The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 am

Randy looks bemusedly at his purple color. He shrugs and points to Holger when Rothar asks his question, and then gets busy tracking down the leader.

survival: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

He keeps his swords handy in case any more "taxmen" try to jump out and interfere.

((If it had only been blue instead. Then we could all claim to be auditioning to be part of the "Blue men" group.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:07 am

You don't find the leader, but you do find a sleepy guy with a crossbow, just inside the tall grass. You think the leader made it deeper in... whether Holger managed to tag him or not, you don't yet know.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 am

Randy takes away the bandits crossbow and gestures towards one of the others to deal with him and keeps tracking the leader.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Not too much farther on, you find the leader, also fast asleep.

((You guys can be off turn order now... should have let you find both before and taken it off turn order.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Nemeia hangs out in the grass, waiting and watching with a readied shortbow attack until it becomes obvious that everyone else is no longer fighting.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Maji goes over to the leader and growls. He looks ready to strike the leader in case he wakes up.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 pm

The leader snores back.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Coljin looks around to see if anyone, friendly, is unconscious and in need of dire healing.
If no one looks close to dying, he will move up the road to where the three dead thugs are and take a closer look at them.
Are they wearing any thing that makes them look like they are part of a group of some sort?
"We were to bring back proof of banditry if we found it. What do you think that would be? We certainly cannot bring the bodies back with us."
Looking at Maji he continues, "And no, we can't bring parts of them with us either."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Kreentath, the female centaur warrior, looks to be at approximately 6.67% health.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Randy removes any weapons from the leader's reach and thoroughly trusses him up with his rope, arms behind his back, ending in a slip noose that is fairly short extending up and around his neck, so that if he tries to move his arms much, he'll throttle himself.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:38 pm

((Let's have a Sleight of Hand check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 pm

sleight of hand: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10 :roll:

Oh,yeah. This guy is going stay neatly trussed. Way to go, Randy. :meh:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm

He remains asleep as you manhandle him into position to get rope trussed about him. ((DEX check please.))

You spot and remove a scimitar and a dagger.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Coljin will head over towards Kreentath.

He will begin casting cure wounds and after casting while the healing occurs will state, "May Mielikki smile upon you and watch over you in the wild lands you roam." (in common)

Cure Wounds: 1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:10 pm

dex: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

Once Randy has him trussed up like a turkey, he'll go ahead and do a more thorough check of the bandit and his gear.

Investigation: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

((So is someone going to do something with crossbow man, or shall we just let him go to warn other bandits? :P ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:56 pm

(I forgot they were a thing)

Maji satisified that the leader is tied up, he goes to find the crossbow men to maul if they didn't surrender.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:13 am

Ulmwin does a head count, seeming to spot less than ten- "Heh... Seems we got a couple of them running after all, didn't we Holger?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:29 am

Holger adresses the nervous centaurs in elven
"It's a bit of extra magic from my spells, it should dissipate in a moment or so, no need to worry." (as long as you don't poke each other with needles)

Holger briefly answers Ulmwin.

"Yeah! If magic wasn't unnerving enough, sudden appearance of centaurs and wild animals didn't help either! The leader should be sleeping soundly in the bush though so better get him before he wakes up. Just a shame most people will believe us drunken fools if we tell them of this battle"

Holger will head out into the bush to find the leader being manhandled by Randerwaith.

"Oh you found him first. He should have some interesting things to tell, I imagine."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 am

The leader has come back to wakefulness, Maji, let's have a perception check please.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:40 am

Zephyr lets out a sigh of relief, wipes the blood from her sword and then eyes her new sheathe suspiciously before sliding her sword back into its creepy embrace. Walking up the hill a bit, she picks up her javelin from where it was tossed. "I suppose we should get these bodies off the road, unless we want to attract some of those giant vultures here to the road."

Zephyr wanders over to a body and lightens its load of weapons, armor and anything else of value, reaching in unmentionable places to find said things, if necessary and then hoisting the bodies up and into the grass, maybe 100 feet or so from the road.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:54 am

Randy nods to Holger. "He should have an interesting tale to tell. Provided he decides to cooperate. Of course, if he doesn't, we could just give him to Maj to eat."

He leans down and whispers in the bandit's ear "He REALLY likes mountain oysters." He gives him a wicked grin, pats his cheek. "Give me a hand here, Holger, and let's get him back to the road. I don't want Maj to snack on him...YET."

Intimidation: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18

((Did Randy's investigation turn up anything?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Coljin: Kreentath shudders as you tend her wounds, and though she cannot understand your words, she understands the tone in which they were intended, and clasps a fist to her bosom and nods her thanks.

Inspecting the bodies a bit, they don't bear any insignia that you notice, but they are outfitted with much better quality and condition of gear than the relatively rag-tag group of bandits that had pressed Krodop into working for them.

You are reasonably certain that if you report your encounter to the Abbey, the would have no reason to doubt your word, though any evidence that would point towards a source of these so called tax collectors would certainly be welcome.

Randerwaith: You get the leader tied up well, but he wakes as you're going through his stuff, finding a slim dagger tucked in his boot, and a coin purse that jingles in the hand.

You use the specter of being a hungry dragonborn's plaything as a threat. He glares at you, eyes wide, and begins struggling...
...the rope tightens around his neck as he continues thrashing... until it cuts off the flow to brain and blacks out... he's looking kind of purple...

Zephyr: You retrieve your javelin, and begin looting the body of the guy that shot you when the whole fight just broke out. He has a crossbow, quiver of bolts, a short sword, and a small pouch of coins in addition to his now damaged leather armor. You do a cavity search to no avail.

*Edit: Oops, forgot Maji. Also, the purple from Holger has faded away at this point.

Maji: You find an empty spot where the other guy was... but have no trouble tracking him down. As you see him approaching, he scrambles to his feet and begins sprinting northward, away from the massive bear snorfling along behind him.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Per: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
Did maji find the crossbow man or not?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm

((Yup, realized it immediately, and was editing it in as you posted.))

The rest of you hear panicked shrieks and the rustling of grass heading away northward. Alistral-wolf's ears perk up, and she bounds after Maji.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler