The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:22 am

"Holy FORK. How do you know? This something you've dealt with?"

"How do we throw them back?"

Tess recalls Ily, and trudges down to the harbor and along the piers to the far end. The stall she met the one-legged fellow at is empty, but a small chalkboard propped up on his stool reads "Too forking wet out to be out in the wet."

Looking around, she spots a nearby fisherman under a tarp of oiled canvas, working on repairing his nets. He glances in her direction before spitting into the harbor and turning back to his work.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:02 am

"We are all skilled in different fields of magic drawing power from it differently. As to shutting it down, that depends on a lot of factors depending on the nature of the gate. If we're lucky it's something on our side keeping it open that we can disrupt. But first and foremost we need to clear a path to it so we can examine it.

Let's make it quick."

Holger with a grim facial expression starts moving past the other group, pointing in the direction they came from as confirmation that it's the right way. He'll pull out a torch, light it with magic and use mage hand to carry it 30 ft ahead of him.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:06 am

"This is really bad... We might be talking full out evacuation if we fail to stop whatever is going on soon. I think we should send back one of the injured soldiers to give warning as to what is going on."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:17 am

Randy points in the direction of the gate.
"I feel it over that way." He looks the Captain in the eye. "The All-Mother sent warning earlier this year that the Old Ones were moving, trying to find a way back in to this plane. She gifted me with the ability to feel these gates....provided I'm close enough." He looks around at the guards. "That gate gets closed, no matter the cost."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:36 am

Dornikal nods and adds,

"Aye should be up front, aye can see better in the dark. Ye know if any sort of weapon hurts these things most? Spear, sword or club? Or do they need special weapons?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 am

Nem returns the nod and gives a quick sign, asking if he's willing to talk.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:57 am

Randy gives a grim smile. "In general, I can hurt them. Another special gift. Everyone else? Just try something and stick together. Holger, given they're sea creatures, I'm guessing fire should be rather effective. Don't get separated and support each other. Try not only to kill them, but deny them the bodies as well. They obviously have a use for them. Maybe as food. Let's hope they don't have a necromancer with them."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:02 am

Tess: He doesn't show any particular recognition to your cant-sign, but notices you looking at him.

"You lookin' to buy fish? Legs usually takes what don't sell in the morn to the Widow."

He nods to a nearby street.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:06 am

"Just looking to get a feel for the city mostly, but I am getting hungry, and the cat always likes fish! Any news today? How's the fishing?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:17 am

"Eh, was good enough this morning, hopin' rain lets off by tonight. The Widow serves up the leftover catch in a stew, if that's sounding good."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:00 am

"It does! But I had a run-in with some young pickpockets this morning so I suspect I will have to wait to meet my friends later before I get another meal. How long have you lived in the city?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:10 am

"All my life."

He spits over the edge, you'd wager that adds up to fifty years or so.

"Ol' Nan's got a soft spot for hungry youngsters down on their luck. She'd probably spot you a bowl of stew and give you a spot to get warm and dry. Tell 'er Clem sent you her way."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:28 am

"Thanks, Clem. I'm Tess. I appreciate your help. So if you've lived here your whole life, you got any advice? Anywhere I should be sure to visit while I'm here? Or avoid?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 am

"Steer clear of the temples and nobles myself. Figure anyone trying that hard to tell you what you should be doing' is lookin' to swindle you one way or 'nother. Not much for sight seein', neither, but I'm more at ease out there than I am in here.", he nods a head towards the ocean.

"When the weather's better, the Market Square has folks performing, free unless you're wanting to leave something in their cup. You missed the circus by about a week, but can't say there's a whole lot else for sight seein'. If you like gawking at buildings, the temples and the Hall up top of the hill are impressive enough, but can't say I like spending time with the folks who work and live there."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 am

"Circus, huh? That's a shame, I'm a fan of those! Don't suppose you remember the name of the troupe?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:39 am

"Nah, the Magnificent Wonderful Amazing Such and Such or the Like. You know how those circus folk get with their naming."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:01 pm

"Hah! I certainly do! Do you know where they're headed next? Might look to catch them up?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:35 pm

“I still have a light coin we can use. But I cannot cast another one night now.”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:59 pm

"Somewhere south, I think."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:02 pm

"Do we need to wait or should we plan while we walk?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:30 pm

"Thanks! I hope the weather clears for you soon."

Nem goes to find the widow.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:38 pm

"Mind if I grab it then? Saves me the trouble of carrying a torch and worry if it gets extinguished by water during a fight."

If Coljin agrees, Holger will attempt to fasten it in front of him so it shines where he can look. When Dornikal asks his question, Holger will motion to walk.

"Might be hard to plan an attack if they are the only ones familiar with the terrain. They were all some mix of sea creatures which I guess you fought in the water? Maybe if we can avoid that terrain we'll have an advantage? Those who are wounded but insisting to keep going should arm themselves with the ranged weapons and stick in the center to avoid further injuries.

I'll take point, hoping to draw them to me, using the ambient magic around me to enhance my every move and agitate it to hopefully lash out at the creatures, so you guards should stay at least a short distance from me to not get caught up in it. Any other important information we should know from your first fight with them? "
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm

"Did Maj say what he saw before he got killed? Otherwise we're going in somewhat blind. I don't know that I want to risk trying to scout it again. If Tess was here, we might manage it. But you three would likely be swimming before getting there. Not optimal if we're dealing with sea beasts."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 pm

"Aye'm best on the front, but aye can wait until ye do yer thing Holger."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:24 pm

"Ulmwin and Dornikal are the only ones who got a chance at that, the rest of us reveal ourselves with a light source."

Holger will hand over his crossbow and bolts to a guard needing a ranged weapon. He'll continue to press people onwards

"Aye'm best on the front, but aye can wait until ye do yer thing Holger."

"I'm going to do it as long as I've got the energy to cast spells. But you survived the orcs hospitality for days and still got up to fight them and the demon when we freed you. I'll be happy to have you by my side and I'm sure you can handle it. You might be our mule for a bit though."

Holger pats Dornikal on his back and smile deviously at him for a moment.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked