The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:36 am

Randy only spares a glance for Gordon, otherwise being focused on the lance. Something about it..., a niggling memory of a description?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Randy inspects the weapon and its engraving. There is a certainly a lot of iconography that would suggest a religious theme of some sort, a shepard's crook with a star in the center of the crook, that matches the faint tattoo on Gordon's face, the star in the center of his forehead, the crooked end starting above his right eyebrow, curling across his forehead back to his nose and running down it and across his lips. It isn't something that belongs to one of the gods or sects you're familiar with, however.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 pm

Randy stares intently for a moment at the Lance, then shifts his stare to Gordon's face. He cocks an eyebrow, then with a small smile on his face, hands the Lance to the anxious gnome. "I suspect this is yours."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:11 am

Gordon had been waiting patiently next to the human. He was surprised though when the human handed the Lance over to him. The look in the humans eye was strange, as if he knew what was going on with Gordon and why he couldn't remember anything. He realized that perhaps he had forgotten how to speak and the only one who could understand gibberish was one of his kind.

This thought unsettled him and he dearly hoped that wasn't the case. Gordon held the Lance like he thought people hold lances and looked down it's length towards the bench. The old human came into focus.

Walking over to the bench, Gordon sits down on it and holding the Lance in his hands, stares at it intensely.

Inspiration
1d20 = [18] = 18 (not sure which type, but + that and -3)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:25 am

Gordon takes hold of the lance, and it feels right in his hands. He grips it, well balanced, and while his arms tremble with effort, he is able to hold the point surprisingly steady.

He hobbles over to struggle to clamber onto the bench, Zokk extending a branch not currently being used to hold yarn to give him a boost. The gnome's fingers and eyes trace across the metal, picking out the Staff and Star that he saw upon his own face.

((Gordon is proficient in lances.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:39 am

Gordon traces the shape on the Lance... Surely this was his... Perhaps in time more would come back to his mind.

Gordon smiles up at the tree for the help and then fiddles absentmindedly with the Lance.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:11 am

Randy watches with some small satisfaction at what he sees, then leans back against the wall. He pulls his hood lower over his eyes and appears to be dozing, although he's actually just closing his eyes while resting.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:06 am

Zokk watches Gordon, making sure the gnome is steady while they wait for the woman for thier clothes.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 am

As Gordon fiddles, he looks around himself...his eyes eventually landing on the old woman beside him.... He stares at both her and what she's doing.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 am

"Oh, do you like my knitting little boy? Say... you there. Randy, was it? Should your son be playing with that big needle? Seems a bit dangerous."

The old woman gabbles nonsense, as far as Gordon is concerned. It is kind of neat watching the string that the tree-person is holding get tucked an folded into whatever it is she's making.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Randy cracks an eye, looks at Gordon to make sure he's not threatening anything, and closes it again. "Pretty sure he'll be alright."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 pm

"Oh, well, if you're sure..." She says dubiously, before continuing to tell stories about her kids.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Gordon is curious about what she's making, looking closer at it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:55 pm

It's kind of bowl shaped... Maybe a hat?

((I can't remember if I said it was anything else already! It's a hat now!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 am

The group by the general store while away some time, Randy and Gordon attempting or at least feigning a nap, the latter while clutching the lance. Ulmwin perches nearby, reacquainting himself with his lute. The occasional passersby stumbles to a halt to gawk at Zokk, asking just what they are. Evelyn responds, as if it is the most natural thing in the world, and she hadn't just met them less than an hour or so ago.

"Why, they are a three-person, of course!"
"This is Zokk, a nice, helpful young tree."
"Oh, you haven't met one of their sort before? Excellent company!"

Eventually another older woman carrying a basket arrives, though much younger than Evelyn.

"Good afternoon, Alma!"
"Evelyn", the new arrival says with a nod. "I... uuh... that tree is holding your..."
"Oh yes! This is Zokk, they are a very polite young person, not like some of those riffraff, and an excellent listener."
"Oh... yes. Well, I'll leave you to it, I think he's got some work for me.", she gestures to the general store, saying her goodbyes and heading in.

She returns shortly, shaking her head slightly in disbelief, "Zokk was it? I'm apparently here to do some alterations for you, mind if I take some measurements?

Tess and Dornikal arrive at the Lame Goat, and find Coljin relaxing in the common room.

((Holger would have time to return to the inn and freshen up and take care of any other things he wants to prep. He'd be able to tell everyone there about his gig.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 am

Dornikal waves to Coljin and heads over to him asking,

"Mind if aye join ye?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:36 am

“Yes. Join me please. I’m just taking a break to process what all happened since we arrived here.”

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:53 am

Gordon snorts awake. Eyes dreary.. Body weary he realizes that a bed would be much more restful than a bench. His bones scream in pain as he stands up. He walks over to the human and tugs on his pants leg forgetting himself for a moment.

не могли бы вы отвести меня обратно на ту мягкую кровать, в которой я спал, я чувствую, что могу спать целую неделю.

Gordon stands there expectantly, until he remembers that they can't understand him... What an annoyance.

Gordon puts his hand over his right ear and tilts his head to the side and then closes his eyes and breathes deeply.

If the human ignores him for long enough, Gordon will wander off to try to find a room by himself... He takes his Lance with him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 am

((The infirmary is only a few blocks away.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 am

Zokk happily waves at people passing by and greeting them, not caring if they gawk at Zokk.

Once Alma arrives they greet her. "Heeeelloooo Aaaaalmaaaa!" They wait while she goes into the store and talks to her when she gets back. "Oooh yeees. Friiiieeeend Raaaaandyyy saaaaiiid I neeeed clooootheees. I dooooo noooot miiiind geeeetiiiing meeeeaaaasuuureeed. Whaaaaat doooo I dooooo?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:49 am

Gordon thinks he remembers where the infirmary is and sets off to find it (if Randy doesn't reply)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 am

Randy looks quizzically at Gordon. When he pantomimes sleeping, he gives a nod that he understands. He puts up a hand indicating to wait. He then points to himself and Zokk , then to Gordon and points to the store steps and shrugs. He does take off his cloak, rolls it up and offers to the little gnome to use as pillow while they wait.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:31 am

((There is room on the bench for Gordon's little body.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 am

Gordon takes the offered cloak and lays it down on the ground and then lays on top of it. Lance clutched closely as he closes his eyes.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:50 am

Dornikal takes a seat and sighs. He rubs the stubble on his face and glances around the taproom, guessing Tess will let him know where to head next.