The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 am

((Would probably need to upcast it to get a longer duration, but that has promise! Possible hurdle to plan for would be getting him within 60 feet of someone to be able to cast it, he's not all that mobile or stealthy! He'd probably be a bit hesitant to Dimension Door himself inside, he's got plenty of tricks up his wizard sleeves, but he's still the equivalent age of a 90+ year old human. Hence the hiring of strapping young adventurers like yourselves.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 am

((Maybe together with locate object to find the object to dimension door to? I need to look at the spell list for more ideas. Or dimension door a couple of us to the big bad, using find person, and drag him back through to be dominated and returned. No need to sneak him in.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 am

((Dimension door only takes the caster and one other.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Hmm. Telepatic bond, detect magic, contengency (dimention door/misty step) dispel magic, hallusionary terrain(maybe?), maybe mass suggestion or geas?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 3:28 pm

((Telepathic bond was one I'd identified when it looked like the plan would be to send some sneaky folks in.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 31, 2020 2:06 pm

Randy is startled by Kreldoran's voice in his head.

"Shifting to your hours, will arrive at dawn. Meet outside temple, need anything brought?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun May 31, 2020 6:40 pm

"Some luck. We'll meet you there."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 31, 2020 7:30 pm

"I think I have some in a drawer somewhere. See you then."

The night passes uneventfully, your watches not revealing any assassination attempts, and Ily not appearing to notify you of much stirring from the house.

It's morning, you've all rested, though Holger's magic seems to still be acting a bit weird. His room is covered in feathers that all blew off his face sometime since yesterday, but when you go to check in on him, he looks up at you, bald and toothless. "I don't know how much help I'll be/ I can only speak in rhymes you see. Casting spells may be tough/ Not sure I can spit verses smooth enough."

((Anything you want to do before whoever is going to meet up with Kreldoran at the temple?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:07 am

Dornikal would gladly like to greet the elder! Otherwise he is just going to grab some food and put Flash with Holger to take care of each other.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 am

Randy briefly stares at Holger, shakes his head. "Stay here. Kreldorian is coming this morning. We'll see what he feels that he can do." He eats a breakfast and collects whoever is going with him to meet the wizard at the temple.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:02 am

Randy and Dornikal are up early, having a quick breakfast of fresh bread just out of the oven and some fried eggs, and heading out towards the temple before the sun is fully up. The morning is cool, sea brine scented air swirling about as they stroll through the nearly empty, dewy streets. In short order, they arrive in the Temple District, a few early risers heading to or from worship of those who emphasize the morning, or the faithful who will be busy the rest of the day and want to get their prayers done first thing.

Kreldoran's instructions to meet him being somewhat vague, and not wanting to lurk at the entrance, despite Ulmwin having assured you that things had been largely smoothed over, you find a small park to sit and wait. The temple to the god of scribes doesn't seem to be one attracting many early morning worshipers, though a sister of the temple (judging from her robes), does lead a mule and cart out from the temple compound. The cart itself is empty, she's presumably heading out to pick up supplies.

You remain waiting, the sun now above the horizon, and beginning to shine past the government building at the top of the hill, but the rays not yet fully bathing the streets of the city stretched out before you to the west. You can see the fog burning off the harbor, fishing ships that had gone out for the early morning catch returning to port, white, loud birds calling about in the air.

A small gaggle of young acolytes armed with brooms and rakes exits the temple proper, attacking the courtyard and any dirt or debris it might contain. One girl stands apart from the others, and keeps looking in your direction. She looks back, and when the brother who is overseeing them isn't watching, ducks out and scurries out of the enclosure, leaning her broom against the wall and heading in your direction, circling around to stay out of view of the temple. She ducks behind a manicured hedge and whispers in your direction.

"Hey misters, whatcha doing?", she asks in a piping voice.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:11 am

Gordon awakens feeling more like himself than ever before... Whatever feeling like himself feels like... He scratches his chin in thought of what thinking about himself must feel like. He pushes the thought away realizing that this is would be a self defeating thing to think about and goes through his routine of stretches. He dresses, lovingly picks up his lance, petting it and cooing softly to it and then plods downstairs for foodstuffs.

He watches the others and tries to make sure he's included in food eating.

When the tall human begins to collect the others together into what looks like a party to go out he stands nearby and stands at attention. He tries to push away the thoughts as to why he was standing attention... Or why he knows that it's called at attention. Perhaps this was something of who he was.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:20 am

Gordon is moving much more spryly today, his limbs seem to be loosening up and regaining muscle well.

((Give me an INT check, disadvantage, -1.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:31 am

Dornikal smiles,

"We are waiting on a friend, young miss."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:31 am

_: 2D20.HIGH(1)-1 = [7, 3]-1 = 6

Should have been low... So 2

:(

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:53 am

Gordon has no idea why he would have stood like this before, but it feels sort of familiar.

"Whose yer friend?", she asks, sitting on a bench and kicking her feet.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:28 am

"Another dwarf like me, but older and with a better beard." He uses his hands to show how big of a beard Kreldoran has. "How's life in the temple here, lass? Ye like it well enough?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 am

She starts to say something, then stops before eventually speaking.

"I'm sure your beard'll be just fine once it grows in. I err... I just got here, but they seem kind of grumpy."

She looks over at Randy, considering him as she picks her nose.

"Does he always look so serious?", she asks, turning back to Dornikal.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:22 am

Zokk waits nearby the temple for their friends' friend.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:55 am

Coljin will wait for everyone to return to the inn, no need for a parade of non-humans in not necessary.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:29 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 am She starts to say something, then stops before eventually speaking.

"I'm sure your beard'll be just fine once it grows in. I err... I just got here, but they seem kind of grumpy."

She looks over at Randy, considering him as she picks her nose.

"Does he always look so serious?", she asks, turning back to Dornikal.
Randy raises an eyebrow at that and then gives a wry grin. "Usually."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 am

The girl grins back. "So whatcha waiting on the old dwarf with the better beard for? He a cleric or something?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:45 am

"Not quite, he does use magic but not like a clerics." He watches the nose picking and asks, "Why'd ye start here lass?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:59 am

"Start here? Whatcha mean? Why'ja meeting him here? What sorta magic's he do? Do you do magic?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm

"Why are ye an acolyte here? We are meeting him here because this is where he said he'd be!"

The next question makes Dornikal think,

"Well... He has an invisible servant and has a big house he can magic around to different places." To the last question Dornikal shakes his head, "Nej, lass. Aye canna do magic. Sometimes meh God sends his power through meh, but it isn't a spell or anything."

He looks at Randy.

"He can do some tricks with a sword but aye think it'll get her master's attention if he does'm!"