The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:03 pm

You find Kreldoran sitting and talking to Coljin while Maji rummages about, and the orc has taken over at the stove. The room is circular like the others, with a stove and spit, sink and counter on the opposite walls, various pantry shelves and cupboards along the walls, and three long tables radiating from the center of the room like spokes on a wheel.

Maji gives up looking for whatever it was and pushes past you, heading back downstairs. He returns with some rather gamey smelling snake meat that hadn't been dried into jerky like the rest of it. There is a partially desiccated outer layer, but the meat inside is still juicy, even if that juice smells like it had been carried around for a day and a half in desert temperatures. The dragonborn doesn't seem to mind at all, chomping and slurping down the occasional bit or bob.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Nem will join the others for food before spending a bit of time in investigating the magical surroundings (nothing major, she'd just be fascinated in the weird little trinkets and paraphernalia that are probably lying around). Shell turn in a little later when she's tired.

"I'm not sure a watch will do us much good, given our host's capabilities, but we certainly can if you'd like."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Dornikal wanders over to Kreldoran and say,

"Pardon meh elder, Coljin, may aye borrow a few pieces of yer magnifying equipment for a couple hours? Aye'd like to see how it would help meh shaping stones..."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Answering the dwarf, "Yes, it is far different in this desert than my forest I grew up in. Both can be harsh in their own ways, but the desert even more so. But I am surprised by how much life does live out here. I will be ready to see green trees and shrubs again. Where are you originally from, sir?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 pm

((Oj, if Dornikal heard Coljin's last question he would wait for the answer before interrupting them.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

((There aren't much in the way of trinkets and gizmos down here, these seem to be fairly utilitarian, though there seems to be some amount of magic in the lighting, they are wall sconces that can be shuttered for darkness but seem to be similar to the spell Coljin cast using the snake ruby dust. The sink in the washroom and kitchen both seem to be supplied with fresh, clean water, and the stove has produces heat without burning any visible fuel. You'd probably surmise that while he uses the kitchen to prepare his food, he likely sleeps elsewhere.))

"Grew up in the mountains, can't say I've spend much time enjoying green trees and shrubs, but we all find joy in different places, eh. In the mountains, if yeh get high enough, it's good sky viewing, but makes for a much colder, windier night of it."

When asked about lenses: "Sure, sure.", he pauses, as if in thought, and the owl drops off his shoulder, gliding low to the floor before beating her wings to climb, zipping up the stairs to the level above the kitchens. "She'll be back in a bit."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Randy stakes out a bunk then wanders up to the kitchen to watch the show.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:38 pm

((a magical kitchen is pretty cool tbh! Nem would be quite taken with it, given she's probably had little experience / interest in magic until very recently))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:18 am

They are definitely conveniences that he takes for granted, and he is somewhat amused by Tess and other's reactions. It's essentially a modern kitchen that runs on magic (there's even a magic cold box, though it is pretty empty at the moment, just some possibly forgotten leftovers and a half a jug of milk), but it probably seems pretty special to you guys, who are used to cooking over campfires and pooping in holes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:30 am

"I"ve never been up a mountain. Well, not yet. But that is why I'm out traveling the world. See new things, experience all the wonders! But it is true, the desert is getting a bit old. It's harsh and makes me miss my home a bit. Hmm...Cold up in the mountain. I thought it might be warmer as it's closer up to the sun. But yep, makes sense it might be windier up there and that would make it colder." He ponders all that 'science' for a bit.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 am

Dornikal chuckles at the thought of a mountain being warmer.

"Ye got to go the roots of the mountain to find the heat, but aye've never been so deep. Ye should come up to Greystone lands, its colder aye but it also has much more to see! Ye ever been elder?"

((Dornikal is fishing.))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:49 am

"Aye, the mountains can be pretty harsh. Go up high enough and it's winter all the time up there. Takes a tough sort to live up in those peaks. Blizzards can come from nowhere. One moment it's clear, the next you can't see your hand in front of your face."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:25 am

"Aye, to have a warm mountain, yeh need to go deep, or have a mountain where the liquid rock comes to the surface."

"Greystone lands? Passed through a few times in my youth... is young Kogar still Thane of Greystone?"
► Show Spoiler
"Blizzards might be worst than sandstorms when it comes to ruining a good night of research! At least a sandstorm yeh can usually see coming. Been pretty quiet here of late, be grateful you've not been caught up in one."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:32 pm

"Kogar? No been away a few years and when aye left it was Stenikar, he got the job by showing up last to the choosing."

Dornikal's tone indicating what he thinks about Stenikar.

History, Kogar: 1d20 = [15] = 15

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 pm

"Ah, well... last to the choosing, that was never Kogar! If he's not Thane, I suppose that's why he's not invited me around in a bit."
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:56 am

"Kogar went out swinging, if yer wondering. He's been gone more than 200 years, elder. If aye may ask elder, which High Thane were ye born under?"

((Donrikal is asking about the ruler of all the Dwarves that was in power when he was born. Did we have a name for the rank? Don't think you decided who was in that position now, right?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:42 am

"Well, that's good at least. Think it was Torfin... Or Genthor? Suppose they're dead and gone too, but never did pay much mind to whoever held that title."

((High Thane works for me, we haven't put a name to anyone current, but they're still avoiding the term "King", and it's a rather loose affiliation. Most dwarves pay more attention to clan leadership than Dwarven racial leadership.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:52 am

((Any idea when those High Thanes would have been around? Does it fit the 400+ age or is he even older than that?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 am

((Seems to fit that range.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Once Maji eats his fill, he wanders around a bit to see whatelse the wizard has for convences. Maybe he can find a good basking spot or bath.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Randy will help himself to the community pot once Renny's done. He pokes around the kitchen with some interest, checking out the magical gizmos.
"Interesting. And very convenient, too. Are the spells permanent, or do you have to refresh them? You could make a goodly amount of gold peddling something like these to nobles and rich merchants. At least until someone started copying your work."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Coljin eats and chats with the mage. Once done eating he excuses himself and turns in to sleep

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:57 am

The dwarf doesn't seem to have much use for basking, but the wash room downstairs did have a bath. Might be a bit of a squeeze for Maji, but you could make it work.

Renny eventually sets down a couple pots of rice, which have been stirred until the grains take on a creamy consistency, one has rehydrated mushrooms and some of the dwarfs leftover beans added, the other seems to have shreds of jerky that have been chopped up and extend to finish.

"Bowls are in the cupboard over there.", Kreldoran nods, scooping some of the meal into the bowl he already had for himself.

"That's... Actually quite good!"

"Some are permanent, some need to be replaced occasionally, but I've no interest in making some stuck up noble's life easier."

He tucks into his meal.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:17 pm

((Since it seems no one has anything of substance to add at the moment...))

After a while, the owl returns with a pair of spectacles in her talons, landing near Dornikal and looking at him with her head cocked to the side, expectantly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Dornikal gingerly takes them and tries them on. Once fitted his pulls out a chunk of raw amber in a well lit spot and considers what to do with it's potential, murmuring a prayer to Dumathoin as he rolls it in his hand.

((What benefit do the spectacles offer? Not sure there is time to work a stone now though...))