The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:17 pm

(I think maybe we can look at the guardhouse where Maji and Holger were kept in?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:27 pm

((That's where Tess is headed.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 pm

(Oh it is? Well they don't know that)

Maji gently tugs on Randy's sleeve as they head twoards the lame goat and points in the direction of the guardhouse, thinking that there might be some clues around there.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Randy pauses and looks in the direction Maj is pointing . "Yes, Maj? Did you want us to go look at something?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:32 am

Coljin squints a Maji in confusion, "Write down where you want to go." he states.
Where ever they do decide to go, Coljin begins watching for any temples that he might pass while walking it the city.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:59 am

Maji nods and writes down.

Code: Select all

Guardhouse.  Commander seemed to know something

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 am

Coljin smiles at Maji, "Ah, OK. Well, I know I don't have any leads to follow on finding this woman, so that sounds better than anything I have in mind."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 am

Glancing at what was written,

"Ye two already talked with the man, aye? Why do ye think he'd be willing to share more today? We ain't exactly the convincing type, least ye an' aye ain't. That's more Holger's bit. If he didn't get much don't see us doing more than getting on the guard captain's bad side. Maybe just Ulmwin?"

((Wow Ulmwin is persuasive!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 am

The chalk quickly gets smudgy and runny in the rain.

Coljin would probably remember that the temple district seems to be up the hill in the north east of the city.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 am

Maji frowns at the rain and the board being smugged, putting it back. He won't be able to write on it until it clears up. He nods at Dornikal.

He traces an H with his finger in the air, he shakes his head, then makes a pushing motion, before he mimes talking with his hand, and makes a W with his fingers.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 am

Dornikal looks up at Maji, squinting in the rain,

"Got no idea what ye mean lad, sorry. Never been good at that sorta thing."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:16 am

Randy looks thoughtful. " You're right on that. Holger being a wizard isn't going to make the local constabulary trust him much. Given the level of suspicion they have around here, probably either Tess or I would be best. However, I'd like to investigate the murder scene first before getting involved with the guards again. If they're trying to hide something, I'd like to fly below official notice for a while so that they're not watching me yet. Might get more answers that way."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:45 am

Tess, you spot the tired guard you interacted with yesterday, she's working at a different desk on some paperwork. The fellow sitting at the 'greeting desk' looks up, stroking his mustache.

"Yeh, how cannae 'elp yer miss?"

"You're companions, sir? Don't recall if it was before or after, but they almost got in a tussle with Drunky Tom. He hates dwarves more than most, and didn't seem to like yours."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 pm

"yes, hi. I'm just following up on a theft. I spoke to her there yesterday and wanted to get an update."

Nem points to the tired guard and walks over to her.

"Hi. Remember me? I was just following up on our chat from yesterday and wondered if there was any news on my gold?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm

"Oh yes... um... street grab, wasn't it? Sorry, we've been a bit busy, and like I think I told you, it's something that'll be hard to track down without more to go on. I'm sorry, if we're able to turn up more, I'll send word. Your still staying where you said on the form?"

She shuffles the stack of papers she has, and gives you a tired, wry smile. "Sorry, I gotta run, but if there is anything more you recall, Murph there can update your file."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:32 am

((So where are we going? Back to the inn or to the guard headquarters? Dornikal isn't keen on going to the headquarters especially since his presence will almost certainly not be helpful.))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 am

(( I can't think of a better way to make the guards more paranoid than to have a bunch of nosey out-of-towners suddenly show up asking questions about a case they'd rather forget about. Holger got away with it because he was there for something else anyway. If Randy just shows up to put the grill to them, they're going to get their backs up and start making life difficult for the group. Considering how up tight local law enforcement gets when the Feds step in on a case and take it away from them, I can't imagine these guys being any happier about having their territory invaded. So in short...Randy votes for Inn and then go check out the crime scene. ))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 am

Coljin will at least, just go back to the inn with Dornikal.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:37 am

Dornikal heads back to the inn with Randy and Coljin. Once there he grabs an ale.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Maji does not want to be alone in talking to the guard, so he heads back to the inn. While he goes twoards that way he checks on the the drudic marking he left.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Randy heads back up stairs to change back into his regular clothes.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:30 am

"So, guys, what do we know of the Serenity folks that the shopkeeper was talking about earlier? They seem to have a lot of power in the city, we should probably talk to them, too, or maybe find out if they are somehow involved."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:54 pm

"Sorry miss, it's been a rough morning, we'll do what we can, but it's long odds on finding who took your coin, and there're other priorities right now. My condolences."

She hurries off, leaving Tess in the busy guard command post foyer.

If the shopping party is headed back to the inn, they find Holger idly strumming away to the post lunch crowd at the Lame Goat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 pm

((argh! Forgot to reply!!)

Nem catches her before she leaves (if possible) and says. "I understand. What about my other suggestion? Seems like you lot could use some... Friendly assistance from people who know how to keep quiet about what they're doing."

((She's asking if she has their blessing to investigate on her own.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 pm

"I mean, it's not like I can just go around authorizing folk to use force in apprehending pickpockets... It just takes one person going too far, and then we've an even bigger mess. Should you turn up anything, and report it to me, or someone else here, it'll help in our being able to put a stop to it. Descriptions, methods, the like."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler