

"Aye'm sure she had it worse than we did. We should let our rescuers know to not say anything. Tess tried to help."

He goes to find the people that had been in cooking area and quietly ask them,

"Please don't mention what ye saw in kitchen with the other captives."

Afterwards he will help Zephyr move the chair, surprised she'd ask him in his current state but wanting to be helpful to his rescuers.

He will respond to her question with a nod.

((Any roll or just helping?))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.