The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Holger looks surprised at Randy and seems at a loss for words. He jumps up from his seat and starts circling the ranger as he cast prestidigitation to clean him and attempts to adjust Randy's outfit to be more presentable and less I'm on church duty.
He finishes with a few puffs of pleasant auromas that won't stick and a slap to the back to send him off.

"Go get em, weretiger!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Randy gives him a look. "I'm going to a smithy, not the royal ball, Holger." Shaking his head, he makes a hasty retreat before Holger decides to try to "improve" him any further.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Zokk lumbers in once Randy gives them the all clear and puts Gordon in the bed shown.

Zokk gives a few chirps of amusement as Holder dresses up Randy. They don't know the full context of Holger doing such a thing but it is amusing nevertheless watching them play dress up. Zokk chips in with some 'advice" for the make over. "Doooo noooot fooorgeeet aaaabooouuut preeetty floooweeers oooor leeeeaaaveees!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:12 pm

"Oh, just put it in my basket, dearie. It was lovely chatting with you, perhaps next time I'll teach you to knit!", Evelyn pats Zokk on the arm as they leave, following Randy and Ulmwin back to the inn.

It's hard to tell if it's a mundane bird or a familiar, it seems to be acting a in a pretty bird-like manner, and isn't vanishing into any pocket dimensions at the moment.

The robed, scythe-wielding figure approaches, speaking in a gravely croak, "Whaat brii- *cough* *cough"

A pale, hand covered in scratches pushes back the hood, and you see a cheerful, round face with reddened cheeks, and a mop of sandy hair as he continues in a much more normal voice. "Excuse me, I was trying to say, what brings you three by?"

"I'm Stephen, I manage things here... oh.. sorry about that, I must look quite the figure, skulking about with a scythe and all! Was just clearing some brush on the backside of the hill, these spoiled goats pass up on perfectly good brambles to nibble the grass... can't say as I blame them, it sure scratched the heck out of me!"

Holger primps Randy up for his "date", and Zokk offers some helpful tips. Whoever he's going to see must be awful special for him to be missing out on seeing a performance of Holger the Magnificent!

The staff of the Lame Goat is a bit at a loss what to do about a tree that walks in, and as the stairs creak alarmingly, Zokk is asked to remain in the common room. They are not so rude as to ask him to leave, especially since he seems attached to the strange, but well paying visitors from out of town, but they definitely seem a bit nervous.

Randy grabs his cash and heads back to the general store, where Tell is scraping and shaving at a haft of some sort of tool or weapon while they wait.

"All set? Hop on up.", they extend a hand to pull Randy onto the seat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Zokk pauses when they hear the creak and stops going up the stairs. "I thiiiink yoooouuu neeed tooo puuut theeee gnoooomeeee toooo beeeed. I doooo nooot waaaant tooo kiiiiiill theeeeseee woooooodeeen booooxeeees." Zokk uncomfortably shifts and gives Holger the gnome to put into the bed.

Zokk waves at the people at the bar, noticing the mugs. "Doooo yoooou haaaveee waaateeer? Oooor suuuugaaar? Oooor suuugaaar waaateeer?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:25 pm

"Thank you."
Randy accepts the hand up and hops up onto the wagon where upon he finds a place to get settled for the trip.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:34 am

Ulmwin takes the job on himself to guide Gordon to bed. If he gets some sleep, good... Just means Ulmwin will be free to go see the performance! With his "grandson".

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:30 am

All the Commotion of moving and shifting jerks Gordon awake who comes awake screaming something fierce and waving the Lance around. (Or at least tries to).

The extra exertion wears him out quickly though and he uses the Lance to prop himself up and allows himself to be led to wherever he's being taken.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:45 am

Gordon reinforces why Randy doesn't want to bring him along, and Holger isn't too keen on having him at his performance.

A server brings Zokk a bowl of honey diluted in water.

Tell flicks the reigns and the cart begins to rumble southward, shortly leaving the city walls, and cresting a rise among some fields. Eventually they pass a cemetery on the left, and continue on to a cluster of buildings set back from the road to the right, a steep cliffside dropping off to the sea below.

If Randy engaged them in small talk, Tell would be curious about his past travels and adventures.

The rhythmic clink of hammer on metal sounds as they approach. Tell draws the cart up beside a stable and hops down, hitching the mule. They gesture for you to follow to the forge area, where the two of you see a pair of youths working away at forging out nails. The pair look up as you enter, before finishing up what they are working on.

"That's good for today, can you please see to the cart? There's dinner in the basket, but make sure to wash up first!", the last bit is shouted after them as they rush out of the forge at the mention of food.

Tell shakes their head before turning to a locked cabinet, drawing out a key and unlocking it. They pull out a shortsword and a rapier, carrying both out into the waning light of the day, the sun getting lower and lower towards the western horizon.

They hand you each in turn to inspect. The shortsword has a slight leaf-shape to the blade, with the widest swell a third of the way from the wickedly sharp point. The rapier has elegant lines, and its balance and flow are even better than the one you picked out of the pile earlier.

((Give me an Int check with proficiency to see if you can suss out what they are without them telling you.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:37 pm

(( Sorry. Since it's a fed holiday, I've been running errands all day. Just now getting back to the computer. :bloodshot: ))

iintelligence with proficiency: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

Randy apparently knows EXACTLY what he's looking at.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:47 pm

You're able to glean that if you manage a perfect strike with the short sword, it would really do some damage, and that the rapier is so well made, that it will be a bit easier to sneak past a foe's defenses, and do a bit more damage.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Randy gives a long drawn out whistle, and then gives smile and hefts the rapier. "I'll take consistency over luck any day. I know my limitations. This one would help minimize those limits. The other would emphasis them." He executes a beat in quarte and a riposte, admiring the feel of the weapon.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:18 pm

It indeed feels pretty nice.

"There's a sparring target out back if you want to have a go at it, otherwise we can get around to discussing price. I find I rarely have the patience for back and forth haggling, which is why I usually sell stuff to Jer and let him bicker with customers on price. If that sounds good to you, I can state my price, and you can pay it... otherwise, we can do that dance if you insist.", Tell says with a grin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Randy puts the sword down with evident reluctance, takes a deep breath, and turns towards Tell.
"What are you asking for it?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:37 pm

"A thousand-twenty five. Gold. Or equal value in trade."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Zokk gives her a happy chirp when they get their drink.

Zokk unties their money bag from their branches and starts digging through them before finding one that is moon coloured (silver) and gives it to the woman. ”Iiiis thiiis eeeenooouuugh? Noooot suuureeee hoooow coooiiin wooork.”

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:19 am

Randy blinks slowly and swallows. He clears his throat a couple of times.
"I'm afraid that you have me confused with one of those lords who counts folds in the blade. I'm just an emissary and a poorly paid one at that."
He carefully resheathes the sword and hands it back to Tell.
"It's a magnificent blade." he tells them as he hands it back.
"I'm afraid I've wasted your time. If you're still willing to sell it to me, I'd be willing....and able.... to buy the 25 gp blade."

(( Too be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure how much Randy has available as funds right now. I..ah.. kind of lost track after the sewers. :oops: ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 am

((Well, if you returned the funds the guard was handing out, you didn't gain any from the sewer expedition, and I don't recall you buying anything from the general store, so should be pretty close if you'd kept track up til then? I think you do still owe the tailor the balance when your stuff is done in a few days?))

Tell shakes their head, "No, don't have you confused with a lord, they'd put a blade like this on a wall somewhere so their friends could admire it. You'd put it to use."

They take it back from you, "Well, if the shortsword was of interest to you, it would run three-seventy five... or, depending on if you're anywhere in the neighborhood of the price on this rapier, I would have an interest in that flaming blade of yours. It would make quite the statement for the shop! Ha! Listen to me, talking like a noble, wanting a blade for display...", they shake their head with a smile.

"Anyway, I'd count the flaming blade as two hundred in trade, if you were interested, but understand if you can't swing the price, and would be happy to sell you the first blade."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 am

((Dornikal would spot him money if he needed it but most of his mone is back with the wizard in the tower, he has less than 350 gold, nearly all in gems after he spotted Tess for the identification work.

Maybe the Spear of possible poison and some cash on top of the flaming blade? A +1 rapier would be nice for Randy.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 am

((Tell would totally be willing to put it on hold for Randy if he thinks he can get finances together for it, it's not like they have people knocking down their door to buy these blades (that they deem worthy to sell to). Randy has shown that he knows his stuff with a couple of really good rolls, and appreciates the skilled work, so has earned a modicum of good will.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:41 am

Nem grins at the man.

"Good to meet you Stephen, I am Tess and this is Dornikal. We're in town looking for a young mage woman who went missing a few months ago. Turns out she was murdered in town. The guards told us she was stabbed and buried in the common grave, but haven't been much more forthcoming than that. I was hoping you might remember her. Maybe remember who brought her in that night, or if there was anything unusual about the circumstances."

Persuasion: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10

((This is a bit brief, but I'm short on RL time as usual this week))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 am

(( Have to get back with you on that. Going to be a busy week. We normally get a rush around the time flu shots become available. Not going to swear about doing any lengthy posts until this evening. Definitely won't be able to do an archive dig until then. In terms of the clothes, pretty sure Randy paid up front as Mr. Snooty wouldn't otherwise give anyone the time of the day. Now whether that was deducted or not, I'll have to look closer. That was around the time when my access to the spread sheet was limited.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:32 am

((I'll check on Mr. Snooty, he may have demanded up front payment (that seems likely for him). Whether it was deducted already, I don't know.))

**Edit: ((Yes, you already paid it (and deducted from sheet), so I think you're probably up to date on your currency?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Stephen scratches his head, "Few months ago, unknown female? I'll have to check. You have papers? You'll have to have papers of you're looking to claim the body..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Dornikal looks over at Tess before answering,

"Aye don't think we will be claiming her today, we mostly want to try an understand the circumstances of her death first...but which papers do we need and where would we get them?"