The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm

"Oh, well, I just take care of them once they get that way. Give what rites as can be had to those who need it, or don't have their own to give it. Let's see... you'd need Form DB1, Form C3 and Form E."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:48 pm

"Uh huh B51, C3, E Form... from where? Let's go write those down while we check on her. and whose name do ye give rites?"

Dornikal will try to get them moving to answer the questions Tess asked as well.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm

"I don't think we want her body back, love. Nothing we can do with it now anyway. We just want to know if you remember her. She looked like this."

Nem casts minor illusion to make a mini version of the woman again.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Stephen's cherubic face is very serious as he adds, "Oh, and of course the standard Forms K through P, and Requestion Form RZQM."

"Ah, I'm just kidding, that's some graveside humor, that is. No forms, but you do need a writ of some official sort."

"Depends... Some folks held to a particular god in life, so figure they want them in death. Otherwise I try to do as best I can to cover their bases with the gods what deal when the dead."

"They're usually all wrapped up by the time they get to me, less the family wants a viewing, that is. But yeah, unknowns, we try up keep tabs on in case someone wants them back. I'll have to check my files. You two want some tea?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm

"That'd be lovely, thanks. Anything you can do to help would be much appreciated."

Nem feels in her pockets for the little pin-crestshe stole from the Mayor's assistant, but keeps it to herself for now.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:30 pm

The strange fellow waves for you to join him in the small outbuilding, which turns out to be a small office and information area, with a records room in the back. He fiddles with the banked coals, swiveling a kettle over to begin heating for tea and gestures for the two of you to sit as he rummages about in the back.

Just as the water heats, he returns with a leather folder, holding it triumphantly before setting it down and adding some leaves to steep for a bit before pouring a cup for each of you. The raven flies in the open door and perches on his chair cawing at you. "Oh, hush you beggar, they likely don't have any corn for you, how would they know to have brought any? Apologies, he has horrendous manners, I don't know where he learned them."

*CAHW!*

"Anyway, I think this is your woman," he says, handing over the envelope.

Opening it, you find a rather well done sketch of her face... quite obviously done postmortem. The other sheet has a few scant details of her passing, but it doesn't really add anything, the sheet has obviously been filled out given the information provided by the guards. Just that she'd been attacked and killed by stabbing, and no one claimed her body. The one thing that IS of note is that her death is tied to a case file number, presumably within the guard's files, No. 43.13-5.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 pm Zokk gives her a happy chirp when they get their drink.

Zokk unties their money bag from their branches and starts digging through them before finding one that is moon coloured (silver) and gives it to the woman. ”Iiiis thiiis eeeenooouuugh? Noooot suuureeee hoooow coooiiin wooork.”
Seems you missed this spider. (I already subtracted the silver from zokk’s inventory.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:03 pm

The woman hands Zokk back a handful of coins of a new color!

((8 copper change))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Nem nods as she memorises the number.

"Thanks, that's really useful. If we DID want to see her... not remove her body or anything like that, jsut see her and make sure it's the right person... would it be possible? I know you mentioned all the forms and such, but... Well, sometimes it's best not to be TOO official about things, you know?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:17 pm

"Was thinking if her family wanted to move her, rather than we taking her..."

Dornikal sips his tea and adds to Tess's request,

"We wouldn't be taking her, just making sure she is," he taps the woman's picture, "her."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:06 am

"Ummm, you do know they don't stay looking like *that* for very long, right? If you can't tell it's her from the file, not sure how digging her up is gonna help."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:07 am

"Aye, aye know that. More that the injuries match the described way she was killed?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 am

"But... It's in the file...?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 am

At this point Dornikal doesn't know where to go from here without saying what Tess suspects and hope she interjects something.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:17 am

((You can make an insight check if you want?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:18 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:22 am

((You get the sense that he's not trying to hide anything, but is definitely a strange fellow, which was already clear from his odd manners and poor attempts at humor. Likely doesn't spend much time around others, but seems to trust fully in 'the system'. You suspect that if he was given a body, and told by authorities that they died due to X, then that is what goes in the file, and that's what it must be.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:40 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 am ((Well, if you returned the funds the guard was handing out, you didn't gain any from the sewer expedition, and I don't recall you buying anything from the general store, so should be pretty close if you'd kept track up til then? I think you do still owe the tailor the balance when your stuff is done in a few days?))

Tell shakes their head, "No, don't have you confused with a lord, they'd put a blade like this on a wall somewhere so their friends could admire it. You'd put it to use."

They take it back from you, "Well, if the shortsword was of interest to you, it would run three-seventy five... or, depending on if you're anywhere in the neighborhood of the price on this rapier, I would have an interest in that flaming blade of yours. It would make quite the statement for the shop! Ha! Listen to me, talking like a noble, wanting a blade for display...", they shake their head with a smile.

"Anyway, I'd count the flaming blade as two hundred in trade, if you were interested, but understand if you can't swing the price, and would be happy to sell you the first blade."
Randy sighs. "Let me get back to you on this. I need to look at what I have, and maybe what I can borrow. I'll be in the area for a few days yet. I won't leave without giving you an answer one way or the other. If I can't afford the rapier, I'll take the short sword in anycase."

((Sorry. Been REALLY busy in RL. ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:45 am

Zokk is excited when they see the new coins. ”Ooooooooooooh. Sooooiiil cooooloooreeed coooiiiin.” They move one of thier roots to touch the coin. ”Nooot soooiiil.” After ‘tasting’ the coin with thier roots, they move the roots to the water honey to drink.

Zokk plays with the new coins they obtained, chirping happily as they do so. They pull out a sun colored coin and a moon colored coin. They lay the soiled colored coins in a line and has the sun coloured move above them with the moon colored behind the sun coloured. They pay for a while until it is time to go, putting the coin back into the bag.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 am

Tell nods. "Fair enough, you know where to find me, and can leave word with Jer if you don't have time."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Randy nods back and takes his leave, heading back into town. If he gets there early enough, he'll go watch Holger's performance while mulling over his finances.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:46 am

Holger watches Zokk play with the coins for a moment as he wonders how they'll get a tree in for his performance.. Could always leave that to Ulmwin though.

"Zokk, what did your parent tell you regarding me and the others?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:28 am

Zokk looks up to grandparent. "Hmmmm. Toooo fooollooow Uuuuncleeee's friiieeends aaaaand heeelp theeeeem. Thaaat uuuuncleee's friiiieeends wiiiill heeeelp wiiith uuuncleeee Maaajiii's miiisssiiiooon. Paaareeent saaaiiid graaaandpaaareeeent haaaas puuurpleee maaark, ooooneee iiiis seeeriiiioooouuus uuuumaaaan, daaaanciiing giiirl wiiiith peeeet, tiiiiny muuuusiiic oooonee, liiittleeee armoooouurrreeed oooone, paaaatchyyyy beeeaaaard oooone. Treeeee shoooort peeeeoopleee aaaaand treeee aboooout truuunk hiiiigh."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 am

The raven caws and Stephen looks up, then outside.

"Well, I think we'll need to cut our visit short, I can't let you keep the file, but should you have any other questions, please feel free to stop by. I need to close things up for the evening."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:19 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 am "But... It's in the file...?"
((Urgh, sorry. I looked at this a while ago and couldn't think of what to do. Here we go:))

"Yes, but sometimes mistakes are made. Not by you, obviously, but there are suspicions amongst the higher ranks that some in the guard might be rather less thorough than we would like. We just need to make sure everything is in order you see, and then we can leave you alone."

Nem pulls out the pin crest she stole and makes sure the man is able to get a good look at it, keeping eye contact the whole time.

"I can assure you that if we need to go through the formal channels, it would spoil our investigation, and leave some rather powerful people rather unhappy."

((Rolled for intimidation with adv from the Dancer's Necklace, but if you prefer Deception, it's +6 for an 18 total)):
Intimidation: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [9, 12]+2 = 14