The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:46 pm

((They aren't pleased the snakes are there, but then, at least they're not cursed?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm

(hmm.... ) Maji starts to turn around the cart and gets closer to the sneks and uses a dodge action.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:01 pm

((To add to the large update you got Spider))

Dornikal spins around as the snake pays him no mind,

"COME BACK AN' FIGHT MEH!"

He moves as quickly as he can to put himself between the wagon and the giant snake monster and jabs the spear wildly at it.

Attack middle snake 2, reckless: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [12, 14]+6 = 20

Attack middle snake 2, reckless dmg: 1D6+4+2+1D6+2 = [3]+4+2+[3]+2 = 14
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:48 am

Ulmwin clambers out of his cart, and heads towards the back of the one Tess is driving.

Maji begins swinging around to the south to get headed in the right direction, the two mules being drawn along behind, and eliciting a round of cursing in Infernal from Zephyr. She hops out and uses her dagger to slice through parts of the makeshift harness, freeing the druid.

Randy runs past the following mules, bow at the ready.

((The three smaller snakes are within your normal longbow range after your 30 ft movement, the 3-headed is not yet in your normal range, so would be at disadvantage.))

Renny
Dornikal
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin
Ulmwin
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy <-----------------<<<
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 am

Randy pulls back for his shot and trips and stumbles as he releases.

long bow:1d20+5 = [1] = 6

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am

The ranger's shot goes wide, the shaft lost in the sand. Tren has a bit better luck, firing at the snake to the north of the party, which, in being focused down on by many members, is looking a bit rough.

Tren: Xbow: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

The mules are braying and pulling at their traces, the pair pulling both left and right, but are brought up short by the harnesses, and don't go anywhere.

Rusty takes off forward, Bramble colliding with him, the pair stumbling about before getting moving, as they haul the party wagon to the northeast, narrowly missing Tren.

The two tired mules pull hard on their leads at the back of Szartha's wagon, but neither is able to break free.
The three snaked monstrosity surges forward, its serpentine body thrusting side to the side as it hisses its way even with Dornikal, one of the heads turning briefly in his direction before seemingly dismissing him and focusing on the gnome in the wagon ahead.

"HURRR HURRRM!", Renny bellows, charging the nearest snake to hack at it with his cleaver.

((Mules will attempt to bolt on their turns, a successful Animal Handling check will keep them in place for the round.))

Renny
Dornikal <-----------------<<< ((Letting you give me input on whether you want to move and target as originally stated.))
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin
Ulmwin
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:48 am

((Target the monster instead, move east, north-east to block it from moving forward.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:46 pm

"COME BACK AN' FIGHT MEH!"

A very angry Dornikal doesn't like being ignored, and runs between the monstrosity and the gnome's wagon, thrusting forward with his spear, the tip glowing, then bursting forth with green light that sears the flesh where the spear point landed in one of the coils. The three heads with their strange snake stalks loom over him, nine tongues flickering in his direction. He seems to have succeeded in gaining its attention for the time being.

Renny
Dornikal
Tess <-----------------<<< ((The mules have moved you 5 ft beyond the 80 ft normal range of your crossbow to nearest snake.))
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin
Ulmwin
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Nem curses as the mules make a break for freedom and grabs the reins and shoves them at Holger.

"Get the mules clear since you're not cursed."

Then, she'll leap off the cart with her crossbow and roll (awkwardly) into the landing.

Acrobatics: 1D20+2 = [7]+4 = 11

(Added the wrong modifier on the website; 11 is correct)

If needs be after that jump, she'll bonus dash to move back into crossbow range and take a shot at the snake next to Galt(?).

Crossbow attack: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11

Crossbow damage: 1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Tess tosses the reins to Holger before bailing out of the cart, managing to get up beside Tren and take a shot at the northernmost snake, but her bolt glances off the scaly beast.

That snake slithers up to Ulmwin, Galt yelling a warning and slicing into its side as it goes, before it strikes and twists up the little gnome in its coils to begin squeezing the life from him.
The other snake moves up along the other side of the wagon (much to the mule's terror), and snaps at Coljin, who is still in the wagon seat, the toothy maw almost making the little gnome disappear from view as it chomps on him before releasing.
The third snake goes directly for the delicious mound of horseflesh that is Maji, but isn't quite able to reach him.

"Keep it busy, Preacher!", Galt yells, leaving his friend to deal with the three headed creature as he runs to attack the snake that has Ulmwin.
With a mighty strike of his blade, he hacks deep into its side, the blade severing the spine. The snake convulses in its death throws, tossing Ulmwin prone to the sand as it expires.

Renny
Dornikal
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger <-----------------<<< ((Hex available))
Coljin
Ulmwin ((Prone))
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Holger looks flustered after Tess as she runs off towards the snakes, leaving him with the wagon. He'll let the mules decide where to go as he shifts focus towards the nearest snake, transferring the hex on that and shooting it with an eldritch blast.

Holger eldritch blast: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
Eldritch blast damage: 1D10+1D6 = [6]+[1] = 7
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:37 pm

"Ugh... Fuckin hell..!" Ulmwin let's out, though relieved he got dropped. He spends his turn getting up, and tries to use another dissonant whispers to scare off the snake that got Coljin and Renny cornered- Getting some potential AOO in the progress...

Dissonant whispers: 3D6 = [1, 4, 3] = 8

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Holger abandons the mules to their whims, transferring his hex to the southernmost snake as tendrils curl about it, surging in response to the eldritch blast that impacts it.

Renny
Dornikal
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin <-----------------<<<
Ulmwin ((Prone))
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Maji will move 20 twoard the snek and does a trampling charge at the snek.

Trampling charge dc 14 or prone: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
2D6+4 = [2, 2]+4 = 8

If snek is prone:

hooves: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
2D6+4 = [1, 1]+4 = 6
hooves (forgot adv for snek being prone): 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

If snek is not prone then Maji will start getting angry at the snek (rage activated)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Coljin reels for a second from the snakes attack and then he smiles. The old gnomes of this land have readied him for this fight! "Meilikki and my ancestors!" he yells as he grasps the small gnomish magic item in his pocket and wills it to transform and wreath him in it's snake form.

I don't know how quick the magic takes effect. But if he can this turn, he will attack the snake that just bit him by trying to intertwine his new snake form with it's own, constricting and squeezing it. (no clue what to roll once this item is effect)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Coljin slips the jade ring on his finger, holding it up and activating it as jade light washes over his body. The light becomes solid, but translucent, extending in both directions until he's housed suspended within its serpentine form. There is a sharp crack as parts of the wagon snap under his new weight, including the piece to which the mules are harnessed (much to their horror and relief?). Strangely, he's able to sense and innately understand how to move the body he is now sitting within, the tail twitches at the thought of it, and he's pretty sure he knows how to attack the snake in front of him.
► Show Spoiler
The rest of you see your gnomish cleric floating suspended in the gullet of a newly formed, glowing jade translucent snake that has just broken the third wagon.
► Show Spoiler

Renny
Dornikal
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin <-----------------<<< ((You still have an action and 30 ft move if you want it.))
Ulmwin ((Prone))
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Cojlin didn't expect himself to end up weighing so much, he quickly slithers off the wagon to basically the east of the snake who just bit him, attacking it with his constriction attack.
Constriction to the not green snake: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 pm

The mules don't seem to like it much as Coljin-snake slithers between them, before turning to attack the flesh and blood snake. The two seem pretty evenly matched, but Coljin manages to gain the upper hand and wraps the other snake up in his own coils, squeezing down on it.

((That's a hit, you can roll damage.))

Renny
Dornikal
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin
Ulmwin ((Prone)) <-----------------<<< ((You just saw Coljin wrap up the other snake pretty good, if that changes your previously posted action.))
Szartha
Maji
Zephyr
Randy
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:53 am

(Yeah, let's redirect that attack to the big monster on the left for now, keep him away for one more turn... Hopefully.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:12 am

Ulmwin surges to his feet, and seeing that Coljin seemingly has the other snake in hand... er... in coils... for the moment, turns his attention to the three/nine headed monster, calling out some off key notes he infuses with magic. The heads writhe and whip about in confusion, a few of them turning to glare at the gnome, but the rest remain focused on the dwarf before them.
Szartha stands on the seat of the wagon, sending a firebolt ripping over Maji's head at the snake in front of him.
Maji makes it a one-two punch as he backs up to get a running head start, charging into the snake and lashing out with his hooves. While they do connect and gouge its scaly flesh, snakes are hard to knock prone, and it holds its ground.
Zephyr makes it a one-two-three as she moves forward, summons a javelin and hurls it at the snake, where it buries itself a few hands in and dangles a bit. The snake is looking somewhat bloodied.

Renny
Dornikal (Raging +)
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger
Coljin (Constrict damage pending, let me know if you need me to roll.)
Ulmwin (Do you want to have moved? It's half your movement to get up, so you'd still have 10 ft if you want it.)
Szartha
Maji (Raging +)
Zephyr
Randy <-----------------<<<
Tren
Mules
Three Snake Monster
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 am

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 am

(Since it wasn't prone he couldn't use his ba to get in another hoof attack, so he'd would rage instead)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am

((Sure, you're raging.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:54 am

Randy goes after the southern snake, trying to close with it before firing.

Long bow:1d20+5 = [19] = 24

Long Bow damage: 1d8+2 = [5] = 7

Planar warrior (if able to close within 30 ft.):1d8 = [5] = 5

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Randy moves past Zephyr to get a clear shot, reaching out and stretching the snake between the planes such that his shot releases the planar energy, battering the serpent. It is now looking pretty rough, but still determined.

Tren moves west and fires off a shot that slams a bolt into the monster that is facing off against Dornikal.
Boxed in by a dead snake on one side, a live snake and a jade snake fighting on the other, the pair of newly liberated mules take off... right towards Ulmwin and Tren! Tren just manages to dive out of the way as the come clattering past.

((DEX save for Ulmwin, please!))

The pair tied to the back of Szartha's wagons buck and bray, but aren't able to break their ropes.

Rusty and Bramble, with a bit of momentum now, sprint to the northeast, taking Holger with them.
To the west, Dornikal's form is doubly dwarfed by the looming snake monstrosity, rising four times his height before the three large heads snap down at him. He manages to knock the right head away with his shield, the middle head clamps onto his shoulder, and the left head snaps at sand. The two snakes that are growing where eyes should be strike at him as well, one glancing off is chest, while the other gets a firm hold of his ear, fangs piercing it as that side of his face pulses with the flush of poison entering his bloodstream. The snake lets go, and the three heads wave back and forth, planning their next strike.

((Constitution saving throw vs poison, you have advantage as a dwarf.))
With Colji-kaiju holding the snake in place, Renny has an easy time hacking at it, leaving large rents in the side as he merrily swings his cleaver.

Renny
Dornikal (Raging +) <-----------------<<<
Tess
Ily
Big Snake A
Big Snake B
Big Snake C
Galt
Holger (Currently 125 ft NW of the snake that is closest to Maji)
Coljin
Ulmwin
Szartha
Maji (Raging +)
Zephyr
Randy
Tren (Prone)
Mules
Three Snake Monster
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in: