The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Sweet works, Maji writes. He waits for the waiter to go away, looking uncertian before writing to Holger.

Why did you stand up for me?

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 pm

Seeing Ulmwin get to the serving girl, Randy still decides the best course of action is to clear the area to avoid providing a target for the crowd. Rather than trying to bull his way through, he slides through the crowd to and up the stair like a hot knife through butter.

Dexterity:1d20+3 = [19] = 22

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 am

As the waiter is gone he grumbles slightly while Maji writes.

"So much for a surprise."

"Only noticed it now? I've stepped in and assisted you since we left the temple. We've entered a sprawling city which is my domain. We came as a group and we'll leave as a group and sadly you need the extra support to make it through here so I have to step up and take control. You tend to act more like a savage or animal, especially where nuance is required which is the whole reason for this nonsense feud. The banter I like, shows you are capable of more than being an animal of labour, but getting physical like in the desert is not okay, you've tried that twice now and got reprimanded both times so time to adapt and now you've got the chance to see how. Once you do I can only see a boon to having you around serving the great Holger Starwind."

The last bit is said with a clearly teasing tone
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:47 am

Dornikal sees Randy slip away and tries to follow him out through the crowd.

Dex: 1d20+3 = [12] = 15

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 am

Before you get fully surrounded, Randy and Dornikal slip out, the drunk blinks at the spot Dornikal just vacated.

Ulmwin (19)
Selina (18)
Patrons 1 (10)
Kharl (10)
Tom (10)
Randy (8)
Dornikal (5)
Coljin (2) <--------------
Patrons 2 (1)

Tess (0?)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 am

Nem moves between the barmaid and Ulmwin and the drunk guy and looks for someone who knows him.

"Time to take him home don't you think?"

Init: 1d20+4 = [11] = 15
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:40 am

"You alright miss? Do you want me to take a quick look at the wound?" Ulmwin offers, though his tone of voice seems to suggest he's willing to do more than just look. "Don't want it to scar up if it can be helped, yes..?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 am

Coljin stays put, sitting quietly and not drawing attention to himself. He will just sit and wait to make sure no one from the party gets into a problem.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 am

Coljin is waiting quietly but alertly for things to resolve, while the patrons on the other side of the common room are milling about in confusion. They know something is going on, but most of them didn't get a good view of things are are more responding to the other folks getting excited.

Ulmwin asks after Selina's health. She starts to protest before getting woozy and nodding for him do what he can.

Tess moves to help box out the drunk from the injured server, and appeals to the crowd.

((I'll take a Persuasion check please?))

Ulmwin (19) (Casting healing?)
Selina (18)
Tess (15) <--------------
Patrons 1 (10)
Kharl (10)
Tom (10)
Randy (8)
Dornikal (5)
Coljin (2)
Patrons 2 (1)
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:40 am

Code: Select all

Noticed it while being cat.  Could have hurt me easily. 
 Not sure why protect instead. 
Maji gently pushes Holger for his last remark.

(Trying to see if code would be better for Maji's writing than italics. It stands out a bit more at least)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:56 am

Persuasion: 1d20+2 = [8] = 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:43 am

Tess's plea meets with mixed success, people seem to agree that someone should get Tom out of there, but no one seems willing to be that someone.

"BLOODY LET ME THROUGH, OR I'M THUMPING YOU FIRST!", bellows the bouncer, finally getting a clear path towards Tom.
► Show Spoiler
"C'mon son, time for you to go."

"But I dinnat do 'nythink. N'im shtill thirsy.", Tom says, sitting down in the chair Dornikal vacated and crossing his arms petulantly. The nearby patrons seem relieved that the bouncer is volunteering to be the someone to see Tom out.

Ulmwin (19) (Casting healing?)
Selina (18)
Tess (15)
Patrons 1 (10)
Kharl (10)
Tom (10)
Randy (8) <--------------
Dornikal (5)
Coljin (2)
Patrons 2 (1)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Randy finds the triple bunk room, finds the bed furthest from the door and claims it. He stashes his gear, digs out his journal and starts updating it. He keeps his ears peeled just in case a riot breaks out downstairs, but otherwise he's going to stay put and stay out of sight. The quieter surroundings allow him to settle his nerves down and he's able to better concentrate on what he's doing.

(( Folks with PTSD do not do well in crowded, unorganized situations. Randy recognized he was getting in trouble and vacated the situation before he could slip and hurt someone. Bed furthest from the door is typical behavior as well (i.e. back to the wall where doors and windows can be watched without worry of someone coming up behind him). Tess and Maj might get a straight answer from him about what's going on since they know about his past history. Everyone else is going to have to work for it, especially right now. ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:55 pm

Dornikal heads up the stairs, and assuming he doesn't see where Randy goes, just hangs out there out of sight because he doesn't know where his room is. He will listen at the top of the stairs in case things sound like they are going badly in the common area. He suspects that his presence will only make things worse in most cases.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:13 pm

"Because I felt like it? I don't stand to gain anything by harming you nor do we have opposing agendas. Anyways, what kind of hero would I be if I left my companions behind when they get in trouble, even if they wish ill upon me. I was also the only one to move out and help you after your distant cousins attacked, or at least I was the only one before I got surprised by their tail stingers which made the rest kinda fuzzy.

If the time comes I'll count on the rest of you to step in and assist when things get out of hand. That would be a grand tale of itself."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Maji looks at Holger with suspision.

Don't like reason.  Don't trust it.   Don't want talk about cousins. 

Here is good story for you.  Holger is a donkey's buttocks.  The end.

He changes the subject with the last lines, hoping to get the conversation away from the dragonkin, and to mess with Holger's ego a bit.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:53 pm

Randy makes use of his coping mechanisms by heading to do some journaling, and Dornikal follows.

Coljin keeps his head down, and the patrons on the far side mill about, most returning to their drinks and food as Kharl establishes some measure of order, at least from their perspective.

Ulmwin (19) (Casting healing?) <--------------
Selina (18)
Tess (15)
Patrons 1 (10)
Kharl (10)
Tom (10)
Randy (8)
Dornikal (5)
Coljin (2)
Patrons 2 (1)

Holger and Maji banter back and forth.

((Maji, would you like to make an Insight check?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

Ulmwin, indeed, tries to cast healing while hopefully not drawing too much attention to the fact.

1d8+2 = [7] = 9

"There, better miss..?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:12 am

Holger casts prestidigitation to clean Maji's board as he rolls his eyes at the childish behavior. He does however decide to take a jab at Maji's search for other dragonborn.

"Then again maybe not that distant. That's just embarrasing, you're just like a kid trying to see how people react to swear words now. But what don't you trust about my reason to help you? I'm a tad bit ambitious but not a bad person despite you insisting otherwise.

Actually why do you bear me this much hatret and distrust? Just because I've joked about you? Or is it because you can't find a place where you feel you are belonging to and see me as the only obstacle from truly belonging in our group? Because that's just a self imposed notion with no hold in reality."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: The Sundered Wayn

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:38 am

Insight [1d20+3] = 18+3 = 21

Maji looks down at his board and sighs.

That reasoning hurt more than help.  Can change action quickly with that reasoning. Used to hide other reason.
Once Holger reads it he wipes his board.

Hard to trust human.  You more than most.  

Magic choatic, cause destruction but you don't care.  Cast contant despite danger.  
Cast more than sorc should.  Cast detect spell often, not ritual.  Hard to determine if ally or foe.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:32 pm

((Holger, if you're being open and honest, what is Making picking up from your body language? If you're not... Give me a roll in PM and we can figure out what he's picking up based on that.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:37 pm

"What do you know about arcane magic huh beast boy? Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it careless and sure it's been destructive when we have been fighting! And jealous I'm more magic efficient in my casting?"

((adding that later))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Maji gives him a knowing look.

Enough. 
If he has his drink, he slowly sips his mead.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:42 am

Starting out with this conversation Holger have been relaxed with a friendly tone, with a small dib into a lecturing tone as he discussed Maji's previous behaviour. But overall open and genuine up to that point, acting like he would with Ulmwin and Tess under normal circumstances.

Mood quickly changed when Maji started the name calling again. Shifted with a sigh as if the patience just ran out. Holger kept up with the outwardly friendly attitude, but shifted his focus to smile and look at the rest of the tavern rather than Maji. Holger started talking more softly while the tone was still friendly but seemed pretty strained to Maji, especially given that what's said wasn't all that friendly.

((Actually I'm not sure how Maji would know how much a normal sorcerer would be able to cast or in anyway think that Holger is an average sorcerer. He could technically have mastered the spells like cantrips ))

Holger will be fine with enjoying his food and entertainment of the place as he ignores Maji's existence in a only slightly feigned interest in what the band has to offer.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:14 am

((Yeah, I think it would be knowable that Holger's magic is weird, but don't think Maji has a deep knowledge of what sorcerers 'normally' do. Knowing that he's got detect magic going might depend on how often and the phrasing of how Holger shares what he detects? Has he said openly that he is doing it before?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler